It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Overwhelming sense of doom today, Feb. 10,2009

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
To the OP: please see a psychiatrist. The "doom" you feel is a major symptom of depression. You may also want to see a therapist. Really. Please.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by tasteslikethunder
reply to post by Nirgal

Well you can dig up all the "evidence" you want to prove your point. The fact for me remains that i always feel the weight of the moon long before i realize it's actually full. I feel strange, i notice people acting strange, and i look up and oh- there she is.If you cut me open would you find eveidence of that? Probably not. But then again how many emotions or thoughts would you find? This thing moves the oceans. you dont think it can move us?

cheers.

This thing that moves oceans does so approximately every 12 hours and 25 minutes. I am compelled to move much more frequently than than.

The "weight" of the moon does not change during it's cycles of waxing and waning. The effects of its gravitational pull also do not change during the cycles of wax and wane.

Now, if you want to talk to me about feeling the effects of the moon's gravitational pull due to apogee and perigee then I will listen to what you have to say. As I said earlier I held back from outright amusement because up until about 12 months ago I was also convinced that the phases of the moon had a direct affect on our behaviour.

You know what? I can dig up evidence to prove my point because it is evidence and it does prove the point. However, I'm not the sort of person who demands public concession or a U2U. I would just hope you investigate the subject and find out for yourself.

I also acknowledge that this is the Paranormal Studies forum and not Science and Technology or Space Exploration, I just don't think that should be held up as an excuse. We try to establish whether evidence of extra-terrestrial UFOs are legitimate; why should it be any different here?

Quick footnote:
I'm not here to derail the thread, just addressing a specific issue raised.

Normal programming may now resume...

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Nirgal

It has nothing to do with the image. It has to do with magnetics. It affects the ocean tide and studies show that it definitely affects people. I wasn't saying that's what the problem was for sure.... hence the start of my original statement "could be". Could be a whole multitude of things. Could be something as simple as a lack of a certain vitamin who knows. But for you to say a full moon doesn't affect people....well I don't agree with that at all. Just my opinion of course.

[edit on 12-2-2009 by Zeus2573]

[edit on 12-2-2009 by Zeus2573]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012
I can't help but feel something ominous hanging over my head today. I'm sorry I can't name anything specific. The only thing I can say is that I keep hearing what sounds like hundreds or thousands of people screaming. I just keep associating Tuesday,Feb. 10th with something bad every time I see it. I was wondering if anyone else felt this way today, and if they could help sort through this anxiety.

[edit on 10-2-2009 by sickofitall2012]

Now you look silly cause nothing happened

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Nirgal

Nothing seems more futile than someone trying to prove you wrong with scientific evidence when you are at the same time experiencing it for yourself. I respect that this may not be true for you. not everyone recognises the effects of a full moon. thats completely ok. Not everyone understands the joke being told at the party, but that doesnt mean its not funny. I and many many others experience a change in mood and perception and energy anywhere between a good 5 days before and after a full moon. it becomes more intense at its peak- obviously (not necessarily right on the day) and then fades slowly. As i have stated I experience this most months without even realizing that another moon has come around again. I'm generarlly a bit moody and irritable and experiencing the public around me to be a bit "off". thats when i'll check the moon phase and realize its nearing or just been full. So you'll have to forgive me If i dont care how much science you throw at me. Its true.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by tasteslikethunder

Exactly right. This isn't something that can be proved by science.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
*Shakes head and walks off towards the door of The Malthusian Society*

*Knocks Twice*

*Enters*

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I think Shadow breaker might be though, anyway my point is, as shadow breaker so eloquently pointed out, there is always something bad happening somewhere.

So in a way your feeling of doom is correct by default.

Sorry if I came off rude, the situation with the bush fires has been a bit trying.

