It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul introduces legislation: The Federal Reserve Board Abolition Act

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I have already contacted my Congressman about this
I just it passes, Good luck RP

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Last guy to try this was Kennedy. Yes President Kennedy executive order 11110 on June 4th, 1963, and what happened 5 months later. hmmmm!

www.john-f-kennedy.net...

This would be an amazing thing to see get passed.

I wish I could give this a 100 flags and stars, because it truly deserve it.

Great find to the OP

[edit on 4-2-2009 by Realtruth]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by asmeone2
Goodbye Mr. Paul. It is good to see you doing it but you have just touched one dangerous sacred cow... I sure hope you do not go the way of JFK.

He's been at this for quite a while now.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I just wrote my congressman. Good luch RP.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Tgautier13

At least he isn't giving up. He is persisting. That is what is needed perseverance. He does't let the PTB get to him...way to go.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Tgautier13

Yes, in fact, even before HR2755, he had introduced essentially the same bill in 1999:

H.R.1148 Title: To abolish the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System and the Federal reserve banks, to repeal the Federal Reserve Act, and for other purposes. Sponsor: Rep Paul, Ron [TX-14] (introduced 3/17/1999) Cosponsors (None) Latest Major Action: 3/31/1999 Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on Financial Institutions and Consumer Credit.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by trthskr

Don't get me wrong, I support him 100%. I'm just pointing out that Ron Paul has been a thorn in the side of 'the powers that be', whoever they are, for a while. This is nothing new. I do hope some of his fellow congressmen begin to shake the delusions of wealth and power that are being dangled in front of their noses by lobbyists; if this economic crisis worsens into a depression, every single senator and representative who ever accepted a paycheck will suddenly be left out in the rain with no umbrella, with the rest of us.

At the same time, I don't believe totally removing our fiat money system, especially during a time of global economic recession, and especially when nations such as China have been buying billions and billions of dollars worth of bonds in our fiat system, would be the best course of action right now. Baby steps.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

What i see on here is people saying something needs to be done.
Well guess what he is doing something about it.
I'm sure he knows that he is risking his life.
I will stand by him because he is the only one that is standing up for us.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Jester

What i see on here is people saying something needs to be done. Well guess what he is doing something about it. I'm sure he knows that he is risking his life. I will stand by him because he is the only one that is standing up for us.

Believe me, Ron Paul is not risking his life. Although I fully support Ron Paul, and HR2755, you have to understand that in the House, Ron Paul is considered a joke by almost everyone, except Denis Kucinich. Every time Ron Paul stands to speak, eyes roll. That is the arrogance of the House members. Part of it is due to his refusal to support Israel in all that they do. That makes him a Pariah with Pelosi and the rest of the thugs in Congress.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

As much as I support this and would love to see it happen we all know it won't.

I now fear that the honorable Mr. Paul may have some sort of "accident" and not be with us much longer.

The last two people who opposed the federal reserve seemed to have something in common although the fed res was not even yet established when one was president, they were trying and he was hard core opposed. This would be Lincoln and Kennedy.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by DarrylGalasso

I now fear that the honorable Mr. Paul may have some sort of "accident" and not be with us much longer.

Read my post above yours. He is not in danger at all. If what you said were, true, they would have done something in 1999, when he introduced the bill. Ron Paul has been completely marginalized by Congress and the MSM. He is not a threat to them.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
HEY GUYS!!!

I e-mailed my reps, i will hound them tomorrow!!!

GO RON PAUL!!! WOO i wish he had this kind of run back in 2007 when he was fighting for his presidential nomination!

Geez!!! this is huge! i never e-mailed my congressmen/reps before. this called for it... i really hope something builds from this.

MR PAUL! please don't go the way of JFK. if you happen to follow in his footsteps, me and 10 million other Americans will fight for our country back... and live out your dream of a republic!

nothing like 10 million angry Americans with pitch forks demanding answers!!

KEEP THIS UPDATED I WANT TO KNOW WHERE THIS WILL GO!

