It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Child 'thrown from Melbourne bridge' UPDATE Girl has died

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Well I watched the news yesterday evening and had such mixed feelings.
I watched this guy being taken away in the police car and he was in such a state you could see he had fluid coming from his nose and it was just dripping down. I felt so wretched for him.

Anyone ever had much to do with the Family Law Courts?

Read also that the initials of each of his children make up his business name... very very sad.

I think the guy just lost it...there is no other explanation for it...

so sad

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TheKingsVillian

Unfortunately TheKingsVillian your Statement is proved more often than not.
I read the Police put him on suicidal watch.If this Coward was suicidal why didn't he Jump off the Bridge himself lets hope the DPP uses this when he tries to plead insanity or Not of Sound Mind at the time!

Source:

Acting Detective Sergeant Damian Jackson, of the homicide squad, told the court a forensic medical officer examined Freeman after his arrest. "He is in an acute psychiatric state," Sgt Jackson said.

... "He is in an acute psychiatric state," SO, No One Cares

Sad Times.

Zelong.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Zelong

No offence mate but you obviously have no idea the effect a psychological condition can have on a person. While I'm not condoning his actions, just throwing him in the same basket as Ivan Milat and Martin Bryant is, in this case, very very wrong.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by Zelong

No offence mate but you obviously have no idea the effect a psychological condition can have on a person. While I'm not condoning his actions, just throwing him in the same basket as Ivan Milat and Martin Bryant is, in this case, very very wrong.

I won't put myself in his shoes on this one.The Coward MURDERED his OWN,Could not do worse than that!!

This is How I am.

Regards
Zelong.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Zelong

I am not asking you to put yourself in his shoes. The man had just come out of a family custody hearing which, we all know, can be absolutely brutal. Now what would you think would cause an otherwise upstanding man with a degree in IT who named his company after the initials of his 3 kids, to throw his youngest off a bridge?

That and his reaction afterwards says to me that he was in some sort of psychotic state and either doesn't remember throwing his kid off or was in such a condition that he was not in control of his actions. I have seen it before with a family member of mine who 'came to' a few hours later with no recollection that he'd just beaten the crap out of me and trashed the house (and no he had not been drinking).

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Kryties et al.

Someone dribbles a bit of snot and cries should be given sympathy? Spare me. He can have ALL the dribbling pathetic remorse in the world - he still DID IT.

And the comment about "coming to" after beating the crap out of you; you watch ANY police interrogation of people that have committed unspeakable acts, and it shows the perpetrator speaking in the 3rd person, and of "coming out of it". Well, of course they would say that. It's their ticket to a remorse-free life. Do what you want; the "ghost in my machine" did it. Not me. Poor me!

It's about time people started taking responsibility for their actions.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MR1159

Rightio, it is obvious to me that I am going to be continually attacked for supposedly supporting this man when in fact what I am doing is what my avatar says: Deny Emotion, Apply Logic.

It is a fact of life that emotion clouds logic. Right now all I am seeing is posts like "I hope he burns in hell" and "The coward should have thrown himself off". These are comments DRIPPING with emotion. Now while emotion is not a bad thing, it clouds ones logic to the point that common sense does not prevail.

What the man did was wrong, I fully agree with that. But you're all acting like he is the next Ivan Milat and THAT is just plain wrong.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Not me mate - logical thoughts here.

All I have said is that if I was there I'd throttle him. And you? If you were there? Give him counselling as he throws his kid off a bridge?

There's a cult of "lowest common denominatorism" out there, whereby the majority of sane, worthwhile citizens get punished because of the behaviour of those unwilling to take responsibility for their actions.

It's time we stopped having warm showers with these people and demonstrate that this kind of behaviour won't be tolerated - even if you are really really really sorry for your actions and swear that the devil made you do it.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MR1159
All I have said is that if I was there I'd throttle him. And you? If you were there? Give him counselling as he throws his kid off a bridge?

Do not put words into my mouth mate. I'm glad you think 'throttling' someone for something you haven't a clue about is such a good thing to do. Nobody had even a second to stop the man throwing his kid off so your point is mute. That and the fact your first thought would be to 'throttle him' is DRIPPING with emotion, not logic.

What matters is how he is dealt with in a courtroom. The man obviously needs help mentally, something that he can be provided with in a psychiatric facility. You just want to whack him in a cell and throw away the key. I hope, for your sake, that you never did anything that you regretted or didn't remember immediately afterward and get thrown in a cell for 20 years because nobody gave 2 hoots about what you were going through at the time.

I never said the man should not be punished, but if his psychosis is as bad as it looks then it should be in a psychiatric facility, not a prison cell.

[edit on 29/1/2009 by Kryties]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

So the most heinous crimes can never be committed by sane people? We only should throw fine-avoiders in jail? Hitler was "crazy", so if the allies had caught him, he wouldn't be punished under your "it's ok, you didn't mean it" regime would he?

I understand people can get into terrible mental states; but how about seeking help, as opposed to throwing a small child to her death????

I'm sorry, but there is no excuse for throwing a small child to her death.

QED.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MR1159
reply to post by Kryties

Hitler was "crazy", so if the allies had caught him, he wouldn't be punished under your "it's ok, you didn't mean it" regime would he?

So now you are equating this man to Hitler? Thankyou for proving my point.

