It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brits Shoot at UFOs, Ex-official Says

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Brits Shoot at UFOs, Ex-official Says

www.military.com

LONDON -- A former official with the British Ministry of Defense said military pilots in the country have been shooting at UFOs since the 1980s.

Nick Pope, former head of the Ministry of Defense's UFO project, said UFOs have been fired upon but none have been brought down or captured by the Royal Air Force, The Daily Telegraph reported Monday.

"There was a faction in the MoD who said 'We want to shoot down a UFO and that will resolve the issue one way or another,'"
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
This is an interesting little article from United Press International on Military.com today. The daily newsletter published for people in the military, there families and people with an interest in the armed forces reports on all things military. The short article states that the official British Government policy is only to shoot at UFO’s that appear hostile. I wonder what makes a UFO appear hostile or friendly. The article states that so far the weapons used against UFO’s don’t appear to have any effect on the craft. It will be interesting to see what else might pop up in the mainstream media regarding this story in the next few days. A couple weeks ago Military.com ran a story from a former U.S. Drug Czar who claimed Mexico was on the verge of disintegrating into civil war because of the drug cartels and within a few days the mainstream media had several different stories talking about Mexican internal stability and the possibility of civil war within Mexico. Keep your eyes open for more on this story too.

www.military.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
This is neat. I just got a phone call not to long ago about this being on the news. Im telling you, within the next few years we will have significant proof and visits.

Star and Flaged

By the way, this is my first post on ATS in over a year.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by scottr.

This is neat. I just got a phone call not to long ago about this being on the news. Im telling you, within the next few years we will have significant proof and visits.

I agree! Stories like this often appear to begin preparing the masses for a sudden revelation that changes how people view and understand the world and life. It makes sense too that the first people they would expose would be the military in case they are required to be a large scale part of it.

Thanks for the post!

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Shoot them down and then look at the anatomy of them!

If UFO's are real, and they can enter our atmosphere and leave it like that then I hate to think if they have any weapons aboard for if we do shoot down one UFO.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

interview with Nick Pope..

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Shoot them down and then look at the anatomy of them!

Thats what the article stated was more or less the purpose of the shoot down order. If one can be brought down and examined it could end the UFO controversy once and for all.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
The Russian military supposedly has a "shoot-first" policy with ufos...
It would be interesting to see this story on Drudge...

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Can you imagine a UFO turning up and one of our military groups sends some planes up armed to the teeth to shoot it down?
With the vastly superior intelligence it must be like watching a two year old taking pot shots with a pea shooter.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by coastlinekid

The Russian military supposedly has a "shoot-first" policy with ufos...

Yeah it sure would be!

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
Stories like this often appear to begin preparing the masses for a sudden revelation that changes how people view and understand the world and life.

Whilst I would really like to believe this is true, I've heard that we are "on the brink of disclosure" too many times now to build my hopes up again.

I wonder if Nick Pope is correct in his assertion that there is NOT a UFO cover-up in the UK? He has said that the problem is not that we are withholding evidence but that we have a lack of solid evidence to begin with. To be honest I always assumed that he and his colleagues were kept in the dark whilst a small group of individuals were "in the know" but I may be wrong and it may actually be the case that the British military is clueless as to what is really going on. I'm now sure which scenario I find more worrying...

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
And the point of shooting at them would be? You really think we could even scratch the surface of them if they're real?

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
ok so if a bear wanders into camp and sees a human and thinks to himself, "hmm, lets just bite everyone" we would probably destroy that bear, correct? sooooo if we go around shooting at aliens in their cozy little crafts because "shooting one down will resolve the problem one way or another" thats when you become the bear. and the bear is dead. its amazing that if these ufo stories have any truth to them, and there are actual intelligent beings out there, that the first thing they are greeted with is one of our dumbest humans with a machine gun. and these people are running our countries... very nice.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
no wonder we have not made contact yet. Our idea of saying hi is shooting down their ride. How does that work they visit us, we shoot them down and then go on to tell them how civilized we are?

[edit on by YoungStalin]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Oh the humanity!!! Whatever happened to Welcome to Earth. We are that agressive Hostile species in the Movies. Shoot First questions later

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I seriously doubt we are able to shoot them down whatever they are. Most reports seem to indicate they are capable of toying with our most advanced jets. At this time they appear to be neutral as if they are just observing, but I'd hate to think what would happen if we somehow pissed them off. Short of the crazy stories we here coming from psychics and remote viewers we have no idea of what were dealing with. Though I think it's safe to say they're more technologically advanced than us and it's probably not the best idea to treat them as an enemy.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   

[n/m] didn't read it that good

/ontopic
Wonder how long it's going to take, had some 'disclosure' moments through the last decade which all turned out to be nothing.

[edit on 27-1-2009 by mortje]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Also posted on Foxnews.com S&F for you OP!

www.foxnews.com...

I think CNN has the 2012 movie thing covered. aw they are sharing!

Hmmm anyone else feel the energy in this day to be awkward

(talking to the star kids here ladies n gents)

Sorry if i jumped off topic for a sec...

well we need to shoot these things down to get real proof (if in fact they do exist)

back in 42 or 43 with the UFO incident over DC, didn't they shoot at the thing, and the thing wasn't even scathed? didn't the US discover that using magnetic impulses (or an EMP) or use the frequency that emits from power lines to disable these things? i remember reading stories on this somewhere...

correct me if im wrong!

Edit: grummar end to put in S&F

[edit on 27-1-2009 by ugie1028]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I have read that they are sometimes susceptible to (WWII era) radar radiation, unless this was a reference to the old George Pal movie “Earth Vs The Flying Saucers”; which was very cheesy yet it had some very original ideas not since copied in movies (such as ET UAV's).

My point is conventional weapons clearly have no effect, as the operational characteristics if truly reported make them air superior by many generations; so its probably best not to piss them off and just stick to bullying Iran who probably wont be able to disintegrate us any time soon.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Front page of FOX News web site:

www.foxnews.com...

www.foxnews.com...

Kudos to Nick Pope for talking straight about UFOs.

[edit on 27-1-2009 by ufo reality]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join