It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feb 9, 2009, Obama Speeks Primetime, Treasury Dept Unvails Bail Out Plan, What if Reinhardt Is Right

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by aravoth

Silverstein huh...Jeez didn't he make enough off the WTC policys after he helped take 'em down?

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

I am with you! I know we aren't alone either, there are a lot of folks that are "awaking" to the truth!

I was sure happy when I found this forum. I knew that there were others out there!

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
So much for Jim Cramers China saves the day Theorys?

China’s Exports May Fall by Most in Decade as Demand Dries Up
www.bloomberg.com...

China's Blackstone Pain Is Treasuries' Gain as Wen Protects Cash Reserves
www.bloomberg.com...

Here's the link for what was discussed in parallel R Thread concerning AFLAC...

U.S. Debt Default, Dollar Collapse
www.midasletter.com...

[edit on 2/8/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by tjeffersonsghost

Originally posted by jimmyx
it's 5:37 p.m. pacific daylight time, and here is what the financial web pages say:

www.marketwatch.com...

online.wsj.com...

online.barrons.com...

And none of them but Bloomberg is talking about the IMF saying we are in a depression. Is this on accident?

Accident? Hardly..

I love Bloomberg personally, I have only ever caught a few stories "disappearing" on their news service, stories no one else would even touch.

The IMF says the Western World is in a Depression, by God, I think I am going to believe him. The US's official stance is that YES, we are in a depression like atmosphere, BUT, because unemployment numbers do not read your typical depression levels, we are still in a severe economic downturn, a recession, not a Depression.

Though it should be noted the only recession that has lasted longer then this current one, was the Great Depression... hmm..

And we all know the Fed manipulates (to an extreme) unemployment numbers.. (I am technically unemployed, but collect no benefits, so I am not counted). I imagine the unemployment numbers to be 11-19% approx, a conservative estimate to some.

www.forecasts.org...

Even more "official" numbers are looking dreary.. by August a forcasted "official" unemployment of 8.9%?

The government actually compiles unemployment figures in six different categories; as you might expect, the numbers tend to minimize the bad news.

The most commonly number quoted in the media is the “official” unemployment rate – known as U3 (the bottom line of the three in the chart below) – which now stands at 7.2%.

But to get the real picture, you have to add both in what the government refers to as “discouraged” workers (U4) and “marginally attached” workers (U5) – those who have stopped looking for work, or who haven't looked for work recently (represented by the middle line of the three in the chart). That number (U6) depicts an unemployment rate t that's approaching an eye-popping 14%.

Overall, 48% of all companies downsized in 2008, and a staggering 60% are planning reductions in 2009, according to a Society of Human Resource Management survey.

Economists predict a net total of 1.5 million to 2 million or more jobs will vanish in 2009, and the “official” unemployment rate could hit 9% or 10%, underscoring the challenges that new U.S. President Barack Obama will face and the tough road ahead for job seekers.

www.marketoracle.co.uk...

Of course I know you know this TJG, but I thought to ruin the night for others by demonstrating what the cowards.. I mean .. politicians, don't want us to know.

(14% technically is an official number, it's just never mentioned.. sort of.. swept under the rug.)

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Rockpuck been awhile and yes I stated earlier in the thread I felt unemployment was closer to 20% when you factor in all the goodies and I even factor in a poor factoring process
You and I have been fighting the sheeple on this for awhile *cough* and now are getting our validation ....to bad those people we argued with are no longer around. I dont know if I want this validation though because I think we are going to get much worse...Im talking real long lines at soup kitchens and neighbor on neighbor for food. Unlike the 30s people today cant rely on themselves they need that government teet....scary times my friend....I hope you enjoyed your move

[edit on 8-2-2009 by tjeffersonsghost]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I agree whole heartedly...

2009 Depression Validated
www.abovetopsecret.com...

IMHO the only thing Differentiating this "Recession" from a "Depression" is the Unemployment numbers they've cooked up. If 25% of 123 Million in 1930's were Unemployed Vs 7.6%-17% (Depends who you consider Uncounted/Under/Un Employed) of 330 Million today that equates to 30.75 Million back then to 25.8-56.1 Million today...makes ya think?

[edit on 2/8/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by tjeffersonsghost

It's bad for the US, but it's far worse (and getting much worse) for European countries..

I am not even paying attention to this dumbass "Stimulus" .. the vast majority will fill the debt void in State budgets for 3 months or so, and pay to finish infrastructure projects that where halted due to lack of funds..

Not to mention the time it would take for the funds to "trickle" down into the economy would take obscenely long time.

I have no faith in our government, and absolutely no faith in this moronic junior senator who obviously knows little about economics.

I give it.. till June, and Congress will be discussing Stimulus Plan Number 3.

The only good the stimulus plans do is provide "optimism" which drives the markets up, when all the horrific news indicates it should be tanking.. and I am not sure if that's even a good thing.. irrational, that's for sure.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I think that to have predicted something negative in the market was going to happen the first or second week of February last fall would have been easy if you believed:

1) Obama was going to win
2) His proposed plan for the economy was going to be considered negative by the market.

