It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

We Have Barack Obama...click.

page: 10
13
<< 7  8  9   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
What a waste of a thread.

Assuming the woman believes what she is saying, is there ANYTHING more hypocritical than outlining the NEED for Obama than to display, criticise and lampoon a black woman for being uneducated???

It is (Republican and white Republican) America's fault that she does not understand why Obama's ascension into power is so significant.

That said, has anyone (including than the obviously racist person at Citigroup who released this) even entertained the notion of this as being a tongue in cheek response?? A response to a STRUGGLING financial insitution, trying to extort yet more money from its customers - this amidst the backdrop of an economic crisis???

No.....?? What a surprise.

I prefer to believe she's too intelligent for her audience.




posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
the sad thing is that the majority of blacks would have voted for any black candidate,regardless of the candidates views,policies, ect...the personal empowerment outways the principle.just as when the verdict from the oj case came back as not guilty,people were celebrating in the streets,regardless of wether or not he did it,more important to them was that they got one over on the"man".i find that the pc society that we live in tolerates racism in an overwhelmingly onesided manner.if you are white then cater,walk on eggshells and think before you speak,or you might offend someone and be branded a racist.i for one am tired of this double standard and speak my mind,both in forums and in public.if there is to be true equallity then this double standard must stop.



posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
You have completely misunderstood her call, I dissected it rather astutely on the first page of this thread, for which I received 4 applauses from mods and 25 stars...

It's a very enlightening read.
It doesn't matter if you received 50 applauses and a 100 stars, that doesn't change what the caller said.

All you did was add your own translation of what YOU THINK this lady meant. Unless you or somebody else has actually spoken to her, then her words are all we really have to go by. This isn't a poem or a piece of abstract art.. No interpretation is required.



posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Just heard the recording, I couldn't stop laughing, Soon all Obama supporters will see that all he promised were lies......



posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by yyzyyz123
the sad thing is that the majority of blacks would have voted for any black candidate,regardless of the candidates views,policies, ect...the personal empowerment outways the principle.just as when the verdict from the oj case came back as not guilty,people were celebrating in the streets,regardless of wether or not he did it,more important to them was that they got one over on the"man".i find that the pc society that we live in tolerates racism in an overwhelmingly onesided manner.if you are white then cater,walk on eggshells and think before you speak,or you might offend someone and be branded a racist.i for one am tired of this double standard and speak my mind,both in forums and in public.if there is to be true equallity then this double standard must stop.


Seriously, if we black folks would vote for almost any black man, Jesse Jackson would be enjoying ex-presidential secret service protection right now...he isn't...or, Al Sharpton..nope..hmm, Alan Keyes?..uh-uh..hmm..if what you say is true, how come these guys didn't get in?



posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonseeker
 

i think that its because the people that you mentioned,were not hand pick by the establishment.they would likely make too many waves for their liking.if they(wether black or white)havent been preapproved by the real owners,regardless how popular,will never be allowed to advance.



posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Freemasons
 


....what sah he promised exactly - free handouts?? NO!

Let's see now.....Guantanamo closure, withdrawal from Iraq, crackdown on lobbyists, healthcare, new approach to foreign policy....

......not even A WEEK has passed and he's already ticked some of the boxes in his campaign promises. I'd like to see these lies you speak of!!

Say it loud. PRESIDENT Barack HUSSEIN Obama!



posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Whether the recording is real or fake, all the sniping back and forth about what the woman meant is hilarious. None of you can know what she meant, unless you live in her head, which I doubt. You may have all dissected it and listeedn for intent, but your interpretation is nothing but an opinion. Unless you know this woman personally or are this woman, you all have no idea what she meant. Arguing back and forth about it is pointless.


Edit for spelling/punctuation.

[edit on 1/25/2009 by yadboy]



posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freemasons
...Soon all Obama supporters will see that all he promised were lies......



Oh come on now, let's not start calling another President a liar due to unforeseen circumstances.

