It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange star in the sky

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
How about comparing two stories....

Here's a story about the bird flu that has killed some 201 people.
Here's a story about a new messiah expected to show himself by first making a bright star visible.

Here's a story that lets you know that as a result of the bird flu virus that killed more than 201 people, they killed some people while testing a vaccine.

Here's a link that lets you know that it will soon be mandatory to get your bird flu shot.

Here's a link that let you know that a bright object in the sky has been seen and is suspected to be the sign of the new messiah. Look at the picture on this site. Looks like the pics people have been posting as unidentified.

Here's a link to let you know that the new messiah wants you to abondon your current religion on behalf of his word. It will later become mandatory. I've read this elsewhere.

So, with this comparison are the following questions....

Given the details of the above stories, would you get a flu vaccine shot?

Given the details of the above stories, would you believe that an unidentified object that noone can properly identify or confirm using software is in fact a planet? Key words, properly identify, having someone say I've seen that all my life is not good enough for ATS.

Surely people who know that the bird flu virus is man-made and created to kill us is not going to get the vaccine knowing this.

The same thing for anyone that sees this star and has heard the story about it coming and trumpeting in the new messiah. I can't see how anyone could believe that this would be a true sign... This is an utter joke and any ATSr that would fall for that I would have to say is crazy, like the person lining up for the bird flu vaccine....

IMHO

Rgds

[edit on 14-2-2009 by AllTiedTogether]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by AllTiedTogether

From what I understand, this will be the false messiah. These damn Reptillians think they're so smart...
Maybe Project Blue Beam is for real.
Those who don't know what that is, please check it out. A fellow ATS poster informed me of it, but I didn't believe him.

If this DOES happen like the way they are saying, DON'T BELIEVE IT. Please.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

Earth and Mars are a lot farther apart than Venus and Earth. Venus gets about 50% closer to Earth than Mars does. Venus is also much brighter than Earth. The albedo of Earth is .39, Venus is .65, more than 50% more reflective.

Venus is bright right now because she is close to the Earth. Nothing scary, just part of the normal dance the planets do around the sun. Earth and Venus are doing sort of a do-si-do at the moment.

Here you can get an idea of the relative distances:
www.fourmilab.ch...

But it gets a little more complicated because, as Venus gets closer her phase also changes. She gets a bit shy and shows us less and less of her face. Soon, in mid-March she will disappear from the evening sky. She'll be hiding in the glare of the sun for a few weeks but then will start appearing, very bright again, as the morning star before dawn after she passes us by in her orbit.

[edit on 2/14/2009 by Phage]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by AngelInterceptor

Originally posted by aboveus87

Originally posted by AngelInterceptor
Does it look like this?

Picture removed. See picture on page 8 of this thread posted by me.

Wow

Yes, it looks like that one.

I have left both quotes in to highlight a point. The picture that aboveus87 agreed looked like the object they had seen was a picture of Venus taken approximately 3 years ago when it was in conjunction with other planets. (not to be seen in this photograph, but I have others show it quite well.)

It was BRIGHT. It was LARGE. But it was still VENUS.

I'd say that a great many people here need to learn more to understand the solar system and the movement of the planets.

I see your point, but I still don't believe what I've been seeing is venus... why?

Well I said it in my earlier posts. The behavior it had was not that of a planet. A planet doesn't suddenly fades into black, a planet doesn't move around the sky at some unusual speed.

So yeah, the thing I saw was BRIGHT, it was also LARGE and it looked pretty much like the one of that pic. But it this particular case it was not venus, saturn or any star. There's something else up there that looks like them but it's not.

My first thought was that it was a national satellite that was recently launched over here, but after reading people's posts from all over the world saying they've been seeing the same thing, now i have no idea !

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

So shes not the messiah!

She's just a very bright planet

[edit on 14-2-2009 by Chadwickus]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Planet Venus is now Obamus.

Obamus is now Venus. Now tell all.

Obamus.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Here are some photos that people have taken around the world... If you notice that at least one is square, much like someone on this thread described earlier. Source

Now I must again emphasize that these are pictures from a group that has stated that they want to take over the spirituality of the world and replace religion with it. Their maitraya is to be in the lead...

