It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange star in the sky

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

It might be, but I never saw a star that bright in my life before, ever. I've been noticing it for over a month, and last week it just became so dominant in the nightsky, it seems to be getting bigger and brighter.

Like I said, I'll try to get some good pictures up ASAP.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by foremanator

Very interesting, I have been noticing this bright star in Vancouver, Canada! I have been noticing it for weeks, and sometimes I'm drawn to it, just stare at it. Also I've noticed other stars being more blue... and twinkle more, but this ONE star is very bright and HUGE. I can't help but think how people used to say in 2008 Planet X start showing up ... could this be?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Guys, when I look at a planet through my 6 inch reflector scope, you can see they are spheres, little glowing balls setting there in space, a marble. This thing is a light, you cannot see a surface and if it is a planet, would someone take a shot through a scope and show the object, lets see the sphere. If it is not a planet, then it is one bright huge star, the largest I have ever seen.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by enigmania
reply to post by Phage

It might be, but I never saw a star that bright in my life before, ever. I've been noticing it for over a month, and last week it just became so dominant in the nightsky, it seems to be getting bigger and brighter.

Like I said, I'll try to get some good pictures up ASAP.

I see it right now. It is so bright, it is insane. I guess it is the star Sirius. Probably someone already mentioned that. It is the brightest I have ever seen though. Tried to take a picture, bit it doesnt translate well to film.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Sergeant Stiletto

I live in VA... and that star/planet... whatever it is has been in the sky for a while now. I'd been noticing strange lunar behavior when all of a sudden that star appeared a couple of months ago underneath it.
I have also seen two of the twinkling multi-colored objects... just one at first... but now two. One in the southeast and one in the southwest usually very early in the morning. I just thought perhaps they were satellites of some sort. The star and the other things are definitely not the same. The star is either extremely bright or extremely large... or coming closer... but I can't tell which.

I read that it was Jupiter... and then Venus... and nobody really seems to know.

In any case you are not alone.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Pappie54

Pappie, I just came in from looking at Venus with my telescope. Right now it doesn't look like a marble. Its a pretty small crescent with most of the "marble" obscured.

I can't take decent pics with my cam, so here's my artistic representation of what it looks like.

* NOT REAL - 3D *
i713.photobucket.com...

Looked pretty much just like that. (maybe a bit thicker)

Peace

[edit on 16-2-2009 by TheRealDonPedros]

[edit on 16-2-2009 by TheRealDonPedros]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
wierd.. i was wondering what this bright star was.. i first tought it was Sirius, then i settled with Venus without checking positions. The fun part is; my parents actally called me when driving from Bodø(above the artic circle) and asked me what this bright star was, i said i was wondering the same and tought it was Venus. but checking the net was useless since i could not find anything confirming this. And another post mentioning that this was in the norwegian news.. i usually read all the news here(norway is not big, so..), and i havent seen any mentioning of this..?

And from where i live, this thing is BRIGHT. Ive lived for 32 years and i have not seen anything like it. And neather have my parents.

[edit on 16/2/09 by BenDozer]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I live in Perth, Western Australia and have noticed a very bright star to the west. It’s very bright and a lot bigger than any star. It also doesn’t look very far away compared to the stars. I noticed it appeared around the end of last year. To me it is a bright white colour and doesn’t flash, just very bright and big. I always seem to look up at it before entering my house every night, like im looking for something different or for it to change. It seems to be next to the moon most of the time and looks so bright. It actually looks very nice in the sky, but would be good to know what it is....

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I live in the south east(U.S.) and as far as I can discern from reading through the post the star is Venus. It moves from the southwest westward at about 35 to 40 degrees off the horizon just after sunset. I'm just wondering why it seems so much brighter than usual. ?

That is, the star that I've been noticing.

[edit on 16-2-2009 by Buddy420]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRealDonPedros

Very good and I detect the sphere shape. Now is that the bright thing we're all talking about or did you actually shoot Venus? I sold my scope cause I wasn't getting much use out of it but now I wish I had it. Those shots I took are with a 28 hundred dollar lens though it is only a 300mm. Plus what I shot last night, if it was this, it was in at least 3/4 in light if not full and in one night, yours is 1/3 lit up, am I right? I want to do a very long exposure to see if its movement is exactly like the stars around it next but we're cloudy here tonight.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Buddy420

I haven't checked this for sure but more than likely it's because it's orbit is taking it closer to the Earth. But I'm not sure.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
i know here in newhampshire, if i look south west, i can see it too, about 530 in th morning, it starts to move in a direction towards the moon, flahing mostly red, but sometimes a greenish blue..... My girlfriend has told me for over a month now that i am crazy, and paranoid... i probably am, but not about this one.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Pappie54

That's not a "real life" picture, I used 3d/2d software to duplicate what I saw a couple of hours ago.

Remember that I use a reflector scope, it's a mirror image.

Peace

PS. That was the brightest I've ever seen it. Its crystal clear tonight and only a bit below zero, so everything looks razor sharp.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggystar60
reply to post by undiscoveredsoul

Yes, the universe is indeed a mysterious and wonderful place.

