It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

new and possibly the best ghost footage on film

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Wow that is really awsome. I do not see how that could be a fake. Really cool, just glad I don't have one in my house.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I definitely don't think the shadow is from someone holding a flashlight and walking in front of it behind the camera. Mostly because that shadow is about as tall if not taller than the kid. Secondly we would see the kids shadow reflected as well. The kids reaction is curious as well, it had a genuine fear sound to it but he could just be a good actor. We also have to consider the person behind the camera is a school boy probably age 8-12, to what point would he have to fake this? I used to run around with the video camera like that when I was a kid documenting random stuff.
Of course it could be an older sibling and/or parent helping him with the hoax. The one thing that is most interesting is how the shadow does not angle off and keeps its form, when it goes across the the room, if it was a flashlight generated shadow it would angle and not keep it's form when it goes across the open room. I went back because I originally thought it did... but I looked more closely and found that it doesn't.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
LOL, THE SUN,

that kinda debunks it =[.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
It is obviously fake, a 12 year old with a piece of wire could pull that off, oh wait one just did.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

This is exactly what I was thinking! I watched the video so many times, the shadow gets bigger through the door way, because it's farther back and almost leans, which would mean someone is standing behind him shining a light and it's most likely his own shadow! also, there is a blurry reflection of light in the upper right corner of his screen that comes into view and stays there until the shadow is out of view, it looks like a flashlight shining from behind which is hitting his screen, damn! no ghost, oh well I have one here to entertain me at times

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DiggDugg

I cannot believe this has got so many flags & stars.

Are you all blind?

Its so obviously fake or is this a new star rating for best fake video?

Is it an auditions thread for youve been framed?

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Holy Hell! WHy are people so stupid as to not look carefully at the footage,

THIS IS CLEARLY A FAKE, SIMPLE AS THAT!

All the person is doing is turning around at the top of the stairs and then he slides a sheet of acetate (the kind used in overhead projectors) in front of the camera with an artefact on it, like a burn or smudge. This can even be done with perspex, glass etc with a smudge on it. Acetate would be the best bet because it has very low light reflective proprties.

Just watch the video carefully and you will see the sheet of perspex being moved across the camera's field of view, and also see the ceiling light being reflected at the same time. If I could be assed, I'd open up adobe and use a filler matt filter and prove this to you all but it's not worth the time. Just use your eyes for gods sake.

As a side note... If I seen this kid who faked this on the street, I'd beat him within an inch of his life, then you'd hear a genuine scared voice. People like this just muddy the waters. Idiots.

Plase mark this as fake and close!

[edit on 12-2-2009 by reeveer202]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by reeveer202

Beating kids?

Blowing flames in anger?

Uhuh....

Maybe you need to find another cause to fight for?

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by reeveer202

All the person is doing is turning around at the top of the stairs and then he slides a sheet of acetate (the kind used in overhead projectors) in front of the camera with an artefact on it, like a burn or smudge. This can even be done with perspex, glass etc with a smudge on it. Acetate would be the best bet because it has very low light reflective proprties.

Thanks for pointing that out, I was looking at it again and noticed when the ghost appeared, the field of view was getting a plastic refraction over the lens.

I wasn't sure what it was but you are right, there is clearly a plastic moving in front of the lens with the artifact appearing as a ghost.

A closer look will clear show that effect is at work.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by reeveer202
Holy Hell! WHy are people so stupid as to not look carefully at the footage,

Just watch the video carefully and you will see the sheet of perspex being moved across the camera's field of view, and also see the ceiling light being reflected at the same time. If I could be assed, I'd open up adobe and use a filler matt filter and prove this to you all but it's not worth the time. Just use your eyes for gods sake.

As a side note... If I seen this kid who faked this on the street, I'd beat him within an inch of his life, then you'd hear a genuine scared voice. People like this just muddy the waters. Idiots.

Plase mark this as fake and close!

That has to be one of the most ignorant posts I've ever read here, you start off by calling everyone stupid, because we don't see what you see? then threaten to beat the kid senseless? because you think or know it's a fake?

You need to rethink your strategy there, nobody has proven real or fake, you try and tell everyone you know exactly how it was done, because of your keen eye, then tell us you cant be assed? (arsed) or bothered to bring up your software to show us all how it was done?

Why make the comment then brush it aside like that? I thought ATS was about sharing and helping others discover the truth? why are you here? if you think you have proof then show us, you are obviously an expert, unlike myself and many thousands of others on this forum.