I understand people can get into terrible mental states; but how about seeking help, as opposed to throwing a small child to her death????

You are still not getting it, let me simplify it down for you: His mental state at the time may have precluded him from knowing he needed help and from controlling his actions. If this is true then he deserves a psychiatric facility, not a prison cell.

I'm sorry, but there is no excuse for throwing a small child to her death.

I never said there was, in fact I have stated several times that it was wrong and he should be punished. I do not appreciate you attempting to make out like I support this man throwing his child off a bridge. That is childish and silly at best. Try having a 'grown-up' discussion for once in your life instead of throwing around baseless accusations.

If this is what this discussion is going to turn into then I'm outa here....you can wallow in your own pool of anger and bitterness all by yourself.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
If this is not dealt with in a severe manner,how many more children will die at the hands of psychotic or simply desperate(financially?) parents?

I have some sympathy for this man but not much.

[edit on 29-1-2009 by SvenTheBerserK]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SvenTheBerserK

Life in a psychiatric facility, where he can get the help he needs, as opposed to life in a prison cell where he will just get worse and worse and more people may end up being hurt as a result of him. That is what I am trying to say for crying out loud.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   

reply to post by Zelong

I am not asking you to put yourself in his shoes. The man had just come out of a family custody hearing which, we all know, can be absolutely brutal. Now what would you think would cause an otherwise upstanding man with a degree in IT who named his company after the initials of his 3 kids, to throw his youngest off a bridge?

That and his reaction afterwards says to me that he was in some sort of psychotic state and either doesn't remember throwing his kid off or was in such a condition that he was not in control of his actions. I have seen it before with a family member of mine who 'came to' a few hours later with no recollection that he'd just beaten the crap out of me and trashed the house (and no he had not been drinking).

I'm here commenting about a 4y old Baby by the name of Darcey Iris Freeman.

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Originally posted by primal
As a father myself I just don't understand how you could hurt your child.
When I got home from work today I gave my son an extra long cuddle and tickle.

R.I.P little girl

Her name was Darcey Iris Freeman.

The poor soul.

Thanks Chadwickus for the Babys Name

We still call a spade a spade here mate(Kryties) remember?

I'm buggered as too why you have taken on the part of defending a BABY KILLER who has no Regard for there Own Kin be it Biological or by Marriage.

There is No Defense for this COWARD

I'm not getting into a Debate about a Baby Kill,noway.
Now I have said my thoughts and I shale leave it at that.

In good Faith,Regards.

Zelong.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

when in fact what I am doing is what my avatar says: Deny Emotion, Apply Logic.

It is a fact of life that emotion clouds logic. Right now all I am seeing is posts like "The coward should have thrown himself off". These are comments DRIPPING with emotion.

The comment "He should have thrown himself off" is far more logical than emotional.

He threw his daughter off. Result: He will spend many years, maybe at least 20 or more in a secure facility. He won't be an effective father to his remaining two children. They will have to live with the horror of seeing their sister thrown off the bridge, maybe wondering if they'll be thrown off some day.

If he threw himself off. Result: He will die. His troubles will be gone. His children, while tramautised, will still have a chance to get over it. He probably had life insurance/superannuation that his children could also inherit. Given time, they'll perhaps understand that he was troubled but he never tried to harm them.

Logically, the FAR lesser of two evils would have been for him to throw himself off the bridge. That's a cold analysis, devoid of an emotional response.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Zelong

Please read what I wrote above before you erroneously claim that I am defending his actions. Learn to read please.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I am going to say this one more time for all those people out there who are incapable of reading between the lines and fully comprehending what I am trying to say.......I'll put it in nice bold letters so you won't miss it....

Life in a psychiatric facility, where he can get the help he needs, as opposed to life in a prison cell where he will just get worse and worse and more people may end up being hurt as a result of him. That is what I am trying to say for crying out loud.

STOP jumping to conclusions about me for crying out loud and read what I am trying to say.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Man you are doing lots of shouting, yet nobody hears you. Maybe it's the content, and not the volume?

I note that you are changing you tune somewhat though. You seem now to be saying lock him up for 20 years as well; just the style of cell is in question.

If this is too much for you to hear, perhaps you should bow out.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MR1159

Changing my tune? Quote me where I said the man deserves freedom....please...I bet you cannot.

I am agitated yes because I am frustrated at the fact that supposedly intelligent human beings cannot see what I am trying to say, you would rather accuse me of thinking the man is innocent or something.

Grow up seriously, I thought the readership of this website was more intelligent than that.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Update on this Sad case:

Source:

Note
A handwritten note found in the home of Mr Freeman yesterday spoke of "keeping a clear head". "You have a big fight on your hands and by no stretch of the imagination will it be easy," the note read.

I'm going to surmise this Notes writings are about keeping strong for the battle over the children etc....

So this COWARD couldn't stay strong he withered to the COWARD within!
But he couldn't Kill himself so he MURDERED his 4y old Baby!!

No Mercy for COWARDS like this.If a Mongrel dog walked into your yard and attack someone you would put it Down real Quick.
Well this COWARD is in this pack of Mongrel Dogs!!

Mr Freeman was too mentally disturbed to appear in court late yesterday, which was told he was on suicide watch.

Again I state:If this COWARD was suicidal why didn't he Jump off the Bridge himself?

Zelong.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join