It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RED ALERT: FX Dislocation In Process

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
looks like dollar is up and starting to trend that way.

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee its like riding a rollercoaster....

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

The Dollar and Gold have been doing that since Jan 14th? I Need to look around and see if something sneeky is going on...

USD-JPY 93.2200 0.8150 0.88% 10:09
EUR-USD 1.2553 -0.0030 -0.24% 10:08
GBP-USD 1.4192 -0.0046 -0.33% 10:09

OH...CNBC says, "Hogans Bottom is Dead!"...DJIA starting to slowly fall?

[edit on 2/18/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
This is a grab situation. Everybody is grabbing what he can.
This is by no means positive for any huge structures like NWO. This is the opposite of NWO idea.

Big structures = EU, or USA, or UN, and so on.

You can't prevent bankruptcy using indigenous means.
Reinhardt is right: there must be re-coinage.
But realistically, it can not be "one world's currency".

It must be something "solid" and just another "new ideology" is not that solid.
It won't be religion either.
It won't be consumerism...

What will be the new base value?

What will be our next "alter ego"?

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
reply to post by brohes

Yeah, just watch, people are so retarded they will make a 200 points rally.
It wouldn't be the first time.

Not retarded at all, smart trading.

You can play calls, puts and covered calls day in and day out and make a killing right now. I've been holding my core position in DRYS and selling covered calls, closing them out, playing puts, and doing it all over again. DRYS is one of many highly volatile stocks right now where one can make a killing if they take advantage of these selloffs and bounces.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Baccardax: Eastern Europe Could Dump Gold
www.cnbc.com...

The ratings company issued a stark warning to bond investors exposed to the region's banks. In a nutshell, demographic demands (Europe's population is ageing fast, its birth rate is plunging and its retirement benefits are increasing) have pushed the European project ever-Eastward, bringing Poland, Hungary and the Czech and Slovenia Republics into the fold four years ago, with Bulgaria and Romania following in 2007.

With enlargement has, of course, come economic and monetary expansion; Europe's banks have lent billions to lift the region's prospects, lifting foreign currency debt-to-GDP ratios from an aggregate 30 percent in 2000 to a current 47 percent.

Currency declines, according to Credit Suisse, could take that figure to 65 percent. Put another way: the region’s on the hook for $1 trillion -- a fifth of it due for refinancing this year.

That might be a task too far when emerging Europe is expected to contract by as much as 10 percent and currencies like the Polish Zloty (down 15 percent against the Euro) and the Czech Koruna (down 13 percent) continue to free-fall. Add to that the fact that the US Treasury is set to flog $2 trillion in paper at the same time.

So, what’s left? Gold, that's what. Central and Eastern Europe are sitting atop 730 metric tonnes of bullion, with a current market value of $259 billion. The IMF needs member approval to shift it 400-plus tonnes and Western European banks have cut a deal to limit sales until next year.

They'd have to be tempted: commodity prices are sitting at 6-year lows while Gold's climb continues apace. At $1,000 an ounce, the price spread, and the lure of hard currency, might be too much to resist.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ::.mika.::
the problem there, to my understanding is that swiss franc is the last currency backed by gold, so these two evolving in such a different way seems really "unatural" to me

Berne as swiss franc was so low for no explainable reasons.

Many swiss banks lended money in eastern europe where mortage are are in Swiss currency. Poles and others are seeing their zlotys or whatever plunging.

Lenders might be in trouble of being paid. Thus Swiss authority will push in everobody else situation; Bailouts... or else.

Gold 970.

For entertaining purpose;

An old movie called: Rollover.

Funny, The US president is Black, and some banskers are creating a crisis by scr****ing the dollars. Total economic chaos and annihilation.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Nimrod

thks for explanation

but

Thus Swiss authority will push in everobody else situation; Bailouts... or else.

sorry, I don't understand that.
can you explain what you mean ?
and who do you mean by authority ? (well the banksters i guess)

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   

reply to post by Nimrod

thks for explanation

I' m sorry, I posted too quickly.

Authority ?

well Like Here, Puppet Governements and puppet central banks.

These Folks will have to bail-out like we do.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Nimrod

why are the mortgages in eastern-europe in swiss francs ?

they were supposed to join EU, why not euros ? how come UE let that happen ?

are we talking about the banksters
using that currency (last backed on gold... in their tiny very own haven , very preserved and welcoming all kind of gold 70 years before) to gain control over the eastern european government on one-side,
playing/planning a euro/dollar crash on the other side at the same time ?

this would be war-like conditions...

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty
Market Ticker - Source

8:17 CT

I do not know what is going on here, and I don't think I want to.

Someone, apparently someone in Asia, wants dollars. A LOT of dollars. There is a forced-liquidation event underway that is massive, it is against all asset classes and it is spreading.

Will this reverse before our markets open in the morning, or are we going to see something really ugly??

China, I'm told, has the largest cash reserves so I'd say CHINA is the prime suspect here.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Protecting foreign BOND holders has been a MAJOR priority of the U.S treasury bailout (not the investment banks themselves) .

GSE's fannie and freddie had thier bond holders made whole on bad debt because the #1 and #2 holders of GSE bonds were Japan and China not to mention some other sovergn weatlh funds and foreign central banks....

U.S was peeing their pants that these country's would stop buying Treasury bonds if we did not make them whole on there fannie /freddie debt...which would in effect send our mortgage interest rates soaring and force the FEd to purchase large amounts of treasury debt (monetize the debt)

Going forward the foreign bond holders continue to play a large part in the Treasury's current effort to overpay for the toxic assets.....they are feel'n the pressure i'm sure at the G7 meeting to continue to make foreign bond holders see full value for their (toxic investments) at taxpayer expense.....you gotta understand when you are dependent on foreign financing they have leverage to get you to bail THEM Out.

