It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Have Barack Obama...click.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
ChilliCheese, good post, good points. I myself was not raised around racism, although like your points, I find mysef drowning in it daily now that I'm older. It's like the black leaders are almost pushing for more racism at times. I'm talking from the front lines too, because I don't have TV, nor listen to talk radio like another goofball sugested earlier.

This is a dangerous time. Now that all the "hype" is slowly going away, we'll start seeing what "change" our new talking head will be giving us ;-)

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I'm going to make something painfully obvious to the people that think this is just frustration coming on in the phone call and Obama is her hope for things to get better.

What I'm about to say doesn't really matter if the call is real of fake. The fact of the matter is that there are a lot of black people in this country that think they should get, magic word coming,

REPARATIONS

With Obama being the first black president a lot of people thing that this is a chance for all the evil white people to pay them back for what white peoples ancestors did to their ancestors generations ago.

You can say what you want to but it is the truth. Maybe not everybody you know feels like that but just because you don't know them that doesn't mean they are not out there and I can guarantee you thery're a few million out there that think they should get reparations.

This is not a racist post this is the truth. To say it is anything but the truth you are only lying to yourself.

edit - spelling and formatting

[edit on 24-1-2009 by Hastobemoretolife]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by wolf241e
Hey Ugie.

Yeah, I'm still laughing a bit when I think of her call. Answer me this....How in the hell is the car in 2 separate places in 2 separate parts???

It's a dodge from the law, plain and simple.
Here's a little hyperbole if you're looking for a good laugh. I almost fell out of my chair when I saw it. This woman is hilarious!

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

If I had a nickle for everytime I heard that word in the last six months ;-)

And you know what really sucks? None of us were alive back then. How can you or I be held accountable for the actions of people that are long dead and gone?

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by knows_but_doesnt
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

If I had a nickle for everytime I heard that word in the last six months ;-)

And you know what really sucks? None of us were alive back then. How can you or I be held accountable for the actions of people that are long dead and gone?

See here is my problem, I agree with you 100% about what you feel. I heard that word more in high school and more during clintons first run for president than i have in the last two years. How many of you are hearing this in the real world and how many are hearing it on right wing talk radio?

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by knows_but_doesnt

I'll be the first to admit that slavery is wrong and it is a part of an ugly past. What people fail to understand though is that every country in the world at that time practiced slavery. In fact it still goes on today.

Honestly there is no need to pay anybody for what happened generations ago. That part of history is best left in the history books.

For the current generation to have to pay for an injustice that long ago is an injustice in it self.

It would be like locking up the kids and grandchildren for a few generations just because their grandfather was a serial killer. Even though the serial killers family had nothing to do with it and are completely innocent in every way shape and form and actually condemn his actions recognizing that it was wrong.

Edit - grammar

[edit on 24-1-2009 by Hastobemoretolife]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Luciferdescending

I don't listen to right wing talk radio.

Just because you don't hear it doesn't mean that it is not an issue.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
It is probably a hoax.. if the caller was really calling Citibank then there is no way the recording could have been leaked out. Or if it was, it was someone with authority that had to do it, as average employees do not have access to the digital recordings.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Oh no she didn't!

And afterward she called up her baby's daddy and said the following...

"And y0! Y0 betta get off y0 lazy dead-beat ass cuz now dat we got Obama?! Don't be givin' me no fat lip excuses why you all dat and a bag o chips and can't afford to pay child support! Or I'm gonna go over there and kick yo dead-beat cookie-crisp-eatin' ni--ah ass up and drag it onto the Maury Povich show! You feel me?! How do you like sum milk wit dem cookies f00!"

In all seriousness. I can't wait to hear what Limbaugh says after this. Or better yet? Jay Leno. They're going to have a field day out of this.

And Like one of the previous posters said. People who truly think Obama or anyone else like him is going to somehow miraculously save everybody from themselves and their economic woes and therefore make everything all happy-go-lucky? They're in for a wake-up call.

I got a couple heaters, a 500,000 volt stun-gun, edge-ware, tac-gear and then some as insurance against armageddon for when the proverbial sh*t hits the fan and riots break out like wildfire. I'm ready to get it on. I'll be at home.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Wishful thinking. This video (as several others pointed out) still lingers during the election portraying a woman with the same kind of mindset.

edit: reading back I noticed i'm not the first with this clip.

[edit on 24-1-2009 by Stranded]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stranded
Wishful thinking. This video still lingers during the election portraying a woman with the same kind of mindset. I'm still in doubt about Obama. And although I really try to stay objective, he almost had me last time.

