It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brits Shoot at UFOs, Ex-official Says

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
OH GOD DAMNET! well looks like our race is done for

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I find it funny how everyones like "why shoot them down?" well why not??? if they are in our air space and will not respond or move then what else are you ment to do?? it is a security threat! who's to say that these ufo's aren't human engineered?? and if they wern't then wouldn't their technology and undertstanding be so great that they would know we were going to try shoot them down??

I agree obtaining one of the crafts and pilot or crew sure might be in Britians interest. It doesn't seem to be working for them to good though to date!

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS

interview with Nick Pope..

Nick Pope was a strong sceptic until recently for some reason.

Here is the bbc report where he changed his mind www.youtube.com...

It is interesting that he has not been on the UK media saying anything at all about shooting UFO's etc.

3 reasons he could have done a U turn

1 - Money
2 - Change of opinion
3 - Scare mongering

Time will tell

I believe its a combination all 3.

[edit on 29-1-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Nick Pope has been on TV before re this issue and has also written books on the subject several years ago. Yes it could all be a scam but there is too much evidence to prove otherwise.

UFO's have been recorded by artists in their painting hundreds of years ago. Our myths of little people etc. probally refers to sightings of alien lifeforms.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
So it seems my fellow Brits in the MOD are toying with then UFO's? Who in their right mind would try to shoot 1 down?
would u punch a Lion in the face? Me thinks not....

Peace

Shen Long

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Master Shen long
So it seems my fellow Brits in the MOD are toying with then UFO's? Who in their right mind would try to shoot 1 down?

Peace

Shen Long

If i was backed against a wall then your damn straight i would punch a lion in the face

Whatever is violating our airspace shouldnt be, full stop. If they are alien and they come in peace then they should announce themselves. If they come in hostility then they deserve to be shot at. And if its a foriegn nations technology then they should get the hell out of airspace anyway or again, they deserve to be shot down.

I have no problem with them firing at these things

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Master Shen long

Or kick a demon in the crotch...

There is recorded documentation of these craft slam dunking airplanes and scorching tracts of land. They can manipulate pilot controls and shut down power on bases, disarm nuclear missiles, and have no compunction about doing things humans would never dream of...like mutilating people.

Perhaps it is a British agenda to manufacture a new enemy.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O

Yes,until he started working for the MOD UFO desk and actualy looking into credible incidents and well documented military reports , Nick Pope freely admits he thought the UFO subject was 'just a lot of silly nonsense'.
Its interesting that after dispassionately examining case files/credible incidents he completely reversed his position and stated that he beleived the UFO phenomenon to be 'a very real one'.

His case is comparable to the well respected scientist Dr. J. Allen Hynek who was initialy employed by the American government/USAF to debunk the UFO subject - he was the father of the infamous swamp gas debunk but again,after impartial analysis of case files and studying credible military reports,he also completely reversed his position:

Dr. J. Allen Hynek speaking in the 1970s:

"Before I began my association with the air force, I had
joined my scientific colleagues in many a hearty guffaw
at the "psychological postwar craze" for flying saucers
that seemed to be sweeping the country and at the naivete
and gullibility of our fellow human beings who were being
taken in by such obvious "nonsense." It was almost in a
sense of sport that I accepted the invitation to have a
look at the flying saucer reports....."

"I had started out as an outright 'debunker,' taking
great joy in cracking what seemed at first to be puzzling
cases. I was the arch enemy of those 'flying saucer
groups and enthusiasts' who very dearly wanted UFOs to be
interplanetary. My own knowledge of those groups came
almost entirely from what I heard from Blue Book
personnel; they were all "crackpots and visionaries.'"

Dr. J. Allen Hynek speaking in the 1980s:

"Now, however, documentation which puts the UFO-
U.S. government controversy in quite a new light has
become available. The authors have made revealing use of
documents released through the mechanism of the Freedom
of Information Act and other data which have been made
available to them, often through private sources, which
show that the CIA and NSA protestations of innocence and
lack of interest in UFOs are nothing short of
prevarication."

"The reader must judge for himself or herself just
how far these implications extend, but certainly no one
can deny any longer that various intelligence agencies of
our government were long cognizant of UFOs and the global
extent of this phenomenon. Official dispatches from our
embassies and air bases in other countries to these
agencies, to the State Department, and even, on occasion,
to the White House, bear incontrovertible witness to
this."

"For the government to continue to maintain that
UFOs are nonexistent in the face of the documents already
released and of other cogent evidence presented in this
book is puerile and in a sense an insult to the American
people."

www.cohenufo.org...

Perhaps these quotes about impartialy,objectivity and intellectual honesty in regard to the UFO subject are appropriate:

"Any scientist who did not read some serious books and articles presenting the real indications of the phenomenon should have intellectual honesty to abstain from making declarations presented as scientists"
Dr. Bernard HAISCH-Astronomer

"One refuses to study the facts because they are not included/understood, but to include/understand them, they would have initially to be studied"
A. MEESSEN-Physicist

"I believe that the attitude of spirit that one must adopt with respect to these phenomena is a completely open attitude of spirit, i.e. who does not consist in denying a priori as besides our ancestors of the previous centuries had to deny things which appear perfectly elementary to us today"
(Mr. Robert Galley, Minister for the Armies) ?