Obviously he promised too much but I don't think they were lies.
For all we know he really meant/means to implement all his promises.
He is just realizing he may not be able to do so afterall.



posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by wolf241e
 


Most AAs in this country are delusional about the amount of influence they possess. They all think they're Scarface.

Point is, the amount of AAs that sit with their hands out is mind-boggling, and this is another example. No need for personal responsibility, "we'z be in charge nao n' sheeit".



posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by bingmat
reply to post by Freemasons
 


....what sah he promised exactly - free handouts?? NO!

Let's see now.....Guantanamo closure, withdrawal from Iraq, crackdown on lobbyists, healthcare, new approach to foreign policy....

......not even A WEEK has passed and he's already ticked some of the boxes in his campaign promises. I'd like to see these lies you speak of!!

Say it loud. PRESIDENT Barack HUSSEIN Obama!


Yes, let's do tick them off..

  • Guantanamo.. No plan on how to do it, no definite time frame
  • Withdrawal from Iraq.. Same deal no plan, no time frame, nada
  • Crackdown on Lobbyists.. So why did he appoint one?
  • A new approach to foreign policy.. Is that what they're calling consorting with terrorists nowadays?


None of these items can be checked off, because they have not been achieved yet. (i.e. When someone diets they don't mark off their weight loss until they actually shed the pounds).



posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   



posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by yyzyyz123
the sad thing is that the majority of blacks would have voted for any black candidate,regardless of the candidates views,policies, ect...

I agree its a sad thing its the same with a lot of the people here. I am surrounded by whites in general and they just can't see beyond the racial part. They go on and on about there being a black president but when I point out the main reason he got voted in is because he is black and it has little to do with his policies or party they all point and scream "racist" saying that it is nothing to do with race and I just don't want a black man to have. They just don't seem able to see how they are contradicting themselves. I don't care what colour the president is he isn't my president no matter what way it swings, all I want to do is comment on politics but that doesn't seem allowed now unless you conform to the preferred point of view.


Originally posted by LLoyd45
Yes, let's do tick them off..

  • Guantanamo.. No plan on how to do it, no definite time frame
  • Withdrawal from Iraq.. Same deal no plan, no time frame, nada
  • Crackdown on Lobbyists.. So why did he appoint one?
  • A new approach to foreign policy.. Is that what they're calling consorting with terrorists nowadays?


None of these items can be checked off, because they have not been achieved yet. (i.e. When someone diets they don't mark off their weight loss until they actually shed the pounds).

Yeh you tell them. No sense claiming what we know isn't true. Wait till he enacts those changes then brag about them but in a slightly more modest way please.



posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
If this call is legit and representative of the average Obama supporter, I think there's going to be a lot of disappointed people in this country real soon!


No offense, but that is a pretty brain-dead comment. Looks like the supporters of the other side ain't any smarter.

Will the anti-Obama topics EVER end?



posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lannock

Originally posted by LLoyd45
If this call is legit and representative of the average Obama supporter, I think there's going to be a lot of disappointed people in this country real soon!


No offense, but that is a pretty brain-dead comment. Looks like the supporters of the other side ain't any smarter.

Will the anti-Obama topics EVER end?


Let's see, it took about 10 years for the the anti-Bush comments, so I'd say you're in for about 4 more years of this. That assumes, of course, that obama will follow in the path of carter and get booted out after 4 years of people realizing he "ain't no messiah".



posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
The lack of education is her problem, I don't think she can comprehend who she voted for, she just thinks that because he is a man of color, he is going to fix all her problems.

The easy way out, as usual. This is the true reason he is in office.



posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by xyankee
The lack of education is her problem, I don't think she can comprehend who she voted for, she just thinks that because he is a man of color, he is going to fix all her problems.

The easy way out, as usual. This is the true reason he is in office.


The other issue is the constant democrat pandering as part of any campaign. They promise the world to whatever audience is attending and then just move on to the next special interest group and do the same thing for them.

In this case we probably have someone that was passed up through the grades in school without really receiving an education (blame the demo teachers unions for that) and then actually believing what a politician tells them ...



new topics

top topics



 
13
<< 7  8  9   >>

log in

join