It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RED ALERT: FX Dislocation In Process

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ::.mika.::

Hi Mika,

Manipulation on gold price is important. Important by the size, and by the result.

If gold was 4000 an ounce everybody would realize weekness of Their currency !

www.gata.org...

www.marketoracle.co.uk...

goldprice.org...

Major banks (mainly always the 2 same) are involved in market manipulation concerning gold. They Shortsell future contract from COMEX (A.K.A. CRIMEX). Giving paper gold to their costumer (a receipt sating the pruchase, and that's it. They dare even to charge people for stockage fees !!!!!

Big mining companies have most of their production hedged (sold in advance) they don't complain much about market manipulation. Smaller companies are fed up, since an upper price means more profits. All these manipulation, lower the price.

Folks buy gold mainly because of fear. The Times are such.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
OK...now whats up with....

Eur/Jpy +1.56% rising fast +1.72%...+1.85%...+2.14%
GBP/Jpy +1.37 rising fast +1.58%...+2.02%...+2.11%
Aud/Usd +1.96%

freeserv.dukascopy.com...

The Game is afoot...keep yer eyes peal'd lads...I smell a fox in the henhouse...aaarrrhhh

[edit on 2/19/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Meh, Just another day in the forex market. Lots of fear and lots of greed.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

I guess your right...
Explain why the dollar, 10 Yr Treas Yield and gold are all tracking the same way at the same time? I thought some went opposite the others...

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
hrm... sorry I haven't been in here LOL I actually finally got some sleep

anyway, I'm not thinking we're going to see much in the market until tomorrow...

we'll most likely see a slight drop... (I would be inclined to predict -100 on the DJIA as a max today) Oil came back up... stocks will slump on the new oil prices.

other than that... Gold is pretty steady, no significant jump there, so I'm not seeing much "fear" like we saw a few days ago.

thats my 4 cents.. (after adjusting for inflation
)

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

I guess goldman or jp or whoever calling off their shorts on Eastern Europe calmed things down for a minute...

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

LOL I think the EU has decided to assist Eastern Europe if needed... I think I heard something about that yesterday...

I might be mistaken though...

Big mistake IMHO... governments should be saving money for relief efforts for the aftermath, and let the market find true market value

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nimrod
Folks buy gold mainly because of fear. The Times are such.

If the advice to buy gold can be found on various Internet boards means that gold is about to peak and the purchase is not worth the gamble. You buy gold when it's not attractive due to other investment opportunities that were construed due to economy manipulation, which is an activity similar to inflating a bubble that is destined to burst. If it blows with a loud bang, gold comes back to favor, you sell the metal that you bought cheap and have sumptuous dinner at Burger King. (20.06, +0.01, +0.07%)

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I was watching Rick Santelli this morning on CNBC, when he went into his tirade. It was great. In case you missed it, here it is:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
hehe not to toot my own horn... but I'm pretty impressed w/myself LOL

I've been virtually spot on all week...

tuesday I predicted major drop... stock went down almost 300 points (my original prediction was 400... so I was a tad off... )

Wed, I predicted volitile markets, but all in all ending in a session that was +/- 50 pts DWJI... hehe

Today... i predicted a drop of no more than 100 points... and here we are... at roughly -90

I wish I had been this accurate when I was invested in the market lol

Anyway, I'm going to keep up with you guys, your input is helping my stock analysis lol

I've never been that close to spot-on on a daily basis before lol

Now if it was just possible to have a working model for individual stocks... My model was shot to hell after the major drop in Oct...

[edit on 19-2-2009 by nj2day]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

The market closed at a 6 year low today. I am interested in hearing your prediction for tomorrow. Do you think Friday will be a bloodbath?
Where do you think the bottom is?

Peace..

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

I'm inclined to think another drop tomorrow... -250 to -350... but I would wait and see what happens in asia and eastern europe first...

Asian stocks showed signs of gaining some ground, and I haven't looked to see whats behind it yet...

I think the bottom is somewhere between 3000 and 4000 points... but we'll see...

Anyway, I'll be able to predict a little better when I can take a look at Asia and Eastern Europe... but for now, thats my prediction for tomorrow...

side note... IMHO we'll see some sliding in the next few weeks as oil prices rise little bits at a time... I still don't think we'll see oil go above $60/barrel though...

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

I've never been that close to spot-on on a daily basis before lol

It's always easier to be objective when your own money isn't involved. I certainly found that out over the years.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

yup LOL

there's nifty game for people who want to play the market, without actually having money involved...

www.investopedia.com...

They have a stock sim that uses real market figures :p

its kinda fun... although I haven't played in months... but I did simulate my portfolio after I closed out in real life... and the stocks I had lost over 50% in value since I left the market

Reminds me that I pulled out at just the right time (August) lol

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

and the stocks I had lost over 50% in value since I left the market

Sounds like my 403B. Unfortunately, I didn't pull it all out, because of the taxes I would have had. As it turned out, the taxes wouldn't have come close to what I lost on paper. Now I'm stuck, either hold it for 10 years and hope, or hold it for 10 years and hope, assuming I live that long!

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Invest in Sony

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I dont know how much validity this is going to have to anything, but I was just thinking about the Amero . It seems to me like they already knew about the problem we are having today years in advance. Since they knew, do you think that it is possible that they started up the concept of the Amero because they knew they would HAVE to do so? Is it possible they are just toying with our minds to ease the fears of bringing in the Amero? By that I mean, could they be using this crisis as a staging event in order for them to introduce the new currency? Im no economist, but this just entered into my head for some reason. Id like to hear some of the more educated thoughts on this.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

They've know about this for a long time and have been planning for it.
Surprised there's been no false flag as of yet...unless the financial crisis qualifys...

[edit on 2/19/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Nice, essentially exactly how I feel.

I would have to say he was right in saying that is essentially how the vast majority (the silent majority) feels..

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
i think the economy will get a boost in the second half from the stimulus adding 3-4 % points to GDP and then we will resume a downturn (kind of like when the stimulus checks were handed out last year) but "the economy" meaning unemployment won't get a boost from the stimulus and will keep rising......so i think the STK MKT may rise on news of a false recovery down the line say whenever the added stimulus spending gets factored into GDP but it won't be anything sustainable and then the next leg downward will resume (in 2010) .....besides earnings will be the true factor driving stocks and they will be bad regardless of gov't spending's effects on GDP.

GDP numbers will become less and less reflective of economic recovery from a standpoint of productivity, unemployment, and standard of living because the DEMS in congress will continue to craft at least one more bailout bill late in the year........and any type of spending can boost debt....the interesting thing will be the handling of the banks toxic assets and who goes into receivership and wether the bond holders take a haircut or if the gov't is too connected to them or afraid (if they are foreigners) that they may stop buying or debt (and sell it en masse) in that case ......foreign bond holders would have us taxpayers by the balls

[edit on 19-2-2009 by cpdaman]

new topics

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join