It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Have Barack Obama...click.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

WE HAVE BARACK OBAMA...click.

www.620wtmj.com

Listen to this voice mail message.... make sure you listen all the way to the end. Supposedly, this was left at a Citbank about delinquent car payments. Caller explains the new realities.... as she sees them.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Submit Political News

Mod Edit: All Caps Title.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Sorry that you have to download this to hear it. I can't find it anywhere on the web that is not in download format.

This is tearing up the web today. It's everywhere. The question that is buzzing around is this...is it a real caller or is this a hoax??

It sure sounds real to me.

What in the world is she thinking?? Does she really think that Mr. Obama is going to help her with her car?? Because we now have a black President and her life is going to suddenly get better overnight??

I'm very glad for Mr. Obama and all non-white people, that the glass ceiling has been broken. I think that is the way it's supposed to be.
But don't you think that the expectations game is being set so high for this guy that he'll never meet them, no matter how good of a job that he does??

Any thoughts on this??

www.620wtmj.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Thats just funny. LMAO. So what I just heard is that this lady thinks that Obama is going to give every African American enough money to be rich.

Oh thats good.

The dude ain't Santa Claus for gods sake, hes not just gonna snap his fingers and make everything better.

"We not rich like y'all, thats one thing yall gonna have to understand, but one day, this year we will be, cause we have Barack Obama!"

LMAO!

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
If this call is legit and representative of the average Obama supporter, I think there's going to be a lot of disappointed people in this country real soon!

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by wolf241e

Sorry that you have to download this to hear it. I can't find it anywhere on the web that is not in download format.

No worries, it came down pretty easy.

This is tearing up the web today. It's everywhere. The question that is buzzing around is this...is it a real caller or is this a hoax??

It sure sounds real to me.

To me too. It sounds like someone who is at their wits end and has very little.

What in the world is she thinking?? Does she really think that Mr. Obama is going to help her with her car?? Because we now have a black President and her life is going to suddenly get better overnight??

She never said Obama would help her with her car. Did you listen to the same thing I did?

No, at the end of the call, in which she was audibly frustrated, yet to her credit never really cursed etc, she exclaimed "We're not rich like y'all (Citibank)..."

And then she felt better about it because she realized that Obama was in office so it gave her a feeling of assuredness in her time of feeling completely inadequate.

So she then says "... but we will be soon! We have Barack Obama"

I'm very glad for Mr. Obama and all non-white people, that the glass ceiling has been broken. I think that is the way it's supposed to be.
But don't you think that the expectations game is being set so high for this guy that he'll never meet them, no matter how good of a job that he does??

Dude, (or dudette) I don't think you understand the frustration this lady feels. This wasn't anything about race. It was about feeling the strain of not being able to make ends meet.

You see, I have a ton of friends who are being laid off right and left. Now these friends worked places like Citi, Lehman, IBM, etc.

But you know what... every one of them got Severance, so they will be fine.

But there are many many people who are losing their jobs and don't have any severence or savings to fall back on. So they get frustrated like this lady.

Is it so wrong that she sees Barack Obama as hope that the economy can be turned around? I don't think so. I think that is the best response someone can have when they are that frustrated... It's much better than the venom I've heard others spew when they don't have any hope at all.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Interesting. This looks familiar. Where have I seen this kind of hysteria before?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by wolf241e

Given the threads about the "white" construction workers on ATS, the concept has been instilled.
When such "thinkers" awaken and realize the Obamaman was reared in an affluent white household, they may see things a bit differently.

But, I could be mistaken, and it might be an integral part of the over-all plan.
I am so tempted to try the KOOL-AID...

link   
reply to post by Captain Obvious

The problem is, what happens when jubilation and excitement meet the reality of the situation and Obama can't deliver on people's unrealistic expectations?

I voted for Obama, however I don't expect that I won't have to pay my bills because Obama is president. Thats just ridiculous. Reality will set in for people who believe this way and it will be a crushing disappointment.

Change and Hope does not equate a free ride in America.

link   

Notice she didn't say that she wouldn't have to pay her mortgage or put gas in her car.. she said she wouldn't have to "Worry" about it.

Which means she believes Obama is going to have a positive effect on the economy.

This seems very reasonable to me. I mean, that's why we elect a president, so that we don't have to worry about stuff that is basic. Obviously we pay or mortgage and put gas in our car, but now of all time there are more and more people VERY WORRIED about being able to pay their mortgage. And here in Atlanta last fall we were VERY WORRIED about being able to put gas in our car because not only were prices high... there was NO GAS in the southeast for about 2 weeks.

This isn't hysteria... this is someone hopeful that the President she voted for will have a positive effect on ills that plague our economy.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Even in great economic times there are those that do have to worry about paying their bills.

The impression I got from the video was that this lady thought seriously that she wouldnt have to worry about paying her bills cause Obama will make them all go away magically.

It doesn't fit into reality of the situation, neither does the audio clip in the op fit the facts. The election of Obama does not signify the end to all worries in life.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

Even in great economic times there are those that do have to worry about paying their bills.

The impression I got from the video was that this lady thought seriously that she wouldnt have to worry about paying her bills cause Obama will make them all go away magically.

That's not what she said at all...

She never said "I won't have to pay my mortgage" She said "I won't have to WORRY about paying my mortgage".

