Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
Series of questions on this nightmare scenario:
1. Can the U.S. invade China in the first place?
2. Are America's technological and firepower advantages helpful in the long run against 1 billion people?
3. How effective would U.S. airpower be?
4. Is it safe to say every Chinese citizen would fight?
5. Can the U.S. hold up against a modern military supported by guerrilla warfare?
6. Any other thoughts?
I think China is one enemy the U.S. will need a miracle to defeat. I see it sort of as a whole bunch of people lining up against the Chinese coast to
prevent an amphbious assault. An airborne assault is pretty dumb as well. The only advantage America will have is our airpower and sea-launched
missiles, but that won't last forever.
In the end, I think it's a lose-lose situation for the U.S.
Also, does anyone know of any tactics or warplans the U.S. has in store regarding China?
Oh boy, here we go again............
OK, first off - we need to decide if it is a conventional or nuclear war. If it's Nuclear, game over for both countries, but more so for China - so I
guess the US wins that in some sick kind of way.
Now, no nukes is a dif baalgame....
1) Yes, we are able to launch an offensive attack into China. We have the coordination, equipment, funding, ect ect bla bla bla.
2) Yes - even more so. You see, Chineese military philosophy has their 2 million man army broken up into 60 thousand man regiments. Massed,
traditional forces are what the US kills best. If we have a clear target, we can kill it. Thus, they march their 60 thousand man army, and we destroy
it with a few B-2's dropping MOAB bombs (if you don't know what it is, it's a bomb that has a HUGE yield - nicknamed Mother Of All Bombs).
The problem arises when they go to gaurilla warfare - that negates our tech a lot. But as long as they want to fight a war with their army, they die.
You see, we wouldn't send in our army at first. Remeber 'Shock & Awe' - imagine that for months. We would destroy all their infrastructure, their
food supply, weapons factories, comunications - everything. All well before the first American Stept foot on the soil (excluding Spec Ops).
As far as the long run, once they turned to hit and run/non conventional war we loose some of our advantage. But keep this in mind: If we are going
over to China, we are byond playing footsy with the UN/international community. At this point, we are preatty much killing first, asking questions
later - so I doubt you would see what is going on in Iraq - ie the US sitting outside a city trying to talk it over. If their was a riot, we'd send
in C-130's and strike aircraft and just level the city.
3) US air power would dominate. We would be flying sorties from carriers, Japan, probably have F-117's and B-2's coming out of Australia. I doubt
they would have much aircraft left after a week or 2 - they'd either be shot down or too afraid to fly. You must understand that their air craft are
all old. They have a huge fleet, but for every plane we lost, they would loose like 20 if not more. Their AF does not get much time in the air as
well, and they don't have any experience. I seem to remember a Chineese pilot crashing into a US servelence plane.
4) I doubt it. A lot would - no doubt. But think about it, they don't have enough guns in that country to arm 100 million people, much less a
billion. Then you can take out all children, elderly, most women, wounded from airstrikes ect ect ect. You'd end up with a few million, still a lot
more then the US would send over - but no where close to that billion.
5) I would say so. Their regular military fighting a conventional war has no chance - they'd have to go guarilla style. The problem is, there is no
way the US could occupy a country that in it's own right has more land and people then the continental United States.
Cascadego - you make some very valid points - especially on embargo. If we took this action, the war is over before a shot is fired. They would all
starve to death untill they surrendered.
I believe you are wrong how ever on how effective our airpower would be. They use old Russian planes without modern avionics, have poor training and
flight time, just developed an AWACs. and have no experience to my knowladge. Also, what Air fields would they use? Do you really think that we
wouldn't use cruise missles and destroy all of their airbases?
SweatmonicaIdo - your assesment of arming 600 million chan men is wrong. They have about 50 million guns over there so where do the other 550 million
guns come from? Factories are destroyed from air raids remember? can't import them because of imbargo.....you get the idea.
I'd also like to point out that if the US were to attack China, it would most likely NOT be to occupy. I don't think we could do that in the long
wheeeeeeewwwwwww..........*out of breath*
I hope you all actually read all this crap I wrote