Dear Person from Western Australia,

Living in So Calif. where we also have deadly fire storms (for those who don't know, a fire storm is literally that, the fire blows horizontally and can't be outrun. It's hot, fast and deadly. Nobody would chose to stay in it's path if they had the chance to get away fast enough.

Aussies rock, by the way. If anybody knocks that magical land I get very defensive. We should throw Shadow what's-his-name in the burning bush, but just long enough to get an apology out of him (or her if they haven't already made up).

Cheers and prayers from California,

Paul

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012
OP, I can only echo HatTrack’s post, see your doctor.

Many people with mild depression don’t realize how common it is. Sufferers are not weird or mental: it’s a physical illness. It happened to me ten years ago, and four people in my office told me they had had it too, only in each case it seemed worse than what I went thru.

You probably won’t want to make the effort, because that is a common symptom, but see your doctor anyway. In the mean time, lay off caffeine and alcohol, because they will make it worse.

Even if you feel better today, and even if it’s nothing, don’t run the risk of it getting worse. I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemies. Look after yourself.

I mean that - look after yourself.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Ravens and Doves

Actually a firestorm is a bushfire or forrest fire which produces and sustains its own wind system. They are extremely turbulent due to outside air being sucked into the fire, creating erratic winds. The reason they travel so quickly is because fire only travels as fast the wind that is guiding it.

Oh, and due to the oil contained in eucalyptus trees here in Australia, the front of the fire can be often more intense that normal forrest fires

[edit on 13/2/2009 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by king9072

That is pretty shallow that you feel the need to point out that from your perspective someone looks silly.

I have seen crazy unexplainable things in my life and alot of those strange happenings began with a intuition. Some people are so afraid that they would be called silly that they dont pay attention to those intuitions or gut feelings....I commend the people that do pay attention, and are also ready to let it all roll off of them if it turns out to be nothing.

I just dont understand why people feel the need to say things like what you said....there is no point, unless it makes you feel better in some way that others can be considered silly.

Half the world would be labeled lunatics if you really knew what goes on in the minds of others. Surely there is more to intuition of a feeling or a gut feeling then just half of the world being crazy.

Why not write....Im glad your feelings turned out to be nothing of concern...I hope all is well with you now.

Be a upper, not a downer.

Peace

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Ravens and Doves

Hi, Ravens and Doves, I remember those fires you had last year, I was keeping an eye on a live feed I found online while it was happening.

It is very scary no matter where you are

[edit on 13-2-2009 by Chadwickus]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by tuppence2

Thank you for the concern. I really am ok. Like I said in one of my earlier posts, I believe it was the strong weather system that came through here that night. I'm very sensitive to atmospheric changes. I wasn't aware of the weather situation till late in the day, that's when I concluded that it was barometric pressure changes. I have to comment on those that think I must feel silly. Well, no I don't. Unfortunately, just north of me, there was an EF4 tornado in Lone Grove, Okla. 9 people are dead, and dozens are still missing. I was NOT making a prediction, I was expressing my feelings and looking for any concordance with others.
Seriously though, thank you, but I have a BS degree and am well in tune with my body and mind, in fact I'm a health nut.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Jester

1/2 mile wide EF4 tornadoes are not that common.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I feel the exact same way. Though not about that date. I just have this feeling that something is gonna happen. And i feel like i must do something. I've been trying to tell people about some of things that are actually happening, but they don't believe me... They might be to ignorant, or they only believe what is told to them by the government. I tried to tell them that unless they go find out for themselves they won't no. We will only know what the government wants us to know. Lol, i know, alot of this is rather random.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

Do I tell you to "settle"? How rude. Do not dare tell me how to feel or what to do.

People who love animals are sensitive people. And I was replying to a fellow Aussie of yours who deplored this talk while people were dying. He actually started the discussion of the Aussie fires versus people who only care about money.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

Cool well, when you are reading the headline of the News and it reads United States is having a civil war please do feel free to drop us a line and let us know how it was because we are insensitive human beings that only care about money and not animals.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join