It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weather Ch. Founder: The Amazing Story Behind The Global Warming Scam

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Nothing Personal

Let's please remember to stay on topic and refrain from personal commentary, which is always off-topic.

Also, please be advised that soliciting personal information in any form is prohibited by the AboveTopSecret.com Terms And Conditions Of Use.

Topic: Weather Ch. Founder: The Amazing Story Behind The Global Warming Scam

Please stay with it and leave ad hominem digressions for lesser forums.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by thomas_
One question that no one asks is the real propose of the oil being underground in the first place and what happens when you drain everything leaving a huge empty space underground?

Oil is rarely found in "caves" underground.

Oil is usually found in porous rock underground, so it usually doesn't leave any kind of cavity after the oil is removed.

Also, a lot of time, water is pumped down into the ground to increase the pressure where the oil is to force the oil up the well, so even if a cavity would have been left after drilling all the oil out, the water would have filled the void.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by audas
To you above :-

What a load of ABSOLUTE TROLLOP !!

blog.wired.com...
www.sciencedaily.com...
news.bbc.co.uk...
www.msnbc.msn.com...

You have just been completely debunked - do not simply assert things which are utterly false.

If you get your "science" from TV news and blogs, the only thing "debunked" is your credibility.

I'd like to reply to the remainder of your post, but I can't waste a lot of time trying to decipher gibberish.

As for the BBC (see the post from Chuffer), the UK media have been in the pocket of the AGW cult for ages. They trump the work product of such as Hansen and Mann (he, of the "Hockey Stock" fraud, and who decided to leave out the Great Medieval Warming of his AGW/IPCC-endorsed "science), who are absolute and admitted frauds.

Posting crap only hurts your position and kindred; it taints all of them as well as your own credibility,which, on this issue, is now ZERO.

See if any of these AGW advocates want you and your arguments in their arsenal. Ask them. Right now. Can you feel the silence?

deny ignorance

jw

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Mine are not from blogs nor TV news rather ever single one references globally respected Science Journals and Publications used for peer review for the most unbiased and hence limited scope for advocacy or special interest bias - that is what Science is.

You on the other hand ARE QUOTING FROM A BLOG! A mad man who holds no credibility what so ever.

But still this is your argument, so I continue to wait for you to supply these thousands of respected scientists and and a single theory regarding WHY global warming is not true.

Attempting to raise the concept of the mini ice age as "Debunk" for the concepts behind global warming implicitly confirms you have not understood the nexus of what is being said - raising it even in reference o this subject, let alone as some form of empirical evidence to counteract the position which 99% of the worlds scientists are 100% agreed upon, re-affirms that you have not taken the time to actually understand the very principles of this crisis,.

You appear to be more concerned with the notion that there are some higher forces at work in society directing our lives - which may or may not be true - than addressing the fundamental facts being global warming.

Further the scientists, those who propose the angers, are never considered part of the global NWO, in fact it is the politicians and MSM who spend their time denying the reality.......

There is no doubt that Mainstream media has a bias, or that there are ulterior motives behind the machinations of world politics, but none of that is relevant to the idea of Global warming.

I am the last person on these forums you should be belittling for towing the NWO line - I have taken it upon myself to be educated in multiple degrees across multiple countries in different continents - I have the intellect and track record to back up my claims of individual knowledge gleaned from my own independent research. YOU - are clearly not of this calibre so please refrain from such asinine character assassinations surreptitiously veiled as the "intellectual high ground" - it is profoundly disingenuous, easily dis-proven and evidently untrue.

So one more time - You are making OUTRAGEOUS claims of mind boggling ignorance - so PLEASE provide us links or references so that we may verify these facts of thousands of respected scientists being against global warming, and please provide at least ONE credible theory as to why it is not true.

Looking forward the tumble weeds, or of course, more of the same inanities to which we have been treated thus far.

[edit on 31-1-2009 by audas]

[edit: removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]
Quoting - Please review this link

[edit on 2-2-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Chuffer

That is a terrible situation. Aren't the heat vigilantes the least bit embarassed.

