It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange star in the sky

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I've been watching the "bright light" for at least 2 months here in west central Ohio. The light is located in the west/southwest sky. My first thought was Venus but Venus was visible further to the south. Also wondered about satellites, or space station but the oject appears nearly stationary. When the 2 satellites collided a couple of days ago, I expected the "bright light" to be gone, but it's still there. Some times the light has a greenish cast, but usually it is yellow/white. Any one have any info about the approaching "green asteroid"?

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRealDonPedros

Since you have good equipment to gaze at stars, have you actually ever seen a satellite?
Are you in the US?
Thanks.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Merkabah

Venus will "disappear" from the evening sky in mid-March. It will reappear 2 or 3 weeks later in the eastern pre-dawn sky.

Sirius will be visible, setting earlier and earlier, until the summer.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
You guys have mixed it all up.

There's the biggest luminous star in the sky which is Sirius and there's the big pulsating star/planet/object which pulsates/flickers into different colors non stop and which was spotted by most gazers some 3 months ago.

Here's a zoomed in video of this pulsating object:

www.youtube.com...
[edit on 14-2-2009 by bignick]

[edit on 14-2-2009 by bignick]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
If you see something twinkling like a star, then it probably IS a star. The distance of the object is what causes that twinkling (and how much light passes through our atmosphere, and the fact that stars create light versus reflects it, among other things).

So.. if you ARE seeing something twinkling quite a bit, you are probably looking at Sirius, Canopus, or some other bright star. It's likely not within our solar system, unless you are thinking that the Nibiruians are very fond of Christmas tree lights on a global scale.

Some of those youtube videos are indeed, showing Venus.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

Scintillation (twinkling) has nothing to do with the distance of the light source or whether the light is reflected or not. It has to do with the relative size of the light source.

If the source of the light is smaller that the size of the "bubbles" that make up atmospheric disturbances, it will be affected. If it is larger it will not. The size of the bubbles varies with different conditions. At some times they are larger than others. The moon is much larger than any disturbances so will never twinkle. A star is a point source of light so will usually show some twinkling. The relative size of Venus is larger than a star so will not always twinkle but under some conditions it will.

The brighter the light is, the more the twinkle will be noticeable. Twinkling can include changes in color and brightness. It can also cause the appearance of motion.

[edit on 2/14/2009 by Phage]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Hello I live in Dominican Republic and I've seen this star in the sky, I asked my sister what could have been that strange bright blue star in the sky and she told me it was perhaps the International Space Station, I really don't know but as some of the posters have said I've been feeling a strange and creepy "presence" while looking at it, I don't own a telescope and I'm downloading stellarium right now.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Hi There

I think people might be talking about 2 different stars here both of which are very visible from high ground in Greater Manchester, UK.

One of the stars is extremely large bright white looking star, supernova looking!

The 2nd is very odd indeed, smaller and changing colour red, blue, white etc from what I can see.

If people want I can take some photos!

HarrY

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
for some reason i always seem to see the "star" on my way to the local ATC. as the time goes on the star seems to fade and then gets brighter.
will this info help?

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I have been watching an incredibly bright star for the past few weeks here in the UK. The star had such a 'presence' it inspired me to Google for more info which led me here.

After advice from previous posts i downloaded Stellarium, got out my compass and set to work.

I was disappointed but not surprised to find out I had been looking at Venus.

I have never seen Venus this incredibly bright before, but there you go.

Maybe other people have been seeing something different, but the incredible celestial body that has had me captivated is definitely Venus.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I'm not saying that what I'm seeing here (NC) isn't Venus.
What I have been seeing here is west-northwest in the sky right after sunset.
What I am saying that is if it is Venus, its the brightest I've ever seen Venus in my 40 some odd years of looking up into the night sky.
Since I'm sure pollution isn't lessening, why is it so much brighter?
Are we closer than usual?

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

treated to a dazzling display in the western sky in the hour or two after sunset that is both magnificent and instructive at once: Please welcome our nearest and dearest heavenly neighbor, Venus, planet of love.

Though usually relegated to something of a solar/lunar supporting role among the non-technically oriented star gazers among us, our other nearby planetary neighbors — the other seven official planets (sorry, Pluto) right here in the solar system — occasionally take center stage due to various orbital alignments and solar angles.

Because its orbit is physically closer to the sun than the Earth’s — and thus closer to the light source — Venus ultimately appears brighter than any of the other visible-to-the-naked-eye planets ever can (Mars, Jupiter and Saturn are all farther from the sun than the Earth and thus reflect a weaker sunlight while closest-to-the-sun Mercury is much smaller and often washes out in the sun’s nearby glare) and for the next six weeks will continue to shine brightly while anchoring the post-sunset western sky.

It will be near the crescent moon on Jan. 29 and will remain a bright nightly visitor through a second, even more spectacular conjunction with the moon on Feb. 27. The planet of love will also be appropriately quite brilliant the evening of Valentine’s Day and really takes on quite a “planetary” profile through a common pair of binoculars.

www.aspentimes.com...&title=In%20the%20Sky:%20The%20planet%20of%20love

Maybe, maybe not.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
This whole thing cracks me up!

Many of us mere mortals have watched the sky for a good portion of our lives.

Suddenly many are seeing something "different", all the whilst the "experts" are making sure we feel silly an uneducated all screaming in unison..........

"IT IS VENUS"

hahaha

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

So what do you think it is?

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by foremanator

So what do you think it is?

