It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weather Ch. Founder: The Amazing Story Behind The Global Warming Scam

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chuffer
Artic was hot as hell. A fossilised Turtle found at the North Pole proves the area was once warm and tropical say experts. The American team made the breakthrough after finding the remains of the Asian Turtle in Northern Canada. Scientist John Tarduno said: It must have migrated across the ice free pole.

Who would have thought the North Pole free of ice, yet the AGW loonies are using this as their Holy Grail about rising sea levels etc

Chuffer

Ouch! I say this in sympathy with what I will try and explain. And I hope you don't get your feelings hurt. Lots of people haven't taken Geology, or earth science. But you are tackling the findings of thousands of Climatologists -- so we all knew it was an uphill, David vs. Goliath kind of battle.

Did you know that what is the "North Pole" is a land mass that moved, don't you? The land up there isn't the same land...

Yes, it used to be tropical -- but not at the North Pole. The mass of land moved from a tropical location, and slowly formed ice on top as it moved more and more to the North. Finding tropical animals and plants under glaciers was what got the theory of tectonic plates and continental drift started in the first place... You just rediscovered something that Geologists figured out about 170 years ago.

It's no wonder science can't prove to some people about Global Warming.
Dynamic Earth-Plate Tectonics

www.johnsjar.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

You do know that the last letter like this sent to the UN, had MORE names on it.

However, a lot of people who found that they signed it, protested the letter and claimed they never signed it.

One person who did not sign it, was put on three times, with different derivations of their names.

Meteorologists and Physics professors, while smart, are not qualified to submit on the topic of Climate Change.

>> Maybe they learned something this time, and actually found people to sign the letter, before sending it. Who really knows? If you rinse, repeat, rinse -- eventually, the ideas may stick.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

Meteorologists and Physics professors, while smart, are not qualified to submit on the topic of Climate Change.

Don't trust your new Energy Sec.? Thank goodness for your insight!

California's farms and vineyards could vanish by the end of the century, and its major cities could be in jeopardy, if Americans do not act to slow the advance of global warming, Secretary of Energy Steven Chu said Tuesday.

In his first interview since taking office last month, the Nobel-prize-winning physicist offered some of the starkest comments yet on how seriously President Obama's cabinet views the threat of climate change, along with a detailed assessment of the administration's plans to combat it.

L.A. Times: www.latimes.com...

Steven ("I have nightmares about coal") Chu is about to assist BHO in raising gasoline, electricity and commodity prices for everyone. He is on the record saying that American gas prices need to rise to EU levels, electricity is too cheap, and that cap and trade won't affect costs to consumers.

Chu is not a climate scientist. He won his Nobel for work trapping atoms with laser light.

L.A. Times, above.

So, if meteorologists and physicists aren't good enough for you, how do you explain BHO's decision making? Or is it your's that's questionable?

deny ignorants

jw

[edit on 4-2-2009 by jdub297]

[edit on 4-2-2009 by jdub297]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
These experts don't know for sure. We humans don't always get it right. It is just who believes we are causing the warming or is just something that we can't do anything about. Delima!

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Who's Lying? A Simple Tale Of Unbiased Global Warming Facts

By Ed Ward, MD
educate-yourself.org...
February 24, 2007

Who's Lying? A Simple Tale Of Unbiased Global Warming Facts (Feb. 24, 2007)

www.thepriceofliberty.org...

The climate involves many facets of complex science and those wishing to mislead for blood money are more than happy to make it even more technical if it supports their uncaring, greedy and biased objectives. The objective of this article is to find the unbiased truth in a format that most can understand.

No one knows every minuscule aspect of what produces our climate, but the major reactants are known. Almost all of the references are from studies that are unrelated to Earth's industrial global warming and are almost universally accepted.

While researching our solar systems three CO2 planets' atmospheres and temperatures, Johnson's

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by VitriolAndAngst

Originally posted by Chuffer
Artic was hot as hell. A fossilised Turtle found at the North Pole proves the area was once warm and tropical say experts. The American team made the breakthrough after finding the remains of the Asian Turtle in Northern Canada. Scientist John Tarduno said: It must have migrated across the ice free pole.

Who would have thought the North Pole free of ice, yet the AGW loonies are using this as their Holy Grail about rising sea levels etc

Chuffer

Ouch! I say this in sympathy with what I will try and explain. And I hope you don't get your feelings hurt. Lots of people haven't taken Geology, or earth science. But you are tackling the findings of thousands of Climatologists -- so we all knew it was an uphill, David vs. Goliath kind of battle.

Did you know that what is the "North Pole" is a land mass that moved, don't you? The land up there isn't the same land...

Yes, it used to be tropical -- but not at the North Pole. The mass of land moved from a tropical location, and slowly formed ice on top as it moved more and more to the North. Finding tropical animals and plants under glaciers was what got the theory of tectonic plates and continental drift started in the first place... You just rediscovered something that Geologists figured out about 170 years ago.

It's no wonder science can't prove to some people about Global Warming.
Dynamic Earth-Plate Tectonics

www.johnsjar.com...

No offense taken m8, I was just reiterating the story and yes I do know about land masses moving but I'm more of a Velikovsky man when it comes to this sort of thing. I don't believe it happens as slowly as some think.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by VitriolAndAngstDid you know that what is the "North Pole" is a land mass that moved, don't you? The land up there isn't the same land...

Nah ah ahhh. Hold it right there Sherman. Get out your geography book and turn to the index under "N."

Sorry. Nope. There is no land mass at the North Pole. It covers water.
Hence the name, "Arctic Ocean."

Nope, no glaciers or mountains up North. The Nautilus and Skate, U.S. submarines have travelled under the Pole!

You shouldn't be telling people to take geography lessons if you don't know your own.

This is precisely the type of crap driving AGW hysteria.

As far as landmass movement, no plate tectonics authority woth credibility has ever postulated that land moved to or from the Pole. The pole's location however shifts over time. The magnetic pole is known to have reversed on several occasions. As the inner and outer core vary in their rotation (and other unknown factors), the magneitc pole varies considerably. We are due for a change right now.

As far as geographic poles go, the Earth's wobble causes "True North" to change as well although over much greater time periods than the magnetic pole. In about 10,000 years, Polaris will no longer be the "North Star." Not because the 'land' moved, but because the Earth did!

deny ignorants
jw

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join