It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your personality type? (Myers-Briggs)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by cropmuncher
reply to post by Electro38

Hiya mate, mainly recording side - studio stuff, computer based side of things although plenty of the performing/composing side too.

Very nice.
I started out making custom guitars and accessories, then midi/synth stuff and now getting into software development.

Good luck with your work.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
My type is ISTJ - Guardian™ Portrait of the Inspector.

After reading the analysis and temperament description, I suppose it could be me. Actually, after reading the temperament description for a second time, I would say it is me, barr a point or two. But then I'm sure the others could also be representative of myself depending on a given moment...although I do like the idea of being a guardian!

There is one part I do agree with though, and that's "just the facts, Ma'am."

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

I think the better tests are actually designed to account for things like overthinking – a specialty of mine too

But it's true that if you only weakly express a characteristic, you may sometimes flip to the other side (weakly). So even though most of the time I test as INTP, I have tested as INFP and INTJ.

I even once tested as ISTP, but that was on a dating site. Apparently sex is the only thing that I do in my body instead of in my head

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
ISTP The Craftsman
Introverted Sensing Thinking Perceiving
67 25 75 56

Pretty accurate.
Bruce Lee, Michael Jordan, Woody Allen, Alan Shepard, Chuck Yaeger, Michael Douglas, Lance Armstrong, and Kathrine Hephurn are examples of Crafter Artisans.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Your Type is 'The inspirer'

ENFP
Extraverted Intuitive Feeling Perceiving
Strength of the preferences %
11 38 88 22

Apparantly I make a good teacher, actor, musician and bizzarly I do all three, teacher by day singer/songwriter by night. I also was very involved in the local drama group before I had kids!!

[edit on 31-1-2009 by starseedz]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Just had my fiance take the quiz, he's E 44 N 50 F 38 J 1

Many ENFJs have tremendous power to manipulate others with their phenomenal interpersonal skill...Like their INFJ cousins, ENFJs are blessed through introverted intuition with clarity of perception in the inner, unconscious world
Sensing is extraverted. ENFJs can manage details, particularly those necessary to implement the prevailing vision.

I've been telling him for months that he has so much untapped energy just sitting inside him making him angry, he finds comfort with the norm and when things start making sense that don't fit into his "norm" he freaks out and closes in on himself, the ENFJ is also called "The Sage"...lol even now he's in denial of it all saying ti doesn't describe him one bit, even though I see EXACTLY where it makes sense haha.

so we have INFP Healer and ENFJ Sage

[edit on 31-1-2009 by bandaidctrl]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I feel good knowing there are so many INTPs here!

I take this test every few months. I'm always a solid INTP, but not as strong in some categories as I am today. Does my test result vary based on amount of coffee consumed and time of the day?

INTP
Introverted 100% Intuitive56% Thinking 100% Perceiving 44%

If anyone is looking for a person to go live and work on Mars, drop me a line!

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Originally posted by Spiramirabilis
reply to post by plutoxgirl

I just get strong Aquarian vibes from you!- (but this without taking into account your avatar or your personality type).

I think you should give it a go with Astrology... don't worry about the math... it's all about "decodification" of the self

Thxs for that link btw!- I'll watch it

You said: "I think it may be why people LOVE stuff like this - the personality tests - and astrology - it's hard to see ourselves objectively sometimes - and it's always interesting to get some sort of confirmation - or explanation"

I agree with this. But I think, it also has to do with being part of something bigger.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

would've guessed you were an INTP American (can't bring myself to call you dingbat) :-)

I think you're right - shadow personalities maybe - or auxiliary personalities

and different situations call for different approaches - kind of a fan of an MPD approach to figuring us all out (but without having to use the word disorder)

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Introverted - 89% intuitive - 50% Feeling - 12% Judging -1%

Pretty much is true, from what i said

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by plutoxgirl
And yes there's def a correlation btw the personality types and astrology.

Would you mind expanding on that a little? If you don't want to do in the thread its fine to U2U me if you like.

The reason I'm asking, I'm INFP as I said. I don't have the #'s in front of me in the morning - but I was in the 80%'s for the "I".

I'm also a Leo. A quite lion? Does that fit?

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
ENTJ

Assertive and outspoken - they are driven to lead. Excellent ability to understand difficult organizational problems and create solid solutions. Intelligent and well-informed, they usually excel at public speaking. They value knowledge and competence, and usually have little patience with inefficiency or disorganization.

Famous people of your particular type
Napoleon, Franklin D. Roosevelt , Mark Anthony, Sean Connery, Madonna, Yulia Tymoshenko

Most suitable careers:
Management in Business or Education
Military Education
Politics

I am about to graduate with a degree in Business Administration, glad to see I made the right decision

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I just get strong Aquarian vibes from you!

not me - but a high percentage of my friends are - my closest friends

it's actually one of the reasons I am very interested in this - certain patterns keep repeating - I have to wonder why

you could maybe argue that it's just a random amount of people I know that coincidentally share the same sign -

but the thing that's interesting is I always manage to find out a persons sign one way or another - even if I have to embarrass myself (which is often) - because I am that curious about it - and if I look at anything that qualifies as a relationship - personal or professional - or whatever - there are certain things that keep showing up

how could that not be interesting? :-)

I'd be willing to bet it's the same with Meyers Briggs

...But I think, it also has to do with being part of something bigger.

definitely

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I'm an INFP. I got to take the test for free in the military, but they said that it norally cost like $150, so i don't know if that one would be differnt from the online one. I can't read about it now but i will tell you guys if it fits e tomorrow.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

Hey my fellow INFP =)

sure, check your U2Us-

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I was a psych minor in college. This test is pretty bunk unless the person taking is completely unobservant or drunk.

I've taken it multiple times and each time before sitting down to it I decided I how I wanted it to come out and when done I had made the test give me the "score" I was planning for.

Maybe the results of children are more valid.

This test was coincidentally one of the reasons I dropped psych as a major and accepted it as a minor. The field is total BS. No offense to any shrinks in the room.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis
reply to post by americandingbat

would've guessed you were an INTP American (can't bring myself to call you dingbat) :-)

I think you're right - shadow personalities maybe - or auxiliary personalities

and different situations call for different approaches - kind of a fan of an MPD approach to figuring us all out (but without having to use the word disorder)

You can call me Ding, that's what a lot of the other fighters do, or ADB.

American's okay too, but there are other AmericanSuchAndSuches around.

And agreed – not a surprise at all to find we share Myers-Briggs characteristics

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Mine was INTJ did not copy numbers, but said computer programmer, that's what did in previous life.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
ENTJ
Extraverted 33%
Intuitive 88%
Thinking 25%
Judging 44%

moderately expressed extravert
very expressed intuitive personality
moderately expressed thinking personality
moderately expressed judging personality

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:36 PM