It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Have Barack Obama...click.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
reply to post by Luciferdescending

I don't listen to right wing talk radio.

Just because you don't hear it doesn't mean that it is not an issue.

So where do you hear it? What communities? I want to hear it too since even thought I spend so much time with black people and poor people, I am not hearing it.

Honestly, where are you hearing it? The same places I kept hearing how George Bush could speak with God personally?

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
DP

[edit on 24-1-2009 by Luciferdescending]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
TP

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Ld, you have issues with everyone who has responded to this because they happen to match your liberal views in the area.

I think you voted for the President and that's fine. Everyone replying to this post has brought up good points and opinions and you just beat everyone to death because they don't get on your side of the issue.

Go away and bug others.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I pity the Obama folks ..Really deeply feel for you ..
Either most of you are so young that the CHANGE bs lies work or indeed you are all so washed by an orchestrated jesus like add campaing for Obama that you are blind to see ..
I seen this happen a few times before and NEVER anyting changes ..Dont be fooled ...(ahh what am i doing you are all fooled )
anyway I tried ..I spoke my peace and told you ...I dont ask you to believ it i ask you to think !!! Anyway ....Read on ...
Last time (things can only get better ) Blair lie campaign about a decade ago in the UK where the government finally changed from the conservatives to tony blair and everyone thought he will be the young hipp and cool saviour ...

I stood there, holdiong my head in dissbelive while Full grown adults jumpin up and down on election day like little children at xmas ...why because a big fat liar had succcessfully implanting the BS lies ...and the people believed it .. ... living in the UK at the time with so much joy everywhere ...I could hardly believe this ...people really thought there be change ...the fools ... I did tell a few but it was futile for the 1st few years ,,,,Yes thats how lone the HIGH works ... ...years later everyone was even more dissapointed when it turned out the Hipp cool prime minister is nothign but a pupppet just like everyone before him...
and today ?? UK economy is worse then ever ! REPOSESSIONS are the credo in the UK for 2009!! zillions gonna loose their house this year you mark my word ...Zillions !

please DONT BE FOOLS ... ...HOPE is a lie and a very very big one ..No substance Obama will have nothing to explain in a few years when nothing changed instead it is going to get MUCH worse for you ..Nothing he has to explain because NOHTING is what he promissed ..
empty words nothing else ..Emotionally charged words like CHANGE and WE CAN Mean nothing ...!!!!!

I pity you ..really i do. and iam so sorry for the pain to come ...I just wish people would see .
The fall will be so much harder ..after the NLP session for the last 2 years I can see how this all worked on the masses and I feel very sad ...

Pity ....Pity ....Pity ...Yes! we are lost ...Obama is not the saviour I wish he was ...Ohh how i wish ...but I dont let myself ghet washed ,,,,i see through the vail ...so can you ...dont listen to Obama ..Look and analyse his actions dont listen to his empty woprds ..LOOK who he appointed aropund him in the 1st weeks ..LOOK !!! WAKE UP!!!!

just step back and look at the evidence you can see yourselfs ..he is as false and completely powerless as any president ..
You have to realize your democracy is long dead !!!
Your president does NOT and has and never will run your country
Your Country is long dead ...You all were asleep and got fat ...
Your country, my friends is run by cooperations ..And NOTHING is ever gonna change this ..
The US is going to be dead very soon and not by accident so stop winging about it ..

You slept you didnt do a thing (NO NO NO instead you advance thews agenda LEAPS with yopur savious that got choosen for you and put in front of you ..then a lot of lies created about him easy to disssprove and VOILA a new saviour is born ..Hipp cool and like a Rockstar ) so now HOPE all you like but the deal has long been done ...
Fate awaits ....
TPTB have done you alll once again ....after 8 years of so much hurt and pain the BEST solution is what they came up with ...Look bush evil ...now we give you Obama ..OHHH look hes black he must be honest and sincere ..Look ..
And you fool all bought it ...

Look at obamas little helpers ...this tells you IF you care to find out more then you should know to make an informed decission ...not holding on to empty words ..HOPE ...
he s not even hidding it ..You are all just far too blind too see ..
my 2 cent ...Keep the change will ya

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
reply to post by Captain Obvious

Notice she didn't say that she wouldn't have to pay her mortgage or put gas in her car.. she said she wouldn't have to "Worry" about it.

Which means she believes Obama is going to have a positive effect on the economy.

This seems very reasonable to me. I mean, that's why we elect a president, so that we don't have to worry about stuff that is basic. Obviously we pay or mortgage and put gas in our car, but now of all time there are more and more people VERY WORRIED about being able to pay their mortgage. And here in Atlanta last fall we were VERY WORRIED about being able to put gas in our car because not only were prices high... there was NO GAS in the southeast for about 2 weeks.