It is my understanding that should we take foreign bondholders (in investment banks toxic assets) to the barber shop/wood shed that the fed would have to buy treasury's like crazy just to keep the mortgage market from imploding (since country's burned on bank bonds may bycott financing us) the easier route seems to be bending the taxpayer over ........trying to keep the crash in slow mo'......the banks could still fail even with the bond holders being made whole (like in Bear stearns case) ....or we could tell them to take a hike (like w/ lehman) or protect both the banks and bondholders (like Citi, BOA so far)

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   

the problem there, to my understanding is that swiss franc is the last currency backed by gold, so these two evolving in such a different way seems really "unatural" to me

Under pressure from the US in it's war against Gold, the Swiss voted to surrender the Franc' statutory link to Gold back in 1999. Once considered a financial safe haven with the most secure banking system in the world...look at Switzerland today. In just 10yrs time, global confidence shattered - potential bankruptcy - sovereign credit rating in jeopardy - currency in trouble.

After 911, financial privacy came under attack...the bastion of Swiss banking confidentiality suffered as a result. Once independent, Switzerland became a member of the United Nations in 2002...it's been all downhill ever since.

GL

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by OBE1

Under pressure from the US in it's war against Gold, the Swiss voted to surrender the Franc' statutory link to Gold back in 1999. Once considered a financial safe haven with the most secure banking system in the world...look at Switzerland today. In just 10yrs time, global confidence shattered - potential bankruptcy - sovereign credit rating in jeopardy - currency in trouble.

Yup, another piece of the master plan was put in place when Switzerland surrendered to the NWO. The final stage of the plan is playing out on the world stage now. Soon, the entire world will be dependent upon TPTB for breadcrumbs that fall from their banquet table.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ::.mika.::

Hi Mika,

There are mortage in estern europe that are made with swiss franks, and of course Euro.

It tells it all, here:

www.poland-mortgage-direct.com...

Western lenders don't trust much eastern european states to maintain a stable currency. Not all eastern european states are Euros.

So people in poland cannot repay in swiss frank since their income is in zlotys, and it fell so much lately.

Eurozone is in crisis, England is on a cliff.

I watch gold price this evening, and it was stable; about 987. But transfering in British pound it gave a round number for a Kilo. Support and resistance levels for pricing are generaly base on US. It was not the case this evening. Now it's back to usual.

www.bullionvault.com...

I guess Brits are flying gold and fearing pound.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I see George Ure fom the Urban Survival website, who has close ties with the Webbot project, (lol, yeah I know), has made some rather bold predictions for the markets tomorrow and Friday. He is calling for a slow downturn in the morning tomorrow and then after lunch a major selloff that could reach 800-1000 points.

He then states that Friday's market will not last to lunch time before trading is halted. He goes on to explain why he feels we may see these things. I dont put much credit, none actually, in the webot but his knowledge and advice on the markets seem to be pretty good since before this whole "crisis" began.

Check out his comments and let me know what you guys think. Plausable? Or just someone talking out his ass?

Urban Survival website

[edit on 2/18/0909 by Trayen11]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I've read more about those mortgages made in swiss frank for eastern Europe in order to know why so much preoccupations.

www.infowars.com...

Swiss franc is quite overexposed since they borrow the monney in Switzerland where interest rates were low, to lend it at much bigger rates in hungry and poland, but still in Sfrank..

Kind of carry-trade.

Another bubble to bust in US economy. Tons of monney were borrowed from Japan at near 0 % interest rate. to be lend in US at 5, 6 % or more.

Everything is fine as long as the Yen doesn't rise or US dollar fells. Maybe the massive buy of Us dollars could find another explanation here.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Trayen11

I'm not so sure about the webots predictions either, but when it comes to it predicting the stock market I might but a little more clout into it. Seeing how that is what the whole thing was created for.

I guess we will just have to wait and see. If the US markets circuit breakers trip then I don't know what that is going to do.

All I know though is that everything on the news is bad everything is about the economy.

Almost makes we want to start a paper. You know what they say bad news sells papers.

I would see if redhatty, nj2day, and a few others have to say. They are pretty good at predicting what is going to happen. Of course it all depends on what happens tonight.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
One of the striking facts that I can state is that so far, no circuit breakers have been tripped during active trading - even when the market was tanking hard, it always managed to not hit the breaker levels - even after the futures had hit the lock down limit overnight, when the market opened no breakers were hit.

It's strange - to put it mildly - and has been noted by most traders, even if they don't actively talk about it.

1st quarter 2009 breaker levels are:

In the event of a 850-POINT decline in the DJIA (*now over* 10 percent):

Before 2pm 1 hour halt
Between 2- 2:30 pm 30 minute halt
After 2:30 no halt

In the event of a 1700-POINT decline in the DJIA (*now over* 20 percent):

Before 1 pm 2 hour halt
1-2 pm 1 hour halt
After 2 om Market closes

In the event of a 2600-POINT decline in the DJIA (*now over* 30 percent), regardless of the time, MARKET CLOSES for the day.

Seriously if we see an 850 point drop in the next 2 days, the panic it would set off would be disastrous.

I pray it does not happen.

Edit to add: As of 1:02 am, there is nothing in the futures market activity to suggest any panic is happening

Edit to clarify - that 850 pt drop would be in a single day, not the cumulative amount of drop over 2 days.

[edit on 2/19/09 by redhatty]

[edit on 2/19/09 by redhatty]

new topics

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join