Great post. I checked out the Hooper article in the Telegraph and noted that he also reported that the UK stands to gain $$$in the tens if millions from their carbon credits for the past year, but that their value has decreased. Why could that be?

reply to pst by Keyhole
Sadly, even if the utilities pay up front, or have to cash in or buy carbon credits, do you think they'll just "eat" the cost? What does the seller do when the wholesale cost of anything goes up (think gasoline & diesel, for example)? He raises the retail price!

Who pays, then for the carbon tax? You and me.

Does it decrease the amount of carbon? NO!

Therein lies the folly of the cap & trade scam. Great post.

reply to post by lunarminer
the reports on Antarctica have now been recognized as another embarassment (oops) by the AGW advocates themselves. Even the IPCC scientists have admitted that "it's hard to use data that isn't there." The reports' authors didn't have enough stations, so they MADE UP readings for stations that didn't exist, then misinterpreted that!

The recent Nature article has no value whatsoever, but is being trumped as AGW "proof!"

reply to post by thomas_
Let's get something very clear. People who do not believe that MAN is causing "climate change" or "global warming" care about the environment as much as, if not more than, AGW advocates.

I pay attention and speak up because I see what man CAN do, how easy it can be to remedy, and how cost-effective it is. I am an environmentalist from way back before the first "Earth Day."

It is because I refuse to support misguided use of limited $$ to correct the things we can correct that I pay attention. I have no stake in any oil company, energy company, or any political or social cause that will benefit from the continued use of fossil fuels.

They should be conserved. We should strive for alternatives.
Every dollar spent on AGW cannot be spent on the things that matter.

Clear enough?

reply to post by theAgentNineteen
It is so nice to see how well some people can see what is happening. You make it very clear. I am truly surprised at how many in ATS really question AGW. Sort of reassuring, isn't it?

star for most of you
deny ignorance

jw

[edit on 31-1-2009 by jdub297]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   

You continue to REFUSE to provide any links or references to back up any claims you make - further the links references, and voluminous amounts of to the contrary of what you clam are merely dismissed as not relevant simply becuase they utterly destroy your arguments.

The idea that the Carbon Credit scheme will not solve the crisis, or that the uK may benefit financially from it or that it will make it a user pays system falling largely on the shoulders of the private citizen are all utterly true - however at no point does this provide any relevance to counteract the evidence that global warming is a reality - none. It is simply congratulating yourself on your outrageous claims which completely lack any form of substance.

Again - provide links to these mysterious sources ???

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
The silence is deafening.

These threads are ALWAYS the same, crack pots vent some new theory only to have it splashed across ATS as final proof that climate change is SCAM - yet, with one or two simple requests for evidence and proof, links or even references the entire charade comes crashing down. There is he usual insect like sound of scurrying for the exit

Do yourselves a favour, and realise that yes corporates are willing to make a buck out of anything, yes politicians are in their pockets yes the media is biased and has an agenda and yes we are but pawns - but none of this is remotely relevant to the greatest disaster of all times.

Denying global warming is denying the very charge of negligence and greed we can level at these nefarious people. Denying climate change is the HALL MARK of extreme corporate agendas, and shady global elites. The conspiracy is NOT weather this is true or not as it has been an accepted FACT for almost 50 years, the ONLY conspiracy is the denial that it is going on.

The assassination of JFK 911, Martin Luther King, the Gulf on Tonkin, the US Liberty, Pearl Harbour, Lusitania, Kwait war, Iraq war, Bay of Pigs, Iran Contra, Lockerbie, Smoking not being bad for you, Mercury not being bad for you, radiation not being bad, and Carbon Build up not being bad are all part of the same brand of disinformation and conspiracy

Global warming is the truth, the fight to stop anyone thinking that this happening is the conspiracy.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by audas

what are you looking for again?

peer reviews papers which call GW into question? try the following link

www.oism.org...

from

www.abovetopsecret.com...

what you're asking for is in essence, proving the existence of a majority disagreeing with a fad, which is by definition impossible. if you're unwilling to debate any points, calling people crackpots on a CT board will do little to back your point, it seems, but it does not matter, after all, it's just about stating opinions, never about facts and as long as you're part of the perceived majority, who cares?!

i believe one more link won't hurt....

