It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weather Ch. Founder: The Amazing Story Behind The Global Warming Scam

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I am already paying personal proerty tax for owning my vehicle. If they start charging me for my boys favorite past time after a good bean and cabbage dinner I am sunk...

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Keyhole
But what it says is that since 1750, carbon dioxide has increased 104 parts per MILLION in out atmosphere!

It has gone from 280 ppm from the pre-industrial era to 387 ppm today!

We're talking 387 parts of CO2 out of 1,000,000! (.41 hundredths of one percent)

No, we are talking 38.21% increase in CO2 level in the atmosphere since the pre-industrial age. (Note that the folks at that time didn't have the means to measure the level of CO2 in the atmosphere. So why not to point out that fact out and get that "man-made global warming hoax" closer to the mental asylum?)

I'm sorry, but until I see more scientific evidence, corroborated by A LOT of people in the scientific industry, who's main subject has to do with the atmosphere on a global scale, can I believe that I mere rise of 104 PARTS PER MILLION is going to cause the whole planet to get warmer.

You call 38.27% increase "a mere rise?"
The human body temp is slightly below 37 Celsius. If your body temp rises by 38.27%, up to 51 degree Celsius, you are dead.

The statement in the OP about "last two bitter winters" is a lie, and unfortunately there are more than 104 folks per million who like to munch on any bullsh-t served in order to cultivate their resistence against reason.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by stander
The human body temp is slightly below 37 Celsius. If your body temp rises by 38.27%, up to 51 degree Celsius, you are dead.

So now we are equating an entire planet to the human body are we? That is certainly a new one.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Isnt a planet a body?

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   

The January-February 2007 year-to-date map of temperature anomalies shows the presence of warmer than average temperatures across almost all land areas.

Instead of trying to make an attempt at humor citing this quote and the thread, you might have advised members that the NCDC report made ABSOLUTELY NO CONNECTION between winter 2007 weather and asnything done by man.

Pick, choose, omit and confuse. AGW's mantra.
(Thanks, Ghost of Johnnie Cochran, for the insight into AGW treatment of climate data.)

jw

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I love how everyone just bypasses the scientific measurement of MAN MADE POLLUTION and jumps on the "I hate Al Gore" bandwagon.

Global warming use to be a conspiracy, a hippy planet hugger thing and now it is out in the open, we ARE polluting our planet to a point of no return, just left in the dark by zealous oil companies who don't give a rats arse about your health.

If you don't want a carbon tax, push for alternative energy, or pay for your filthy energy and shut up. In my suburb it is compulsory for every home to have solar hot water system, imagine if every house in the world used solar hot water, imagine the savings there(both energy and money).

Everything is a business, and it is no wonder that the clean up the world business is working for profit, but also for a future sustainable society.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Keyhole
I don't know how many people read the OP's article, but here's a little tid-bit from it!

The Amazing Story Behind the Global Warming Scam

The Keeling curve showed a steady rise in CO2 in atmosphere during the period since oil and coal were discovered and used by man. As of today, carbon dioxide has increased from 215 to 385 parts per million. But, despite the increases, it is still only a trace gas in the atmosphere. While the increase is real, the percentage of the atmosphere that is CO2 remains tiny, about .41 hundredths of one percent.

Should we keep looking for cleaner/alternative energy sources, of course!

But as far as a rise of carbon dioxide in our atmosphere of 104 parts per million causing the whole earths temperature to rise, I'm still VERY skeptical!

Isn't it amazing what you canlearn vy actually looking at facts and numbers, instead of speculation, projections and "models!"

It was proven in 1870 that once CO2 reaches a certain level, it has absorbed all the IR radiation it can and will not absorb anymore no matter how high it increases. IT IS NOT LINEAR!

Excellent research and sleuthery. Star for you.

jw

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

HOW DOES GIVING RICH PEOPLE MORE OF OUR MONEY STOP THE COWS FROM FARTING AND PEOPLE FROM EXHALING?
WHERE IS THE MONEY GOING?
WHAT ARE THEY GOING TO DO WITH THE CARBON TAX MONEY SCAM?
HOW DOES THIS HELP EXACTLY?