This isn't hysteria... this is someone hopeful that the President she voted for will have a positive effect on ills that plague our economy.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by HunkaHunka]

Very well put HH. Once again, even as a newer member, you've taken the words right out of my mouth. It's not hard to understand where these people are coming from, and by no means are they expecting some form of miracle from POTUS Obama. She was simply stating her confidence in our new President. In my opinion, if more people had this level of confidence in him, we might be able to straighten out some of the more "unjustified" problems we're currently facing. It's called the United States for a very good reason, yet there cannot be unity without the trust of the people, which obviously includes the people in charge.

[edit on 24-1-2009 by Strype]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Strype

"if more people had this level of confidence in him, we might be able to straighten out some of the more "unjustified" problems we're currently facing."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm pretty sure "blind confidence" is what got us into this mess. Where exactly does her confidence in him derive from? Is it from the fact that he was on the cover of "Vibe", or that he's the first president that can sink a 3 pointer on his first try.? It most definitely doesn't have anything to do with the fact he voted for the Bailout and "more than likely" if she found out Obama's stance on the many things she is "more than likely" against, she would flip-flop to the Messiah's side (out of blind confidence).

The last 2000 years have relied on a blind faith Messiah, and it looks like the next 2000 are going to start out the same way.

Peace

PS. On a side note, Crank Yankers should do a special with this lady. Hilarious.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
This must be fake. I can't imagine the other person in conversation would keep mute for whole 1 minute. This probably has been recorded by a "voice actor" and then made sound like a phone call.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I gotta be honest, the partisan arguments has infected ats as much as the rest of the us (maybe it always has but I just didn't notice. But seriously, this crap is making me sick.
Every time something negative comes out about Obama droves of ppl come to his defense even if the man is in the wrong....
On the opposite side of the coin, the ppl on this board who don't like him are trying to throw everything they can at him.

Thanks for this poster, the woman is wacko as are most of what I would call obamanites. Hey I like obama, I even voted for him because I felt that this country had a better chance with him at the helm then Mccain, but this guy (regardless of views or party affiliation) NEEDS to be held to the same high standards and scrutiny as any other past president. No, I'm sorry he does not get a free pass because of his skin color or because he's not George Bush.

As for the lady and a lot of those like her, she needs to come back down to reality and I'm sure that those realities will sink back in to everyone over the next few weeks, months, years.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
It's fake but here is a real (sad) story for you. In Florida, the state unemployment agency has stopped paying people and it giving a fake email contact named FUCHUB.orlando@flaawi.com to contact with complaints. Not to mention being told to call a number on days when the office is closed. Nice! I had my suspicions about the email addy which were confirmed when my email bounced back.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by wolf241e

Ld, you have issues with everyone who has responded to this because they happen to match your liberal views in the area.

I think you voted for the President and that's fine. Everyone replying to this post has brought up good points and opinions and you just beat everyone to death because they don't get on your side of the issue.

Go away and bug others.

3 or 4 posters on this thread is everyone? Everyone has liberal views like me yet I am beating them up for it? I am lost. I know that I responded to you in a manner that left you realizing you may be wrong and instead of responding to it to either refute me or thank me, you are going to just make stuff up about what I am doing? If that works for you. I am replying on topic to a few posters. If you do not like that, I suggest you find a private forum in which to spout your views. Here, they get to be opposed, like it or not.

P.S. two of my posts were actually legitimate questions. Melissa said country boy and was slammed for slamming southerners and then had to defend herself by also stating that country meant southern. Here in the country of Western NY, we are just wondering when that happened. That has nothing to do with viewpoints, beating people over the head, or what you think or cannot answer to. I was really just wondering when country became to mean southern because that is new to me. I am sorry you do not like this idea of open discussion in a public forum. Perhaps China would be more to your liking.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Sometimes hope can be the most valuable possession anyone can posses.

Have any of you never felt hope when you face a difficult moment? how did that hope make you feel?

Once again we see the words, black and white in relation to who has hope under Obama, is that really what some of you think? a black President means black folk will get a better deal? is that like all white folk were treated better under every other President? the BS that spews from some people is unbelievable.

After 8 yrs of total crap for almost everyone black, white, red, yellow pink with blue polka dots, you would expect peoples spirits to lift, especially now the white house seems to be occupied by someone who cares for everyone, and not just those who can make the President some money.

All I can see are a minority, who cant accept that the American people needed something new and refreshing, and don't sit around constantly telling the World how they feel that Obama is President.

