It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weather Ch. Founder: The Amazing Story Behind The Global Warming Scam

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Uncle Exon is very proud of you all. You have swallowed his greenwash.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by OuttaHere
OMG when I **breathe** I exhale carbon dioxide! My very existence is contributing to global warming! I think, if I really want to be "green" and if I really care about my planet, the best thing to do is to off myself immediately. What next, are they going to tax me for breathing?

I had better stop before I give them any ideas.

You know that's not the only greenhouse gas you create don't you? From what I've heard, it happens when you "off" too.
Looks like you literally can't "go."

Reply to Treemanx
The comparison says a lot about true priorities, doesn't it? Gore is a fraud and has been from his school days, always trying to appear to be someone else, but capitalizing on his true identity/connections.

Reply to mazzroth
The proposed tax on carbon emission has been calculated to be between $75 and $175 per beef cow per year (methane is a GTG-greenhouse trace gas), and up to $150 per dairy cow. It is going to get bizarre in the extreme, and ruin the last few small-scale farmers and ranchers.

Reply to die_another_day
Water vapor is the biggest threat of all, no doubt. But it leaves no "carbon footprint" and thus cannot generate revenue, or be capped and traded very effectively. It can be manipulated, locally, to a certain degree but there's no money in that, is there.

Reply to charlieO
It seems that maybe the tide is turning even now. For almost a decade the AGW advocates have gone unchallenged. Just in the past year, it seems that the facade is crumbling. Even ATS members are becoming more vical about the lack of proof and hidden profit motives of the most vocal AGW advocates.

Reply to munkey66
The G.I.M. story is but the tip of the iceberg. "Manta" and other sites reveal the interlocking interests AG has that put money in his pockets as long as this scam can be played out. I think the "30,000 Lawsuits" thread
has a couple of posts that refer to other sources on this.

Reply to Frith
The "30,000 suit" thread is still open here and contains a lot of insight into AG and his real interest in the issue.

Reply to MR1159
I try to consider others' opinions, but you have to have one and be able to express it. Other times, it's just too hard to resist.

Reply to stikkinikki
The house comparison and obvious hypocrisy reveals a lot about AG's motive and credibility. He presents himself as an authority, yet his actions reveal the truth. If AG has an ulterior motive and no credibility, then it DIRECTLy addresses the quality and reliability of his "science" and "evidence." If he were an expert witness in a Court of law, the jury would laugh him off, if he were even allowed to present himself as an "expert" or unbiased advocate!

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaell
I heard the plan is to assign "carbon numbers" to everyone to track personal carbon output -determined by things like your electric bill, grocery transactions, etc.

The carbon atom is made of 6 protons, 6 neutrons, and 6 electrons. All life on earth is carbon based. You might say that 666 is the "number of man" and the "number of the beast". You might.

[edit on 1/29/09 by shaell]

That is really spooky! I'm not terribly spiritual today, but that is the closest I've seen anyone come to deciphering "the number of the Beast."
(Who is it now, that travels in the "belly of the Beast?")

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by rizla
Uncle Exon is very proud of you all. You have swallowed his greenwash.

I found a neat illustration the other day:

I saw it in the Global water and air volume compared to Earth thread, but elsewhere too. Doesn't seem like so much air and water to me now and it makes me wonder about things. Things like what would the volume of oil look like?

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297

Originally posted by shaell
I heard the plan is to assign "carbon numbers" to everyone to track personal carbon output -determined by things like your electric bill, grocery transactions, etc.

The carbon atom is made of 6 protons, 6 neutrons, and 6 electrons. All life on earth is carbon based. You might say that 666 is the "number of man" and the "number of the beast". You might.

[edit on 1/29/09 by shaell]

That is really spooky! I'm not terribly spiritual today, but that is the closest I've seen anyone come to deciphering "the number of the Beast."
(Who is it now, that travels in the "belly of the Beast?")

This just about sums up the intelligence of this thread. I worry for America's young. Moving on...

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
The Australian media are all in a flap at the moment about the 'record temperatures' the south of the country is experiencing.

It's all 'oh Global Warming is finally showing itself' bla bla bla.

Actually, temperatures were recorded several degrees higher than that of today. Guess when? Back around the turn of the 20th century.

So, in 100 years, we still haven't 'heated the planet' enough to create new record temperatures.

