page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+7 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
source:
www.thesun.co.uk...

Terrified Reece Pitman, 12, heard whistling — and used his mobile to film the shadowy being.

It came days after his nine-year-old sister complained that someone was mysteriously finishing her jigsaws at night.

it has the video there too
what do you think

[edit on 12-2-2009 by eufoseekere]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Great video.... the kids reaction is priceless! oh my god!

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
It looks like a shadow man. It's a great capture if it's real. I've seen a couple of shadow men before but the onese I saw were well defined. That kid sure sounds scared.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
shame its from the sun,
they are a 30 pence newspaper and do publish a lot of b****ks but this like occasionaly some of the stuff looks good

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Crazy Footage!!!!

Look forward to hearing what the image experts say but at the minute I think that this video shows some compelling evidence. Kinda looks like the 3 shadow people I have seenbeside my bed. (Not that I'd tell too many people that for fear of getting locked up :lol

Star and Flag OP!

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
that is some crazy footage you have found. Good work Holmes.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Woah! Spooky stuff! Thats possibly the best ghost footage I have ever seen!

I really feel for that kid and his sister...can't imagine what it must be like having to live in that place/

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
fascinating stuff, but sadly, it seems staged to me . . .

At first i thought it might be a dangling light fixture. When dangling lights sway back and forth they create shadows in the room because of the angles.

But the second time i watched it i noticed a bright light which appears to be from a flashlight being beamed on the right side of the doorway. The "Flashlight light" also appears to change position slightly to the right as the "shadow" passes by, which tells me it might be a non fixed light source.

The shadow also increases in size when it passes by the open doorway. Normal shadows act this way.

I'm going to conclude that the kid probably had his sister walk in front of him underneath the camera while he pointed the flashlight with his left hand from his waist at around a 20 degree angle upwards.

i am however interested in seeing the unedited/longer version of this video .

[edit on 2/12/2009 by JPhish]

sty

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
could it be an object that travels very close to the light source? life.. a fly?

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
If you look at the moment before the shadow appears, it seems as if a sheet of glass has been lifted in front of the lens (you see a strange aberration in the light).

This creates a reflective surface upon which the "ghostly figure" of a person behind the camera may be reflected.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
This is a great video. Most interesting one on this thread for ages. We seem to be drying up on videos

Im going to flag this thread i think the more exposure it gets the closer we can get to establishing if its a hoax or not

To add my own opinion, i think a shadow vid would be easy to make, but i looked closely at it and it seems to be fuller than a shadow, i can almost see an entire human shape. So i guess im on the fence. Wanna believe its true but ill wait to see what we can find out about it

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
More than likely a shadow being generated behind the camera.
Like if someone opens and closes a door.
Because you see some reflection before the darker shadow comes.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Well it is from the sun and I was going to say, Its the sun so there is no way its real. But that kids reaction seemed so genuine.

You could really hear the fear in his voice.

I dont know. The apparation Could be faked fairly easy but that kids reaction.... I mean yeah it could be a fake reaction but it just rings of reality.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I think it's probably fake but It is the most convincing footage I've seen on this site yet haven't thought of an explanation as yet although of course it could just be a shadow.

I'll have to watch it again a few times and see if anything comes to me.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by eufoseekere
source:
www.thesun.co.uk...

Terrified Reece Pitman, 12, heard whistling — and used his mobile to film the shadowy being.

It came days after his nine-year-old sister complained that someone was mysteriously finishing her jigsaws at night.

it has the video there too
what do you think

It's a fake. IMO.

If you pause it right you can see the edge of a sheet of glass/perspex as the camera turns at the top of the stairs, then you can see the reflection of the light above as the glass/perspex is moved away from the lens.

It's a transparent sheet of either glass or plastic with a smoke pattern on it.

The Human reaction cannot be used as evidence of anything. You have to have physical proof, not an assessment of emotive response (which is open to translation), as evidence for anything.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by eufoseekere

OH MY GOD is right!

It falls...holy crap it falls! After it gets past the banister it starts falling just as if it had walked off the landing and the banister wasn't there. Is this a replay of some one's death?

holy moly.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

My thoughts exactly!!

Faked or not thats a pretty chilling piece of footage. Im open minded enough to think that this may be genuine however! It does appear that the 'apparition' seems to fall off just as it reaches the banister. If it is faked then its a pretty good one

If only it wasnt the Sun publishing the story - it'd have a lot more cred if it had come out of a more reputable newspaper - that said, who are the real reputable newspapers??

S&F

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
am i the only one who doesnt find it scary
i mean granted if i was in a dark room and opened my eyes to see a figure hovering above me, thatd be a bit daunting, but its just a light and a shadow..

ghosts (if they are real) are just clearly some form of energy which only makes itself visible from time to time, either for a reason or as some sort of message, or through self pity (reliving their death)

just my three cents

any takes?

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by eufoseekere

It came days after his nine-year-old sister complained that someone was
mysteriously finishing her jigsaws at night.

You're right, no human being would finish a Jigsaw like this.

And there is no way someone could fake a shadow moving across a wall.

I'll star and flag this one.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Impressive vid!

One bit seems a bit odd - but then, I've not seen loads of 'ghost' videos.

Just as the 'shadow' gets to the right side of the frame and the boy obviously starts to react, he moves and the mobile phone camera moves with him and the 'left' side of the shadow seems to 'move' with the right side of the frame.

That could be down to just the video algorithm of the camera in the phone. Just seemed a bit odd.

I'm not saying it's CGI/fake/hoax -- perhaps it's something else that is easily explainable

Still, very cool. Would like to see some proper analysis done on the video, etc.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join