WHY DON'T THEY START WITH THEIR CORPORATE BUDDIES?
WHO MAKE NUCLEAR WEAPONS AND DROP IT ON PEOPLE?
WHO MAKE TOXIC WASTE AND POUR IT IN OUR OCEANS?
WHO SPRAY CHEMICAL TRAILS THROUGH THE SKY?
THAT POLLUTE OUR LAND WITH THEIR TOXIC WASTE?
WHO POLLUTE OUR CROPS WITH GMO HANKY PANKY?

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS GOING TO SOLVE?
JUST ANOTHER GOVERNMENT SCAM!
f--k them!

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
I am already paying personal proerty tax for owning my vehicle. If they start charging me for my boys favorite past time after a good bean and cabbage dinner I am sunk...

If you and the boys like beef or milk, they will be taxing the cattle that produce them for the very same reason! You may be eating more beans and cabbage; sort of a vicious circle. The doctrine of unintended consequences, no?

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   

No, we are talking 38.21% increase in CO2 level in the atmosphere since the pre-industrial age. (Note that the folks at that time didn't have the means to measure the level of CO2 in the atmosphere. So why not to point out that fact out and get that "man-made global warming hoax" closer to the mental asylum?)

Applying your logic, then our average temperature should be 38.27% above pre-industry: somewhere around 85 degrees AVERAGE!

Your conclusion is disproven.

CO2 stops absorbing after a certain point; it has done all it can, it is not linear. At that point, it can double and it cannot affect IR absorption rates anymore!

Research will win out and the AGW advocates will be in the asylums, or perhaps FEMA camps. ("I hear the train a-comin', it's comin' round the bend ... .)

jw

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quantazero
Isnt a planet a body?

can we mine your body for uranium and oil?
can we grow crops and plant trees on you?
the planet is a planet.
is a body of evidence a body?

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wideawake08
reply to post by jdub297

HOW DOES GIVING RICH PEOPLE MORE OF OUR MONEY STOP THE COWS FROM FARTING AND PEOPLE FROM EXHALING?
WHERE IS THE MONEY GOING?
WHAT ARE THEY GOING TO DO WITH THE CARBON TAX MONEY SCAM?
HOW DOES THIS HELP EXACTLY?

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS GOING TO SOLVE?
JUST ANOTHER GOVERNMENT SCAM!
f--k them!

Here's how it works:

Small-scale farmers and ranchers cannot afford to pay the assessments. They sell out to the giant food industry. The food industry buys credits from people like AG, his corporations or some Chinese hydro-electric plant that destroyed a few villages, a river or two, and the local ecology.

See, everyone's happy!

(the Chinese thing is true: the Xioxiao dam project was financed by German coal plants' carbon credits per Kyoto Treaty protocols. The IPCC says, "Oops.")

jw

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Here is a documentary summing up the whole global warming debacle called The Great Global Warming Swindle.

Funny, it was Margaret Thatcher that started this whole global warming hysteria to crush the Coal workers union.

Yes that's right lefties out there. Your green movement started thanks to a hardline conservative paying scientists to create a hysteria amongst the pubic to turn the Coal Unions into the enemy.

[edit on 29-1-2009 by Cool Hand Luke]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Environmentalists don't have much credibility with me. They rallied and publicized until finally they got Pikes Peak paved all the way to the top. They said gravel was sliding downhill and wetlands were drying up. A mountain is in a constant state of change. Gravity makes everything go down hill and wetlands form and dry up all the time in new places. Now our drinking water tastes like asphalt.
If EPA says it, my ears switch off; they haven't ever had a good idea.
Drill, baby, drill.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quantazero
Whether or not one wishes to see the reality of a situation is irrelevent. reality remains. Not everything is a conspiracy. Some things should be so obvious that a fool could recognize them. But then again, we are Americans. Alot of us seem to lean toward paranoia. Perhaps from living in a artificial EMF field most of our lives. I always read about your fears of looseing your freedom. Do you even understand what freedom is? If you want to be free stop useing fossil fuel. Sure your 5MPG monster 4 wheel drive truck wont run but you would be able to walk places it could'nt go. You would'nt be able to crank the heat up in your 5000 sq ft to home to 80 degrees, but you would be able to loose those unwanted pounds chopping wood. I'm sorry but anyone who fails to see that we are screwing up our planet is an idiot and rather self focused. If you cant see it just keep feeding the machine to the doom of us all. For those interested in a future past your death I advocate walking away from the mess and returning to the land. Remember we dont own the earth we belong to it.