So they are taking credit for the unbelievable bright planet that everyone is seeing.... Can you not see it? It is a plain as the nose out on that plane...

Can't get much simpler than this... They are probably using the same pictures that ATS is using to try to solve the problem... I'm so sorry for you people...

Amazing....

[edit on 14-2-2009 by AllTiedTogether]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Here is a video I recently made. It demonstrates the effects caused by using autofocus and digital zoom on a star, planet, or any other point source of light.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thank you for confirming that others are seeing what is defined as the messiah and that it's not from their site. Just like their shots....

See if we work together we eventually get someone to get the measurements and do the calculations. We're getting closer...

Wow

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   

It's the planet Venus.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I know. You have confirmed that you think its venus and haven't proven it. Much like all the other debunkers.

If its venus then why are people seeing it disappear in a clear sky?

Why is it appearing to change colors to people around the world?

Why are people that have viewed it for years now wondering what it is, because "it ain't venus"?

Why? because the masses have been brainwashed into not putting two and two together to get four....

when someone tells you to duck, do you duck? Or do you get punched in the face?

Rgds

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   

I for one wouldn't buy any explanation that any Government or Play Government like the UN have to say. As for unexplained stars in the sky, I'm more likeley to believe in the realities of Project Blue Beam than any God, Alien, or Messiah. I'd rank such a thing as a big Government hoax, and, you can tell God I said that, since, it is more likely that GOD is just some man (or woman) presiding over the Order of Orders which control and run the World. And I'll bet that they are so powerful that God doesn't even have a need for money and walks unassumingly among you all, and, I'll bet that those GOD Commands and Presides over have no clue who God really is. Hmm. Maybe the UN is full of crap. Maybe all religions and governments are. As to this star. It has already been said, take a photo of it showing relation to known celestial bodies and/ or landmarks. Quit zooming in. And tell where you are, when you see it, and ABOVE ALL where you see it. You are all talking about different stars seen at different times in different places, and no, it has not been the "CHristmas" star. People have been saying on here they have seen their star at different months over different years. Hell I myself have seen Sun Dogs, but, that doesn't mean that a new Sun appeared out of nowhere. Be specific or suffer the ignorance of vaguery.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by PhyberDragon

Your right... it is part of project BlueBeam. In the write up of BlueBeam in the 70s it was described in detail with references to the new messiah using it as his precursor to coming. I mean you can't get much easier than that.

I'm not saying I believe this is a star, a hologram, a planet, a spaceship, a satellite with a flashlight shining down, etc....

I just want people to understand that they forecast this and now people around the world are going to say that a new messiah is coming that will usher in peace. Believing this because we all saw the sign that this new messiah told you to look for.

This is what needs to be thought about here. We all are now seeing a sign of what is to come. I just hope that the responses that I've seen here are not an indication of the unbelievable stubbornness to believe facts that are plain as day. If this is the fact then the planet is doomed.

My hope is that the majority of responders have been assigned to patrol these threads looking for common sense and trying to dismiss it.

High hopes on ATS by the way it looks.

Rgds

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Well, here's a solution to the question. Refer to a good starmap for your area. Here's a link, go check it out and tell us what star you are referring to.

www.heavens-above.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by foremanator
What do you guys make of all this "chatter" on the net about a strange bright star in the sky?
I have observed it myself at night. Its very bright and unmistakable. I checked selarium and it does seem to be venus as best as I can tell.
However if I am not mistaken, Planets are not supposed to twinkle or change colour. And this one does.
Feedback would be appreciated

I have looked up into the sky myself, and the brightest object I am currently witnessing (In the Northern Hemisphere) is Venus. It is extremely bright right now, and amazingly clear.

However, there is a Comet making a pass this time of year. It is called "Comet Lulin", and it is currently visible near the Virgo Constellation. It has a current Magnitude of around +6 (About as Bright as The Planet Uranus), while Venus, in Comparison, currently has a Brilliancy of Magnitude -4.8 . (The Lower the Number on the Scale, the Brighter the Object. The Sun is typically at a Magnitude of -26, and a Full Moon is generally around a Magnitude of -13).

