It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Have Barack Obama...click.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Luciferdescending

Originally posted by LLoyd45

Originally posted by dragonseeker

Apparently translation is needed, because the woman never said anything about obama paying her bills, or giving her money, or anything remotely like that. She said that "this year we have barack obama". Statement of hope for her future, is how I heard it. somehow, though, the words people are hearing, and the way they're being portrayed in this thread, don't match up.
I believe these were her "EXACT" words..

"We not rich like y'all, thats one thing yall gonna have to understand, but one day, this year we will be, cause we have Barack Obama!" Care to translate for us again?

=Black folks and poor folks are going to get a chance now because he is not only worried about other rich old white men.

That is what I heard but thanks for offering us a peak inside your psyche.

Yep, that's what I heard too

Bottom line: she's just frustrated at her situation. she's not looking for a handout, she's hoping, with Obama, she'll get a hand UP

[edit on 24-1-2009 by dragonseeker]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by elcapitano75

Great post, couldn't have said it better. Especially the part:

"They tend to cater to a group of people that my name never appears on the list of!"

Thanks elcapitano, I want to have faith in the system as much as the system knows it needs to keep some semblance of order and structure to society. The question really boils down to who is exactly creating the vision of what that semblance and order should be like and whom that particular type of order and structure best serves. With 95% of the world’s wealth concentrated in significantly less than 5% of the world’s hands it’s a safe bet that the system is not designed for the poor or even the middle class anymore.

As American citizens and consumers we are quick to complain and chastise our politicians and corporate executives shortsighted greed and monumental indifference, yet in reality if we did not spend our hard earned wealth voluntarily and deliberately on predominantly foreign made goods corporations would go bankrupt trying to foist often cheaply made, unregulated goods on American consumers. They would have no choice but to manufacture domestically and to higher standards of quality and pay Americans a higher living wage to manufacture them. We all complain about illegal immigration but who out there ever has gotten up and left a restaurant, refused to let a valet attendant park your car, or a lawn service mow your lawn even though you are certain that some of the employees present are not legal? In other words how many of us actually refuse to participate in the system that is destroying us economically, instead of just complaining as we eagerly ask the undocumented bus boy for more rolls and water, extol the undocumented valet parker to park it in front where it won’t get scratched and tip him an extra 5 dollars, and rush home to tell the lawn crews supervisor in our best botched Spanish to make sure to cut back the hedges?

Why would we expect our politicians to put an end to the very things we make so profitable for their corporate benefactors by supporting through our consumerism.

Why would we expect either the Republican or Democratic Party to fix decades of problems that both have added to deliberately on behalf of special interest benefactors and continue to play this silly charade of well ‘when Clinton was in office or Regan was in office, etc. etc., arguments and defenses when its clear that we have continually lost constitutional rights and jobs under the leaderships of both parties dating back to Lyndon B. Johnson?

At a certain point hope becomes the foolish refuge for people in denial suffering from their own laziness, shortsightedness and failure to accept the awesome responsibility that comes with being a free citizen in a free democracy.

When a one term State Senator, and a one term U.S. Senator who abandoned both offices prematurely to run for higher offices, who never has written a successfully passed piece of legislation let alone a critical one, or ever turned a profit from a significant business, or ever governed any large mass of people becomes a legitimate source of widespread hope based on his ability to say he can change things for the better with Hollywood style and dramatic conviction is a sad indictment of the desperation of a huge group of people who clearly lack the tools or convictions to live up to their personal responsibility in ensuring our democracy is a successful, liberating and empowering one, instead of the dysfunctional, fear inspired and repressive one it has become.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Luciferdescending

I guess you have a problem with reading comprehension.

I believe I said something like:

"Just because you don't HEAR it doesn't mean it isn't an issue."

As for the poster that says some if not most of us the people posting on this thread are ignorant because Obama has only been in office for X amount of days and that we need to wait and see what he does.

Lets make it real simple, Everybody was complaining about how Bush's spending got us into this mess and now Obama is already talking about spending a Trillion+ dollars and he hasn't even been in office for a month.

The truth is that I knew this was going to happen. This is the mentality that I'm seeing.

