It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Population Rising 10 Times Faster Than Rest of the UK

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Ashley,

Your comment befour you deleted it was going on about Christian missionaries....

At what point as a white (born) Protestant am i worthy of putting down Christo missionaries?

As far as i had noticed, nothing in the whole thread mentioned Missionaries until you brought them into the conversation...... Why im not sure!

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Hello agent dooper,

I see you're in another muslim related thread. Good for you

militant Islam you say? .. and how much of a percentage of muslims in the whole world make up these mythical alleged militants?

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Phoenix, I would like to go on record here and state emphatically that extreme Islam is not a problem in Morocco. Morocco is a great nation, with friendly, pious people.

When I speak of militant Islam, we've all seen exactly where these guys originate, where they exist, and what they teach.

So Phoenix, when I speak of Islam, I speak of the threat of militant Islam, that is far more reaching that the more civilized people of Morocco.

My personal apologies to you if you took offense to my generalizations.

No offence taken!

Your right extremist militant islam is a threat to the entire world including muslims. How much of a threat is up to debate.

Some people seem to forget about the civilized muslims, and I think that's a shame. These extremists make life harder for all of us.

Thanks for your post, I respect your views, some I disagree with, but thanks for this post!

Peace.

[edit on 2-2-2009 by _Phoenix_]
Thread got closed haha.
Edit:
By the way if anyone tries using a satellite to recieve arabic channels, it can be pretty cool to see the other side to arab etc countries. Watch arabic drama, music, comedies, quiz shows etc. It really helps show another side to reality, which is healthy.

Also there are some Islam channels you can find. For example Islam channel is pretty cool. Lot's of talk shows and muslims phoning in talking about their opinions on subjects etc. It's really helps to hear about real muslims views etc.

For example couple of days ago I was watching a show with muslims phoning in about their opinion on nationalism. A few mentioned how they think nationalism can be wrong if they get too serious, and it's not good to seperate yourself from others for example, not good to be too proud and arrogant etc. It's pretty nice to hear peoples opinions. Some of course I don't agree with, because everyone has individual opinions. That's why they debate on the show.

Here's a sample of the channel.
Outlandish(music group) is on the show for charity for kids around the world. You can see an example of nice muslims here haha(they do exist
) talking about how nice it is to live in a good country and how unlucky some people are, that's what the charity is about.

[edit on 2-2-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Master Shen long
Your comment befour you deleted it was going on about Christian missionaries....

Incorrect. It had one sentence fragment in paragraphs about missionaries as a side note and was dealing with a thread trashing missionaries and accusing them of destroying cultures.

As far as i had noticed, nothing in the whole thread mentioned Missionaries until you brought them into the conversation...... Why im not sure!

That's why I removed it. Because I was ranting completely off topic.

And I probably shouldn't comment again to this thread. I'm not adding anything remotely constructive.
Sorry. I'm just exhausted.

[edit on 2/2/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by deenamarie53

Originally posted by deenamarie53
"Mythical militants"? Where have you been lately that you've remained unawares?

I live in Saudi Arabia, the so called base of terrorists

Second line.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
It appears that some may not have read our "manners and decorum" policy. This thread has devolved from a discussion of an inaccurate piece of research to baiting and namecalling, with a number of one-liners tagged with cutesie "second line" or "this is not a one-liner" to apparently make it moderation-safe.

If you have forgotten ATS policies, please take a moment to review the "Manners and Decorum" thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Meanwhile, this thread will be closed for 24 hours.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join