It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weather Ch. Founder: The Amazing Story Behind The Global Warming Scam

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Irony of it all is I can just see down the road meters hooked to every person so every time we breath they will measure the amount of carbon put off and tax us that way.

But that won't be enough. So then the govt. will require all people to have O2 tanks and masks 24/7 maybe by that time a highly advanced OBOGS/MSOGS system to avoid the big tanks to keep from letting off carbon. Oh and all that is taxed not only the rate at which we exhale but the amount of carbon off gassed by the system even though it is just off gassing the carbon it took in from the outside air to convert into O2.

Then realizing that O2 is not 100% only 99.5% the rest is water vapor, argon, co2 and Nit. so they then add a tax to the co2 emissions from the O2 system.

If they were to tax carbon, I would then charge them for the amount of non-carbon I breath out to off set the tax and call it an anti-global warming procedure and write off the carbon. Might go to jail but hey won't have to pay the stupid tax either.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297

Originally posted by Maxmars
Too late.

Can you see the logic? Pay a carbon tax and you 'save' the planet. Oh yeah. That makes sense.

Sure, and when the earth/sun cycle eventually plays out, they'll say "WE Did It!"

Or find a new scam. Water, food, oil, radiation, internet blogs?

star4u

jw

Can anyone say Apocalypto?

Look we appeased the Sun God with these human sacrifices!

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by jdposey
Yes, Al Gore was in Washington, D.C. yesterday, slushing through the ice and snow , on his way to convince everyone that the world was warming at a drastic rate.

[snip]

Man, words cannot fully describe how much I loathe Gore- no doubt he flys on a scale that the average person could not comprehend, has numerous cars and a huge house- the hypocrisy would be funny if these fruitbats weren't taken seriously by politicians

Mod Edit - removed uncessary statement.

[edit on 30-1-2009 by elevatedone]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by treemanx

Originally posted by stikkinikki

www.snopes.com...

If you think Al Gore is a champion for fighting against global warming, take a look at this link! He's in it for the money, folks, and here's the proof.

The link you provide compares GW Bush's house and Al Gore's house.

It does not prove "he's in it for the money". It proves he's a hypocrite and that's it.

If you wish to discuss science and reason please use science and reason in your arguments.

[edit on 1/29/09 by stikkinikki]

Lets see here, Ill try and break this down into science and reason for you....

Al Gore cares SO-O-O-O much about the environment, that hes willing to make the hard sacrifices of spending only a mere $2400.00 a month on electricity and nat. gas, instead of his normal $3400.00. He has made so much money off of DUPES that buy into his garbage, so he can afford to scale his mansion needs back a little bit, thus reducing his carbon footprint.

Give us a break man, if this guys lies were a rattlesnake, it would have bit your a** by now. How bout this.... Lets take a step back and look at the bigger picture here.

Al Gore is making a very good living from his environmentalist work, right? Dont you think if he cared so much about what he believes is ruining our planet, that he himself would make the changes in his lifestyle to 'do his part?' Im sorry, but if he really believed his own words he wouldnt live like he does.

Yes, this makes him a hypocrite, but it also shows his personal feelings on the subject of global warming. If thats not enough proof for you that hes only in it for the money, then you must be waiting for the only other thing that could prove it. Which would be....He holds a press conference and tells everyone, "I dont really care about the environment, its a money making scheme."

Heres your sign man.

Colorful explanation that mirrors what another poster already responded to me with. I can sense a lot of emotion but I must reiterate, the one link that you provided in your original post does not prove that Al Gore is "in it for the money" TO ME. Have you asked Al Gore why he made his movie? Can you read his mind?

This Weather Channel guy pops up from time to time. He is old school and thinks the younger guys with that sit behind their computers don't know Jack Squat because they are not up in planes doing things the old fashioned way. Meterology is only one scientific pursuit out of many that are related to climate change.

Keep investigating, keep learning and do not hold onto beliefs for fear of being wrong. This is what I practice and I am open to being swayed in my position on human affected climate change.

**PS: wunderground.com and accuweather.com blow the weather channel out of the water.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by Bimbo
Very learned (that's two syllables for those moving their mouths along while reading).

Brand new here and already sounding sooooo arrogant and perhaps elitist, if you read the rest of bimbo's post. Otherwise, it was just a classic "shoot the messenger" deflection attempt.

I just wish I was as coveted by the Pope as you Centurion so I could inquisite the Spanish too, but alas I am, as you say, brand new here.

I have not yet taken the pill that makes me believe whatever any 74 year old former "At the hop" bandstand master says on the Internet about climate change.

I'm sure that will come in time, as it apparently has to you.

[edit on 30-1-2009 by Bimbo]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I just wish I was as coveted by the Pope as you Centurion so I could inquisite the Spanish too, but alas I am, as you say, brand new here.

I have not yet taken the pill that makes me believe whatever any 74 year old former "At the hop" bandstand master says on the Internet about climate change.

I'm sure that will come in time, as it apparently has to you.

Id much rather listen to a man who lives in a house that is bigger than some african villages

AL GORE, DO AS HE SAYS, NOT AS HE DOES

[edit on 30-1-2009 by blueorder]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by stander

Originally posted by Keyhole
But what it says is that since 1750, carbon dioxide has increased 104 parts per MILLION in out atmosphere!

It has gone from 280 ppm from the pre-industrial era to 387 ppm today!

We're talking 387 parts of CO2 out of 1,000,000! (.41 hundredths of one percent)

No, we are talking 38.21% increase in CO2 level in the atmosphere since the pre-industrial age.