Bush does it, its bad.

Obama does it and its good.

Most of this is speculation about what this women means, but I don't know how the rest of you guys interpreted what she said, but what I got from it was, "we're not rich, but this year, because of Obama, we will be"

That is my interpretation of it, blame it on her being frustrated or what ever you want and keep coming up with excuses and twisting it into what you want it to mean. That is fine that's your choice. But as others have posted videos on this thread people really think because Obama is president they aren't going to have to pay bills or whatever because Obama is going to make them rich.

edit - spelling and grammar

[edit on 24-1-2009 by Hastobemoretolife]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Which part of " but one day, this year we will be, cause we have Barack Obama!" are you having trouble understanding? She obviously believes she will be rich either one day, no THIS year, because we now have Barack Obama.. LOL

[edit on 24-1-2009 by LLoyd45]

Sorry, I guess I missed the part where she said Obama was going to make her rich. Please supply that quote.
All I can add to this is, The Sylvan Center has an excellent reading and comprehension program.. LOL

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Which part of " but one day, this year we will be, cause we have Barack Obama!" are you having trouble understanding? She obviously believes she will be rich either one day, no THIS year, because we now have Barack Obama.. LOL

[edit on 24-1-2009 by LLoyd45]

Sorry, I guess I missed the part where she said Obama was going to make her rich. Please supply that quote.
All I can add to this is, The Sylvan Center has an excellent reading and comprehension program.. LOL

One could interpret her statement of 'we' as 'herself and everyone else regardless of skin color who is in the same boat as her' or she could be referring to 'her race'. All she says is "we ain't rich like ya'll but one day, this year, we will be, cuz we got barack obama!"

My interpretation of that statement is that she is implying that one day this year Obama is going make like the publisher's clearing house and show up at this woman's door, flanked by his secret service agents, carrying a huge-ass check with her name written on it all in pretty curves, along with the words 'economic stimulus'. And one agent will be carrying a bouquet of roses and another agent will have a big box of chocolates.

That's MY interpretation. But I agree that she didn't specifically flat out say "we ain't rich like ya'll but one day, this year, we will be, cuz barack obama is gonna make us rich."

But when she says "cuz we got barack obama" that leaves it open to be interpreted as obama is going to miraculously pave the way for her and many others to be 'rich'.

Unfortunately none of us have the luxury to find out where this woman lives so we can go interview her and ask her to elaborate on the statements she made in the message she left at citibank. (Provided one of us can do so without getting slapped or something.)

But the world may never know.

(Although if I myself knew where she lived. I would care less about asking her to explain the statements she made on Citibank's voice-mail. I'd just ask her out to dinner and offer to be her baby's daddy for a day.)

[edit on 1/24/09 by Marked One]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by wolf241e

What is really sad, I live in the south and a LOT of black people think that everything is going to be great now. I know a lot of them are really going to be dissapointed when they aren't well of by the end of the year.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
While I wouldn’t be surprised at the kind of foolishness this supposed caller demonstrates, is there any proof that this is legitimate at all? How do we know this is not a hoax?

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
well....interest, and money, come from thin air. On your faith and, well...basically thats it. Our faith and ignorance.
I would have told them to shove it as well.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Mynaeris

Most people voted for Obama because he was the slim hope of anything positive happening, electing Sarah Palin was a recipe for doomsday. I don't know who is going to be more disappointed, the whole "black privilege" crowd or all the other ethnicities who are expecting the whole country to turn into Compton. It won't happen folks, Obama and his black
staffers are too white and there is no money to dole out for 40 acres and a mule anyway. Not to mention getting all the poor whites on his side would be a huge boon, since those people disproportionately join the military he is going to have to amp up if things continue on their present course.
By the way, a lot of you "white" people may want to start checking your background before you make racist remarks. Hate to tell you all, but if your family was here before the mid-1800s, you probably be black and/or Indian no matter what color your skin is.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
A friend of mine emailed this to me about a month and a half ago. As a joke. Im suprised that its just now making it to such a forward thinking site as ATS.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by secretagent woooman
reply to post by Mynaeris

Most people voted for Obama because he was the slim hope of anything positive happening, electing Sarah Palin was a recipe for doomsday.
Sarah Palin was not running for election, she was John McCain's running mate.

