It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bushfires in Victoria kill 76, death toll will rise [update: 181 dead]

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Actually your in the wrong forum,

"Member news submissions and discussions covering alternative subjects such as UFO's, conspiracy theory, government secrets, and political scandals."

This one im suggesting is one regarding possible polar shift. Look how it all points to australia with magnetic changes. Australia are currently building a new observitary as from late last year and it will take 1 year to complete. The purpose of this scope is to monitor the earths magnetic field. I find it weird how the UK has had its worst winter storms in 10 years and we have got 70 flood alerts out as of today many places allready flooded.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
some more to make you think.

www.sciencedaily.com...

www.sciencedaily.com...

I really think somthings up :S

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by theflashor
Actually your in the wrong forum,

"Member news submissions and discussions covering alternative subjects such as UFO's, conspiracy theory, government secrets, and political scandals."

This one im suggesting is one regarding possible polar shift. Look how it all points to australia with magnetic changes. Australia are currently building a new observitary as from late last year and it will take 1 year to complete. The purpose of this scope is to monitor the earths magnetic field. I find it weird how the UK has had its worst winter storms in 10 years and we have got 70 flood alerts out as of today many places allready flooded.

the fires arn't the cause of a polar shift.
if you lived in Victoria or NSW you'd know how dry it gets and has always gotten.

[edit on 10-2-2009 by iced_blue]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Am I allowed to say this, or am i breaching politeness and civility?

You are a disgrace.

This thread was never started to discuss the things you'd like to concoct - at a guess I'd say your ideas should be in ATS Skunk works.

Please. Enough.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
im only discussing what could be the cause of the fires. its allready been stated that although there may of been accidents and perfect storm conditions it dont account for how the fire spread thats why arson is suspected although hasnt been prooven?!

If you read some of my posts instead of just reading 1 or 2 of them you will prob see i have a point?

And if not whats wrong with my opinion on what MIGHT OF CAUSED THEM!
My heart go's out to them all,

God Bless Australia!

www.redcross.org.au...

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by theflashor

Then maybe you could start a new thread all your own on the possible way out there reasons.?

It may be worth a new thread on its own but not here.
Just my opinion.

Im almost done being nice.

[edit on 10-2-2009 by SvenTheBerserK]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by theflashor

The fires can be lit by simple little things like a glass bottle on the ground magnifying the sunlight, or by the sparks caused by welding or cutting metal, or by a simple cigarette butt thrown out a window.

Combine all these together with arsonists, the weather being hot, dry and the wind being high and unpredictable and you get what you see in Victoria now.

There is NO CONSPIRACY TO THIS. I gave you a friendly warning that your comments would not be received well by Australians, that it is a sensitive issue and yet you decide to keep going. Expect an absolute blasting from every Aussie who comes on here, me included. Now go away troll.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
kk il shut it, sorry if i offended just ones thoughts afterall this is a big big world event your worst in history, (in this day of age
)

sorry if i offended again my best wishes go out to you

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I hope all of you over in that neck of the planet are OK, and I hope this gets sorted soon.
Its unfortunate so many people died.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

lolololololol as i right this post, one of the fire front's is less then 2k's away.
and its heading this way, i no ppl who have died and heaps who have lost there houses. but on the upside, im gettin a load of days of skool :-)

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
so, the news has the toll up to 181 offically. The fires around beechworth yakendandeh are mostly out, as well as downgraded threat (whatever that means) at Healesville. Yet they say with all the fires still waging, they're not comftorable at all that they'll have it all out by the time we hit our next hotspell (which looks to be Saturday, i believe).

Also, K Rudd plans to use the money from (or at least some/most of) the stimulus for disaster relief.

People have returned to king lake but it's not pretty. out of the 850 plus homes lost 500 ( i think more) are from Kinglake. Man!

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Chiiru

Thankyou for your kind words Chiiru, those poor people need every bit of help they can get right now including words of support.

Personally I am feeling rather emotionally drained from watching it all day on TV, seeing the nuclearesque devastation and the tears of the victims. I'm going to turn into bed now and get some rest and think up more ways I can help them.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

im a local, there is a $100,000 reward on the guy that lit these ones head.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by brentoncrazy

Where abouts are you at brentoncrazy??? Not your adress lol just the suburb?

dont mind me... dictating the news

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

there's only so much you can watch and hear hey?
well dude, get some rest. crazy days ahead

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by brentoncrazy
reply to post by Kryties

im a local, there is a $100,000 reward on the guy that lit these ones head.

I hope they catch him and throw him in a cell to rot. The $100,000 reward should be donated to the Bushfire Appeal.

You say your only 2km's from one of the fires and it's headed your way? Mate, my advice is to start preparing to leave, don't leave it until too late whatever you do. A house can always be rebuilt, lives cannot.

Anyways, night all I shall be back with updates and whatnot in the morning.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

not all of these fires were lit delibritly, the ones were i am, the gippsland ones were. but for like the last 3-4 years the same guy has been runnin around lightin fires in the summer. they just never got this big before.

and if the fires hadda reached the power stations. melbourne wuld have lost 1 third of there power supply lol,

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

4 when u get back man, were prepared. my dads a local firefighter. we got a sprinkler sytem set up on the roof, 3-4 fire hoses set up round the house, 2 full water tanks and a damn ready with water. weve had a fire plan for like forever. the people who died in there house's didnt no what they were doing, if your not as prepared as us your supposed to stay inside till the fire front passes, then go outside (cuz houses dont burn down while the fire front passes, its after when all the embers and stuff get into the insulation and that. for the people that didnt no) thats why they died. they werent prepared.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Mate, there's quite a few firefighters that I would love to shout a beer, I can tell you that now. What did the U.S reporter call it? something odd "our biggest peace time disaster"... but yeah, I guess there is only so much you can take in.

Well, goodnite to all the Aussies. brentoncrazy i hope you do the sane thing and get out... if that wind turns...

and goodnite to everyone else across the world too

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by possible_psychotic

lol, gippsland. near churchill.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join