We're not destroying the Earth.

That would be impossible.

The Earth would first destroy us.

We are not the reason we rely on these fuels and pollutants.

Those who make them while suppressing cleaner alternatives are.

It is not the SUV's and chopped up wood that is to blame.

It is those who will not allow for water based engines and free flowing A/C fields of Tesla energy or the natural and reproductive power of hemp to save 3/4 the acreage of trees we consume, in buildings where they can be hydroponically grown on floor after floor. It is those who think they know what is best for us, yet, defend cleaner, cheaper, more earth friendly alternatives to be used. It is those who say that free energy is an affront to profits. It is those who place capitalism before democracy and would not put a cap on success, but, push for skies the limit who destroy the skies with their pollutant properties. It is those who say use less respect the earth who are the supporter's of the alternative green methods of clean coal, bio fuels, and nuclear power that dirty the skies and taint the world. It is you with your little hybrids whose bio fuels drive up prices on environmental restrictors and ruin the fuel efficiency of your cars, opting for solar energy, though it is not often available in many areas, and despite that free electricity blanketed fields of power and all electric vehicles would be cheapest, cleanest, and the most efficient method of all. Rather than use taxes to build and maintain these things and allow competitors to profit and provide jobs retooling and adapting all their energy products to this limitless free source. No their alternative is alternative fuels and digging out our own oil. They are the shallow, narrow minded, hypocritical individuals. They are to blame.

These are to blame for our pollution and destruction of our world. Not those who call a spade a spade and a sham a sham.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
What I always like to point out to the Global Warming supporters is the fact that ocean levels are not rising. According to Al Gore we are in for at least 40 feet of ocean rise by the end of the century. Well, we are already 10 percent into this century and so the oceans should have risen by about 4 feet by now.

Too bad for Al Gore and Company, there is no evidence of any increase in ocean levels over the past decade.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

Sometimes the complexity and depth of a discussion causes the points of true genius to be overlooked.

Just thought I'd show my appreciation.

I'm willing to bet he thought that his zinger about a planet being a body at least partly validated his complete bamboozlement by the environmentalists. That's how they argue. Logic and rationality go out the window. Too many times a point is thought to be made by pointing out how obvious it is that the other side is full of idiots. As in, "Reality remains, anyone who doesn't see that is an idiot."

Sadly the people who make these statements will never comprehend the flaws they contain.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Dear Munkey 66, Many valuable elements could be extracted from your carcass even uranium. Oils could be rendered from your fat. Remember the Nazis made soap from people. You could also be composted and used to raise trees or many other plants. Your bones, and blood would make an excelent fertilizer as well. Our home the earth generates its own heat, it has a circulatory systen, it has a energy field in fact it has many of the atributes of a living creature. Its probably a matter of perspective. Do the parisites in your body know they are feding on a sentient being. Good Night.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Ever notice that nobody talks about "Global Warming" in the winter time?

There is a reason why. People don't remember what the weather was a few months ago and when you are freezing you butt off in January and February, you don't remember how nice the sun felt in June, or how hot you were in August.

This is all part of the Global Climate Change scam. It is easy to con people about the weather and say that we are hotter now than we were 30 years ago. Nobody remembers.

I remember my Physics professor, back in 1983 telling the whole class that the "Next Big Thing" was going to be "Global Warming". (This was at the same time that a new study showed a slight cooling trend to the average global temperature.)

He also told us that "Global Warming" was a political stunt and there was nothing to it.

Who was this joker of a science teacher? He was a world renowned atmospheric scientist, named Leo Pepin, a very outspoke critic of the "Global Climate Change" movement. I am always amazed at how clear his thinking was and how he nailed the whole issue, years before most people had heard of it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join