Here is Comet Lulin:

Here is an Astronomical Magnitude Scale, maybe you can figure out how bright the current object you are witnessing is, through a comparative analysis of this graph:

Now as far as Twinkling goes, yes, if there is enough of an Atmospheric disturbance Planets can in fact "Twinkle". Go grab a Pair of Binoculars, and take a closer look at the object. Usually with Magnification, any Color Shifts and/or Twinkling will dissipate, thus leaving the True Colors and State of the Object visible to your eyes. Sirius (Of the Canis Major Constellation, and typically portrayed as the Central Chest Position or Nose of the Dog), just to the Lower Left of Orion (The Star dubbed "Saiph"), is typically a major Culprit in terms of Color Shifts, Twinkling, and Unidentified Aerial Object Reports. It can in fact resemble a Stationary Airplane, ESPECIALLY when viewed below 35 Degrees ALT.

[edit on 2-14-2009 by TheAgentNineteen]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
It is somewhat comforting to see at least some members are swithed on. What you are seeing is Venus. Venus has always been and will always be the brightest object in the night sky. This is why it is always mistaken for as a UFO. It is at it brightest just before sunrise or just after sunset and this is why it is refered to as the Morning Star or Evening Star. Its as simple as that. Can we please stem the flow of ignorance now? Its most embarrassing for ATS.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Seems that Venus really is unusually bright right now:

Doorstep Astronomy: Spot 5 Planets

By Joe Rao
SPACE.com Skywatching Columnist
posted: 13 February 2009

This month you'll have an opportunity to see all five naked-eye planets – but not all at once. Two of them are evening objects, while the other three are clustered together low in the east-southeast sky deep in the dawn twilight.

The planets move around in our sky and become brighter and dimmer over time depending on where they are in their orbits around the sun. Uranus, Neptune and Pluto are never visible to the naked eye.

Here's what you can look for:

The Evening Lantern

If you ever wanted to see a planet so bright it will take your breath away, this is your week and Venus is the planet. It hangs lantern-like, high in the west as darkness falls. It's so bright now that you should have little trouble finding it even before sunset in a clean, deep blue sky – which is also a good time to look at its dramatic crescent shape in a telescope.

As dusk starts to fade, this unrivaled heavenly lamp can scarcely be missed -- you won't need a map. Venus sets more than 3 hours after the sun.

Venus is now at the pinnacle of brilliancy for this current evening apparition. Viewed through a telescope in the coming weeks, its crescent grows larger but thinner as the planet approaches the Earth in the celestial scheme of things and shows us more of its night side. By month's end Venus is similar in apparent size to Jupiter – but less than one-quarter of it is lit.

Gray markings in the planet's cloud cover remain quite subtle. Look around sunset, when the sky is brighter and Venus's crescent is less dazzling than it becomes after dark. Also, watch for signs of the mysterious ashen light – a still unexplained illumination that some observers have occasionally noticed in parts of Venus's night side.

On the evening of Feb. 27 the Americas will be greeted with one of the most spectacular Venus-crescent moon conjunctions possible. The pairing will persist from before sunset into the depths of darkness. Venus will sit about 1.5-degrees above and to the right of the three-day old crescent. Be sure not to miss this!

www.space.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Well, the clouds are still overhead, so I can't get a video of it tonight. I will try again tomorrow though.

I think it bears saying in this thread, that our entire solar system is undergoing global warming and climate change. On top of this, Venus' auroral brightness has increased by 2500% over the past 30 years. This is why I believe it is Venus. I'll reserve my final judgement until I am able to compile my own evidence, as it seems everyone here has a wide variety of answers to what this anomaly in the sky might be.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by foremanator

I have spoken to many of my close friends on this subject and a few people who I do not consider very close but they are very knowledgeable anyway. What seems to be to most popular answer from both sides is that what we are seeing is the space station. While this seems to be very possible, mostly because the space station is only a couple hundred miles above us, I wouldn't place all my bets on that explanation just yet. And IMO, I really do not think that such an explanation is plausible because of the amount of light that is emitted by this object. Granted, a space station will reflect a fair amount of sunlight back towards us, but as I have observed this object in the sky many times myself I cant really commit to the whole "man made" idea as some others have.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join