That was lovely.

Thanks for the trip.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
III 34
Quand le deffaut du Soleil lors sera,
Sur le plein iour le monstre sera veu;
Tout autrement on l'interpretera,
Cherté n'a garde, nul n'y aura pourueu.

When the eclipse of the Sun will then be,
The monster will be seen in full day:
Quite otherwise will one interpret it,
High price unguarded: none will have foreseen it.

When was the last solar eclipse? When did everyone start noticing this "planet/star"?

Doh! (edited for a typo)

[edit on 16-2-2009 by _Mr.X_]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by tide88

Is it too much trouble for you folks to check a starchart? Sirius is the bright star to the lower left of Orion. It's a bright star, but not nearly as bright as the object that everyone has been describing--Venus is in the southwest between sunset and 9pm or so, and, yes, it is very bright right now, but it's all part of the natural order of the solar system, not part of some government conspiracy or religious prophecy. Check out the astronomy websites and see for yourself...It's Venus.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Mr.X_
III 34
Quand le deffaut du Soleil lors sera,
Sur le plein iour le monstre sera veu;
Tout autrement on l'interpretera,
Cherté n'a garde, nul n'y aura pourueu.

When the eclipse of the Sun will then be,
The monster will be seen in full day:
Quite otherwise will one interpret it,
High price unguarded: none will have foreseen it.

When was the last solar eclipse? When did everyone start noticing this "planet/star"?

Doh! (edited for a typo)

[edit on 16-2-2009 by _Mr.X_]

Only a few months ago - if that. I forgot where, but I know it wasn't the US, because I[/] wanted to see it. Where'd that little prophecy come from?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Hi everyone,

I first felt the intelligence in the star a year ago, when it was bright but not as large. I was drawn to put the garbage out late at night for some reason. At the time I was doing a Internet Video talk channel over such subjects, and doing much research, over 3000 you tube videos. I was intensely searching.

One night late at night a few weeks after watching the star for a few hours one night, I came across a video where you can ask for ascension help from the Pleiadians, so for the fun of it I tried to make a telepathic connection never thinking that it would work.

Three nights later my world exploded where in the middle of the night it woke me up in extreme pain, as if I was hit by an energetic sledge hammer. Since that day I hear a constant tone, and feel a warm energy. Possibly I am a star seed, no idea for sure. The first few months is was so intense I was dizzy everywhere I went, and when I went outdoors it was almost unbearable. Even on a few occasions other people hear my tone when with me. And if I walked under a plasma light it flickered, and my head hurt.

Since that day I get like a Spidey sense and know when they are near, or spiritually an important event is close. I am very in touch with the planet energy now, and I would miss being in touch now should it stop. In fact just a minute ago I typed something here about love and it the tone reacts.

People kept telling me it was Venus. I ignored them, I could care less. I feel an intelligence so I kept meditating to the star. I pretended it was a large ship here to anchor us and to protect us from danger. I thanked them daily. I ignored reality. I kept sending love and welcoming messages like James Gilliland suggests.

So over the summer I meditated at night by the ocean under the star. Over time strange things happened as in one night a fireworks type of streamer went across the harbor 300 feet in front of me, horizontal. Then an orange ball zipped across. It was a test of faith, standing there at 2am in the dark by the side of a park in the city, feeling like a fool. But as one person here suggested, I felt the intelligence.

In December I had an experience one night while doing this, where either a small UFO or possibly an spiritual Merkaba passed over me and stopped, 7:30 right downtown in the evening. The sense of protection and love is unreal, there is nothing on this planet like this. I wish everyone could feel it.

The next night I took a person who knows nothing of such things, and they decided they would humor me and ask for ascension and meditate to the star people call Venus. 45 minutes later, a very large ship came in and hovered and then sped off. This was literally at 7:00pm and the ship came right in over supper time traffic. I realized then, people are basically blind to these things. I recorded this series of videos with little editing one hour later.

www.youtube.com...

That was my last occurence of direct contact, however all the sudden I started to in touch with process of photographing the "Circles Of Light" effect that is sent by the Matreya. Everywhere I went I saw them, and when they were close the energies in the tone I hear were very heightened. So I journaled those for people in a video here.

www.youtube.com...

So here is my realizations, take them for what they are worth. I have no need to convince anyone of anything. There is intelligences hidden around this planet, alot of them. They are here for our good, simply accept it. People cannot see the star as it is, or the circles of light unless they are pointed out. They are in effect blind, inside a paradigm. Let them have their perception. You can have ascension for asking. Go see the star, forget reality, and ask for help in your ascension.

I now know how much strength it takes for people to come out of the closet with these things. However, you are worth it.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Well, to the person who said Sirius flickers red when it gets low to the horizon. I have NEVER seen that happen before, but it was Sirius. I was wrong, I apologize, and I stand corrected.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by impaired

Pretty sure we had one in perth (western australia) not to long ago. My parents said i missed it, think i was sleeping or something. But we did have one, but it wasnt a full one.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join