It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brits Shoot at UFOs, Ex-official Says

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Probably little. The things arn't shooting back, so don't really seem to be much of a threat.

I would guess that they would try different weapons, but not use anything too expensive if they arn't being shot at themselves. Since, if that fails, they have wasted one more weapon.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by welivefortheson

True, true, all too true.

I assumed we were discussing the "alien" thingy exclusively. The universe is far more densely populated then we currently believe...

But yes, I concur we are dumb in some ways, smart in others, violent monkeys that should be prevented from entering the galactic club at all costs until we evolve further.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

So what the heck are these guys trying to achieve?

What do all men in power want to achieve? My guess would be more power. And if they got their hands on some alien tech. That would give them a huge advantage over anyone that would stand in their way!

This absolutely amazes me that men would even try to shoot at these beings?

Or is this just a cover up for something else all together?

Lets say they claim they are trying to shoot down UFO. And the real reason would be that they are fighting a secert War Vs an unknown human group that got their hands on some of our fighter Jets and other weapons made by the good ole USA..

I mean what better way to cover their butts than to claim.. Oh we where just shooting at UFO.. They wouldnt want the information getting out that the bad guys got their hands on all our tech..

Same with Roswell.. From what I learned on ATS.. Is that it wasnt a UFO at all.. It was a spy ballon from either Russia, or Japan..

Chances are big that this is a cover up..

Granted.. I still know there is life else where in our huge universe..
Thats not a question in my mind..

Is man really that bold to try to shoot down advanced ships from other solarsystems? And again, prehaps they didnt have to travle from distant solar systems. Or galaxies.. Maybe they are indeed right in our own back yard.. So many ways to think about this..

Yet I clearly know.. Something is not right here.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
You've got to love us Brits haven't you. A superior race of beings travel across millions of miles of interstellar space, reach this tiny little blue planet and the first thing that happens to him is Algy with his stiff upper lip and handlebar moustache starts shooting at him with his primitive little weapons before flying back for tea and crumpets while having a right old sing song down at the Old Bull And Bush!
What's the betting that just before these pilots pressed the fire button they shouted, Tallyho!
"You couldn't make it up. . . "

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

Hehe man.. Thanks for that.. It gave me a good chuckle.. Tea and crumpets!! hehe So true your words are..

Its still amazed at this.. If its true.. Damn it.. who gave them the right to shoot at them???

I hope they understand they don't speak for us.. Not all of us want them dead... Gezzz man.. Just like the late Carl Sagan said.. Who speaks for Earth... I guess talk is cheap.. We speak with fire!!

Edit--spelled crumpets wrong..hehe

[edit on 28-1-2009 by zysin5]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

Think about it from the otherside...people are saying if these aliens wanted to, they could destroy us easily.

Well, surely it's best NOT to let them shoot first then, and instead try to destroy them before they destroy us.

I can see both sides here, but if these things are aliens. They keep coming back even though we are shooting at them, so they must be fair certain we arn't a threat to their ships, and are curious.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by StevenDye

I can see both sides here, but if these things are aliens. They keep coming back even though we are shooting at them, so they must be fair certain we arn't a threat to their ships, and are curious.

That suggests a very high level of motivation or boredom on their part then! I wonder what exactly it is they feel so compelled to keep coming back for then?

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

To look and observe...sure we arn't shooting them down. But we are shooting them, they arn't going to hang around to give us a nice good look at them. If they don't know our weapon strengths, for all they know a good look at their ship could provide us with the information to use an effective weapon against them...

All speculation of course.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
This smells of disinformation to me.
No pilot is going to open fire on anything - never mind an unidentified - without getting orders to do so from ground control. This is not only to cover his or her arse in case of triggering anything from downing a civilian airliner to triggering an interstellar war. He's gonna want backup & proof he was ordered to do so, and the article states it is down to the pilot's judgement call?
Please!

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
reply to post by scottr.

This is neat. I just got a phone call not to long ago about this being on the news. Im telling you, within the next few years we will have significant proof and visits.

I agree! Stories like this often appear to begin preparing the masses for a sudden revelation that changes how people view and understand the world and life. It makes sense too that the first people they would expose would be the military in case they are required to be a large scale part of it.

Thanks for the post!

Really? Awesome!

I would LOVE to see your chain of evidence!
I must have missed the gear up stories like this that have appeared in the past that begin preparing the masses for a sudden revelation that changes how people view and understand the world and life.

I am so clueless...

PLEASE tell me about the other stories that have changed how people view and understand the world and life.

Thanks in advance!!

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
It was early 1950s ... during the Truman years ... and no, we didn't try to shoot it down ... the saucers just played cat and mouse with our fighter jets ...

reply to post by ugie1028

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by gormly

PLEASE tell me about the other stories that have changed how people view and understand the world and life.

There is a black man sitting in the White House at the moment. I think that speaks volumes for media preparing people for changes. I would wage if you went back to the nation's founding and viewed the changes in press attitude and disclosure towards black society and culture in America you would have seen a lot of press changing an evolving general public perception.

That is just one obvious example that comes to mind.

I have no doubt several similiar examples will dawn on you if you give it some hard thought.

I can appreciate your skepticism though. Thanks for the post.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sonicology

The UK does have an official cover up regarding UFOs.

Georgina Bruni's book, 'You can't tell the people' has as it's title, a quote from Ex-Prime minister Margaret Thatcher during an interview/meeting with the author. It's a direct reference to UFO's.