OH! You got me! What do mere little mortal secluded me think it is?????

I think it has something to do with the total control of mankind!

I have always been interested in the space program, weaponary you know, and it was swept under the rug.

But did it go away???

There is another possibility or two, it could be a system of life infringing on our known reality for one of many reasons.

Fact is...............I don't know,................As same with most of you.

What I do know, is that it is not regular and has got my attention.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Total control of mankind? He denies this and say He will come in Peace.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
ITS NIBIRUUU

ok its not... ah well venus it is then

----------------------------------------

The International Year of Astronomy is in full swing, reason enough to resurrect that garage-entombed telescope.

In 1606, just 400 years ago, Galileo was the first person to point his "optik tube" at the sky in a systematic, scientific way. In doing so, he changed the universe for everyone.

In the coming months, you'll be able to experience with binoculars or a small telescope some of Galileo's groundbreaking work and replicate some of the discoveries that inspired the IYA celebration.

For example, his discovery of the phases of Venus provided the first real evidence for the radical notion that the sun -- and not Earth -- was at the center of things.

Look west during deep evening twilight. Venus is the brightest object in the nighttime sky besides the moon. Its blazingly white brilliance makes it easy to see why our ancient forebears thought that the planet was the goddess of love and beauty.

NAILED WELL AND TRUELY

www.columbusdispatch.com...

ENJOY

[edit on 14-2-2009 by theresult]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

I don't really have good equipment, its a really budget 3 inch reflector scope. I haven't tried to see any satellites due to the difficulty of even keeping them in the eyepiece if I do get lucky enough to see one.

Saturn & Venus both just zip right through the eyepiece, leaving you maybe 10 seconds to get a good look as it comes in and flies out of view.

Some of the more advanced guys in here probably have there telescope on some kind of motorized setup that you can program the flight pattern of star,planets and satellites into That way you wont have to be cranking it by hand, manually chasing lights.

------------------

Hey interestedalways... I've got a joke for you. (since you find the truth so funny)

Whats super bright, in the west and interests (always) you so much you wont even fire up Stellarium or head over to wikipedia to research on your own???????

ITS VENUS.

-----

Its not just the "so called" experts/amateurs here that are saying its Venus, observatories across the world are getting calls from people that are too lazy to look something up themselves and assume its "Something New".
Are you like the guy that said hes been stargazing for 30 years and says this new light is even brighter than Polaris. Another "experienced" stargazer mistaking Polaris for Sirius his whole life.

---------------------

ITS VENUS.

PEace

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Great!

Everyone seems to know what it is....

phage last night told me it was venus... no question....
now its venus or jupiter....

maybe its a weather balloon like someone said, maybe this person has a connection in the military.

I find it truly amazing that all the people that told me I'm delusional about my theory, are the ones that are spouting off that they should get this program or that and prove it their selves. Even the so-called astronomy buffs that watch the skies tell me its a heavenly body according to this or that program, yet they are unable to come up with anything concrete.

If you say that the object you are viewing is venus and then tell someone they are looking at the same object and they tell you that it can't be venus from their coordinates, that would sort of knock that possibility out of there.

Does this tell you something people? Could it be saying that the body that we are watching the sky is not far from our atmosphere and that because of the proximity it is not fitting within angles that would be expected to fit within your programmed proof?

I know that UFOs have yet to be proven concretely on ATS but we have the new messiah in his own words telling the people of earth that he will show a sign in the sky, much like the sign of jesus birth. And didn't someone say recently that the procession happened last night, lining up the "three wise men" or Orions belt, which happened 2000 years ago, again during the supposed birth of jesus.... I know all coincidence isn't it.....
The Age of Aquarius, "when the moon is in the seventh house and jupiter aligns with mars, then peace will guide the planets..." Did it happen last night??? Will we see maitraya on TV within the next week like he said he'd do after this sighting?

I mean everyone that told me I am off base have yet to prove anything close that would substantiate a celestial body...

Most of the so-called back door astronomers have yet to provide anything in the way of coordinates. These people seem to be the most vocal group that are on the four or five threads spouting that this is definitely a planet. It is undeniably venus.... no mars... no jupiter.... why do we listen to these so called knowledgeable people? I don't.... unless they have proof...

These are usually the first people that always ask for proof too.... what is going on, is ATS the debunking sight for all conspiracies. Seems to me a conspiracy site would have less people that are unable to see what's in front of them. When I first started frequenting ATS I wasn't aware of the massive groups of disbelievers. Now this is getting ridiculous...

I wonder what happens when the hologram of the new messiah is displayed for all to see. From experience on ATS I'm forecasting that some people will argue that its not a hologram and that it's a trick of the eyes. Or they'll say it must be the real messiah to take over for jesus and buddha, because CNN told us they don't have the ability to create holograms that realistic. CNNs comment is just another coincidence...

Mass media NLP at its finest....

I must seriously consider what I'm doing on this so-called conspiracy board, doesn't make sense.

I thought the Bell Curve was quite different on ATS...

***EDITED for decorum.... apologies to those I may have offended...

[edit on 14-2-2009 by AllTiedTogether]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
This might sound sick, but its from the heart.
Something is Profound is going to happen. Its going to change our way of being.
Look around. Where are we going? we have no purpose or goal, we spend our life's trying to get as much money and stuff as we can before we die.
Money is nothing more than an expression of your ego.
I believe we are about to be reminded of what really matters. One another.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join