It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We will be lining up for a microchip

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by YeshuaWarrior
reply to post by jfj123

I dont have time to read all these posts, however one way the NWO could cause people to want to be chipped is by causing mass hysteria. Bigger than 9/11. It is obvious our government has no controll of the borders or the ability to track terrorists coming into this country. Say a US city was to be Nuked. The NWO response would be to chip everyone so that they could track terrorists anywhere in the world. If you dont take a chip, you could be considered a terrorist. People will line up to get chipped to make themselves feel "safe". Of course taking the mark of the beast separates you from God for eternity. No matter what the NWO says, Dont take the mark of the beast!

So what you're saying is that the only reason they might want to chip us is to protect us from terrorists ? And somehow that's bad?
Not presenting a very convincing argument.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by desertdreamer
reply to post by operation mindcrime

I read the article you provided, and did not see anything about chipping anyone. If you read the article, it is talking about EMR (Electronic Medical Records), which has nothing whatsoever to do with chipping. It has to do with getting hospitals and doctors all connected through the internet, and on the same page, so that medical mistakes, etc. can be prevented. Go the the link below and read this article, at the bottom....under electronic medical records.

EMR

Now, quit spreading a bunch of un-necessary hysteria. One day the chipping will be a reality, but this is not it.

This is exactly my point as well. However, the OP seems to be avoiding this to promote fear mongering.

If the OP can't answer the hard questions, maybe it's time to close the thread????

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Just one chip? Well... it's a start, I guess. As a supporter of the transhumanist movement, I am looking forward to much, much more. I think it will be a great benefit to mankind to augment our natural abilities through technology - by both modifying our genetic code and by merging directly with technology. I look forward to the day when I can augment my mind to allow external storage of memories, total immersion into the internet, and can "download" new skills and abilities in seconds. I look forward to the day when I can hand over my identification card to my pharmacist, which contains an up-to-date record of my genome so that he can prescribe designer medicines that fix the fundamental roots of my ailments - rather than throwing chemical compounds at the problem in hopes they have a beneficial effect without too many side-effects.

On a grander scale, I see the merger with technology to possibly be the next grand step in evolution. We've actually already taken it, with the advent of a species that can imagine the future, and use their hands to change the world to reflect their imagination. Rather than relying on the extremely slow trial-and-error of evolution to provide beneficial mutations, we can now shape our environments to fit us... but this is highly inefficient and problematic. Now, we are on the cusp of modifying ourselves to changes in the environment. What it took evolution hundreds of thousands of years to accomplish, we can effect in a single generation. And it won't just be us... but our machines as well.

Further, I just don't buy the whole "TPTB" elites controlling everything behind the scenes. Our world is a highly complex system comprised of a plethora of interacting complex systems on every level. We cannot control complex systems, merely interact with them, react to them, and try to manage them as best we can. Management that requires we roll with the punches, admit failures, and change course. I simply don't see the TPTB being able to wield the kind of control many members here seem to think they can. Especially considering the amount of knowledge and technology which is being disseminated out to the public. Knowledge is power, after all, and I would think that if "TPTB" wanted to control and subjugate mankind - they would try to limit knowledge. That doesn't appear to be what's happening. While it does appear that people may be being dumbed down by the mass media, the knowledge is still there if they chose to educate themselves. It is ultimately your choice whether you read a book or watch American Idol. It's just not being spoon fed to people.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123

Originally posted by desertdreamer

I read the article you provided, and did not see anything about chipping anyone. If you read the article, it is talking about EMR (Electronic Medical Records), which has nothing whatsoever to do with chipping. It has to do with getting hospitals and doctors all connected through the internet, and on the same page, so that medical mistakes, etc. can be prevented. Go the the link below and read this article, at the bottom....under electronic medical records.

EMR

Now, quit spreading a bunch of un-necessary hysteria. One day the chipping will be a reality, but this is not it.

This is exactly my point as well. However, the OP seems to be avoiding this to promote fear mongering.

If the OP can't answer the hard questions, maybe it's time to close the thread????

If it was up to me I would have already closed the thread. EMR has nothing to do with chipping people, the OP is trolling and just causing undue stress amongst the ATS population.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Many will line up for a microchip especially if say for example:
The one world system is imposed and you can not buy, sell or trade with out one.

This a scenario that is commonly believed by man Christians. There will be many who will fight against such a system based on religious beliefs and out of rebellion against a one world government.

