Overwhelming sense of doom today, Feb. 10,2009

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

There's nothing to it. Of course there will be at least one thing wrong in the world! Hell here in the US we have a broken economy what do you expect? I'm surprised random chance alone at this date didn't even produce some type of terrorist attack the way things are going.

[edit on 11-2-2009 by NativeAmerican]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   

OMG. How is that going to help?! It's madness! Any plan they come up with is going to bury the US for good. This is about as wise as asking thieves to house sit.

Two trillion, eh? On top of everything else, eh? Goodbye, America.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12
I don't think anybody else mentioned this but check out the numbers for the stock market today.

2/10/09 Stock Market

The stock market fell more the 4.6% today on massive disappointment in Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner’s revamped plan to aid troubled banks. Geithner promised up to $2 trillion dollars to help free up credit, but provided few details. Many market participants took the lack of details to indicate that the government doesn’t know how to deal with the crisis.

Concerns over the Treasury plan even overshadowed the passage in the Senate of the Democrats $838 billion economic stimulus plan. The Senate must now work with the House to reconcile their plan with the House’s $819 billion plan.

www.nytimes.com...

[edit on 11-2-2009 by 12.21.12]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I am utterly disgusted. There are people and animals dying in Australia, and you are talking about the stock market.

People like you are the reason I love animals more than people.

And, by the way, what is happening in Australia will affect the world - even you world.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I too hate fear mongering ~ I saw plenty of it on the major news outlets today as the dow slipped past the strange 7900 barrier it had previously not crossed.

However, this thread was started on the predictions board and someone was just stating their feelings and I appreciate them sharing. I have given myself plenty of panic attacks reading for hours on end on ATS but, a lot of that had to do with what I choose to review. Personal responsibility.

I don't recall if the initator of the thread stated exactly where she's from. She could have been picking up on a number of things from the deadly tornado outbreak in OK, the devastating fires the Aussies are dealing with, to perhaps some discord within her own family/friends health or emotions.

I put a lot into intuition but, at the same time it doesn't always have to be to the extream and I don't believe the poster said she felt as if the sky was falling.

I think these uncomfortable feelings will become more common as the tension of the world and the economic situation is almost palapable. To be sure, these are unique times and a lot of people who might not have considered themselves to be sensitive are now picking up on these 'vibes.' It could be our higher selves trying to tough us up for what very well could happen. The only thing to be certain about is change, you might not know to what degree change will happen but, it will happen. The human mind doesn't seem to appreciate change - it's a time when great personal growth can be obtained. You'd be amazed at what you can learn about the depth of yourself.

I also have concern about the negative energy associated with these feelings and that a lot of people will sit and fret and allow it to fester. Compound that with more people sensing, worrying, and focusing on this negativity will send us into a spiral of even greater actual turmoil. Words are powerful - devastation, collapse, crisis, ect. Even the President has used such powerful words in the last week. Let's not create our own reality.

If you are still having a hard time finding the positive in such doomish feelings, then say "so what." So what if the worst happens? We are so spoiled in this era (especially in the US) that should disaster strike in whatever form, it will be a culture shock. But be assured, we will adapt. I very much enjoy my electricity and hot showers but, I can survive without these creature comforts. Take solace in knowing that humans are extreamly resiliant and adaptive. Even if you don't survive whatever might happen, the human race will carry on. For better or worse.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
My feet and ankles were swollen all day.
My knee gave me some fits.....
Far from the worst of times I assure you.
Life is good........enjoy it.

I want a bumper sticker that says
~"I ski way better than I can walk"~

[edit on 11-2-2009 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
All I can say and prepare and don't react how they think you are going to react. If you have a heavy feeling of doom today this is probably the reason, so prepare for it. If these trends continue this feeling of doom may come more apparent, so try to react to the overwhelming sense of doom in a way that does not fear, because fear is the weapon at hand and this is where your spider senses start tingling. Be aware of it.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

Originally posted by spellbound
I am utterly disgusted. There are people and animals dying in Australia, and you are talking about the stock market.

And, by the way, what is happening in Australia will affect the world - even you world.

This global financial crisis could spark a World War overnight.

