It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. vs. China

page: 49
<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Sorry,I got the 14 days airforce from a program on Discovery Channel. It was talking about the F-117,i can't find it on the web. And,at least 20 nukes will hit the US west coast,even with the missle defense,and thats without the biological and chemical bombs.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dallas

China v US: Your right its a no win scenario. Perhaps the answer lies between the orders of Pakistan, India and China, three nuclear countries possibly being told about universal regulations by others not from here?
Dallas

If I think I get what you're saying/asking then read "dragonfire" and "third World War" by Humphrey Hawksley

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   
In my honest opinion, there would be a nuclear winter. I know that the UN forbids the use of nuclear weaponry, but if we happen to be at war with China, I have a feeling that it will be uplifted and that there will be a nuclear holocaust.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Hey first time on this thing...

Anyways...I've been reading this for awhile and stopped at page 11 I think. It was interesting to read the heated debate between monicaguy, browha, and mad american guy. Browha knows what he's talking about and he's right that intelligence left the discussion a LONG time ago. I just want to put in my 2 cents.

1.If you guys and american bad boy read the whole thing from page 1-11, american guy just plain looks like a fool. You can see he starts losing it after he starts using personal insults.

2.Patriotic as he is, his grammar sucks. I'm not perfect, but damn he used YOUR instead of YOU'RE (ticks me off that so many americans do this).

3.He underestimates the enemy so badly. If the US military thinks like he does, we're screwed. Some guy left a link of US intelligence saying China's Navy is force to be reckoned with. Wouldn't it suck if our aircraft carriers got destroyed?

4.Recently in the news, Europe and the US asked China to raise it's currency value. Their crap is so cheap people can't compete. Not only that American jobs are getting offshored by the boatloads. Which means more Americans are without jobs and less money for the Army.

5.Both nations depend on each other for money. China sells raw material to the US. What happens in war? They don't trade, China uses the raw material for itself. US buys from other countries on top of paying for the military.

6.I don't know how relevent this will be, but many many chinese live in America. What if they get pissed and start going terrorist? Chinese people here are well off in general. What if they use that money to fund terrorism?

7.If you factor in chinese terrorists(funny idea haha) and a racially divided America(china only has 1 main people, 50% of America is minorities), America will lose.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I believe many underestimate China.I believe The US has a chance to invade China but the occupation would not last for long.China has already indeed prepared for an attack ,its just waiting ofr a reply.

China and the US have had tension for decades.Sure they may seem friendly from the outside,but in reality they grow more and more disliking of eachother.China probably has a plan incase of any invasion.Its ready.

And by the way give China afew more decades and allow her rapid growth to continue and we`ll have a new police nation amongst us besides the US.
Note that China is indeed already a superpower.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackSt33L
And by the way give China afew more decades and allow her rapid growth to continue and we`ll have a new police nation amongst us besides the US.
Note that China is indeed already a superpower.

Hope not, So far China hasnt shown much support for any kind of humanitarian aid even when considering its huge size, it has been taking for example EU aid that has very low loan rate and has multiplied it to its economy, so aid has been succesful in the end.

Its not really clear what is Chinas gender, but time will tell if it become another predator like US who invade weaker countrys with superior force and steal natural resources, so far it has done so by trade, lets hope it lasts.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 01:29 AM
link   
AnotherWay, the United States does not rely on China for its resources. We would never rely on a Communist nation that we've never been on very good terms with for valuable resources unless we could supply them ourself if need be. Also, do not believe China's navy is any force to reckoned with. They have no experience in carrier warfare or submarine warfare. They are growing more powerful, but their navy is no match for the United States navy. People underestimate the Americans too.

As for invading China, anyone would lose, unless maybe you went in there like Japan.

