It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange star in the sky

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
What you're seeing is a planet that comes around about every 36,000 years. You'll get a better view of it in about 3 years or so. It'll get a lot closer. The various lights that you see from it, is the atmospheric shield surrounding the planet. Their back to gather more gold for their planetary shields.
How do you think we came to being. We're hybrids. The old stories where true. The first of our kind was able to live for a very long time. That went away after generations of breeding with the indigenous peoples here.
They got tired of the extended stays on this planet, so they engineered us. We where to do their bidding and mine the gold they needed to keep their shields operational.
The South Americans use to have a complete record of the true history of man. It was all destroyed by the Catholic church. They sent the Spanish armada to investigate rumors of these documents which goes against the teachings of the church. Well, you can guess what happened when they discovered the truth. The same thing that happened to the great libraries of Alexandra. Burnt to the ground. Then they took all the gold. Now only two of the four libraries remains. One in Antarctica and the other in Tibet. Those record are written in stone. Why do you think you can't goto Antarctica. The ruins and artifacts there under the ice are very advanced and predates written history. Like finding a Nuclear Reactor under the Pyramids. That sort of information would cause the church to close its doors for good.
Oh well.. Time will tell..

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by PuzzleMaster

You can check out Heavens Above.

You can input your coordinates and track the ISS and all the other satellites as well.

As for the bright object being the ISS? Highly unlikely, it crosses the sky quite quickly and really isn't very bright at all

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I live in Athens and I saw the star a couple of days ago and it was very bright. I thought it was very stange, because there is so much light pollution in Athens and at first I thought it was Venus. It had a clear blue glow so it must have been something else...

Alexandros

[edit on 14-2-2009 by Alexander1111]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by LeoPardus70

Any chance you can provide a link to some of the data about that history? Or have you discovered it through searching numerous documents? Any one in particular stand out?

Rgds

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I think people here are getting Venus confused with what the OP is talking about.Most ATS members are talking about seeing Venus,which is visible for a few hours and goes away around 9pm.But what the OP is talking about ,is a bright object at about 2 am when Venus is long gone.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I just checked with Google Earth and Stellarium, and the bright star I'm seeing is Venus.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by icybluebeing
I think people here are getting Venus confused with what the OP is talking about.Most ATS members are talking about seeing Venus,which is visible for a few hours and goes away around 9pm.But what the OP is talking about ,is a bright object at about 2 am when Venus is long gone.

Sirius is the brightest object at 2am

It also has quite a 'twinkle' to it too

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I know witch star the OP is talking about. I do not know the name of the star but it has been on my mind for quite some time.

It is the biggest star in the sky and even when there aren't any stars visible due to city lighting it is still visible.

I took some pictures of this star a few weeks ago. ( if its the ISS i wonder why i am noticing it just now after all these years. )

This picture was taken a couple ow weeks ago around 6-8 o'clock in the evening somewhere in the northern hemisphere.

This one was taken the next day.

These two shots where taken with a Sony-Ericson K810i. Just goes to show how bright the star is. It was also the only visible star in sky at the time.

I still see this star every day but the moon is not always on top of it.
If any one knows witch star this is, please tell.

[edit on 14-2-2009 by LaLiLuLeLo]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by AllTiedTogether

I've traveled to many different places in the world and have heard some strange and fantastic stories. I doubt you'll find any true South American history in the States. Go to South America and research not only their (true) history, but also their Legends and Lore.
Hope you have the money for this. Because the documents needs to be interpreted by a scholar of their original language. Lets just say it not cheap and it's not in Spanish either. You can't just check this out from the public library.
The Asians are very good at keeping records. They have library's holding records from times dating back before the Pyramids. They wrote most of their knowledge on bamboo or stone to protect them from the environment.
Some of the knowledge is so dangerous to the world as we know it, that it is only being passed on in practice. The Asians still posses knowledge of making gold. In the deep mountains of South East Asia, a group of monks keep this secret alive.
That's where I'm at now. My leads have brought me to Vietnam. I won't be staying long though. The trail continues into the mountains in Thai Land.
When I'm done with this quest, I'll be searching for what's called the Core Passage. That quest will begin in China. I heard of great tubes extending from the water in the middle of a lake in the heart of China. The locals say that they have always been there.

You can read all the books you want. I'd rather not have to deal with disinformation. You know, like the history books and such. That's way I travel. I want to see it for myself. You only live once.
The truth is out there. The truth is not on a bookshelf.
The truth is...I have the CURE for Cancer. I have the CURE for AIDS. I have the CURE for Malaria. I even have the Cure for the Common Cold.
I didn't find it while sitting on the couch reading a book.

Tell you what. I invite you to Vietnam for the cure. Just don't let the Puppet Masters catch you with it. They will kill you. It's not the sort of thing that the Pharma company, the Insurance company, nor the FEDS would like for you to have. This would ruin their little cash flow operation and their efforts in population control.

Bottom line is, as long as you sit in your home, you'll never know the truth.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu
This thread is kind of pointless without a picture. I would guess satellite or weather balloon, however.

Are you serious??! A weather balloon??!!!

Now i've heard it all!

Yeah, a weather balloon, that must be it...hanging motionless...in the same spot....for month upon month...yeah, that must be it.

Blimey...

spikey.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I noticd this as well when driving home a couple of nights ago. I was travelling due West and saw this light/star. Very bright. My first thought was that it was a plane coming in for a landing, but it was still very far out to have its landing light on. When it din't move, then I thought it must be Venus. And that's what I thought it was, until reading this thread. Now I don't know what to think.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2

Sirius in in the western part of the sky.

What time and location?

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Ok, this is what im seeing in the sky...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

More and more of these threads keep popping up, still with no solid explanation..

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merkabah
Ok, this is what im seeing in the sky...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

More and more of these threads keep popping up, still with no solid explanation..

I'll post what I posted there here as well since you are seeing the same thing.

it could be Rigel:

As I've said a few times now get Stellarium and you can find out for yourself what it is.

It's quite easy

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Thankyou for that!!... It looks like Sirius, did Sirius appear a few months ago in our skies?....

Is it a rare event, because its the brightest object ive seen in the 15 years ive been stargazing..

The only problem for me, is that it didnt look that close to Orion.. but im happy with Sirius!

[edit on 14-2-2009 by Merkabah]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Merkabah

Phage explained earlier why it is brighter than normal here.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Tooo bad, you #ing liviing breathing humans, I am just not gonna retype my lost post because of these #s now..

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Sergeant Stiletto

Keep seeing this one too, straight to the west. I keep thinking there has to be more people than me seeing this.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

It's upside down for European observers.

What I posted in my thread was a lot closer to Betelgeuse. You can rule out Rigel for that observation.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by icblue

Heh I just realised that from your other thread.

I stand corrected

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join