EDIT: I don't think that it necessarily is going to but the potential for a global meltdown is huge should this matter not be dealt with very carefully.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound

Settle a little, yes people have died here in Australia, but stockmarket drop is going to effect us all, the thread itself was about an un settleing feeling the OP had, it was hijacked a little by the bushfire talk.

People who love animals more than people are actually far more lost than those who care about the stock market I am sorry to say.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Prove it

This is ridiculous. Who has ever told us we are better than the other animals - make no mistake, you are an animal - human beings are animals.

Will the love of money save you? NO.

Probably only loving Jesus will save you - but I could be wrong - I am not a prophet, just a believer.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   

I actually don't really care about money as I have no savings. This is not about me or my "love for money."

This has the potential of making people act like animals as humanity has become so conditioned to having everything handed to them that they will not know how to survive on their own.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   

This is a point that needs addressing, to be sure. The love of money will indeed spark a lot of unfortunate events. We who have no money and no vested interest in saving a system that is failing us all are the ones who might make out alright. Imagine all the strife and suffering that would disappear in a split second were we to suddenly forget about money, if it were removed from our consciousness. Wouldn't quite a lot of stress and anxiety simply vanish? You can make it happen. Disavow money. Try it. Don't use the word nor the concept at all, mentally nor in any other way. Don't become anti-money as that gives it the same power. Become free.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Oh and by the way.

I would choose my family over your pets any day of the week!

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   

You know what to an extent I agree with you. It seems we are just animals as well. Animals, feel, think and so on. At the same time I understand both arguments....but this is getting a bit off track.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Originally posted by CosmicEgg

Imagine all the strife and suffering that would disappear in a split second were we to suddenly forget about money, if it were removed from our consciousness. Wouldn't quite a lot of stress and anxiety simply vanish?

LOL I will be quite relieved when it is no longer me running around like a chicken with my head cut off. I guess there is a silver lining to everything.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   

It's right there in your sig. Create the critical mass to tip things toward a free system of living.

Think about it. Why do we have borders? This is a planet. Why can't we live where we want to live? Why do we have to jump through bureaucratic hoops to visit or live where we want to? Why do we give power to those who oppress our free will? Why do we have to buy land? In a respectful society, we would be free to observe our innate human goodness (that's right, my friends - we really are good) and live respectfully nearby or far from our fellow respectful neighbors. Keep thinking about all the little details in life that would and could be nicer in such a system. You could spend all your time being nice and having nice done to you rather than being on your guard, living in fear of losing something you've gained and feeling regrets... Why live that way? Think about all the ways love can manifest itself. There are probably myriad ways that you would never imagine to occur. Give it a think. It only takes a thought. But that thought will create a small ripple in the consciousness of humanity. Think about it again and think of more ways. Extrapolate. That will lead to still more. More all the time. Eventually your thoughts will affect others' thoughts. Then in time the actions will begin. More thoughts, more action - change. Be the change you want to see happen. It starts with that little ripple of a thought.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

Thats exactly correct. We have to all focus on what we want before it can occur, the trick is having a common goal. I too felt an overwhelming sense of doom today but I didn't let it bother me, I enjoyed every minute of the day. I spent the day thinking about what I want to do with my life, not what could go wrong.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   

That sense of doom was most likely caused by the fear of those who serve the present system. I take a lot of pleasure in that feeling because its demise means that a new and kinder system has the chance to germinate, blossom and flourish - with our conscious effort though! All we have to do is to start imagining the kind of world we can now only dream of: our children can run and play freely and safely gaining experiences of the world around them; our elderly are cared for with love and genuine concern by us because we owe it to them as it will be owed to us in our turn; food, clothing, shelter, health care and everything imaginable available as needed - because we have more than enough for everyone. All of this starts with love. Push it out. Change the polarity. Create it. We really can do it. It starts with the one little thought, the intent for good.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Nothing happened!

Not in the way some feared, anyway...

Bummer.

Well, every day, at least 30 000 children die of starvation and lack of clean water, so I guess the world has been in a great deal of trouble for quite some while now...

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   

I can identify with that! I'm broker than broke, and wondering what will happen. Where I live, few jobs, less money, and no apparent way out..... unless you believe what the politicos say with their spendulus package. Maybe if I had a bank, I could get a bailout too.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join