As with regards to fighting off China, I think the U.S. would win.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 02:10 AM
link   
The US couldn't successfully invade China if China's population was 200,000,000. China isn't to far behind in war technologies but in my opinion is superior tactically. In comparison to China the US is a steroid pumping teenager. The US may pack a harder punch but China makes up for it with wisdom and experience. If war ever occurred between these two countries the US would be invaded, not something the US is prepared for. One US soldier certainly does not equal 10 Chinese soldiers. The US would certainly drop nukes. If world war should occur, thanks to Bush though the blame can't be placed entirely on him, America would be outnumbered by other superpowers. A cold war alone with China would do massive damage to the US. China has the capability to attack the US from within, psychological and economically.

If war broke out with China the best the US could hope for would be to take the world down with it, which is a possibility.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Where do you people come up with this crazy stuff? The Chinese DO NOT have more experience, that is my whole point. They've been invaded, yes, but they have no experience with modern aerial warfare or modern naval warfare.

And yes they are behind technologically a good deal, though the gap is closing.

And no, the U.S. owuld not be invaded. An invasion requires a fleet coming across the ocean. China does not have a blue-water navy. They'd need aircraft carriers, which they don't have, and when they do eventually get any, they have no experience operating them in battle.

If they tried to send a fleet across the ocean, it would get bombed back to the stoneage by the U.S. Air Force and U.S. Navy.

And no, the Chinese do not make up with wisdom at all. That is why they were invaded by the West in the first place, because they were so narrow-minded, that they refused to upgrade their military.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   
US is better now but in 20 years from now that situation could be very different. China is advancing faster than the US but for now they are still behind in aircrat naval tech. Infantry and tanks are i think on par.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I in no way think that China would be a cake walk for the US to defeat. However alot of people are simply siding with the underdog and only wanna see things one sided, stating that China is underestimated.
Well........rational thinking would say that the US is underestimated as well.
The US being the world leader for the last many decades....they have been the primary leaders, suppliers, and planners for most major world wide military conflicts for the UN. So how can it be stated that they are not experienced???? Name a major war that China has been in lately where it was the major player.....Does it compare with that of the US??? Most likely not.

Now China's economy is surging faster than that of the US economy, but that doesn't mean that its military completely follows suit. The US still outspends China by nearly 10X and has much more money invested in reasearch on new technology and weaponry than that of China.
As far as resources go, the United states has always had huge unlimited amounts of resources. Now Hitler was a tyrant, but if you ever read any of his books, he stated that he admired the US and thought of them as the real challenge as they had virtually unlimited resources to support their economy. True, losing China as a trading partner would cause ripples in the US economy temporarily, but not long term.

Anyways, like i stated China is a great booming country and i myself admire them and respect them. I in no way think that a war between these two countries would be a piece of cake for either side. My point is to simply state that both countries are underestimated.

Carburetor

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
why would the us and china have a war theres no oil in aids ridden china

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Broadsword20068
Where do you people come up with this crazy stuff? The Chinese DO NOT have more experience, that is my whole point. They've been invaded, yes, but they have no experience with modern aerial warfare or modern naval warfare.

And yes they are behind technologically a good deal, though the gap is closing.

And no, the U.S. owuld not be invaded. An invasion requires a fleet coming across the ocean. China does not have a blue-water navy. They'd need aircraft carriers, which they don't have, and when they do eventually get any, they have no experience operating them in battle.

If they tried to send a fleet across the ocean, it would get bombed back to the stoneage by the U.S. Air Force and U.S. Navy.

And no, the Chinese do not make up with wisdom at all. That is why they were invaded by the West in the first place, because they were so narrow-minded, that they refused to upgrade their military.

The idea is not ``crazy``.And the only narrowminded people in this world are those republicans in the midwest.If we do not seriously look into this,we will be unpresently surprised in the near future.

This site never lies.
jdw.janes.com...

Niether does research in the nation itself for 3years.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Democrats believe me are just as narrow-minded as Republicans in many, many areas.

And to think the U.S. could be invaded is crazy right now, as it is impossible. What you seem to miss the point on is EXPERIENCE. You have to know HOW to operate a carrier in a war situation, HOW to operate submarine in a war situation.

