It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feb 9, 2009, Obama Speeks Primetime, Treasury Dept Unvails Bail Out Plan, What if Reinhardt Is Right

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
From what I gathered in researching this topic, is that R claims the big insurance companies are going to be disclosing some very bad news, or getting some very bad news ( I, for one, have been waiting for this shoe to drop)...in any case, the prediction had something to do with the insurance sector. It seems strange that there is (1) a suckers rally last Friday, and (2) the stimulus and bailout things are waiting until Tuesday. Coincidence? Whatever Legatus is and doing who knows what in Bermuda this past weekend, one could speculate our Government too, may be waiting for the results of what happens tomorrow. I've seen another prediction for this week which had to do with 401k deposits in the market being severely affected come this week. Why? Because elections for the new 2009 year were made in Nov 08. December deposits are made in January (on or before the 15th by law) so anyone that made changes in Nov for the new year will have their first deposits made on the 13th. It seems likely that many lowered their 401k withholding, and many others opted out all together, seeing as this was the height of some very troubled times. I don't know how accurate that is, but it made sense to me. I guess we don't have long to wait...

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gando702

edit: also, for some reason reinhardt took down his "I told you so" message on his page. Maybe he's rethinking his prophecy because speeches and bailout votes are getting pushed back.

[edit on 8-2-2009 by Gando702]

I doubt that because he called this months in advance long before any of this talk was planned..... he couldnt of known this was going to play out the way it has....

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Anyone have an idea of what businesses by fail that would make the banks call the CDO's in?

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by tjeffersonsghost

PS...I think he is SO SURE of himself, he is already gloating. There is also rumor he predicted Fridays market upturn, which may account for "I told you so..."

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
synthetic cdo's, great work by Deuterium is Heavy here:

www.wiredpirate.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
Anyone have an idea of what businesses by fail that would make the banks call the CDO's in?

Grim results predicted for UBS, Credit Suisse
www.reuters.com...

Fed Calls Consultants to Treat AIG, Stricken Markets (Update1)
www.bloomberg.com...

Any Ideas/Sugestion?

[edit on 2/8/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Read my posts in this last page...I just read CDO's are VERY POPULAR with insurance companies...
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm......

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by odd1out
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Read my posts in this last page...I just read CDO's are VERY POPULAR with insurance companies...
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm......

Of course they are. CDO's are basically "insurance" against losses while investing.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
This doesn't mean alot but Dow Futures have went down 10 points in the last hour...from -58 to -68...someone must be keeping up on headlines.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
it's 5:37 p.m. pacific daylight time, and here is what the financial web pages say:

www.marketwatch.com...

online.wsj.com...

online.barrons.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
it's 5:37 p.m. pacific daylight time, and here is what the financial web pages say:

www.marketwatch.com...

online.wsj.com...

online.barrons.com...

And none of them but Bloomberg is talking about the IMF saying we are in a depression. Is this on accident?

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by tjeffersonsghost

Originally posted by jimmyx

www.marketwatch.com...

online.wsj.com...

online.barrons.com...

And none of them but Bloomberg is talking about the IMF saying we are in a depression. Is this on accident?

Recession? No, It's a D-process, and It Will Be Long
online.barrons.com...

How's this?

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by odd1out
From what I gathered in researching this topic, is that R claims the big insurance companies are going to be disclosing some very bad news, or getting some very bad news ( I, for one, have been waiting for this shoe to drop)...in any case, the prediction had something to do with the insurance sector. It seems strange that there is (1) a suckers rally last Friday, and (2) the stimulus and bailout things are waiting until Tuesday. Coincidence? Whatever Legatus is and doing who knows what in Bermuda this past weekend, one could speculate our Government too, may be waiting for the results of what happens tomorrow. I've seen another prediction for this week which had to do with 401k deposits in the market being severely affected come this week. Why? Because elections for the new 2009 year were made in Nov 08. December deposits are made in January (on or before the 15th by law) so anyone that made changes in Nov for the new year will have their first deposits made on the 13th. It seems likely that many lowered their 401k withholding, and many others opted out all together, seeing as this was the height of some very troubled times. I don't know how accurate that is, but it made sense to me. I guess we don't have long to wait...

CNBC has also learned that officials Monday are likely to indicate that the government has approved capital injections to insurance companies with thrift-structured lending units that have applied for government aid under the TARP program.

Thus far only AIG has received funding under the program, but that happened after the government amended various terms of its original aid package, which came in the emergency environment of last September before the TARP was created.

If the Treasury does take such a step with insurance companies, Genworth Financial, Lincoln National and Hartford Financial Services Group would be first, according to the source.

www.cnbc.com...

Jeez...naming names even...watch these stocks!
Now does this Make Stockholders run for their life fearing dividend wipeouts or do they pile on?

Dow down 73 now....

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963

Recession? No, It's a D-process, and It Will Be Long
online.barrons.com...

How's this?

Close but not quite there. Coming from the IMF is would be more gory and ugly which will get the markets rowled up. Im shorting this week so I need a good market tanking
not to be selfish or anything but hey if you cant prevent it you might as well make money off of it.

[edit on 8-2-2009 by tjeffersonsghost]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
This looks like something also?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Doesn't sound very incouraging...

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Countdown to the Truth.............And may it set us free!

Thanks for all who posted on this thread and flagged for others to see........It seems many of you are anxious about tomorrow as I am. Going into tomorrow makes me think about the movie the Matrix.........

If Reinhardt is right, we will all be awakened from a bad dream to a reality of elite control with an agenda that could be compared to Hitlers Germany by many theroist.

Personally I would rather be Awake then be one of the millions hearded as sheep.

Good luck to all those who attempt to profit from the downfall.........make it while you can!

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." Thomas Jefferson

GodSpeed To All

I know I'd rather know the truth then live in a world

[edit on 8-2-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
This looks like something also?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Doesn't sound very incouraging...

Wow look at aflac go...its funny my wife and I were talking about these guys today...I didnt realize their stock was hit like this...

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by tjeffersonsghost

The only thing I can think of for now it to watch stuff like:
DOW Futures (down 73 trending lower now)
Major Currency moves (all a little lower trending lower now US $ opens at 12:00)
US 10 Yr Yields (off a high of about 3.0% trending lower now opens at 9:30 EST)
Gold (holding steady around $905)
Financial News Headlines

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Pay attention to what happens in Chicago today, near the exchange. Lots of CDO's based out of there, and guess who owns the complex?

Larry Silverstein.....

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by aravoth
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Pay attention to what happens in Chicago today, near the exchange. Lots of CDO's based out of there, and guess who owns the complex?

Larry Silverstein.....

ahhhhhhhhh wow...... This is why I live you aravoth my fellow RP supporter and true freedom lover.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join