It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican attacks US abortion move

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage
Again, a very ignorant way of looking at those who abort. Some are raped, some do it for medical reasons, some protect themselves every way they can and accidents happen. Let's cut out this childishness, this is a very personal issue that involves various situations and people.

Way to go, stating the logical side of the argument! That being said, the logical side of the argument is never really understood. I don't see what the problem is: If YOU don't like abortion, don't get an abortion. Why judge anyone else? It's not YOUR uterus that has something growing inside of it.

Judge not, lest ye be judged.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

You can disagree with it all you like, you are in no place to decide what happens in someone elses uterus. If something is growing in you, it is yours. If a heart, lung, kidney WHATEVER is forming and developing IN your body...it belongs to you and you can decide what to do with it.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I didn't read any replies past the first page because i assumed it was just more of the pro-choice/pro-life ranting, so forgive me if this issue has already been brought up. It seems to me that the money going to support "family planning" shouldn't be going anywhere "abroad." In fact, it shouldn't be going to "family planning" period. "Family planning" should be left to the private sector, and the money obama is sending OVERSEAS for it should be going back to the American Tax Payers to help revive the economy.

TheAssociate

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I agree that this money needs to be allocated in the US for helping Americans, whether for abortions or not.

take care all
res

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShakeNBake
Well if u got raped maybe God wanted u to open ur eyes to him, and live for him, not for the world. And most likley a true Christian (not paganized like many are) wouldn't be in that type of situation or live in that kind of circumstance. But even if some one were raped, they shouldnt have an abortion.

Absolute bollocks, mate. You expect people to believe your loving, caring, all-encompasing 'God' figured a good way to teach one of his children to "open their eyes" was to have them raped???

A true Christian wouldn't be in that situation or live in that kind of circumstance? What, you mean any typical city in any typical country in the world?

FFS, how ignorant are you? I'm still stunned how some people will forever parade their religion in front of them and side on the ridiculous than with the the logical.

People like you are one of the reasons why I hate religion so, so much...

[edit on 27-1-2009 by noonebutme]

[edit on 27-1-2009 by noonebutme]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
It makes sense when you think about it...

A decrease in safe, legal abortions results in an increase of unwanted orphans that end up under the care of those same paedophiliac Priests that have been unleashing evil upon children for generations.

The new policy would cut down on their supply.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by BugByte

If it's cheaper to abort than to have the child which seems to me what it is you's are trying to convey to me, then why not find good people to adopt and pay for all medical expenses including counseling.

If you really think every unwanted crack baby has the option of being adopted then obviously that is why you simplify this issue. Not every child has that option, especially non-white children. They end up being screwed up and sometimes abused in the system, because they are not given the proper upbringing a successful adult needs. Some make it, some don't, but for every abortion that you think should be banned bring about millions of possabilities of unwanted children that you will end up paying for in a system that usually cares very little for them. Then you'll be wasting your tax money for their prison cells when they grow into criminals or lunatics.

[edit on 27-1-2009 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by BugByte

And no, I would never put down nor judge a woman for having an abortion, I just see many other choices they could try before resorting to an abortion.

This we can agree on.
I am not "pro-abortion", I'm simply pro-choice. I myself don't believe in an abortion unless it is in an extreme circumstance, but I will not take away another woman's choice or judge her for her decisions that will affect her life, not mine.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by noonebutme

Yea cheers shakenbake you just reminded how idiotic people can get MAINLY hardcore christians who should be treated like mental patients really. So by your logic, lets just say you had an 11 year old girl. A man busts into your house rapes her just about to death and she becomes pregnant.

Clearly its all your fault cause you didnt have your eyes open enough for your loving god right? what would you say to her if she wanted an abortion? You would say that 'god wanted this and its a lesson from god' Yep well some people are gonna feel like reeeeeeeeal chumps when they die

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
[edit on 27-1-2009 by treemanx]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by treemanx

murdering moron

You might not want to call others murdering morons when you’re misspelling “whether”. Seriously I make huge typo mistakes often but I try not to when I have the nerve to call others names that imply a lack of intelligence.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
This guy, obama, is a MORON!!!!!! He will use US funding in other nations for abortions and yet today take away funding of birth control in the US. What the hell is wrong with this guy?

Yeah I hear your freedom of speech and abortion crap, okay. The Vatican disagreeing with obama is NOT legislation duhhhhhhhh!!!!! It is called voicing and opinion, the same thing that you are talking about in your thread. Don't you think you are contradicting yourself? Think before you type.

The Vatican always speaks out against things. FREEDOM OF SPEECH. They spoke out against the war in Iraq, remember? Practice what you preach.

You are blabbing about freedoms and yet knocking the Vatican for speaking out. HYPOCRITICAL DON'T YOU THINK?

