It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weather Ch. Founder: The Amazing Story Behind The Global Warming Scam

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
You Americans should think yourselves lucky....for now. You don't have any of these contraptions running around: www.dailymail.co.uk...

The lunatics really are in charge of the asylum!!!

On a more serious note read this:

The warmists are getting desperate. As their edifice of "global warming" crumbles like ice sheets calving in the summer, they have gathered their forces and summoned up the remaining tatters of their credibility, assaulting what they feel an insult to their creed - the obstinate refusal of the Antarctic to warm up.

As recorded by Booker today, they have secreted a "paper" into their propaganda sheet, the Nature magazine, claiming that, contrary to all previous evidence, Antarctica is indeed warming up.

In a carefully planned coup, they then spread their tidings of joy to the believers through their media groupies in the BBC and elsewhere. The news had Newsweek's Sharon Begley, whooping with joy, crowing that this would really be one in the eye for the "deniers" and "contrarians".

The study, however, from a team led by Professor Eric Steig, immediately began to attract a good deal of attention from real experts. They quickly found that the conclusions had been produced by yet another computer model. This one relied on combining the satellite evidence since 1979 with temperature readings from surface weather stations.

The problem the Steigists were confronting was the irritating shortage of weather stations in Antarctica. But, with their magic computer, using an equally mysterious formula, they have conjured up "estimates" to fill in the blanks left by the missing stations. By this magical, mystery process they have managed to show that, if there had been ground stations present, they would have shown that the continent was warming and not cooling - thereby completely contradicting the real data produced by satellite.

Even then, they are struggling, their alchemy stopping short of producing huge leaps. All they have managed to do is come up with a 50-years increase of just one degree Fahrenheit, smaller than the margin of error which they allocate to their own work.

But, while they have been able to rely on their media groupies to lap it up, they have not been able to convince their own. One of the first to express astonishment was Dr Kenneth Trenberth, a senior scientist with the UN's Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) and a convinced believer. He wryly observed "it is hard to make data where none exists".

Actually, it isn't - not when one of your team is Michael Mann, author of the infamous "hockey stick", someone who has made a career out of inventing and then manipulating data. He is the "scientist" who, at the behest of the IPCC, managed to lose the Medieval Warm Period.

Another disbelieving scientist is Ross Hayes, an atmospheric scientist who has often visited the Antarctic for Nasa. He sent Professor Steig a caustic email ending: "with statistics you can make numbers go to any conclusion you want. It saddens me to see members of the scientific community do this for media coverage."

The fact, though - says Booker, that Dr Mann is again behind the new study on Antarctica is, alas, all part of an ongoing pattern. But this will not prevent the paper being cited ad nauseam by everyone from the BBC to Al Gore, when he shortly addresses the US Senate and carries on advising President Obama behind the scenes on how to roll back that "spectre of a warming planet".

Therein lies the problem. Idiot politicians unthinkingly imbibe a creed, the scientific credentials of which wouldn't even pass muster amid a gang of Druids praying to their Sun God, or whatever it is they do. Until these politicians finally wake up to how they have been duped, what threatens to become the most costly flight from reality in history will continue to roll remorselessly on its way.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Everybody is gonna bitch as they pass another stick it up your ass law.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
UFO's exist. Corruption and conspiracy are rampant. Our civil rights are in peril.

I'm with you on all of that.

Nevertheless, Global Warming is a human induced reality that will cause incalculable destruction if allowed to continue.

Al Gore is a spokesman, not a scientist. He does not claim to discovered the problem. He is reporting what the VAST majority of climate scientists have confirmed.

Notice that most of the people on this forum who doubt the human influence on global warming can't spell or put together a sentence. These are not educated people.

People who are concerned about global warming support decentralized energy sources, which means that we can make our energy locally, without dependence on huge energy companies.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Question:

Would you rather have all the money in the whole world... and no world to live on,
Or a planet to live on, and pay some taxes to ensure that we continue to have this precious rock to live on?

Just wondering.
Also, it's global climate change, not global warming.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sadisticwoman

You said, "Would you rather have all the money in the whole world... and no world to live on,
Or a planet to live on, and pay some taxes to ensure that we continue to have this precious rock to live on? "

This is what we call a false choice. Since there is no "Global Warming" actually taking place, then there is no threat of "destroying the planet".

By the way, what is the "optimum" temperature that the Earth should be?

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Couldn't agree more C02 just one of the least harmful gases released into the environment. Global warming and cooling is a perfectly natural thing to happen to the earth, and the fuss over it is only made worse by people higher up. This business of the sea level rising is also a lod of rubbish to. But this should not put us off using fossil fuels more efficiently.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by A State Of Mind

You said, "(Again apologies for the lack of detail but please understand there are quite severe laws when it comes to slander against people or companies and the person I'm talking about has had to build his reputation on impartiality."