Let me say this, if you personally believe this is coming, and there is much evidence to support this idea, then take preemptive measures. Don't just sit around in fear and do nothing, that would be foolish.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
A "friend" of mine was watching his son enter the world about 4 years ago. His second child and the second birth he had witnessed. To make a long story short "he" told me the second procedure went almost identical to the first, until once his son was born and he had cut the umbilical cord one of the nurses had a spring loaded device and put it against his head, pulled the trigger and there was a loud snap. Sort of shocked he asked her what that was, as it was something that hadnt been done to his first child only two years earlier. The nurse replied that it was some kind of steroid or antibiotic or something..in other words she told my friend that it was procedure and not to be concerned. Of course my friend immediately thought "chip", tracking device...etc. I have tried to tell him he was probably imagining the whole ordeal because of the excitement of the birth of his son. Can anyone here tell me of a similar procedure with a logical explination other than a beta run for chipping newborns as this is his theory, and I can tell it bothers him even though he has since learned to accept it and has chosen not to look like a fool by telling anyone other than me..the one person he knows he can trust. Any help would be apreciated.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by EverythingYouKnowIsWrong

In reality it could be either , but you'd think the internet and computers would have already been the implementation of electronic medical records, i'd think he means something mre than just a database of medical files.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   

The chip is already in dogs and cats.
It can work for humans.
Hmmmmm.......how will they sell it?
Which nation will go first?
I read Russia is on the ropes with its economy.
Putin is desperate.
He may sell it with an early retirement program.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Lasheic

I, personally have a few issues with what you've said. you are not allowing for the millions of potential problems that could arise from manipulating our "evolutionary" path. You are right when you say that people can imagine and thus shape the future but, based on everything i've ever observed, there are some extremely different views on what future that should be. The more we arm ourselves with the abilty to achieve these goals the more likely a one world government, new world order, whatever you want to call it, it going to be necessary. You say that you don't think that knowledge is being supressed, that it is you're choice whether you read a book or "watch american idol", how can you assume that the knowledge you gain in any book is doing you any favours, some knowledge, as genius, or correct as it may seem could be eluding you from what was right in front of you all along. It may simply be anothers misconception, that you are unfortunately lapping up due to how atractively its presented, or it could be the ultimate tool in suppressing knowledge, feeding the enquiring but easily satisfied minds of the many.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
There are already plenty of Americans avoiding health care because even with insurance, the medical bills cannot be afforded. My whole family works at a local hospital and from our perspective it seems that the only people getting health care right now are those on state assistance. I don't think a chip will matter much if the economy stays where it's at or goes further downhill. What good does it do to only chip welfare/medical card recipients?

Either way, I will refuse to my death. And yes, I am aware it may be a long, painful death.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
i hope it never comes to this. everyone should riot in the streets if this ever came about.

the uk has talked of having national ID cards which holds a wealth of info on everyone. even this has stirred anger. i for one shall not be paying the 150 pounds or whatever it is for it.

we are human and should be born free, not under a microscope like lab animals. NEVER!!!

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I for one would never be implanted with anything that i was not 100 percent sure i knew what it done...and i dont think i will ever be smart enough to understand rfid technology so i dont think i will ever get one
im a big scaredy cat really

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

I'm one more guy these government zombies aren't touching with a chip. Unless it's barbeque or cool ranch.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
In order for me to get one of those chips, I would have to be held down. I refuse to get one of those chips and if anyone comes near me with one of those things I will tell them what they can do with there chip.

I can't believe we actually let things get this bad.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
First off nothing is free, its paid for some how or by some way. If you don't believe me ask anybody if they will work a full time job for free? not a little favor you do for your family or friends or if a member at ATS has a computer issue or needs some help with buying something or whatnot. Ask your doctor if he will work for free? When the govt says Free they mean us the tax payer pays for it. don't get me wrong if we had unlimited money I would love to be able to give everybody on this Earth health care, nice homes, nice cars, good and fast computers. But reality is that it doesn't work or you get substandard treatment.

Now the chips. If it is the sign of the beast then you should be happy because Jesus will return and evil will be wiped from the face of the Earth. However having a chip implanted has a lot of advantages (depending on how "high tech" the chip is). Of course for tracking purposes it accounts to an ID tag like we use to track live stock. Think about it this way. You go to the store and load up your cart with whatever. Instead of dealing with the long lines at the checkout you just walk thru the door. all the chips attached to the products get tallied up and since you have a credit card or checking account attached to your chip it automagicaly takes care of the bill. You unlock your door to your car and start your car when your car identifies you based on your chip. doors open for you, locks unlock for you, everybody knows your location so if your children are kidnapped they know where to go and rescue them. Worried about your spouse being faithful to you? Guess what
not anymore. Oh if your daughter is out, you know she is at Holly's house like she said and not at lovers lane with some slime ball, you can make sure little Johnny isn't racing your electric car with its super low resistance tires. You would use your computer to program the chip for any changes to your accounts or program your house to do whatever you want when it senses you are near, like your arms are full the door opens and you walk into a dark room the lights come on for you. Of course health care, when you visit the doctor the receptionist gets your record (wouldn't need a copay because they work for free now) and when you are done your record is updated when you leave. (bad news for Doctor shoppers). Since you don't get paid with money anymore, you work for free and are given free food and free goods. Everything is free now remember? Everything you do, you do freely for the good of the country so you work for free and live where they tell you to live(for free of course), eat how they tell you to eat and drive what they tell you to drive, they automatically set the temp in your house all for free, since the politicians know what is best for you and your family you don't have a care in the world and let them provide it for you. You could even program it to turn on the tv and switch channels on the free high speed network and mindlessly drift into la la land with lolly pops and sundays and unicorns and chocolate bunnies who bring you gum drops and candy canes.