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
"If you really think every unwanted crack baby has the option of being adopted then obviously that is why you simplify this issue. Not every child has that option, especially non-white children. They end up being screwed up and sometimes abused in the system, because they are not given the proper upbringing a successful adult needs. Some make it, some don't, but for every abortion that you think should be banned bring about millions of possabilities of unwanted children that you will end up paying for in a system that usually cares very little for them. Then you'll be wasting your tax money for their prison cells when they grow into criminals or lunatics. "

Why does everthing have to go into race? What is this bull? The non-white babies get treated worse? Did you ever think that because there are MORE black people having kids that they can't afford, that of course there will be more black kids in the system. The white kids in the system get treated just as bad. People need to think before they type.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Wow, that's truly moving stuff. I wander why Catholic Church is so interested in preservation of new born life while being so cold when the human rights of infants and adults alike are violated. And, isn't it ironic to hear such concerns for humanity from an organisation which was for 2000 years constantly engaged in ruthless war on it's opponents, from children to old people, from heretics to "heathens" etc.
So, it would be so nice to see (at last) the flock & the shepherd to finally,
attend to duty of praying, observing ten commandmenst and living decent christian lives, instead of being friends with dictators, cash-hungry corporations and intelligence agencies.
Do you really think that Jesus was some kind of spin doctor with intention to elevate the sins of greedy and psychotic people? I don't think so.
Maybe, one day in the distant future, we will all live in the world of real spirituality and this mockery will be unmasked. And, who knows, maybe the kids in school would learn that in previous ages the "love for God" was used for some rather un-saintly purposes.
With love and respect AG

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by resistancia

That post remind me when I was about 8 years old and a women my mother knew die from a "bad procedure". I stood in with others in front of the home of this lady while she was rush from her home into an ambulance while blood was running from under her.

At that age I didn't understood what was wrong with her, but I could hear the whispers around from the crowd that it was a "a bad job".

Baby we have come a long way, this was back in the late 60s.

You are right, abortion legal or not women will always find a way.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by StevenDye

Gay marriage. Oh my God don't make me laugh. Gays can get married just not to each other. They have the same rights as everyone else and that is to marry someone of the opposite sex. Just because they are sexual deviates doesn't mean they deserve special treatment.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
you people are rediculous, if your so anti abortion, dont push it on others, why dont anti-abortionist just CHOOSE not to have abortions themselves, problem solved.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
who cares what the vatican thinks. we should simply ignore these proclamations. they want you to live by their rules and nobody has to in this day and age. i find most "rules" of how to live your life put out by religions too controlling and manipulative. be your own leader in your personal life and quit letting these people do it for you. we have too many people trying to tell us what to do anyway.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by BugByte
...as GOD the Father said "All the churches on the earth are corrupt".

What scripture are you quoting here? Mine says something different.

[edit on 27-1-2009 by saint4God]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

You want it to be allowed to be a choice someone makes for themselves? fine, let it be a choice, want them to be allowed to choose to have an abortion if they wish...fine, they can choose abortion...let them also pay for it them damn selves..why should the american people have to pay for someone else's "mistake"? why should my tax dollars go for something I've made a choice not to believe in? want to have sex and not take care of your body? then you better have your damn money to pay to take care of that irresponsibility. And don't give me the spill about all abortions not being on mistakes, but also on rape and medical reasons..first of all....do you have any idea how hard it is to get pregnant the first time you have sex when planning it? let alone on rape? and they make this thing..its called "The Morning After" pill....I realize rape can be traumatic..doesn't mean you should be stupid about it..go to the hospital, get checked out, take the pill...no pregnancy to have to worry about. and as for medical reasons....right now that law is so obscure that anything as simple as a third nipple can be considered a "medical reason" so they need stricter laws on that as well. but ultimately? fine make it a choice..but make them pay for it as well, instead of my tax dollars taking care of they're irresponsibilites for them.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
We ALL pay for things in our government we don't support or believe in.

Do you think I like supporting tax free churches - their properties - their businesses? And before you go off on they support themselves - - I'm talking about what those missing tax revenues could contribute to.

Sticking to subject: the consequences of bringing another being onto this world. As far as I'm concerned - those who choose not to - by what ever means are the most responsible people in this world.

Does anyone honestly believe a woman would get pregnant - just so she could abort it? How insane.

Go back through this thread and count how many times the blame for an unwanted pregnancy is given to the man. Read you newspapers and tell me how often you read "most prison inmates are from single mothers" - - - Excuse Me! Did anyone read single fathers??? Nope! Never!

I say tax the churches and use that money to legislate for mandatory DNA paternal testing - to pay for the tests - and to pay for the court costs getting daddy to pay up on the cost of raising his off spring.

Bottom line: the RIGHT of decision belongs to the person who understands what is fully involved in raising a child - and realizes they are not ready to do that. That is based on reality - not a belief system.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join