It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas joins the club of States telling the Federal Government to Stand Down

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

WOW! Where did you plagiarize that from?!

There is no way in hell you came up with that by yourself. HAHA!!

Thanks for the laugh!

GOOD NIGHT ALL!!!

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Just a thought:

No one ever remembers the sacrifices that were made for equality, that began long before Martin Luther King. Abe Lincoln for example. He gave his life for equality and freedom in this country.
And another example: Not all the people that died on battlefields, were people of color. Off-hand I would say that the caucasian race had as much if not more to do with racial equality as any other. But do they get any credit? No!
Don't get me wrong, I'm not exactly caucasian. I am a half-breed, and if anyone has a right to be screaming about injustice; it should be the American Indian. Just my 2 cents.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by sizzle

Sizzle, honestly I would not be fall for JDSallinger's trap of turning this into a racist conversation. Obviously he is not here to discuss the true intent of this thread nor of serious nature of our current political situation. I would suggest not letting him or her getting you sidetracked.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by XTexan

One of the few Tv shows i actually liked. sucks they took it off the air. anyone wanting to see a glimps of our future i highly recomend finding the show online and watching it. its a real eye opener.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mercenary2007
if we had states declaring secession from the U.S. you better believe the federal government would send in federal troops to stop it. they will do anything to keep their power. they will do anything to keep the states in line and ultimately the people.

No doubt the feds would take action.

What would happen next would not be a pretty sight. How many of the 50 states are now onboard with this? If it's more than 25 then it would be one h##l of a fight.

Yes, there are some who believe this won't do anything. Maybe it won't. Then again, if just one state stands up to them AND is attacked, how long do you think the other states (that are onboard) will take to join in the fight? I don't think it would take all that long...people, MANY people, are pissed.

States that have not declared themselves to be onboard, the fence sitters, could well perceive this to be a proverbial shot heard around the world. It could end up being what knocks them off of the fence.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowEyes

last count was 22 states.

edit to add:

I think if one state is attacked by the federal government you would see the other states that have these resolutions come to their aid. also a few fence sitters might join in as well. Of course your going to have a few states that are still scared of the federal government tow the federal line for awhile but not long.

[edit on 2/19/2009 by Mercenary2007]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

Thank you for bringing me to my senses. Sorry for the derailment.
There were just a few things I felt for a long time, that needed to be said. I don't apologize for that.
Back on topic:
I have lived in 16 states before moving to Tx. Once I arrived, I made it my ambition to stay. I love the laid-back friendliness of the ppl here. And I am so glad that Tx will be joining some other states in standing up for our rights!

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowEyes

Like Merc said 22 states, and the list keeps growing... Its not a particular region either, seems to be all over, so its getting interesting. I'm sure more will be joining and I will be surprised to see it stay under half for much longer...

reply to post by sizzle

I moved to Virginia for 4 years and just moved back to Texas this month. I hated every minute up there.

I knew for a fact that if SHTF then I didn't want to be anywhere but Texas.

[edit on 19-2-2009 by XTexan]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by XTexan

Indeed it is good to see the people banding together and uniting to protect their freedoms and defend the constitution. Again, I feel the State Governments may be our last chance for pulling the political muscle to restore the constitution with out violence.

I have no fantasies though that the NWO has not even begun to show all of their cards. We shall see how the chess game is played out. Interesting times.

And indeed Sizzle I am glad I live here in Texas. The people are friendly and we have an incredible diversity in culture. Not to mention Houston is and Texas in general is quite resistant to recession due to the amount of business we have, our natural resources, and the balanced budget of our state.

Oh ya and not to mention, we still believe in the Second Amendment here.

[edit on 19-2-2009 by Anonymous Avatar]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
It is specifically for these reasons, and the reasons of all other states that have drawn up this new legislation, why a new world order run by the power elite of the U.S. government won't occur.

Furthermore, and I would hate for this to come true, this would be the first step along the lines predicted by John Titor of that which will happen to this country after a world war -- specifically, the country of sovereign states being broken up into 5 regions with a president for each region.

[edit on 2/19/2009 by pjslug]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by XTexan

reply to post by sizzle

I moved to Virginia for 4 years and just moved back to Texas this month. I hated every minute up there.

I knew for a fact that if SHTF then I didn't want to be anywhere but Texas.

[edit on 19-2-2009 by XTexan]

I, too once lived in Va. I hated it more than any other place that I have lived. Too many snobby, uppity ppl there. When they couldn't think of any thing intelligent to say, they made fun of my accent.
God bless texas! It's a whole other country!

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
while i have never lived in Texas i Have family that does. i make it a point to get down that way as much as i can. So i consider Texas a home away from home.
Because i feel like i'm at home when down there visiting. So to my Texas brethern, If the SHTF and ya'll gotta bug out head northeast towards Missouri You got a place up here Because i know if i gotta bug out I'm headed your way!

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
To all my fellow Texans and the rest of my fellow countrymen and women, I truly hope we can find a way to put our political differences aside and unite for the common good of America.

A big Semper Fi to each and every one of ya

catch ya'll later

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by XTexan

how DARE you...

no seriously.. you can watch the TV series Jericho online here ...
www.cbs.com...