The lady was simply telling it how she felt, like the rest of us have started doing when a company tries to put us down because we are a little late with paying the bills, we are hopefully seeing the end of these companies think they have a hold over us, threatening to take everything we own through no fault of our own, especially the banks who created this problem in the first place.

Talk about taking your ball and not wanting to play anymore, were else in history have we seen people being given their money back because they spent it on their own misguided schemes, sadly it was given to the wrong people, it should have been given to the populace instead, then IMO money would have saved many from being homeless, instead the banks got it, and everyone who caused people to become homeless, got to keep their houses, and go on vacations, buy new cars, oh yeah and keep the rest of us struggling.

Well in this house, there will be no more companies ripping us off, we wont be spoken down to over the phone, and I certainly wont be listening to 5 mins of advertisements on the phone, while they tell me there is a current high demand for their services, and having to hold why we listen, not happening any more, instead we go online send them an e-mail telling them to call us instead, if they don't well they don't get paid.

Just yesterday, British Telecom were told we are moving house, they tried to put charges on for reinitialisation at our new home, so I told them to forget it, and we would find another company and hung up , an hour later they called back, this time with no charges, and an offer of 3 months free if we renewed the contract, so fight for your rights, don't allow them to conduct your lives with lies, if they want your buisness, make them bend over backwards, you have what they want, we can go to others for the same service, when they think that, you will get a better deal, try it.

If we all fought back that way, we would be a lot better off, get it back to the way it used to be, with the customer right 100% of the time.

[edit on 24/1/2009 by azzllin]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

Thats just funny. LMAO. So what I just heard is that this lady thinks that Obama is going to give every African American enough money to be rich.

Oh thats good.

The dude ain't Santa Claus for gods sake, hes not just gonna snap his fingers and make everything better.

"We not rich like y'all, thats one thing yall gonna have to understand, but one day, this year we will be, cause we have Barack Obama!"

LMAO!

Try reading between the lines here.

She doesn't think Obama is going to pay anything for her, she's angry, broke and frustrated..when she says "this year", she's not being literal. she talking about her future, and the hope she's hanging on Obama to to make things better for her and everyone else. I've had a car reposessed before. They were very nice, but, it was right in the middle of the day, on a block where everyone knows each other, and they wore shirts that said "recovery agent". It was deeply embarassing for me, so I know how she feels. Honestly, I expect more from ATS'ers that this. Give her a break.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by wolf241e

I don't even want to comment on this one

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonseeker

She doesn't think Obama is going to pay anything for her, she's angry, broke and frustrated..when she says "this year", she's not being literal. she talking about her future, and the hope she's hanging on Obama to to make things better for her and everyone else. I've had a car reposessed before. They were very nice, but, it was right in the middle of the day, on a block where everyone knows each other, and they wore shirts that said "recovery agent". It was deeply embarassing for me, so I know how she feels. Honestly, I expect more from ATS'ers that this. Give her a break.

Why is it necessary for us to read between the lines when statements like this are made? Why do you automatically assume they require your translation skills? The woman is obviously not an immigrant, and appears to have a firm grasp of the English language. Maybe she's just saying what she truly believes.. Have you given any thought to that possibility?

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
Why is it necessary for us to read between the lines when statements like this are made? Why do you automatically assume they require your translation skills? The woman is obviously not an immigrant, and appears to have a firm grasp of the English language. Maybe she's just saying what she truly believes.. Have you given any thought to that possibility?

So what exactly did she state she believes then? Did she say she will not have to worry anymore or that Obama will just give her money? Some of us white people think Obama might lesson a few worries too you know.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45

Apparently translation is needed, because the woman never said anything about obama paying her bills, or giving her money, or anything remotely like that. She said that "this year we have barack obama". Statement of hope for her future, is how I heard it. somehow, though, the words people are hearing, and the way they're being portrayed in this thread, don't match up.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Apparently translation is needed, because the woman never said anything about obama paying her bills, or giving her money, or anything remotely like that. She said that "this year we have barack obama". Statement of hope for her future, is how I heard it. somehow, though, the words people are hearing, and the way they're being portrayed in this thread, don't match up.

No, just wait. Any moment now, one of these folks is going to explain how we missed the words that are so clearly in there telling us how Obama will save her from everything and make her rich.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Ok all the people who are rasict towards southern boys need to leave.
Its the country boy who grow the food you eat

[edit on 24-1-2009 by Dark Jester]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Could you imagine the look on Obama's face if he ever hears this clip.

"YOU WANT ME TO PAY FOR WHAT?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join