Whether or not it's hushed up and ridiculed because they don't really know what the hell they are, and don't want to look helpless (political vanity over truth), or other reasons altogether, your guess is as good as mine.

If it's because those in the know think the public too immature to handle the implications, i wish they'd drop that particular patronising drivvel.

The UK doesn't seem as patronising as the US PTB though i think.

spikey

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

Good post

The fear=violence mentality of the military doesn't surprise me.
There is something to be said for assuming UFOs have travelled light years to get here though - some reseachers speculate there may well be undersea bases and that they might have been around for a while:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also,as posted on the other thread-here are some apt quotes about Nick Pope's comments:

"We have stacks of reports about flying saucers. We take them seriously when you consider we have lost many men and planes trying to intercept them."
GENERAL BENJAMIN CHIDLAW
Air Defense Command

"At this time the reports of incidents convince us that there is something going on that must have immediate attention. Sightings of unexplained objects at high altitudes and traveling at high speeds in the vicinity of major U.S. defense installations are of such nature that they are not attributable to natural phenomena or known types of vehicles."
H. MARSHALL CHADWELL
Assistant Director of Scientific Intelligence, CIA
December 2, 1952

"No agency in this country or Russia is able to duplicate at this time the speeds and accelerations which radars and observers indicate these flying objects are able to achieve... there are objects coming into our atmosphere at very high speeds."
ADMIRAL DELMER S. FAHMEY
Former Head U.S. Navy Guided-Missile Program
New York Times, Page 31, January 17, 1957

"UFO sightings are now so common, the military doesn't have time to worry about them. . .when a UFO appears, they simply ignore it. . .Unconventional targets are ignored because apparently we are only interested in Russian targets, possibly enemy targets. Something that hovers in the air, then shoots off at 5,000 miles per hour, doesn't interest us, because it can't be the enemy. UFOs are picked up by ground and air radar, and they have been photographed by gun camera all along. There are so many UFOs in the sky that the Air Force has had to employ special radar networks to screen them out."
LEE KATCHEN
NASA atmospheric physicist
June 7, 1968

John Maynard:

Quote:

"I said, “Now this is supposed to be a system that tracks radar anomalies on Earth, right?” He says, “Yep, that’s what it does.” So I ask, “Then why are half of them pointed toward outer space, towards the moon, towards areas that are just blank space? What are they looking for?” He says, “Well, you’ve got to have a need to know to know about that”.…We go back to a comment made by one of the astronauts when he stepped on the moon. It was the day after they got there. It was the original flight, and he says, “You’re right, they’re already here.” It got out on the airwaves. I know several people who recorded it. It was quickly taken out of all tapes that were public broadcast".
John Maynard, Defense Intelligence Agency, Military Intelligence Analyst

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
First I want to say this, tonight there is a new UFO Hunters on at 10:00 EST on the History channel and it's called, "UFO Storm" and it is about exploring the sightings in the UK and about the renewed interest in UFO's since the release of the 2008 files.

Now, it is correct there are different species of beings that are deep within our waters and as they told me long ago, "we are safe and secure, there is no equipment made on Earth that can reach us....we are in your waters, in the "deepest" of your waters."

Now let's glance at two triangles, the Bermuda and the Dragon's triangle. It seems they just seem to be located nearish to some of our deepest waters, the Puerto Rico Trench and the Mariana Trench. I do believe our subs would be better off if they emitted low frequency wave lengths and with luck might pick up something but then again they should already know this is they come to ATS and read what I write

Many here say they are ready for the truth and I think maybe some are ready, "but" it would be very hard for most because they have been taught all wrong and they will stick to what they know. (THERE COMFORT ZONE SO TO SAY) so it will be very difficult for them to learn how they have been lied to and how all this time they could have really been free and not have had to live like they do and suffer like they have. Look at all the lives lost that shouldn't have been lost and look at all the suffering from disease when there is no reason for it.

One point I need to make again and this point is to save your lives and if people don't listen in less then four decades "you" aren't going to be walking on this beautiful Orb.

"""Plant trees in mass."""

One correct thing is the CO2 is overtaking this Planet and if we don't get a move on it and plant in mass we won't have enough Oxygen in our air to survive.

"""The Tree of Life""" yup it's telling you The Tree of """LIFE""" Trees and Plants without them we aren't ...............

Let's just quickly look at the tree.
1.) It supplies us with Oxygen
2.) It gives us nourishment
3.) It Cures and as I was told , All Diseases can be cured from the root's of plants.

Now I have written they consider us a stupid species, are the people going to wake up and fix everything they broke, like working together to clean the air, water and soil we destroyed so far.

The peoples on this Planet don't know it but they are now at the fork in the road... you all need to look within yourself and choose your path..will you make the wrongs that have occurred "right" and help one another, and all be family or will you take the path and wait for everyone else to do the work because you are comfortable and lazy.

The continuation of our existance falls upon our own hands.... my question is to all of you, are we good or are we bad?

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I find it funny how everyones like "why shoot them down?" well why not??? if they are in our air space and will not respond or move then what else are you ment to do?? it is a security threat! who's to say that these ufo's aren't human engineered?? and if they wern't then wouldn't their technology and undertstanding be so great that they would know we were going to try shoot them down??

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by observe50

Thanks for the tip on the UFO Hunters episode. I'm watching it now.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join