Then don't slander them.

Also, don't hide behind your "fear" of prosecution under a liable law, and use it as a lame excuse for not posting proof of your claims.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by sadisticwoman
Question:

Would you rather have all the money in the whole world... and no world to live on,
Or a planet to live on, and pay some taxes to ensure that we continue to have this precious rock to live on?

Just wondering.
Also, it's global climate change, not global warming.

What would you rather, to pay to live on a planet you where born on?
or live on it free like every other animal on it?

and why is it now called "Climate change" and not Global warming ?

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Sorry to skim the thread, but Global, man-made warming is a hoax, when we realize that we as a race, do have an effect, and can say so without the scare tactics, then we may get somewhere.
In the meantime, AlGore and his ilk are turning alot of people off with the scare tactics as reefer madness did in the early 50's.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chuffer
You Americans should think yourselves lucky....for now. You don't have any of these contraptions running around: www.dailymail.co.uk...

The lunatics really are in charge of the asylum!!!

I feel for you all!

What a bunch of BS!

Why don't they make the energy providers supply "cleaner" energy?

Why not tell them that "THEY" need to start changing things?

But that's just out of the question!

Can't expect a big company (ie, electric company) to have to come in line with new policies that are suppose to cut down the pollution that "THEY" are putting out!

They have to go after "the liitle guy" for MAKING THEM (the energy/electric companies) create the pollution that their plants make!

Ridiculous!

If I buy a product from any other company (some kind of chemical cleaner or something for example), do/will I get charged extra, or fined, because the government has found that the company may have been polluting the environment?!

If I could switch to a cleaner source of electric, I would, just like I'm sure many people would!

But how many options do they allow the consumer to have?

Usually there is only one electric company to choose from in an area and people just can't afford to install solar or wind power in their homes or even "tighten" their homes up in these economically trying times!!

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Just a heads up for all of you out there, Don't be fooled because you are having a cold winter??

There are only to temputures in the world that need to be noticed and they are the North and South poles, Dont want to worry anyone but these two temps are on the rise and at a rate that will scare the hell out of anyone that has being paying attension of this..

Lets see what happens to all your ice and snow when summer comes????

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Hahaha I knew it was all a bunch of bullhokey.

"Need Money? Get global warming. The best way to increase taxes, and get away with it."

I'm with the people that say its Earth natural stage. Or
b: Some weird guy up above has pulled out some playing cards.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Well, the temperature rises in the South Pole region have already been debunked in this thread. It seems that the "data" is based on phoney weather stations that were created in a computer simulation model. Even then the level of increase was within the margin of error.

When I was in college science classes, if I had turned in a lab report based on phoney data and then drew conclusions that were within the margin of error, I would have received an F.

I would like to point out that it is currently summer at the South Pole. So, if there is any loss of glacial ice, this is prime time to find it. Problem is, the Antarctic ice sheets are thickening.

North Polar ice really makes no difference at all, since it is ice that is floating on the surface. So, it has no impact on world sea levels. Also, the water temperature at the North Pole is very nearly at the freezing point. The temperature of the ice is only a few degrees colder. The presence or absence of North Polar ice is not a very good indicator of temperature trends.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
All this rubbish about climate change caused by man is so annoying, yes lets use recources wisely, but quit the whole human impact rubbish.

we are currently having a heat wave in the south of Australia, the last time temps where this high was in the 1800's, yes the 1800's, so please explain human interference in that temperature over 100 years ago.
did we have a really bad horse and cart day?
we have even had ice burgs floating past new zealand in 2006 and reports are that the last time that was seen was June 1931, again around 70 years ago, and there are probably reports from further back than that.

so please tell me why I should believe Al Gore who is making money from this?
please tell me why I should believe the goverment who use this as a political platform?
and please tell me why I should believe the so called researchers who recieve more grants the worse the scenario looks.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I really don't care about if it is or not responsible for the Global Warming, but is about time to search for more reliable and clean energy sources with less environmental impact.

It may not cause Global Warming but it does screw with the air we breath and create that ugly smog that prevent us from seeing the horizon and those are enough reasons for me to want something new.

The problem is that everyone tries to get attention by going for extremes looking at only one end of the story. While one says it's the cause of the end of the world the other say it's harmless and we should keep as it is.

One question that no one asks is the real propose of the oil being underground in the first place and what happens when you drain everything leaving a huge empty space underground?

Nature hardly does anything without a pretty good reason.

Do they know for sure that the underground oil don't play it's part on some sort of shield for the Earth's core against solar radiation and what a knots? I doubt they do.

So I would say; don't mess with nature and specially with things that you don't fully comprehend their long term impact.

New energy sources are welcome, new energy sources for transportation are more than welcome.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Bimbo

You sound like you believe in CO2 caused Global Warming.