But the Murdochia keep spewing the GW nonsense regardless of the scientific facts.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

we had a reporter new to the area reporting that our large spring tide was due to global warming.
He had no idea what the tides where around these parts of the world and saw the water in the street and reported it on the local news.
The name of the street is "lake street" and got it's name from a toungue in cheek expression because the road always resembled a lake due to the spring tides.
the local paper had a field day on the reporter in the following days.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by orkson

No one in America cares what gas cost in another country.
I don't care what you pay, its mostly tax its not because were running out.
The state of Texas USA has enough oil for us for 100s of years.
Global warming is a hoax for the rich to get richer thats it.
I live like theres no tomorrow!

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
A volcano puts more in the atmosphere than we ever could.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pinkarella
A volcano puts more in the atmosphere than we ever could.

Please do not bring logic to the table, it goes against the whole taxing scheme.
How are they going to tax a volcano?

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by orkson

The conspiracy in this is they tax us carbon footprints whilst at the same time, withholding or suppressing cheap non hydro-carbon based energy technology.

Not a problem for me though, my only 'carbon' footprint is my breath and farts. I also have no problem with the tax, at least no more annoying 1 person driving two-ton vehicle just to go to work. If you ask me, that's just as rediculous as the carbon tax, relatively speaking.

If you compare the amount of carbon and energy consumed of the combined weights of your two-tonner and you produced vs you riding a bicycle to work, the difference is stupendous!

[edit on 29-1-2009 by ahnggk]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
The Club Of Rome , Bilderberg Group & many other NWO organizations stated in the 1970's that they would manipulate fear of Terrorism & Fear of Climate Change to bring about a New World Order . The same groups have printed in many publications that a Global financial collapse would be created whilst the West is fighting Islam.

All these things have happened.

Yet there have been no arrests.

Co2 levels weres 14 times higher when the dinosaurs roamed.

All life started with Co2 . Algae , plants etc Co2 breath Co2.. the life Gas.

Temperatures were warm enough to Grow Grapes in the North of England during the Middle Ageswhen there was no industry.

Global Warming is a fraud. Mars is warming so is Jupiter , Saturn etc. It doesnt take a brain surgeon to work out that it is the Sun & Volcanoes that are responsible for Climate Change.

Man made Climate Change is manufactured by the NWO / UN / E.U. Chemtrail spraying program that has caused Global dimming.

However there is no denying that the Governments & Corporations Pollute this Earth via their Armed Forces, Tanks Ships, Aircraft , Bombs , Napalm, Depleted Uranium, Nuclear Power Stations etc etc

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Whether or not one wishes to see the reality of a situation is irrelevent. reality remains. Not everything is a conspiracy. Some things should be so obvious that a fool could recognize them. But then again, we are Americans. Alot of us seem to lean toward paranoia. Perhaps from living in a artificial EMF field most of our lives. I always read about your fears of looseing your freedom. Do you even understand what freedom is? If you want to be free stop useing fossil fuel. Sure your 5MPG monster 4 wheel drive truck wont run but you would be able to walk places it could'nt go. You would'nt be able to crank the heat up in your 5000 sq ft to home to 80 degrees, but you would be able to loose those unwanted pounds chopping wood. I'm sorry but anyone who fails to see that we are screwing up our planet is an idiot and rather self focused. If you cant see it just keep feeding the machine to the doom of us all. For those interested in a future past your death I advocate walking away from the mess and returning to the land. Remember we dont own the earth we belong to it.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Everybody stop breathing, put a cork in your rectum and start losing weight NOW before they tax your breathing, farting and the carbon in your body as you put on weight!

Unbelievable.

I have had this argument a few times now, and I get graphs and all sorts of nonsense shoved in my face by people who barely have an understanding of the issue themselves.

The fact is that YES we are going through a Climate Change BUT NO it is not the fault of humanity. As is evidenced by geological and meteorological records dating back hundreds and thousands of years, this is a natural cycle the Earth goes through every so often. Poles sometimes shift, the Earth sometimes moves it's entire landmass plus a whole plethora of other naturally occurring changes have happened many times in the Earth's past.

Why, all of a sudden, do we believe this change is somehow different to any other time it has happened? I don't recall the Neanderthals having a large CO2 producing society that caused a damned Ice Age, or the warming afterwards! Come on people, wake up.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297

Weather Ch. Founder: The Amazing Story Behind The Global Warming Scam

www.kusi.com

...The last two bitter winters have lead to a rise in public awareness that CO2 is not a pollutant and is not a significant greenhouse gas that is triggering runaway global warming.
(visit the link for the full news article)

www.ncdc.noaa.gov...

