It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Child 'thrown from Melbourne bridge' UPDATE Girl has died

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
The gutless wonder should have left the kids with someone and thrown himself off the bridge. Good riddance.

If he was that pscychotic, why didn't he just off himself?
Why kill his kid instead?

Speechless really.

Rest in peace little girl.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

I understand your point of view, but someone in that sort of state is 'detached' from themselves and medically incapable of controlling what they do.

If I'm wrong then I'm wrong, it's just a theory I'm floating out there. If he really was in control of his actions then he deserves everything he gets.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Didn't mean that post to come out as a direct hit at you. Apologies.
You don't have to agree with something to put out an alternative theory.
I get what you were doing. I do it myself sometimes too to try and make sense of the nonsensical.

With all the hostility that's known to go on in custody cases and how often it turns to violence, it's becoming a lot more common. Which is a tragedy.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

All good mate
You are right about the increasing amount of hostility coming out of custody cases these days. I wonder if it truly is an increase or are the media just reporting on it more in order to address the situation?

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Probably both.
I really think it's time to dismantle the Family Law Act and rewrite it from the ground up.
It was compiled in the 70s during the Whitlam era when life was very different.

Don't know if that would prevent tragedies like this, but if mens interests could be better served, it may help a lot.
Men spend a lot more time with their kids than they used to even up to 10 years ago. So surely the new age family oriented dad deserves a better deal that he sometimes gets under the present draconian laws.

I'm female and try to see it from both sides.
Relationship break ups involving kids are pretty hard but often the Family Law Court and the Child Support Agency with their wierd and whacky formulas create so much stress for people that it often results in depression and suicide. Sad , no matter which way you look at it.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   

If he was that pscychotic, why didn't he just off himself?
Why kill his kid instead?

Because he was pscychotic.

People who are crazy, are, well, crazy. They litterally don't think like a human being.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
As a father myself I just don't understand how you could hurt your child.
When I got home from work today I gave my son an extra long cuddle and tickle.

R.I.P little girl

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by primal
As a father myself I just don't understand how you could hurt your child.
When I got home from work today I gave my son an extra long cuddle and tickle.

R.I.P little girl

Her name was Darcey Iris Freeman.

The poor soul.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
its amazing that with all that traffic nobody saw it happened.

it saddens me that someone could comit such a horrible act of cruelty.

R.I.P Darcy

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
The way i see it (Being divorced with 2 boys in x-wife's custody).
Murder is murder regardless of his mental health.

I contemplated suicide after loosing my children....but never in even my most twisted dreams could i ever harm my boy's.

Also there were i think two other children in the car as this man was killing his little girl....They are going to need a lot of help and love.

I feel sad and ill thinking about this.

[edit on 29-1-2009 by SvenTheBerserK]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I dont really know how or wat to say...

But reading ONLY the thread topic

here is my reaction : WTF?

cant really add more

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlightyDon't know if that would prevent tragedies like this, but if mens interests could be better served, it may help a lot.

Men spend a lot more time with their kids than they used to even up to 10 years ago. So surely the new age family oriented dad deserves a better deal that he sometimes gets under the present draconian laws.

Oh...so if the men could get their way and get custody then they wouldn't have to murder their own kids? Great idea that. Start a new campaign for fathers rights and use that has the slogan. "Good fathers don't want to kill their kids, the court makes us do it!".

And I do wonder if he planned to kill the other kids (and possibly himself) but just didn't have the balls to do the rest after the first one?

[edit on 29-1-2009 by Sonya610]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by iced_blue

I think that a few people saw it happen. However, if you've never travelled on the Westgate, then you won't know the situation.

You're not allowed to stop on the bridge. At the top of the bridge there are thin emergency lanes. He would have been in the left lane, moved to the shoulder and stopped.

When he got out of the car, maybe people thought that he was trying to fix it? It would not have been until the few seconds that it would have taken for him to throw Darcey, would anyone have really noticed. By then, he's back in his car and driving off.

I sometimes see cars stopped on the Westgate. I look, but when you're driving past at 80 km/h, there's not much you can do.

My friend had someone stop his car in front of him, years ago. He stopped before the top, where there are no emergency lanes. Kind of on the on-ramp from the Williamstown entry. The bloke ran to the edge of the bridge and jumped. Dead. He did it during peak time, so he stopped traffic. My friend was a prime witness. He had no chance to get out of the car to try anything and he was right behind him.

EDIT: This story is pages 1 through 5 of today's Herald-Sun Newspaper. There were quite a few witnesses who still can't believe what they saw. I'm not going to read about it. There's no point. It's upsetting enough as it is.

[edit on 29-1-2009 by tezzajw]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Its times like this when I think an eye for an eye just might work.
I would love to see this arshole thrown off a bridge.
Mental case or not...I will not justify his actions in anyway.
He needs to get what he dished out.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
This story was mentioned on CNN, they say the girl has died and they caught her father, he was in a car with two other children (they are alive). What drove him to kill her? Thankfully he spared the lives of his two other children, but why? Can you imagine how horrified the surviving children must be right now?

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by iced_blue

I heard a journo on Sunrise (Sydney Ch 7) say that a lot of people on the bridge saw this happen but it was really quick and was over before they realised what he had actually done. The journo said that lots of the motorists called 000 and that the water police were there within 10 minutes.

take care all
res

[edit on 29-1-2009 by resistancia]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Can I just add that Melbourne was at the time and still is experiencing the longest most severe heat-wave in recorded history? On top of the custody stress, perhaps he went a bit Troppo??

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by iced_blue

it saddens me that someone could comit such a horrible act of cruelty.

R.I.P Darcy

I read the story today, and apparently it happened so quick, nothing could have been done. He basically pulled up and threw her over in a second. And due to the position of where she was thrown and the currents nobody was in a position to save/ help her

I disagree with those wanting to hurt this guy, apparently he has psychological issues and is deep regret for what he has done. Although I think he needs psychological counselling and a hefty prison sentence as well.

What a waste

R.I.P Darcey

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
This is very upsetting. I was very shocked when I heard that she died; I felt like sobbing for the loss of this poor little soul.

Now; the perpetrator:
I don't support the death penalty - never have. But, if I had been on that bridge and reached him in time, I would have throttled him.

I don't care what the psychiatrists may say; there is a kernel of the true self still left inside a psychotic's mind. These people choose to not listen to the rational voice. They have a chance to alter their actions. I will probably take a few hits for these comments, but I firmly believe it.

He should be incarcerated - never to be released. Hopefully he finds himself in a prison with inmates that have a deep-seated moral conviction that children (let alone your own) should never be harmed.

We are the master of our own destiny, and this creep should not be spared.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
*Snip* I know its not a black and white issue, its a red one from where i'm standing.

They should take him back to the scene of the "crime" and *Snip* him over the edge.

Review These Links: Term and Conditions: Profanity

Communicating Threats of Violence on ATS

[edit on 1/30/2009 by semperfortis]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join