It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican attacks US abortion move

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by resistancia

True, and when caught the doctors were charged with murder.

But I don't see why tax payer should foot the bill.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Thank you, I respect yours also as it is well thoughtout and true.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by BugByte

You know as well I do that refraining is easier for some and contraception is often neglected for whatever reasons. Contraception is also not infallible and can fail.

Me personally? Well I have never had to make a decision to have an abortion but I worked with very young girls who chose to abort for various reasons.

Most of these young frightened girls are so stressed about the moral implications and are racked with guilt after the procedure that it is heartbreaking, some appear to deal with the decision a little better.

It is/was their choice and I respect the right to choose.

res

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by resistancia
reply to post by BugByte

You know as well I do that refraining is easier for some and contraception is often neglected for whatever reasons. Contraception is also not infallible and can fail.

Me personally? Well I have never had to make a decision to have an abortion but I worked with very young girls who chose to abort for various reasons.

Most of these young frightened girls are so stressed about the moral implications and are racked with guilt after the procedure that it is heartbreaking, some appear to deal with the decision a little better.

It is/was their choice and I respect the right to choose.

res

Agian I agree with you it sounds like you have more experience in the field then most. though I do not believe it is the right thing to do, but like you said these girls are very young(the only thing i know is that i know nothing at all) Aristole

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by frankdatank

Just my thoughts on the topic feel free to tell me if I'm wrong

I'm not saying you're wrong, I clearly disagree with your reasoning. It's too narrow and simplistic, does not factor in what needs to be, hence why I stated what I stated. (just my opinion)

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by BugByte

Would it not be easier to just keep it in you pant's?

Again, a very ignorant way of looking at those who abort. Some are raped, some do it for medical reasons, some protect themselves every way they can and accidents happen. Let's cut out this childishness, this is a very personal issue that involves various situations and people.

[edit on 26-1-2009 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by BugByte

I'll ask of you what I ask anyone who puts down women who abort: Are you personally or through your tax dollars willing to pay for a woman’s hospital bills as she carries an unwanted child to term? Are you willing to pay welfare for her when she decides to keep the child? Are you willing to adopt the outrageous amount of kids who will end up in foster care? Are you willing to shell out more money for the system to care for them and to pay for foster parents to feed and clothes them? Are you willing to be placed with the respnsability of finding two loving, capable parents to raise them? When you're willing to do any of the following then you can judge a woman who aborts, if not then you are not one to talk. This is a complicated issue that sometimes comes with a lot of expenses and comes with a lot of choices. The woman should be able to decide which is right for her and how to handle it, if you want to decide for her then you should have to take part of the responsability, otherwise mind your own business.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage

Just my thoughts on the topic feel free to tell me if I'm wrong

I'm not saying you're wrong, I clearly disagree with your reasoning. It's too narrow and simplistic, does not factor in what needs to be, hence why I stated what I stated. (just my opinion)

Please tell me more as you can see i'm open minded, resistancia post made me think differently about the topic. You use the words narrow and simplistic, please tell me how? So that I may learn, Although I still hold my original beliefs resistancia made me think of it in a different may hence my qoute, All I know is that I know is that I know nothing Aristotle

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   

You use the words narrow and simplistic, please tell me how?

This statement says it all:

but we could also lower are spending by exterminating handicapped mentally and physically as most are on government assistance we should go ahead and take of elderly to or at least the ones recieving government assistance

Comparing non-comparables. Because of your own way of thinking you see something as relatable that just isn’t when assessing the situation as a whole and not a snippet. I’m not trying to put you down whatsoever, just explaining (as you wished) why I state what I stated. I noticed this is your first day here so I’m going to assume you may not have read the rules and don’t know about off topic post. I’m done assessing your statements because I don’t think it’s contributing to the conversation, it’s just becoming off-topic back and forth. However if you’d like to continue discussing abortion I’ll have no trouble replying.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage

You use the words narrow and simplistic, please tell me how?

This statement says it all:

but we could also lower are spending by exterminating handicapped mentally and physically as most are on government assistance we should go ahead and take of elderly to or at least the ones recieving government assistance

Comparing non-comparables. Because of your own way of thinking you see something as relatable that just isn’t when assessing the situation as a whole and not a snippet. I’m not trying to put you down whatsoever, just explaining (as you wished) why I state what I stated. I noticed this is your first day here so I’m going to assume you may not have read the rules and don’t know about off topic post. I’m done assessing your statements because I don’t think it’s contributing to the conversation, it’s just becoming off-topic back and forth. However if you’d like to continue discussing abortion I’ll have no trouble replying.

Your right i didn't read the rule
The problems is you say that it is not combarable .Hence my quote no one knows that includes you. Agian you should be a politician your done but willing to dicuss it?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Agian you should be a politician your done but willing to dicuss it?

