It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul introduces legislation: The Federal Reserve Board Abolition Act

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Only Congressman Paul would have the guts to even touch this subject.He knows he's walking into the lion's den but that is what is necessary to fight these people who seem intent on selling out the nation.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
If the Federal Reserve Board Abolition Act does pass, I wonder if TAXATION could be abolished, too? By getting rid of both, the banks would not have gotten their bailout from the taxpayers in the first place.

[edit on 2009-2-05 by pikypiky]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I just E-mailed my Michigan Rep... told him I wanted Ron's Bill & Michigans 2009 Concurrent Resolution No. 4 to be passed...to send a message to Washington about this mess we're in now...step right up sheeple...let yer digital voices be heard!

[edit on 2/5/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

wrote to both one senator from my state and the representative from my district. The other senator who I didn't write to is Joe Lieberman, who is a hack and a hopeless case.

Did my part. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Cheers.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I really don't think this bill as any chance. But you never know. I don't see why you would write to your representative, unless he's in the House Financial Services Committee.

Committees are like "mini Congresses". Most bills begin by being considered by one or several congressional committees which may "report" the bill favorably or unfavorably to the Senate or House as a whole allowing it to receive consideration by the full body and move forward, or may fail to consider a bill at all preventing the bill from moving forward. Most bills never receive any committee consideration and are never reported out. House bills start in House committees and enter Senate committees only after being passed by the House and received by the Senate, and similarly for Senate bills.

Information on committee proceedings is notoriously opaque: committees vary in what information they make public and often do not provide basic public information such as the results of votes electronically or in an understandable format. Furthermore, if your Member of Congress does not sit on any committee relevant to this bill, you generally have no opportunity to voice your opinion on the bill while the bill is receiving its most important consideration.

The bill has been referred to the following committees:
House Financial Services

Govtrack.org

For a list of the committee member: House Financial Services Committee

Maybe it would help to contact te committee directly.

House Financial Services Committee - Democratic Staff
2129 Rayburn House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
Phone: (202) 225–4247

Committee on Financial Services - Republicans
B371a Rayburn House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
Phone: (202) 225-7502

Contact the committee

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Breifne
reply to post by David9176

Those that voted for the bailout received more funding in their careers from Wall Street than those that did not.

Unfortunately, I'm afraid a more accurate description would be: Those who receive the most funding in their careers received EVEN MORE funding for voting for the bailout. Correct me if I'm wrong, but even your source tended to verify this.

Strype

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
If one looks at those who throughout history have sought to abolish the Federal Reserve, they have all been killed/died of mysterious circumstances.

i fear for Ron Paul's life.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
and now the grand fanily as the governemnts bigest secrets begin to unfold.... only if they dont kill him first.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky
If the Federal Reserve Board Abolition Act does pass, I wonder if TAXATION could be abolished, too? By getting rid of both, the banks would not have gotten their bailout from the taxpayers in the first place.

[edit on 2009-2-05 by pikypiky]

I would be more than willing to pay taxes but I have always felt that it should be an option and not a requirement.
rather than force us to pay taxes it should be considered an honor to be willing and able to pay them.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Praises for Dr Paul. I'm not confident on it passing but hopefully it will open some eyes. As is the norm, the msm will probably shy away from this story in exchange for something more important to them such as the Obama's new dog.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
So is writing my congressman useless for this bill? (due to the commitee stuff)

Slightly confused now

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by willzilla

If the power that be got him, he wouldn't be a martyr. He'd just be listed in the media as another dead kook commie.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by n1zzzn
So is writing my congressman useless for this bill? (due to the commitee stuff)

Slightly confused now

No, because the more they know that the people are behind it and them, the more they can talk about it, and put pressure on the one's in the commitee's.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpacePunk
reply to post by willzilla

If the power that be got him, he wouldn't be a martyr. He'd just be listed in the media as another dead kook commie.

I seriously doubt that. He has been getting the attention of the MSM over the last couple of weeks again. It is getting obvious that he has a clear mind and answers in the right direction for the country to be free of the adjenda set forth by the man behind the curtain.
Slowly, the people are starting to wake up. 1% is 3 million hell bent on reform and readjustment back to the constitutional way. That's a pretty big crowd.
As of after the election, the MSM is finding out quicky, that their viewers are now americans that give a crap. The are mad as hell and are learning
what is really wrong. The people in the MSM that own it will throw the "man" under the bus if the viewers deem so. They are full of greed and so are most of their advertisers.
This is what you use against them. This is the weakness of the PTB. The people can steer greed in the right way. But it give them the power to pull the rug when it is done.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
My state has five representatives on the comittee, including Ron Paul. My family and I will be contacting them as well as the representatives for our state. I wish Dr. Paul good luck.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Here is the page for contact information. We need everyone from every state to call their reps today, tomarrow, and everyday until this is passed. It's time to let our government know how the people feel.

www.house.gov...

Make those calls people. Call more than once. This is not the time to put it off and do it later.

Citizens Unite!!!

For the love of God
For the love of our country
For the love of our kids

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Well I emailed my representatives and senator in Minnesota. There is an incredible amount of ron paul supporters in minnesota and also just a couple months ago in minneapolis where I live they were flying around this huge ron paul banner on it that said evolution revolution on it! I was so happy when I saw that. It made me feel like there is hope and I also emailed that house comitee financial whatever. Do your part people.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Great; and we’ll see if it gets political support. You can’t, however, link money to any commodity without introducing a dangerous variable to the value of money. The point, as Dr. Paul says, is stability of the supply of money. With monetary reform and transparency, the amount of money should be kept constant with population and economic growth. See www.monetary.org... for details. I teach economics; for a 5-page briefing paper with historic reference to America’s brightest minds in the past on this subject, read The Heart of Economics at classlink.lcusd.net... .

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
cant see it being passed but i hope he dont get shot as well for standing his ground maybe we all should stand behind him on this one and make sure our voices are heard

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Go RP! I'm hoping that enough Congressmen/women are disgusted enough with the present situation to get behind RP to support this. The man is a pioneer, you have to admit.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join