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by audas

The link has been posted over and over again. Did you even read the thread!!!! Do you want it spoon fed to you !!!!! Seek and ye shall find.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

The Denying global warming is denying the very charge of negligence and greed we can level at these nefarious people. Denying climate change is the HALL MARK of extreme corporate agendas, and shady global elites. The conspiracy is NOT weather this is true or not as it has been an accepted FACT for almost 50 years, the ONLY conspiracy is the denial that it is going on.

So if Global warming it is a fact for over 50 years, how do you explain the 1970's mini ice age threat from scientists?

Are scientists only corect when it suits a persons or corporations agenda?

and once again I will ask "if these Climate researches so clever, how come they cannot get a 1 week forcast correct?"
if you can't get it right in a week, how are we rxpected to believe their long term forcasts?

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Long Lance
reply to post by audas

www.oism.org...

from

what you're asking for is in essence, proving the existence of a majority disagreeing with a fad, which is by definition impossible. if you're unwilling to debate any points, calling people crackpots on a CT board will do little to back your point, it seems, but it does not matter, after all, it's just about stating opinions, never about facts and as long as you're part of the perceived majority, who cares?!

i believe one more link won't hurt....

Wait - oh - my - god - wait ===>

You have posted a link to let me get this YOUR OWN POST, about a HOAX ??!HOAX ??!

Thats gold - this was a hoax cooked up in by some Yokel and his kid - and you have posted this as PROOF - RATFLMAO ...WOW !!! A Petition was proven to be a spam bot, has been found to contain The SPICE GIRLS in it

www.realclimate.org...
www.canberratimes.com.au...
www.sierraclub.ca...
sciencepolicy.colorado.edu...
infohack.newsvine.com...
www.mydigitallife.co.za...

The Great thing about people who drag up this is that a) it is a rehash of the same project with almost the same names and even better is B) This represents less than 0.1% of Americans with degrees who agree with it, and something in the order of 0.0000001
of people with a degree who agree ----ooooohhhhh!!!

So a hoax, by someone with a VERY dodgey biology degree from 10 years ago. Two stars for you.

And you second one - well WTF ? The head of NASA thinks otherwise,

features.csmonitor.com...
www.thenewamerican.com...

But that's it - wasn't hard - took all of two minutes to completely debunk you.

Now, if you could come up with SOMETHING ? ANYTHING ? With SOME legitimacy, scientific back ground rather than LINKS TO YOUR OWN POSTS and random BLOGS

This is great stuff.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
The carbon tax is an isolationist movement. It will prevent free trade between nations by taxing movement of goods for use of carbon fuels. It will have a significant effect on food prices, as winter food comes from southern hemisphere climes.

The global dimming is offsetting the global warming. Take away the global warming, and you will have a cold planet. These things balance each other. The incredibly small amount of change in the carbon dioxide in the planet atmosphere can be a result of volcanic actions, particularly undersea vent action. It is also well-known that the cold and deep waters of the north ocean areas trap carbon dioxide, and as the oceans warm it is released. Who is to say that the ocean release is not responsible for the mini-increase in the carbon dioxide? And could that warming not be from the magma under the ocean bottom that is surfacing? Ever look at the El Nino pattern? It comes from the west side of South America periodically, warming the ocean water. What causes the ocean water to warm on the west side of South America? Is is undersea volcanoes? The Pacific Rim action is well-known to be highly unstable vulcanism at work.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Long Lance
reply to post by audas

www.oism.org...

from

Bwahahahaha.

Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons. Also known as 'the purveyor of utter nonsense'. The same 'journal' that gives us the whole gammut of wacky 'conservative' pseudoscience:

The Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons is not listed in the major literature databases of MEDLINE/PubMed[29] nor the Web of Science.[30] Articles and commentaries published in the journal have argued:

that the Food and Drug Administration and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services are unconstitutional,
that "humanists" have conspired to replace the "creation religion of Jehovah" with evolution,
that increased carbon dioxide in the atmosphere has not caused global warming,
that HIV does not cause AIDS,
that the "gay male lifestyle" shortens life expectancy by 20 years.

linky

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   

The silence is deafening.

These threads are ALWAYS the same, crack pots vent some new theory only to have it splashed across ATS as final proof that climate change is SCAM - yet, with one or two simple requests for evidence and proof, links or even references the entire charade comes crashing down. There is he usual insect like sound of scurrying for the exit

Global warming is the truth, the fight to stop anyone thinking that this happening is the conspiracy.

I have explained to you, as have others in this thread, there are links, threads and authorities cited here and all over ATS.

Google: "Global Warming Blowback" if you are unable to follow or search for threads here. You will find an anti-AGW article, true, but if you scroll down through the article you will find dozens of specific peer-reviewed references, data, analyses, and quotes of leading NOAA, IPCC and academic authorities supporting the anti-AGW hypothesis.

Read the linked article in Chuffer's post and follow the statements, published in Nature, of the embarassment the most recent Antarctic reports have created with their fabricated evidence and phony conclusions.

"Silence?" I think the real problem is blindness. If you won't look, you cannot see.

I've read Mann's studies and reports. I've read Hansen's. Do you know who they are? How they influence IPCC?

They are proven and admitted frauds and liars. Fabricating results, ignoring eras of time, just to make AGW "models" work. Yet they continue to "contribute" to AGW papers and studies.

Get real.

This is a forum of "exchange." You have to have something to offer. Read, study. Come back when you can post an intelligible response, pro or con, to any opinions expressed and questions asked on ATS.

Please.

deny ignorance

jw

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Long Lance

Hey, LL, I was away for a while and see you've had your hands full. Thanks for the links.

I've found some new stuff I'm consolidating regarding sea levels and ice sheets, et c. I don't know if I'll give them to audas (he/she won't read them anyway, or understand them if they do) in a new response or start a new thread.

Star for You for offering evidence despite the obvious futility.

jw

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by audas

Several Phd scientists that were members of the IPCC decided to
star in a movie about CO2 caused Global Warming and why it is
not true.

The Great Global Warming Swindle

They found that CO2 rises 800 years after the temperature does.

These scientists are putting their credibility on the line.

I take their word over the "activists".

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Which the SUED for as misrepresentation of their views. The BBC and OFCOM both recommended that Channel 4 be reprimanded an considered revoking their broadcasting license or serious breach of mistrust.

Well done, you have just presented the second biggest scam of all time.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   

I have responded with many links, you are yet to provide a single credible one, you simply make assertions about things and NEVER back these things up.

I have not only READ the reports I have MET the Author of the Stern Report and the First IPCC report. i have actively studied these things in Universities across the world - I DO do my research - its my job.

You on the other hand merely show annoyance for not being taken seriously - you will need to display some references and links to credible sources for that to happen - until then ...

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by audas

"Which the SUED for as misrepresentation of their views. The BBC and OFCOM both recommended that Channel 4 be reprimanded an considered revoking their broadcasting license or serious breach of mistrust.

Well done, you have just presented the second biggest scam of all time."

======================================

Your bias is obvious.

I went and looked up the so called suing.

It was by two ppl in the film that realized they would be chewed to
ribbons by global warming zealots like yourself.

So it was just a matter of butt covering on their part after they
gave their opinions in the film.

The film provides hard evidence that still stands today.

Write up on The Great Global Warming Swindle

The science is plain and to the point and straight forward.

The 800 year lag in Co2 rise after the temp rise speaks to the lies
the global warming zealots continue to spit with fury.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
More debunking of the AGW lunacy:

wattsupwiththat.com...

Chuffer

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join