If that is the case may I suggest you listen to some of the
top Phds that made the show The Great Global Warming Swindle.

The Great Global Warming Swindle

Based on the ice core samples its been warmer, and CO2 has been
a lot higher.

The increase in CO2 lags the temp increase by 8 centuries based
on the ice core data.

Al Gore and crew are just pan handlers.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Like I have stated countless times before, I am COMPLETELY, 100% for Conservation. I myself have gone out with groups and picked up trash from roadsides numerous times over the Years, I have contributed Money towards Conservation Funds, and I have even "Adopted" Endangered Animals in the hope that I might facilitate the Improvement of their Care and Protection.

With that being said however, I am becoming an ever increasing Critic towards the idea of "Human Induced Global Warming".

I launched a Research Project into this theory over 10 years Ago, when the idea was at what I thought then a Mainstream Point in Fact, but it was in all actuality at a Point of Pure Science, Not Politicized Pseudo-Science, such as it is now. I conducted my Research with well respected Climatologists, via the United States Geological Survey (I have been to their Headquarters quite often as well). At that particular point in time, I did in fact find what seemed to be a correlation between Rising Global Temperatures, and Rising CO2 Levels in the Earth's Atmosphere. These Measurements are taken atop Mauna Loa on the Big Island of Hawaii, and it is considered one of the Cleanest, most Constant Atmospheric Environments on Earth.

The problem with such Measurements however, are that they only represent a relatively Small Portion of the Globe, and they have only been Accurately Recorded for a Relatively Short Period of Time. The GREATEST Problem however is that before the PROPER Scientific Pursuit of Analysis and Research could be implemented in regards to such, the Political Hacks in Washington, D.C. took over. These Bureaucrats turned Science on its head, and took hold of an issue with which they could set forth an Agenda based Platform for Election based Purposes. The Mainstream Media, being a mostly Liberal grouping of Organizations and People, soon followed suit.

Now, after having continued to follow this purported theory, a much larger picture has come to light. For one, the Solar System is currently going through a period of Solar differentiation. The Sun is currently at a Solar Minimum which has not been seen since NASA SAT based Observations first started. It went Months without Sun Spots this past August/September, and in correlation to such, certain Helio Astronomers have concluded (through various Observation based Studies), that in such times the Solar based Gamma Ray Output actually Increases. Gamma Rays are a Form of Radiation, and, as we know, Radiation Warms Up Environments (Think of a Microwave Cooking Food). AT the same time, the Sun's Heliosphere, which is a "Force Field" that Protects our Solar System from Background Radiation (Emanating from Distant Stars, Suns, Supernovas, The "Big Bang", Black holes, etc.), has weakened by an entire 25%!!! This in turn allows for more Background Radiation to seep into and nearer to the Inner Parts of our Solar System (i.e., Earth). Mars was Warming as well, as it faced a Recession in regards to its North Polar Ice Cap.

NOW, without going into the entire Theory, I can strongly put forth the Observation that any "Warming", or Notable Variations we do in Fact Face in regards to our Climate, are all due to Space based Environmental Alterations.

Look at the facts though folks, Antarctica is now witnessing the Coldest Temperatures they have experienced in 1,500 Years! This correlates EXACTLY with the idea of a Space Based Phenomenon, and if the Northern Polar Region has even warmed Slightly at the same time, then this is further Evidence of Such.

You have to also remember the Cyclic Variations in Earth's Oceanic Currents, and Atmospheric Jet Stream, which dictate Climate Patterns more than any Manmade Factor ever could.

BTW, Astronomers just witnessed a Snow Storm on Mars for the VERY FIRST Time! Record Cold has taken a Grip on the entire Northern Hemisphere this Winter, with the Northern 50% of the United States having received Snowfall in the Same Week, Ski Slopes have been closed due to Extreme Cold, Record Lows have been Smashed All over the United States and Europe (Even Alaska), and as is seen with a "Climate" as opposed to a "Wave", these Temperatures have taken over for Nearly an Entire Season.

I myself spend most of my time in the Mid-Atlantic Region of the United States, and anyone familiar with the Region knows how Extreme the Weather can Vary there. The Mid-Atlantic is ALWAYS on the Border Line of the Warm Southern Air, and the Cool Northern Air. It is also on the Border Line of the Moist Atlantic Air to the East, and the Dry Continental Air to the West. This Winter however, the Mid-Atlantic has witnessed Temperatures WELL below Average. Whereas a Normal Winter High is around 40-45 Degrees Fahrenheit, with a Low of around 28-35 Degrees Fahrenheit; this entire Winter my area has generally had High Temperatures of around 35 Degrees Fahrenheit, and Constant Lows of 15-20 Degrees Fahrenheit. We have not had much snow, but what we do have right now is frozen into 3 Inches of Solid Ice (White, and Glazed like a Hockey Rink).