The January-February 2007 year-to-date map of temperature anomalies shows the presence of warmer than average temperatures across almost all land areas.

The reason why this discrepancy exists is that the author of the quoted source in the OP was deliquent in paying his gas bill for the second year in a row. Hence "the last two bitter winters."

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I don't know how many people read the OP's article, but here's a little tid-bit from it!

The Amazing Story Behind the Global Warming Scam

The Keeling curve showed a steady rise in CO2 in atmosphere during the period since oil and coal were discovered and used by man. As of today, carbon dioxide has increased from 215 to 385 parts per million. But, despite the increases, it is still only a trace gas in the atmosphere. While the increase is real, the percentage of the atmosphere that is CO2 remains tiny, about .41 hundredths of one percent.

And from Wikipedia!

Greenhouse Gas - Wikipedia

The major non-gas contributor to the Earth's greenhouse effect, clouds, also absorb and emit infrared radiation and thus have an effect on radiative properties of the greenhouse gases

And on Wikipedia, they also repeat the same numbers that CO2 has increased which covers a over a hundred years.

If you go to the link above you'll find the info there. (Couldn't get the table to cut & paste very well)

But what it says is that since 1750, carbon dioxide has increased 104 parts per MILLION in out atmosphere!

It has gone from 280 ppm from the pre-industrial era to 387 ppm today!

We're talking 387 parts of CO2 out of 1,000,000! (.41 hundredths of one percent)

I'm sorry, but until I see more scientific evidence, corroborated by A LOT of people in the scientific industry, who's main subject has to do with the atmosphere on a global scale, can I believe that I mere rise of 104 PARTS PER MILLION is going to cause the whole planet to get warmer.

Should we keep looking for cleaner/alternative energy sources, of course!

But as far as a rise of carbon dioxide in our atmosphere of 104 parts per million causing the whole earths temperature to rise, I'm still VERY skeptical!

Remember all the hoopla about how cutting down the rain forests would affect the world?

I wonder if they factored that into the equation also!

[edit on 1/29/2009 by Keyhole]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
I think being taxed on your carbon footprint is a good idea, despite what most of you seem to think. I think that people who own huge SUVs for no reason should pay for the amount of fossil fuels that they are consuming and for the harmful effects to the environment as a result.

I'm attending the only college in America with carbon neutrality and I own a car with 35mpg. I turn off lights when I'm not in rooms, I recycle, and I buy as local and organic as I can afford.

Edit- We can't take back the harm we've done to rainforests, to environments that we've destroyed to drill for oil, and polar bears will be extinct in less than a generation.

With the mindset you have, people like you are so unbelievably dangerous to freedom of everyone else that everything that can be done to marginalize you and people like you must be a top priority!

I can only hope and pray that somebody someday invents a b*lls#*t tax that targets something that you enjoy simply because they feel that you shouldn't have it. There is a long, long, long historical record of busy bodies being dealt with to preserve the freedom of others. Please start educating yourself from sources that do not contain the DNC stamp of approval and you will see what a scam anthropogenic GW/CC is, not to mention every other modern liberal issue.

You have a very dangerous mindset kiddo!

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by PieKeeper
Who gives a damn if global warming is real?

We're still polluting the earth. THAT NEEDS TO STOP!

Sure it needs to stop and that is just the point of the OP's discussion, that we should concentrate our now limited resources financially and otherwise, on REAL problems and not BUNK.

I have watched this debate going on for years and years now and the imminent doom we are facing seems to get more urgent as the time for doing something gets shorter. I have even heard we are already too late and by the time we get things right, we will all be suffering from what will prove to be as disappointing to you tree huggers as 2012 will be to those waiting for the big day that will never happen.

Al Gore is a puttz

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Global Warming and its extended effect on ice melt.

Lets say worst case, that the temperature of the Earth and a maximum effect of Earth's ice, melts at some global level.... And say there is archeological evidence of ocean levels for the last several millions of years, would that be a good predictor of the correlation of temperature to ice melt off?

Please do a WikiPedia search on Global Ocean Levels.
en.wikipedia.org...

There is a cyclical Glaciation and melt cycle that is well known and the corresponding level of oceans to those temperatures. Just look at the present 'peak' warming cycle and the relative 'slope' of recent effect and WHEN the transition occurs.

Look carefully at ALL of the charts and understand what it is you are looking at.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join