You call 38.27% increase "a mere rise?"

Yup!

It's still only 41/100ths of 1 percent of everything that's in our atmosphere!
(41/100ths of 1% per MILLION)

And if it went from 1 part per MILLION to 2 parts per million it would be a 100% increase.

We're still talking a minuscule part of our atmosphere.

[edit on 1/30/2009 by Keyhole]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead
reply to post by Bimbo

Bimbo,

Welcome to ATS.

Thanks, I'm starting to get it.

So once you debunk something, dozens more posters pile on responding to the headline only, having never read anything in the actual thread?

Wow, it's like some odd writers guild in WarCraft where reading is forbidden.

I heart the Internet.

This thread is populated by people with opinions on both sides of the issue.
It will blow the AGW position "clean off."
In all the exchange, I kind of lost count how many opinions or facts or sources you've offered to "debunk" or support anythong.
So, you need to ask yourself: "Do I have anything of substance to contribute."
So, do you, Bimbo? Debunk or support something.

jw

[edit on 30-1-2009 by jdub297]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   

So, do you, Bimbo? Debunk or support something.

jw

Sure. I know a really old guy that thinks he has to play the banjo everyday before his noon Mountain Dew or the world ends.

My irrational, non-scientific source is as good as yours.

There's nothing here to argue my friend. It's a headline about a dementia candidate every real scientist in the world disagrees with.

Have fun with that.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I studied a lot of Howard Becker in school and while my studies critically reviewed much of his work, i still found it to be more along my own disposition. I also think Gore read some of it and really took this idea to heart.

en.wikipedia.org...(sociology)

McCarthyism comes in many flavors... what will it taste like this year?

edit: typos... they are out to get me i swear

[edit on 30-1-2009 by Unnoan]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   

WOW....That was extremely cynical Bimbo. By the way, you do realize, that election was a couple of years ago.....right?

And JUST like I said, gas will now go to $4 a gallon until Democratic control.

Oh, that happened already and OPEC got scared and it went down again?

JUST LIKE I SAID.

No, in reality (you should visit once in a while), gas prices went up $.07 in the first 4 days of the BHO administration, and are still rising.

See, his administration's energy policy is now led by a man who has "nightmares about coal," and who believes that American gasoline prices should be "more in line with European pricing," and that our electric rates are "grossly low" in light of the global marketplace. Sec. Chu's Energy department has given the"GREEN" light for citizens to be raped over energy.

If you know otherwise, give me the address of the place you gas up your Hummer.

deny ignorance
jw

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   

No, in reality (you should visit once in a while), gas prices went up $.07 in the first 4 days of the BHO administration, and are still rising.

Wow, so that's what? $2.25 less a gallon than under Bush last summer?

I, uh, see your point.

Keep jawbonin'

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

They make adult diapers for that.

[snip]

Of course, they take a thousand years to biodegrade, but that should give you enough time to learn that climate change isn't just about warming, it's about extremes.

"GLOBAL WARMING" now rebranded as "CLIMATE CHANGE"- hah yeah, and maybe in a thousand years you will learn that the climate will be "EXTREME" regardless of Al Gore and his lackies

Mod Edit- removed unecessary quoted material.

[edit on 30-1-2009 by elevatedone]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

I think your views on the politics involved are right on point.

Funny how this ("climate change) issue has for 30+ years been driven by politicians before scientists come in (after grant money, perhaps), only to see the scientists start to drop by the wayside when their credibility is lost and deceptions exposed (see, e.g., James Hansen).

Makes me wonder if the issue itself has "cycles" as the climate does?

Do you know if someone has done any type of historical survey back to the Phoenicians and Sumerians (since that's where writing began) to see how often and in which direction climatic calamity has driven or been driven by political opinion?

Would that be a topic for ATS Scholars to consider?

I don't always agree with your opinions, but appreciate your analysis and objectivity in general.

star4u

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by audas
There are no hundreds of thousands of scientists who disagree with this, only some looney from some random station who founded a weather channel that has no association with him any more - and these are the scientists you rely on.

Here is a challenge - go a find some CREDIBLE scientists from some CREDIBLE institutions and present their findings on this issue.

Stop dragging up loooons as evidence, its worse than having to debate creationists......

I've offered a list of peer reviewed articles and a source for many others. The quote was "hundreds or thousands," and they are listed as well. The list grows by the day.

Please take a minute to review the other threads on this topic that provide the evidence you seek but cannot find. It is here. There are none so blind as they who will not see.

Please help yourself, it's free. I will not spoon feed everyone who starves for information if they haven't gone into the garden themselves first.

In fact, in this thread alone you will find links that will answer every one of your questions. (and burst your bubbles too, for there are briars in the garden that AGW acolytes must avoid)

Go now. Hurry. It's getting hotter while you dawdle.

deny ignorance

jw

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unnoan
I studied a lot of Howard Becker in school and while my studies critically reviewed much of his work, i still found it to be more along my own disposition. I also think Gore read some of it and really took this idea to heart.

That's why I wonder if this type of occurrence can be traced back through history. In my lifetime, there've been "climate" cycles, "economic" cycles, and "awareness" cycles.

Social entrepreneurs appear so often it leads me to believe that as weather patterns, or economic conditions, or spiritual consciousness change, there must have arisen advocates and "movements" for all of them.

In this context, I'm curious whether weather (??) has seen this over the past couple millennia.

good point/post.

star4u

deny ignorance

jw

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join