-

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
To all my fellow Texans and the rest of my fellow countrymen and women, I truly hope we can find a way to put our political differences aside and unite for the common good of America.

catch ya'll later

lol ..typical..
hey MAN.. it's not "our differences" that is dividing us...

get with the program.

this is engineered ...
it's not some random happening of mankind's citizen's fortune..

man .. some people.. it's like ...
they read and post on ATS.. but it's like.. they .. still have the mind of a 5th grader on prozac that never LEARNS anything..

just in one ear out the other.. never actually .. "getting it"..

-

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Power_Semi
As an Englishman I find this whole situation a bit baffling.

Firstly what has prompted all of these states to start doing this? You know what it's like, people in power at any level are all in each others pockets & taking backhanders from up & down the foodchain, so why & how would someone in that chain suddenly become a dissenter against their colleagues/superiors/masters?

It kind of doesn't make sense.

Also, to have numerous states doing this doesn't ring true either. Trying to coordinate any disparate group of people to do anything is tough, but trying to convince different politicians &/or public officials would be nigh on impossible.

That leads me to be able to think of only 2 possibilities:

1) Something was revealed to them that shocked them so much that a lot of them have agreed behind closed doors to do this (I'm thinking maybe when they were told why they would sign the financial bill through maybe - or maybe that was the wrong group of people??)

or;

2) It's being co-ordinated from higher up. Maybe the writing is on the wall & when say economic collapse comes people will have zero faith in the Federal Govt & their local leaders, so they start the ball rolling now to make it look as though they are anti-FedGov & pro the people so that afterwards everything can be blamed on the evil "Fed Gov" & the people will still support their local government.

Then they can create a new centralised power that's "pro people" but will really be the same entity in a different guise run by the same people.

Or most likely I don't understand whats going on 'cause I'm not a Yank

The great communist country of England
He has a point. Why is this happening? Its not because of the guns and our rights. Are these states so scared of Obama that they are doing it? Quite frankly here in Northern Virginia the people are so Obama nuts you would think he was turning the water he was walking on to wine while tossing out bags of money. I'll believe the whole civil war thing when I see it. Otherwise its a bunch of loons with guns making gun owners look bad. Also it appears to me that Texas, as great as it is, doesn't care about the border anymore then Washington DC does so if it left the US how would it keep from becoming part of Mexico or rejoining the US? I've said it before that they talk the talk but don't walk the walk. Its easy for the elected officials to say "ok I'll support this to keep the people happy" so once they all pass these resolutions and get the warm tingily feeling in their bodies its going to be the same old place. I know Virginia has the VDF (Virginia Defense Force) but they are unarmed and are only about 900 in number. like the rent-a-cop at the mall they have no real power and can try to hold you until the real cops show up. The states want to get paid (bribed by the Federal Govt to keep in line and keep their citizens in line) and Obama is passing out bags of money to anybody who wants to play ball. These resolutions are paper tigers and mean Jack. If the federal govt even thought for once one of the states is going to leave the union how fast do you think they would eliminate the trouble makers and take over the state house? I don't think we are war weary, most people don't even think we are at war. sure our troops are over there but not in enough numbers for huge amounts of people to be affected. Remember they are also over there in Europe, Japan and Korea so its nothing new. The Majority of people want to go to work, come home, and support their family and really couldn't care about anything to federal govt is doing as long as they meet their needs and wants. When I hear gunfire in the streets (not from random gang members) and cities burning then I'll believe it. Until then this is all smoke and mirrors designed to keep the populations in line and looking at the right hand while the left hand is taking away from them.

[edit on 19-2-2009 by 31337]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Power_Semi
2) It's being co-ordinated from higher up. Maybe the writing is on the wall & when say economic collapse comes people will have zero faith in the Federal Govt & their local leaders, so they start the ball rolling now to make it look as though they are anti-FedGov & pro the people so that afterwards everything can be blamed on the evil "Fed Gov" & the people will still support their local government.

Then they can create a new centralised power that's "pro people" but will really be the same entity in a different guise run by the same people.

then in the midst of their civil war.. they can all be attacked by Nazi's from Antarctica pretending to be aliens.. then the entire CONTINENT.. will have to band together.. reunite as ONE... hell .. the whole WORLD would have to..
in the face of anti-graph photon weaponry developed in secret since the 40s.

-

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

catch ya'll later

I agree!!!

However I'm afraid its going to take cleaning all of congress, every single one of them no matter how you feel about your guy and making it so there are no lobbyist, an elected official can not have a conflict of interest in order to serve and find a way to make sure that once in office they don't get rich from being in office. Once we get congress back then we need to work on the Judicial and then the Executive.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Mercenary2007

Hey as long as you believe in civil liberties for all and a republic, then my house is your house. A well armed house to boot.

On a side note, I didn't really expect such a reaction to this thread, but I suppose it would make sense that everyone was waiting for Texas to do this. Even if the other states were not beginning to draw lines and Texas was alone in this, that still counts for almost 10 percent of the population of the United States and the second largest GDP by State in the country. Say what you will about Texas, we carry a lot of weight and I have yet to meet a single person in the world (and I have traveled the world) who doesn't know about Texas.

I look forward to joining the rest of my fellow citizens and states in taking our freedom back and trying to restore our Constitutional Republic that this country was founded upon.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

Thats so true, during my recent trip to Amsterdam last year me and my friend spent most of our time talking to people from all over the world... All of them wanted to know more about Texas... It was great and we both got a kick out of it!

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join