It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Child 'thrown from Melbourne bridge' UPDATE Girl has died

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Still not seeing the quote where I said this man deserved freedom. I think I deserve an answer after being accused of it. Come on, please, put your money where your mouth is and prove your claim.

I can also see that common sense has gone completely out the window in this case, I guess it's natural for many people to let emotions flood in and cloud ones judgement.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Kryties give it a rest...you made your point.

Everyone is emotional about this tragedy including yourself going by what you have written.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
How's this for starters?

Originally posted by Kryties

...he may not have known what he was doing and may have a very good 'Not guilty by reason of insanity' type defense case.

Listen, you came out all defensive of this person, stating that he should be not guilty; now you are trying to back down from that position. Admit it.

And please stop accusing me (and whomever else) of immaturity etc., it's getting tiresome.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by MR1159

OK, Ill give it a rest after I reply to the above statement. When I said "...he may not have known what he was doing and may have a very good 'Not guilty by reason of insanity' type defence case" I was simply stating that due to his psychological condition he may very well end up in a psychiatric ward. How you deduce I am saying that he deserves freedom from that statement is beyond me.

And I called out people for their immaturity in accusing me of something that I did not say simply because it WAS immature.

I have said my piece. If people wish to make up baseless accusations from here on in, go for your life I know what I am trying to say and it doesn't take a genius to figure it out if you read my posts carefully.

That is all.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

reply to post by MR1159

OK, Ill give it a rest

And You Should Kryties,now get back under Your tree and STAY,
Stay!!!.

Zelong!

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw

when in fact what I am doing is what my avatar says: Deny Emotion, Apply Logic.

It is a fact of life that emotion clouds logic. Right now all I am seeing is posts like "The coward should have thrown himself off". These are comments DRIPPING with emotion.

The comment "He should have thrown himself off" is far more logical than emotional.

He threw his daughter off. Result: He will spend many years, maybe at least 20 or more in a secure facility. He won't be an effective father to his remaining two children. They will have to live with the horror of seeing their sister thrown off the bridge, maybe wondering if they'll be thrown off some day.

If he threw himself off. Result: He will die. His troubles will be gone. His children, while tramautised, will still have a chance to get over it. He probably had life insurance/superannuation that his children could also inherit. Given time, they'll perhaps understand that he was troubled but he never tried to harm them.

Logically, the FAR lesser of two evils would have been for him to throw himself off the bridge. That's a cold analysis, devoid of an emotional response.

I believe this is a pretty good break down of logic vs. emotion. Obviously this guy didn't have any sort of rational compass at the time.

If it's true that when people snap they are inclined to one of two behaviours; inward/self-destruct or outward/destruction of someone or something else, then this guy snapped and chose to destroy someone else. His helpless daughter in this case.

I wish the guy would have left his family alone. I feel sorry for him....but in his moment of insanity he chose to hurt someone else.

Hopefully his time of punishment started the moment his faculties started to return. This guy is going to pay for the rest of his life.

So is his remaining family. Sad, sad, sad.

RIP sweet little girl.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
From today's paper.

A woman stopped her car and ran screaming at him, just after he dropped the girl. That's probably what made him get in his car and drive off.

There's strong suspicion that he was also going to throw the two boys off as well. Police won't release details of a phone call that was made moments before from him to his wife. It was payback, due to the family court dispute.

The woman probably saved the lives of the two boys...

Witnesses describe the girl frozen with fear, clinging furiously to him. After he dropped her off, he stood up on the rail of the bridge to watch her fall.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

From today's paper.

Witnesses describe the girl frozen with fear, clinging furiously to him. After he dropped her off, he stood up on the rail of the bridge to watch her fall.

That is indescribably chilling and nightmarish.

Cold. Blooded. Murder.

I am in shock.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

From today's paper.

A woman stopped her car and ran screaming at him, just after he dropped the girl. That's probably what made him get in his car and drive off.

There's strong suspicion that he was also going to throw the two boys off as well. Police won't release details of a phone call that was made moments before from him to his wife. It was payback, due to the family court dispute.

The woman probably saved the lives of the two boys...

OMFG! that man is a monster. if he had the mind to tear away his girl whilst she stood clinging to him and then had the nerve to climb the rail and watch her fall then he had the full use of his mental capacity. it was pre-meditated as a payback to his wife.

i wonder why they got a divorce in the first place. it would be interesting to find out the history. sounds to me like he is a control freak who likes to munipulate people & situations.

I wish there was a way to bring people back to life - just so i could personally throw him off the bridge a million times over.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I am so sad.

I recant my previous musings about this man. He's an out and out MONSTER. He didn't lapse into an insane stupor. No, this was a planned murder. I also now think he planned to kill the other children.

Thank God that woman acted as she did. She could have become a victim herself. What a brave woman.

I hope they electrocute this man. I normally don't opt for this punishment but his act warrants it.

Oh god, that poor child....clinging. I want to cry.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Kryties! I am here for you!

It appears you and I are the only ones here that understand that PEOPLE GO NUTS SOMETIMES. I, like yourself though, still do not in anyway support this action. period.

But what needs to be understood is that yes, people can go into dissociative states or what have you when they are utterly broken down.

And sir Zelong, or any of you who shout cold murderer, what makes you think for one moment that you have ANY idea what was going through that mans head when he committed this crime. He could have done it intentionally, or had no control. The point is that we have no knowledge of this, and to assume that we know is immature, ignorant and just plain stupid.