First China must acquire these items for a blue-water navy. They then must learn how to use them. What China at the moment more wants to do is create a navy with enough threatening force to deter the U.S. Navy, so that if in the event the U.S. and China go to conflict over Taiwan, the Chinese would give the U.S. Navy a real challenge theoretically; technically, the U.S. Navy would most likely beat them due to superior training and tactics, and a lot more experience (50+ years naval experience, China 0 years essentially).

So the idea would be to hope that the U.S. public would fear losing their loved ones and thus say, even though the U.S. would win, that it would cost too many lives and thus to he** with it.

apc

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Man this is a really long thread...

I see China as the USA's evil twin... in the classical sense, not implying that the chinese are 'evil' or whatever. They are on the same level but opposite poles as the US.

They have the same technology we (US) do, they have the same knowledge we do. True their primary disadvantage would be lack of experience; however they make up for it in numbers.

And one thing that is disseminated upon their population but not among the people here in the US... nuclear war is hardly the end-all of wars. Take for example a 40megaton blast (china does not have these... russia might, buried in a shed somewhere not even atop a missile)... blast a city... so most of downtown gets vaporized, midtown is rubble, the suburbs, well, if you were indoors taking shelter when the bomb hit you're probably still alive. The saga goes on from there, but you get the idea.

Throw in the reality of a nuke fight: bombs with a yield of 1MT or less (if it were russia we could expect the max inbound to be 180KT). The downtown's of targeted cities would be glowing, sure, but the suburbs would be virtually untouched except by fallout. Nuclear winter? 60's propaganda nonsense.

So what would happen if we went to war with China (an unlikelyhood greater than Bush admitting he's just a puppet)?... we nuke them and make it seem like someone else did it... they dont buy it and nuke us... we nuke the crap out of eachother... and when the dust settles the whole world hates us both for being such morons.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Broadsword20068
Democrats believe me are just as narrow-minded as Republicans in many, many areas.

And to think the U.S. could be invaded is crazy right now, as it is impossible. What you seem to miss the point on is EXPERIENCE. You have to know HOW to operate a carrier in a war situation, HOW to operate submarine in a war situation.

First China must acquire these items for a blue-water navy. They then must learn how to use them. What China at the moment more wants to do is create a navy with enough threatening force to deter the U.S. Navy, so that if in the event the U.S. and China go to conflict over Taiwan, the Chinese would give the U.S. Navy a real challenge theoretically; technically, the U.S. Navy would most likely beat them due to superior training and tactics, and a lot more experience (50+ years naval experience, China 0 years essentially).

So the idea would be to hope that the U.S. public would fear losing their loved ones and thus say, even though the U.S. would win, that it would cost too many lives and thus to he** with it.

Actions speak better than words my friend.And you will learn this in the nearfuture if many refuses this possibility.Not just with China,but many others.

Hate is growing against the US.Right now its just a thorn,but sooner it will be bigger.We still have a chance to change this,but the choice lies in the government,not us.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   

7.If you factor in chinese terrorists(funny idea haha) and a racially divided America(china only has 1 main people, 50% of America is minorities), America will lose.

yeah... 100% of people in china, are han-chinese....

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   
You're all crazy. The United States will never fight China. The Cold War ended without a war between the former Soviet Union and the US because of the "mutually assured destruction" threat. Any conflict between China and the US would be an unconventional war, hence no war at all. I seriously doubt that either side would be willing to wipe the entire world population to settle a political conflict. Any dispute would be waged via economic/political santions, which would favor the more powerful of the two. In any scenerio, either,both, or all nations would fall as a result.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by thejackal
why would the us and china have a war theres no oil in aids ridden china

not everything is realted to oil.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomcat ha
US is better now but in 20 years from now that situation could be very different. China is advancing faster than the US but for now they are still behind in aircrat naval tech. Infantry and tanks are i think on par.

The only way China will be more powerfull then the US in 20 years is if the US stays at an idile...which it never does. There aircraft are decades behind...there army is far to big (bigger isn't always better), there tank is the type 85-II, which is not on par with the American M1A2.

top topics

<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join