Aside from my satire there are advantages to speeding up certain time consuming parts of a persons daily life.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Well OP. My cat is fine. She has never had any sickness that I have known of and she is not chipped and healthy by the way. I am also not chipped, I am healthy, I ahve no medical insurance but no worries I am doing fine and havent needed medical assistance for several years and prefer it that way.

Chip whoever. All is fair in love and war. I for one will not be chipped and will evolve regardless.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by brengizzle

you are not allowing for the millions of potential problems that could arise from manipulating our "evolutionary" path.

All of our actions produce innumerable reactionary effects in our environments. Some we feel can be mitigated, some we can just deal with, some we don't even recognize, and some we can predict and work to rectify. How is changing our DNA any different, in this regard, to building a national highway system? Surely we should be cautious when tinkering with our source code, but that is no reason not to explore it's potential.

What you're ignoring is the basic precept which this represents. We can effect changes in a single generation. Multiple times in a generation. If we make a modification, and it has deleterious side effects, we can try to mitigate this by returning to the original configuration, or a more optimized configuration.

In any case, as we are a product of an evolutionary system, anything which comes about from us is also an emergent product of an evolutionary system.

based on everything i've ever observed, there are some extremely different views on what future that should be.

Not everyone will have their visions of tomorrow fulfilled. Nobody will, really. Not everyone will even have a partial aspect of their visions fulfilled. The future will be shaped by everyone, all working in their own way to make the world what they want. It is a competition of ideologies, and those with the most convincing ideas will see the most support across the broad human spectrum. We only must be careful that our ideas and dreams fight for dominance in the arena of free exchange of ideas - not through violence or domination. This is why freedom of speech and the preservation of knowledge is of vital importance to humanity.

2,000 years ago, there once stood a library which was the repository of all of human knowledge and research. That library was burned through conquest and in the name of suppression of knowledge. This drug Europe into a dark ages until that knowledge was rediscovered, leading to the renaissance and eventually to a rebirth of the Hellenistic era.

Today, the largest library in the world is the United States Library of Congress. This library is open to all citizens and non-citizens to peruse... but it is not known as a vital research institute the way Alexandria was. Why? Because knowledge has been decentralized via the educational system and disseminated out to the public. It is now, no longer just the purview of scholars, but of everyone if they so choose.

The more we arm ourselves with the abilty to achieve these goals the more likely a one world government, new world order, whatever you want to call it, it going to be necessary.

Eventually, a One World Government will be necessary. It could solve a lot of issues regarding resource management, environmental policy, poverty, etc. What if we come in contact with an alien race, or begin establishing colonies in space? Surely we would not expect each individual nation to have their own ties. I think the Federalist papers, in arguing the benefits of the American Colonies solidarity under a banner of a single government when dealing with foreign nations would apply here as well. "A house divided, cannot stand", as it would later be said.

I don't think the timing is quite right for a One World Government, but perhaps we should begin thinking of moving in that direction. The consolidation of sovereign nations under a governmental banner - similar to the European Union. However, I think we should - for the moment - watch how Europe develops under the EU and use them as a testbed for potential pitfalls.

how can you assume that the knowledge you gain in any book is doing you any favours

By understanding what is being said in that book, using my rationality and logic to determine it's plausibility, and by seeing the practical application of that knowledge in the world. I can read Darwin's works, for example, and see where he is right and wrong in his theory of Evolution. We have learned a lot about evolution over the years. For example, Darwin had little concept of Horizontal Gene Transfer - yet it still appears to be a major factor in evolution, turning the "Tree" of life into more of a "Web" with branching strands.

I can also see the practical application of evolution in the field of medicine, such as identifying the rate at which microbes mutate to become immune to penicillin - or in computer design using EA's to develop new products and increase efficiency.

[edit on 7-2-2009 by Lasheic]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
As an aside, I would like to go on record as saying that I support those who do not wish to be "chipped", genetically modified, or merged with technology. It should be every persons sovereign right as a human being whether or not they allow this for them or their children. However, they should not bemoan their being left behind by society. Should it become difficult for them to live in society because of their choices, then they will have to live with those difficulties or otherwise find a different society to live in. Perhaps their own local communes.

In this manner, the neo-luddites can have their own lifestyle without infringing on the rest of the society - much like the Amish currently do.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime
reply to post by infolurker

This is being staged and soon people will be ready to except anything in exchange for some relief...

Peace

Yup it is staged alright, Warren Buffett even said as much.

Warren Buffett's warning to the world from over a year ago

After this baby lets loose ppl will think of the bailout and stimulus as
tiny little jokes.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join