At this time more than ever, there are more people than ever who are WORRIED about being ABLE to pay their mortgage.

That's what she is talking about.

Any other interpretation is simply denying her actual words.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
If this call is legit and representative of the average Obama supporter, I think there's going to be a lot of disappointed people in this country real soon!

Aw come on now. Surely you're not THAT daft? Because one person allegedly calls a bank and thinks this then that obviously REPRESENTS the thinking of the AVERAGE Obama supporter?? Seriously. You can't possibly believe that. Have you never taken statistics? So I can ask any one person a question and then extrapolate that persons answer to whatever group they APPEAR to be a member of? Dude, you need to seriously up your 'Deny Ignorance' meds.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I feel sorry for the lady in the video. When reality sets in she's going to be more disappointed and downtrodden than she was before.

+18 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

You are blind. Quit defending Ignorance. It is obvious to see she thinks she holds a higher power now because of a black president, Its called 'False entitlement'

You my friend are 'ignent'

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Up front I want to say this post is not about what kind of man Obama is , for all I know he is an honest upstanding man, but this post is more about personal experience of what happened in South Africa. There are many differences as this was a different nation and different cultures, but I do believe there is a message in this for us.

In 1990 Nelson Mandela's African National Congress was unbanned and the people were working towards the first democratic elections with universal suffrage. Blacks who had suffered under the oppression of apartheid were so excited they were finally going to place a cross next to the name of Nelson Mandela and his ANC. People of all colors worked together to see that as many people as possible were registered and the door to door campaigning started. One of the first unusual occurances started when black women (generally) would occassionally knock at the doors of large houses owned by white people and ask to look around as they were planning on claiming this house once Mandela was in power. I want to state quite clearly that Mandela never promised anybody anything like this, but his campaigners were a lot less scrupulous in getting the votes. Mandela who is a truly great man was also never perceived by anybody to be the Messiah despite his unbelievable tolerance and love for the people.

In 1994 the world wept like Anat and praised the process of necessary change in South Africa. And everything was good, except suddenly people felt deflated they had elected a new elite but they were still poor. Having more hospitals and better education didn't help their perspective, they had been promised wealth for their votes. Another familiar thing that happened is that white politicians that were elected under the African National Congress immediately created a more black empowerment policies than the black politicians and now the majority of graduated white South Africans can not find work.

Let me finish this tale by stating the next step for this process is that the country is currently in political chaos as the president to be has been indicted for corruption - but he is extremely popular and the people believe he will deliver the big houses with swimming pools that Mandela didn't. The South African currency that under Mandela stood at a 2 to 1 rate with the US$ currently is at 10:1. South Africa is fast tracking to being the next Zimbabwe.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
"We're not rich like ya'll, but one day we will be, because we have Barack Obama" are her words at the end.

She thinks Obama will make her rich. Well, he may as well be deified.

All hail the divine Emperor Obama!

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cio88

You are blind. Quit defending Ignorance. It is obvious to see she thinks she holds a higher power now because of a black president, Its called 'False entitlement'

You my friend are 'ignent'

Well then in the spirit of defining blindness let's look at what I said..

She never said "I won't have to pay my mortgage" She said "I won't have to WORRY about paying my mortgage".

At this time more than ever, there are more people than ever who are WORRIED about being ABLE to pay their mortgage.

That's what she is talking about.

Any other interpretation is simply denying her actual words.

Wow.. so because I actually paid attention to what she said... I'm blind?

But you, who thinks she has a false entitlement are not blind?

Let me ask you, why would you vote for a president if you didn't think he/she was going to have an impact on the economy that would positively effect you?

This is pretty basic here.

It's like with FDR when he said "A chicken in every pot" It's not that he was trying to give away free food, he wanted to make sure that everyone could AFFORD FOOD.

Right now many can not AFFORD their MORTGAGE. It's not about not paying it, it's about not having to WORRY about HOW you are going to pay it because the ECONOMY is in the TOILET.

Geesh. And you say I'm ignorant...

let me give you another example.

Right now my in-laws are WORRIED about paying their mortgage. This is the first time ever in their life they have ever WORRIED about paying their mortgage. Now.. they have paid their mortgage for about 25 years...all without WORRYING about it.

They would like to see a positive effect on the economy from Barack Obama so that they don't have to WORRY about paying their mortgage, and can get back to simply PAYING it.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Im pretty sure this thread is about blacks and false entitlement. Im not going to argue this with you .. read my sig

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cio88
Im pretty sure this thread is about blacks and false entitlement. Im not going to argue this with you .. read my sig

I didn't mention anything about what the thread was or was not about...

I simply stated that you didn't listen to what the lady said.

You assumed, for what reason I have no idea, that she thinks that Obama is going to pay her mortgage.

When in fact, she simply wants things to go back the way they were when she could simply pay her mortgage without WORRYing about how she was going to do that. It's tough when you have kids...

here is a quote from my last post, which I edited after you posted yours...

let me give you another example.

Right now my in-laws are WORRIED about paying their mortgage. This is the first time ever in their life they have ever WORRIED about paying their mortgage. Now.. they have paid their mortgage for about 25 years...all without WORRYING about it.

They would like to see a positive effect on the economy from Barack Obama so that they don't have to WORRY about paying their mortgage, and can get back to simply PAYING it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join