Also, having family that has lived in this Very same Region for Over 400 Years, I always hear stories about Storms, Weather, etc. I can state for a fact, that at least in regard to the last 50 Years, the Weather has not Changed here, and THAT is despite a Huge Population Increase, as Well As Drastic Urban Expansion (Cities often create their own "Heat Islands"). If CO2 out of all things was behind Climate Variation, then we would be witnessing Drastic Changes In or Near our Ever Expanding Cities. This is a Factor which has remained constant however, and thus No Population Based Climate Pattern Shift has ever been Witnessed.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
To you above :-

What a load of ABSOLUTE TROLLOP !!

blog.wired.com...
www.sciencedaily.com...
news.bbc.co.uk...
www.msnbc.msn.com...

You have just been completely debunked - do not simply assert things which are utterly false.

FURTHER:

Seasonal weather patterns have NOTHING to do with the theory of global warming - nothing.

Originally posted by jdub297

Originally posted by audas
There are no hundreds of thousands of scientists who disagree with this, only some looney from some random station who founded a weather channel that has no association with him any more - and these are the scientists you rely on.

Here is a challenge - go a find some CREDIBLE scientists from some CREDIBLE institutions and present their findings on this issue.

Stop dragging up loooons as evidence, its worse than having to debate creationists......

I've offered a list of peer reviewed articles and a source for many others. The quote was "hundreds or thousands," and they are listed as well. The list grows by the day.

Please take a minute to review the other threads on this topic that provide the evidence you seek but cannot find. It is here. There are none so blind as they who will not see.

Please help yourself, it's free. I will not spoon feed everyone who starves for information if they haven't gone into the garden themselves first.

In fact, in this thread alone you will find links that will answer every one of your questions. (and burst your bubbles too, for there are briars in the garden that AGW acolytes must avoid)

Go now. Hurry. It's getting hotter while you dawdle.

deny ignorance

jw

[edit on 30-1-2009 by jdub297]

There is NOTHING in any of these threads - zIP - I am on here checking for anything, and I mean anything, that is even remotely credible to this . I am yet to see a single person named with documented evidence to back it up who is at the very least partially respected.

I have not seen a single thing. I have read every book on this ven those who present it with an ounce of scepticism and am yet to see a single person provide anything to coutneract the galactic volumes of information which have been out forward to prove that global warming is real.
The research process has been ongoing for not years, but decades and decades - any remotely credible evidence which counteracts this idea is given absolute attention and credibility as EVERYONE wants this not to be true, unfortunately nothing has come up which disproves the reality of global warming - nothing.

To attempt to provide isolated single sources from questionable weather presenters to counteract the tsunami of evidence from world leaders from every facet of life and society, science, technology captains of industry, world leaders and presidents (even Bush acknowledged it), is profoundly dishonest to your self and ultimately incredibly stupid.

Now if you HAVE some credible evidence from some credible people then lets have it - and please nothing that has NOT ALREADY BEEN DIS PROVEN (this includes sun spots.

Finally presenting cyclical weather patterns as seasonal shifts in ice or short term anomalies will simply be ignored as they are not pertinent in any way shape or form and simply highlight a lack of insight, understanding and research into the topic.

regards,
audas.

[edit on 31-1-2009 by audas]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by audas

a planet which is 4.5 billion years old has scientists proving we are heating up the planet from research that has been done for how many decades?

now lets look at what needs to be in a computer model for it to be accurate.
World wide temperatures at every level of the atmosphere.
sea temperature for the entire planet.
Lake and dam temperature, both above and below
how much pollution in the sky,
how much evaporation reduced from pollution,
number of storms.
sea ice from both north and south poles
time of day
number of cattle producing methane
coal plants burning coal
seasons.

this is just the tip of the ice berg as far as information.
now we need accurate measurements every day along with seasons ect....
these would need to be put in every day for around 450 years to get at least a percentage of the information correct.

what you Global warming alarmest are trying to get the rest of us to believe is about as accurate as a receptionist working in a medical centre diagnosing a patient with bowel cancer just because she smelt an odd odour.
just ignore the fact that there are 50 people in the room, she must know what she is talking about, she works in a hospital.

If these experts on the weather are so accurate, how come they cant get a one week forcast correct?

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by lunarminer

Couldn't agree more. It's easy to deny w/o having to back yourself up.
the most recent post critical of AGW have been backed up w/ references and cites and links. There's prob'ly a dozen threads on ATS if he wants to look.

By the way, telling the TRUTH is NOT slander or libel.

Making something up can be; so as far as A State of Mind is concerned, he has slandered many people on ATS already.

So, if he reads this, ASoM, please give me your personal info, the name and address of your attorney, or back up your stuff.

deny ignorance

jw

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join