Also Zelong, I am aware that for this, I will fall under your childish category of someone who supports a baby killer. Well, I can assure you, I do not condone such activity, nor does this rational thinking individual, Kryties. So save your ignorant labels for conversations with others.

And for those of you who are religious and slam this man and condemn him to your hells: Where in your code does god allow one to deal with a man as such. Especialy for those christians here, what happened to your "forgiveness"?

The botom line is, none of you are to judge this man's intention unless it is known what it was. I don't care what he did, you just cant jump to radical and super charged conclusions.

[edit on 30-1-2009 by Joe1378]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Bickering amongst ourselves is not going lessen the heartache for Darcy's family.
Nor is going to help change any child welfare law's.

We may never understand what was going on in this man's mind.

We all have our opinion's and are entitled to them.
It's for the Court's and Doctor's to decide what is to be done with him.

Not us,please out of respect at least for Darcy keep it civil.
State your opinion and leave it at that.

(I say the above in a quiet humble manner)

Edit for spelling

[edit on 30-1-2009 by SvenTheBerserK]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Agreed.

I myself wrote my post in quite an emotional state as well. So we all have to chill. People here are throwing around some pretty intense responses, and its certainly whats not needed at a time like this.

It's hard to keep cool with an event like this, but we all just have to look at it now as being done and dealt with (or at least being dealt with currently) and just hope it doesn't happen again, which it will if these bridge authorities don't do something about this for once. That's the issue that need to be addressed as a result of this.

Perhaps for that it was a good thing the media decided to cover this.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Joe1378
Kryties! I am here for you!

And sir Zelong, or any of you who shout cold murderer, what makes you think for one moment that you have ANY idea what was going through that mans head when he committed this crime.

Murder.

He could have done it intentionally, or had no control. The point is that we have no knowledge of this, and to assume that we know is immature, ignorant and just plain stupid.

Just re-read what you wrote, you dolt.

The botom line is, none of you are to judge this man's intention unless it is known what it was.

Well, if someone throws a small child from a bridge, it's pretty clear what the intention is. Or maybe we put it through a focus group, and then join him in some group therapy about his "motives".

I don't care what he did...

Clearly.

I find it hard to imagine why the likes of you and Kryties carry on like you do.

But I will probably wrap up posting to this thread because I am sick to the guts reading what you have to say. Any extremely p****d off.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MR1159

We carried on because we had a point. And a valid one at that.

Our opinion is no less valuable than yours. We think like rational people just like yourself. Where in my post did I ever say that I supported throwing people off of bridges. That's the conclusion that all of you are coming to, and it's just plain wrong to assume that.

But there will be no dealing with you close minded people. And don't tell me to re read that line I just wrote. It makes sense and doesn't make me an idiot for posting it, so nice try trying to make me feel bad for posing it, but its not going to work like that.

And what happened to the ceasing of the bickering here? You obviously didn't bother reading that post either.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Joe1378
We carried on because we had a point. And a valid one at that.

Okay "you" suddenly appear, and agree, and say "we carried on".

I have not followed this thread that closely, but you are apparently "very new" and the fact that you suddenly show up and have such strong opinions makes me think multiple nicks.

Who is this "we"? You and your multiple personalities? No one just joins the site and takes to a thread like this and has such strong opinions and loyalties.

Fake.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I'm not using multiple personalities, I was simply agreeing with Kryties. I read the whole thread , and saw that he/she happened to support the same view. If you think that we are the same person, then you are mistaken. And I am not new around here, I have followed this site around for a few years, and decided to register a couple of months ago. I have posted here a few time before this. Since when is joining 3 or so months ago "just joining the site to take to a thread like this and have such strong opinions and loyalties"?

Think before you go calling me a "fake". Look up my ip address, whatever you like, I have nothing to hide here.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Some say this man is a monster. That was also my first reaction as I was visibly upset when this news broke.

I am sad for the whole family, yes I am even sad for him. Why?

Because he was in such an irrational state that he murdered his own flesh and blood and the potential was also there to kill the other two children. I think if he had gone to another location with less people around maybe we would have had a murder suicide being reported. He must have been in such a desperate state. None of us could possibly hope to understand the mindset of this man.

Rational, sane fathers do not murder their children.

Is it his fault he is sick? Is it his fault that he was out of control that day? Is it fair that we call him a monster? Should he be compared to Ivan Milat and others who have committed heinous crimes for thrills over a long period of time ?

I have been asking myself these questions and whilst I am respectful of all the opinions I have read in this thread, I can not help but feel some compassion and pity for this man.

There really is no need to flame me and I am not asking for anyone to agree.

take care all
res

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

My seventeen yr old son was pulled from his class this morning to be told that a friend he has known right through early school years has taken his own life,off the westgate he was an only child with a bright future and he leaves behind very confused and devastated friends,they were all about to begin vce together my son is crushed as they had only just been laughing and joking the day before no warning signs ,when you can put a face on a life lost you find it unbearable.The man who tossed his child over the bridge if you can call him a man should have his daughters pictures all over the walls of his cell ,and the images of our ever faithful paramedics trying to save what was left of a tiny life, he choose to snatch, what a cowardly and gutless act of sheer terror did this thing commit on an innocent child id like to ask him did he have his eyes open or shut before he let go i bet he was to much of a coward to face what he was about to let go of his own flesh and blood there is nothing more precious than your children!

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Darcey's picture is in this link.

What a waste of lfe.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join