He is a politician like any other, no more and no less. Because a few nutjobs out there believe he is going to just do them miraculous favors means all the people that support him expect handouts? What about all the people that truly believe that G.W. has a direct line to God who told him to invade Iraq? Do they represent the average G.W. supporter?

(hint: neither answer to that wins you any points)

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
He won didn't he? He won the popular vote as well as the electoral votes, did he not? What are you trying to say? The majority of people are the minority of people?

I do not think you understand how electoral maps are weighted. You certainly do not understand he economic makeup of most inner cities. Go to any poor neighborhood here and walk two streets over and you will find some of the most expensive real estate in the county. You just seem ignorant about the whole thing.

[edit on 24-1-2009 by Luciferdescending]

Hey there LD,

Yes, he won both the popular and the electoral. The President and his team did a fine job kicking McCain's butt. I do not feel like I'm ignorant about this issue.

The economic make-up in the inner cities has little to nothing to do with my stance on this. The reason that he won the popular is three simple words...Yes, We can. His famous campaign slogan.

The campaign reached out to the poorer black's or non-white's that mainly do not vote. This election however, they felt empowered and actually did vote. Many for the first time!
Now these first time voters are expecting miracles.

You could hear it in her voice...she feels empowered that because "her" guys is in the White House, her life will suddenly get a windfall.

I feel that she is sadly mistaken and is in for disappointment, as is most of the new voter base that Mr. Obama has amassed.

Not for nothing..but the map..didn't it seem like it had a whole lot more RED on it than BLUE. I thought it did.

SeeYa!!

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Oh for crying out loud, this woman is nuts. That's all there is to this. Unless of course it's just, some anti-obama propaganda.

And her car is in two different places.... What the deuce?

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by wolf241e

Hey there LD,

Yes, he won both the popular and the electoral. The President and his team did a fine job kicking McCain's butt. I do not feel like I'm ignorant about this issue.

Clearly you are. You are interpreting the electoral map rather poorly. Look at what you just said. The majority of the people in this country voted for him. You then conclude that the majority of people in this country are lazy, uneducated, poor, inner-city, black folk? When did that happen?

Look, more people in the U.S. voted for him than not. Are more people in the U.S. like this women, or less?

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
This is typical retarded nonsense from the kind of peasant class that cant even talk proper english, every other word is mumbo-jumbo or some kind of pidginism. These tinks need to understand nobody owes them a living and as for 'reparations' for hardships previous generations endured, thats really stretching things.

I'm Scottish, does that mean I can sue the english for all the crap my ancestors put up with, our lands stolen, forced to abandon our native gaelic tounge and speak in english, the banning of the pipes and the tartan? It's a nice thought, but you must be retarded to think that kind of thing is even on the cards. Yes boo-hoo black folk were so hard done by in the past. Get over it and stop trying to find excuses to treat white people like #. This is the 21st century.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
As Senator Rangel said, the Middle Class are too busy working to survive to take notice to any of this..

Amen to that! I am living this right now.

Also, your use of the term "good old country boys" is a bit offensive. Is there something wrong with being from the country in your opinion? Does the thought of hardworking, self-sufficient individuals disturb you? Believe it or not, not every white male from the South is a card-carrying Klansman.

No I am a true southern bell who is married to good old country boy. I am so proud to be southern I bleed sweet tea. I find good old country boys as the sexiest species known to man. They are generaly hard working, honest men. But I also know (most, not all) their ignorant view because I was raised by and among them. No not all white southern males is a Klansman, Klansmen are all over the nation with the heaviest population in the south-west. You are reading to much into my statements. I just know how these boys think that is all I said, no more no less.
[edit on 24-1-2009 by LLoyd45]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by angus1745
This is typical retarded nonsense from the kind of peasant class that cant even talk proper english, every other word is mumbo-jumbo or some kind of pidginism.

LOL. That is pretty funny with the verb/noun disagreement, lack of proper capitalization, a run-on sentence and a made up word.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Melissa101

I am just wondering if either of you can tell me when "country" became equivalent to "southern." Did someone run off with the north country?

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
[edit on 24-1-2009 by cavrac]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
reply to post by Luciferdescending

I don't listen to right wing talk radio.

Just because you don't hear it doesn't mean that it is not an issue.

So where do you hear it? What communities? I want to hear it too since even thought I spend so much time with black people and poor people, I am not hearing it.

Honestly, where are you hearing it? The same places I kept hearing how George Bush could speak with God personally?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join