It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bushfires in Victoria kill 76, death toll will rise [update: 181 dead]

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
i dont understand why no one seems to be taking me seriously

Suspicions that some of the more than 400 fires were deliberately set led police to declare crime scenes in towns in Victoria incinerated by blazes.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by theflashor

Because you are clueless as to what happens down here in Australia on a yearly basis.

Not a SINGLE Aussie thinks this is anything more than arsonists and accidents. Many Aussies, including myself, have lived through several bushfires (one nearly destroyed my childhood house). We have a known bushfire season that stretches from November through to March every year. There is NO reason to think this was caused by anything other than what I have already mentioned.

Now please take the hint and drop it dude, this is a touchy subject for all Australians. I have been rather lenient on you compared to what some other people I know would say.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
yeah, your right kryties. And I apologize for any contribution I may have made to bring the conversation up to this point

[edit on 10-2-2009 by possible_psychotic]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by theflashor
i dont understand why no one seems to be taking me seriously

Then take a break from posting and come back later.

Where do you live? I'm guessing by your posts that you are not in Australia?

If you don't live in Victoria, then you wouldn't know the hot, dry conditions around the state. You wouldn't know that a few weeks ago, we had about three days of rain but that's all gone. The grass grew, then it died in the heat and provided fuel. Everyone was wrapped, thinking that the dams were going to fill again... not likely. They rose a few percentage points, then promptly dropped again on the first of the 40+ degree days.

Arsonists probably lit a few fires. They aren't 'terrorists'. 'Terrorists' are a NWO construct used for propaganda spin. Seriously, you need to start another thread about it, as it's poor form to post it in here.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
ok il drop it i understand its a sensitive issue.. sorry for mentioning it :s

i shall be donating today god bless

but as for not 1 aussie thinks its not a combination of arson and accidents. Wait till the shock wears off. Suspected 400 different fires in different locations :S thats the last i say god bless australia..

Much respect.,

[edit on 10-2-2009 by theflashor]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by theflashor
i shall be donating today

Thanks for your contribution. There's people who can use it, like they have never needed it before.

There's a breaking news article that around 50 corpses are nearly impossible to identify, if they will ever be able to do so.

I suppose I'll wake up to a new death toll... Bed time now. At least I get to sleep safe tonight, unlike some others around the state.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

Just heard on the news that they now expect the death toll to climb over 300.

They are also warning that these fires may flare up again on the weekend as they are expecting similar conditions to last Saturday.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
300 ?????

Where'd you hear that??

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by possible_psychotic

Channel 9 a few minutes ago (actually more like 20 mins ago).

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
oh man! They'll probably have a full report at 10:30

This is insane.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Meanwhile, hundreds of exhausted firefighters continued to battle two dozen wildfires still burning out of control on Tuesday

Talk of arson in the town of Whittlesea, north of Melbourne, provoked immediate fury, reports the BBC's Phil Mercer.

The thought that some of the devastation was manmade is, to many locals, incomprehensible.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   
watch the video from actually being in the midst of the fire at news.bbc.co.uk...

isnt it strange that houses are on fire wide distances apart but near by trees look untouched although the house is burnt to the ground does that make sense does fire act like that usually?

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   

It all depends on which way the winds are pushing it and whether or not the forest not burning has previously been backburned (the act of deliberately burning off the forest-fuel in controlled conditions to act as fire-breaks) by firefighters or the helicopters dumped water on that section or not.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
see the news?

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by possible_psychotic

Nah I'm waiting for my fiancée to finish watching bloody 'All Saints'.

I'll get back to you when I do.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
ah, that's alright. Don't stress. There's not much that can really be said anyway

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Read these 3 old posts on ATS and tell me im not on to somthing!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 10-2-2009 by theflashor]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Your in the wrong thread.
This thread is not about birds falling from the sky.

Edit: Can a mod please remove my post,it added nothing to the topic at hand.
Sorry.

[edit on 10-2-2009 by SvenTheBerserK]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   

dude just shut up, this thread isn't about any form of conspiracy at all its about the worst bushfire in Australia's history. If you don't have anything else to add the go away. (no offense intended but your starting to piss me off)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join