I'm done going off-topic, but willing to discuss anything that is on topic. I hope stating that more clearly for the second time helps, I don't mind off topic, get caught in it a lot, but it is the rules and this is a waste of bandwith.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

Your sexy not because of you pics there kinda hurtin but because of your attitude, while I strongly disagree with you ideals I respect that you have them alota girls don't

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   

I actually see that stated on this site a lot- that younger women don't act like they have strong opinions or voice them. I haven't experienced this in general but a lot of younger people (men/women) around me are very selfish and apathetic so I see where others may be coming from. Thanks for the “add” to your friends list by the way, added you back. U2U me anytime.

To steer this back on topic: Is it just the abortion issue that displeases you or is it the funding too? Are you okay with the funding that goes towards preventing unwanted pregnancies and STDs or do you just wish the money wasn’t being sent out of the states?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Go read my previous post. If you are mature enough to engage in a sexual activity, than you are mature enough to understand the outcome. For no other reason than for rape itself, may abortion be a contraceptive. If no contraception is used, for whatever reason or the contraceptive fails, than the young mother lives with the outcome because the unborn child has a right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness as guaranteed in the U.S. Constitution. If that is too tough, there are plenty who are waiting in line to adopt a baby. If nothing more, it should make an example to other younger women to either, us some form of contraception, or refrain from sex.

No excuses. Abortion = Murder

[edit on 26-1-2009 by TheDarkNight]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
totally diifreply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

It's not the money being spent at all althought we do need to curb are spending , It is that I don't know when or if we get a soul, and it is hard to justifiy taking all experience and life from some one, like i have already said it gets very complicated with rape ect.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Look, I agree with a lot of what you's say, But why isn't adoption an option? If it's cheaper to abort than to have the child which seems to me what it is you's are trying to convey to me, then why not find good people to adopt and pay for all medical expenses including counseling.

As for rape victims, trust me, I truly feel for the woman, but it isn't the child inside them that is the animal. That child could grow up to be someone of great character. If you understand what I'm trying to say.

The problem I'm seeing is a lot of young girls run for an abortion in hopes their parents won't find out they are having sex. This is not right.

On that note my little sister got pregnant at 15 by a man who was 21. Believe me when I say I was going to cut his peewee off and make him swallow it. this is the truth, he knew it and he hid from me for 3 years till I finally caught up with him. But by that time I had forgiven him even thought I didn't like him vary much. They were both to blame and now I have a great nephew and glad he is part of our family(not the dad). Sure it was was hard on my sister and she had to put off school for a year, but she's doing great now and she has said many time she was glad she didn't get an abortion. My nephew is now around 15 years old and is a strait A student and he has great character.

Again my mom went to the doctors to have her tubes tied after having me and my little brother, The doctor told he she was kinda young for such a permanent operation. My mother didn't care she didn't want another child and she cried, begged and pleaded with the doctor to do the operation, so he told here to take 3 months to think about it. Well she got pregnant again during the 3 those months and she was peeved she did not want another child. Talking to her today, she is happy that she had the chance to have one more child. My little sister(mentioned above), and so am I or I would not have had a sister. My mother and I both agree that the doctor was right in not performing the operation with out her having time to think about it, even though she didn't want another child. My mom doesn't regret it and she got to have a little girl.

And no, I would never put down nor judge a woman for having an abortion, I just see many other choices they could try before resorting to an abortion.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDarkNight

I did read your post. I was not moved to reply or comment.

res

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TasteTheMagick
reply to post by StevenDye

Once again: the fetus does not have a CHOICE, it is not a sentient being and can not have one. It is an undeveloped growth inside the mother. SHE is the only sentient being in the equation and the only one with a choice. A woman should be the only person allowed to dictate what goes on in her uterus.

You are wrong, the fetus have a choice! Just make a search for abortion videos(I don't have the stomach to search myself and give you a link sorry, but I've seen some of those)

You'll see in the videos, the fetus struggling during the procedure... Struggling is a sign of protest, against what is being done to them. That is a choice, and the fetus is making a very obvious choice, and that is to fight for his/her life!

I don't care how you define sentience, but to me, anyone who can percieve pain is a sentient being.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Riviera

One Vatican official warned against the "arrogance" of those in power who think they can decide between life and death.

I find that rather ironic coming from the Vatican lol.

Same, who are they to speak of arrogance?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
"One Vatican official warned against the "arrogance" of those in power who think they can decide between life and death."

That is a stupid statement, it totally twists what Obama is trying to do. Yes the quote is true but not in the context of funding abortion. He isn't deciding between life and death, he is giving the choice to decide about it as far as babies go. MAN that ruffles my feathers.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join