S&F OP!!! GREAT POST!

EDIT: ADDED S&F!!!

[edit on 5-2-2009 by ugie1028]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Well, he's a "joke" with tons of good ideas, no fear to speak up and lots of followers. At a certain point, when the people really support him, they will have to take him seriously.
Right now, this is mostly in the hands of the American people. They have to make their voices heard and support Mr. Paul in whatever way they can.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Wow, I really like this man more as each day goes by. Like many others, my mind to politics was opened by Ron Paul. This man is not even president and he is trying to get alot of things done on our behalf.

If said accident were to happen, I think people, especially us on ATS will smell it like a busy day at the fish market. Gonna send a letter to my representative too.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
i believe he has introduced this bill for many years now,,, maybe not the same number or word for word but similar

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Swordbeast

Well, he's a "joke" with tons of good ideas, no fear to speak up and lots of followers. At a certain point, when the people really support him, they will have to take him seriously. Right now, this is mostly in the hands of the American people. They have to make their voices heard and support Mr. Paul in whatever way they can.

I guess you still don't understand. The only way Ron Paul has a chance is if the MSM decides to cover him, and they have not, and will not.
As I said, I support Ron Paul, but outside of a subset of the Internet Forums communities, virtually NO ONE has even heard of him.
I voted for Ron Paul, and when people I knew asked who I voted for, I told them. Their reply was "Ron who?". My married children and their spouses had never even heard of him.
I wish people would read the entire thread. This bill had been introduced many times before by Ron Paul, and each time, it dies in committee, as do all bills like it. This will be no different. The bill has NO other sponsors. That says all you need to know.

You don't believe me? Contact your Congressional Rep. Get to know him or her. Don't say anything about Ron Paul, until he/she feels comfortable in speaking honestly to you. Then simply ask him/her "What's the story with Ron Paul?" You'll get the same answer I got when I did this. I guarantee it.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus

I guess you still don't understand. The only way Ron Paul has a chance is if the MSM decides to cover him, and they have not, and will not.

You must not watch the MSM much.

Ron Paul has been all over it lately. Do a youtube search and you'll see.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
New Hampshire Defining Actions by which they can FIRE the U.S. Government

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This Thread is yet another avenue pointing in the same direction...neither will go anywhere but between 5-7 ? States are considering putting similar language in bills coming up for votes in the very near future...

BTW: Here's a article on the Feds' History...
www.petitiononline.com...

[edit on 2/5/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cio88
As much as I would love to see this sail ... it wont because of the corrupt politicians and thier money.

I hope RP all the best and I support this.

But we all know what happens to those who oppose the Elite.

COME ON!!!

Do you know what the "elite" fear? The people.

You know what keeps the "elite" comforted? When the people say "we can't do anything".

Now there is a little gift the forefathers of America left for it's people. It's been manipulated, hidden, and mocked, but it's more powerful than any evil bankers; It is stated as "A government by the people, for the people."

As much as you want to sit around and watch Youtube vids about conspiracies, the fact of the matter is ANY bill will be passed and enacted into law if it gets enough votes. The way it gets votes is by congressman voting yes or no depending on what their constituents want them too. How do they know what you want? You contact them. Write a letter, send an email, leave a phone message.

Sure corruption is out there, but if there is one thing a congressperson wants more then shady people on their side it is keeping their job so they can get the shady people in the first place. They lose their job if you do not re elect them. The vote what they are told to vote because otherwise they will not be seen as good, and they will be voted out the next election (every 2 years).

The system of America is still in tact. It has cobwebs on it and it's covered that way because thats what the elite want. As soon as they can't hold the blindfolds on Americans any more, people will start to see how much power they really have.

So you have two options here:

1. Spend a few minutes of your time sending a plea to your congressmen, your state will have a online email form that takes no effort at all. Use your right.

2. Do what everyone else does. Put your head down and say "what's the use?".

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
King GEORGE is at our throats again with the other hand in our wallets. He just doesn't learn.

Ron Paul curbed my apathy.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join