So how about showing us what your talking about, instead of insulting everyone, and threatening to hurt a child.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
bottom line is you can over analyse ANYTHING

i can have a clear as day pic of me on a bike

and then you can go `oh well he isnt really on the bike because if you look from this angle one of his feet isnt properly on` or`why is the bike in that direction` etc etc

i could even show you a picture of a bird in the sky and somebody could tell me `its not really in the sky the background is photoshoped etc etc`

bottom line is
you can over analyse and be skeptical about anything does that mean because you are skeptical or you assume you have an alternative explanation for it that you are right and everyone else is wrong?

[edit on 12-2-2009 by eufoseekere]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Why don't we have competition threads - who ever gets the answer correct gets some ATS points (Lord knows I need em. One little rant... but I digress).

Call the thread:
"Fake or Not Fake?"

You could register in the competition, and whoever wins at the end of the year gets an "I'm a fake-spotting genius" badge or something similar.

Thoughts? And perhaps I should have put this in another thread...oh well.

[edit on 12/2/2009 by MR1159]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by cropmuncher

Originally posted by skeptic_al
reply to post by eufoseekere

It came days after his nine-year-old sister complained that someone was
mysteriously finishing her jigsaws at night.

You're right, no human being would finish a Jigsaw like this.

And there is no way someone could fake a shadow moving across a wall.

I'll star and flag this one.

theres loads of ways someone could fake a shadow, like someone said earlier there is a sheet a perspex or glass being used.

God some of you are so gullable.

Next time I'll include the words "WARNING, Content includes sarcasm"

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by eufoseekere
bottom line is
you can over analyse and be skeptical about anything does that mean because you are skeptical or you assume you have an alternative explanation for it that you are right and everyone else is wrong?

Personally, I believe in ghosts and that we can capture ethereal ghostlike energy on film, albeit rarely. Mostly orbs and other apparitions.

That said, in this example at the point the ghost enters the scene, a plastic of some type clearly comes across the lens moving the ghost smudge across with it.

Watch it closely a few times looking for that effect, it's very clear. The light reflecting from behind it is also evident.

We have to call it for what it is... a [HOAX]... but that will be the moderators descision in the end.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   

That has to be one of the most ignorant posts I've ever read here, you start off by calling everyone stupid, because we don't see what you see? then threaten to beat the kid senseless? because you think or know it's a fake?

You need to rethink your strategy there, nobody has proven real or fake, you try and tell everyone you know exactly how it was done, because of your keen eye, then tell us you cant be assed? (arsed) or bothered to bring up your software to show us all how it was done?

Why make the comment then brush it aside like that? I thought ATS was about sharing and helping others discover the truth? why are you here? if you think you have proof then show us, you are obviously an expert, unlike myself and many thousands of others on this forum.

So how about showing us what your talking about, instead of insulting everyone, and threatening to hurt a child.

First off, I am not assaulting anyone here. I said why are people so stupid for believing stuff like this without even giving it a little lookover. I didn't supply anything to support what I said simply because it wasn't needed. Anyone who cares to look carefully can clearly see what is being done on this vid. And yes, I KNOW it's a fake.

Here is the proof that you wanted.

Picture 1, around 3 seconds into the video.....

In this image you can CLEARLY see the light from the ceiling bulb above the cameraman being reflected downward onto the plastic sheet and then 'appearing to be' on the starcase wall.

Picture 1 AGAIN, this time with defined adges, to clarify....

" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

The edges show that the light is not "soft" and is hard, concluding that it is close to the camera and is not actually a light source on the wall. Why would there be a hard lightsource reflecting off the staircase wall and then TRACKING the camera movement?

Picture 2, around 14 seconds into the video....

Once again, the same "hard" light source appearing to track the camera's field of view from right to left. Same as above... reflection from light above the camera onto the piece of plastic in-front of the camera.

Picture 2, AGAIN with defined adges to show it is a HARD light source....

Ohhhh, wait... maybe it's ball lightning?

People didn't need any of this to see that it was fake, that is why I am so bewildered as to how people can gasp and say "wow, a real ghostie!". The real avidence is the actual plastic sheet being slid across the camera's field of view. Plain as day to see... if you just look!

I just hope people can see it for what it is now.... a REAL.... FAKE.

Or maybe I am completely wrong and you should call the Ghostbusters!

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by reeveer202

Good post!

Should've done that first time around.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Im a magician and i know this as a fact a very easy and obtainable trcik that can cause tis affect its rather sad to see this on news paper site and i hope it really fooled you people any ways as a magician i will reveal this trick because im sure no one will care :
The trick is called ghost vision by andrew mayne, i will not reveal it but you can find it online good luck and please pst this as HOAX

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic_al

Yeah, sorry bout that fella, i did wonder after i had posted it with your user name an all, it was the star & flag bit that threw me.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
This type of thing has been videotaped before.. In much more controlled conditions. These are some of my favorites..

-ChriS

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join