Remember most presidents try to put in place what they stand for in the first 100 days of their term.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Leading Republicans warned Sunday that the Obama administration's $800 billion-plus economic stimulus effort will lead to what one called a "financial disaster."

"Everybody on the street in America understands that," said Sen. Richard Shelby, the ranking Republican on the Senate Banking Committee. "This is not the right road to go. We'll pay dearly."

Granted.... this fellow did vote for the first stimulus and the first bailout.. but hey, if it stops the passing of this bill, then I agree with the man.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by slipkid

At the 11 hour, its a little too late to argue Reinhardts points........There are plenty of post and other threads to links that can do that.........

What ever you may believe, there is a good chance we may take a dive towards the bottom next week..........and if we do, don't think its just bad money management that put us here........there is an agenda

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

It's bad for the US, but it's far worse (and getting much worse) for European countries..

I am not even paying attention to this dumbass "Stimulus" .. the vast majority will fill the debt void in State budgets for 3 months or so, and pay to finish infrastructure projects that where halted due to lack of funds..

Not to mention the time it would take for the funds to "trickle" down into the economy would take obscenely long time.

I have no faith in our government, and absolutely no faith in this moronic junior senator who obviously knows little about economics.

I give it.. till June, and Congress will be discussing Stimulus Plan Number 3.

The only good the stimulus plans do is provide "optimism" which drives the markets up, when all the horrific news indicates it should be tanking.. and I am not sure if that's even a good thing.. irrational, that's for sure.

Well the stimulus isnt what we are supposed to be paying attention to...its the $8.5 trillion dollars the FED is creating. The stimulus is just a diversion from the real theft that is taking place. Im not even so sure I am against all of the stimulus. I think extending unemployment and food stamps is a good thing while the free market works itself out. But a lot of this other crap they have in there is laughable.

I still stand by my statements this is all contrived. The stimulus will not cover this for more than 3 to 6 months I totally agree they will be asking for more. As you know I dont have any faith in our government either. They have managed to sit back and destroy our country while claiming the "Umm errr gee I didnt know this was coming" card. They were warned by plenty of people who were minimalized or completely shut out.

I feel bad for the European countries they will get smacked hard, especially when the UK goes bankrupt. As far as June and asking for more money well I dont know if we will still be solvent at that point...I think we will be full on in bankrupt status although they will call it something else that doesnt sound so bad. No my friend we have to buckle down but its not easy when there is no money out there......

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Tried To post a link to a cached page with Rienhardts real name. It didn't work. I will try and work on it and post it again later. I would have deleted this post, but haven't figured that out yet.

In the meantime futures still going down...

[edit on 8-2-2009 by MsBehavin1]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MsBehavin1

Sorry but its not linking........

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Here's how to find it. Go to the Google search page. Enter Enterprisecorruption.com

It will be at the top look down and click on more results from enterprisecorruption.com
at the bottom of the next page..click on 3..for page 3. Look at the third from bottom it should say "January 25th" don't click that..click "cached" and you will see the original page.

Very Interesting..

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
well, went back to check that and it's not the page I first saw.

Copy this quickly, put it in your browser and click..
sorry, really trying to help but I can't link it from here..
I think the link is too long..

74.125.77.132...:Cxd_ljoVBj4J:www.enterprisecorruption.com/%3Fpu003d362+site:enterprisecorruption.com+enterprise+corruption&hl=en&c t=clnk&cd=21&gl=us

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by odd1out

PS...I think he is SO SURE of himself, he is already gloating. There is also rumor he predicted Fridays market upturn, which may account for "I told you so..."

This behavior can be seen in socio/psychopathic behavior. If someone has genuine power and has the ability to affect something significantly, they will often times gloat about it because it'll be them pulling the trigger. It's one of the reasons serious criminals often times call the news before they do something. They want to show people who has the power.

I'm not saying this is the case with this person, but the MO matches up a bit. That's just my two cents.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Futures are tanking -130 on the DOW.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Apparently the obama announcement has been pushed to Tuesday.
www.foxnews.com...,2009-02-08

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor
Futures are tanking -130 on the DOW.

If you have been watching the market in the last 6 months, drop or gain of ~130 is nothing out of the ordinary. It's actually expected after a bull run on Thurs/Friday of 100-200pts/day.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by zmouse

This is only for the Bank/Insurance/Mortgage Plan...so the Senate can have the Spotlight on Stimulus Plan...even if they pass it (more doubtful by the hour) it still has to be reconciled with the House version and I just don't see it happening with out more infighting...esp the $40 Bln State Fiscial Assistance that was cut...

This the part where Wall St throws a hissy fit...lo and behold DOW Futures droppin' as we speak...

[edit on 2/9/2009 by Hx3_1963]

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join