"The best means of not finding an evidence, it is not to seek some".
Pierre Guerin (astrophysicist, research director at
CNRS)

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I doubt very much we have the technology to shoot down a ufo. It would be like an ant sticking it's tiny claw in our shoe. The Roswell ufo crash probably had nothing to do with humans. I've read that there was "storm like activity" just before the Roswell crash, so maybe a) they were hit by lightning which I find unlikely or b) two races or sects of ufos were fighting each other.

But I do wonder why we are shooting at ufo's at all. It seems to indicate that we cannot make any kind of normal communication with them which seems ominous for humans, although if you walked by an ant hill would you stop and try to talk to the ants, and what would you possibly talk about anyway.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Well, if we do manage to shoot one of these UFOs down I hope the inhabitants are friendly because they're going to have to get use to the British weather, enjoy warm beer, love curry's and kebabs, weak tea, arthritis and everyone, and I mean everyone trying to fleece you everytime you set foot out of your front door.
The chances are that after a week or so of suffering the hospitality of the UK the aliens will wish they had perished in the crash!

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.
Well, if we do manage to shoot one of these UFOs down I hope the inhabitants are friendly because they're going to have to get use to the British weather, enjoy warm beer, love curry's and kebabs, weak tea, arthritis and everyone, and I mean everyone trying to fleece you everytime you set foot out of your front door.

You forgot to add contemptuous self serving politicians,rabid religious extremists and pychotic knife wielding youngsters.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Brits Shoot at UFOs, Ex-official Says

www.military.com

LONDON -- A former official with the British Ministry of Defense said military pilots in the country have been shooting at UFOs since the 1980s.

Nick Pope, former head of the Ministry of Defense's UFO project, said UFOs have been fired upon but none have been brought down or captured by the Royal Air Force, The Daily Telegraph reported Monday.

"There was a faction in the MoD who said 'We want to shoot down a UFO and that will resolve the issue one way or another,'"
(visit the link for the full news article)

Hmm, hard to bring them down AFAIK due to the lack of heat signature and their 'speedy' methods of zipping about.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Do you think that when/if we start travelling to other planets, their inhabitants would start shooting at us?

I suppose you could equate it to a South American jungle native trying to spear a bulldozer.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Master Shen long

Only if he was having me over for dinner! Great post.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Do you think that when/if we start travelling to other planets, their inhabitants would start shooting at us?

With our reputation on this planet it is entirely possible they would start shooting at us! Could you imagine the Berlitz Travel Dictionary on that one? kru la up si san naw = please don't shoot at us!

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

1 - Money
2 - Change of opinion
3 - Scare mongering

1- Money? .. are you aware of him promoting a documentary the rest of us seem to have missed out on?

2- Change of opinion? .. doubtful, the British are more conservative in general than you give them credit for. Perhaps the MoD releasing their previously declassified UFO files has given a Nick a slightly different perspective, not a change in opinion though. He has always been an advocate of disclosure and getting the truth out either way.

3- Scare mongering? .. I find it strange that you would pick someone who works for the ministry of defense; as a candidate for fear mongering.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

With our reputation on this planet it is entirely possible they would start shooting at us!

Yes-objectively speaking,through successive wars in the last century we've killed over 100 million of our own kind -not realy a good advertisement for homo sapiens.
I suspect that if a sufficiently advanced civilisation realy did make contact it would regard many of us as 'homicidal little bald monkeys'.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

I suspect that if a sufficiently advanced civilisation realy did make contact it would regard many of us as 'homicidal little bald monkeys'.

Oh wow! You are so right, what are we thinking? These beings good have succesful hair regrowth technology that could end male pattern baldness for ever.

One of their craft must be brought down at all costs!

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majorion
reply to post by XXXN3O

1 - Money
2 - Change of opinion
3 - Scare mongering

1- Money? .. are you aware of him promoting a documentary the rest of us seem to have missed out on?

2- Change of opinion? .. doubtful, the British are more conservative in general than you give them credit for. Perhaps the MoD releasing their previously declassified UFO files has given a Nick a slightly different perspective, not a change in opinion though. He has always been an advocate of disclosure and getting the truth out either way.

3- Scare mongering? .. I find it strange that you would pick someone who works for the ministry of defense; as a candidate for fear mongering.

I was speaking hypothetically.

He is appearing on television programs in the UK and the world more often due to an increase in his profile which is a money motive.

He was known as a hard sceptic until he U turned to believing in UFO's etc.

Government fear mongering is commonplace in the UK, this guy used to work for the government. Why else come out with a statement about the UK being defenceless from UFO attack!!??

Dont get me wrong I think it is a good thing a former ministry defence minister is turning around but motive is a question that must be asked.

Lots of cash to be made.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join