I don't know who is going to be more disappointed, the whole "black privilege" crowd or all the other ethnicities who are expecting the whole country to turn into Compton.
I'm sure there'll be enough disappointment going around in a few months for everyone. Have no fear about that..

It won't happen folks, Obama and his black
staffers are too white and there is no money to dole out for 40 acres and a mule anyway.
It's simple math.. nothing from nothing leaves nothing. When's the last time you were able to spend yourself out of debt?

By the way, a lot of you "white" people may want to start checking your background before you make racist remarks. Hate to tell you all, but if your family was here before the mid-1800s, you probably be black and/or Indian no matter what color your skin is.
That's true. I'm about 1/8 Black and approximately 1/16th Native American depending upon which side of the family I'm speaking with. I'm not ashamed of either heritage.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
This thread was built on two disgusting acts:

1. A collection agency or financial institution released a taped voicemail of their customer which they probably broke the law doing so.

2. The OP has posted this most likely illegally published message and twisted it to mean something that it OBVIOUSLY (to those of us who have a friggin brain) didn't mean.

Well, kudos to you, sir. Hope you spend those ill-gotten points well.

*golf clap*

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

Hey there HTBMTL

Bravo.....Bravo.

You hit it out of the park. I,like you and many others, cannot understand why the liberal posters to this discussion cannot "see between the lines" to what she is implying. I guess that's their problem.

Thanks for the reply.

SeeYa!!

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

1. A collection agency or financial institution released a taped voicemail of their customer which they probably broke the law doing so.

2. The OP has posted this most likely illegally published message and twisted it to mean something that it OBVIOUSLY (to those of us who have a friggin brain) didn't mean.

*golf clap*

You are obviously a blind liberal like most of the decenters that posted here. I bet you'd see things differently is she said "We've got McCain!! Then you could blame the "friggin"conservatives for something.

It's funny that you can't see her phone call for what I see it as. I guess that's what makes you vote one way as I vote the other.

As for being jealous for this post getting some attention, get over it. If memory serves you got most of your "friggin" points in one swing. It was your post on FEMA and the Galveston West End Cover up. I read and enjoyed the post. It generated good discussion and in some cases, debate. This is no different.

Sorry that this post bruised your delicate "friggin" liberal views about what is plainly obvious to the right.

Do you want some cheese with that whine???

[edit on 25-1-2009 by wolf241e]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

*golf clap*
Don't shoot the messenger for being the bearer of bad tidings.. He didn't make the call, she did.

Her words, and the context in which they were used are obvious.. What's to misunderstand?

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
You have completely misunderstood her call, I dissected it rather astutely on the first page of this thread, for which I received 4 applauses from mods and 25 stars...

It's a very enlightening read.

As the person you were quoting said... the vast majority of us understand what this woman meant.

[edit: removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]
Quoting - Please review this link

[edit on 25-1-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
reply to post by Luciferdescending

I don't listen to right wing talk radio.

Just because you don't hear it doesn't mean that it is not an issue.

So where do you hear it? What communities? I want to hear it too since even thought I spend so much time with black people and poor people, I am not hearing it.

Honestly, where are you hearing it? The same places I kept hearing how George Bush could speak with God personally?

I, too, speak personally with God ... He doesn't yell so you have to quiet to hear His voice ...

You'd better listen to a little left and a little right wing medias. Then draw your own conclusions from your own research.

I've also heard a sound bite of a woman saying she wasn't worried. Obama was going to take care of her! Can you say welfare? Taking from the rich and giving to the poor isn't how to fix this economic mess. Makes more people dependent on the government for everything. Something I, for one, don't care for. Government works for us ... we're the boss not them. Let's get louder and let them know who's boss!

Mr. Obama, I need a handout too.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
This a brilliant level of delusion. The belief that because you now have a black (or part black) president he's going to make all african-americans rich. Where's the logic behind that. Of course it may explain why they all voted for him. How can anyone truly believe that because they aren't rich and someone the same colour as them has become president they will be made rich. It just doesn't make sense. If Obama suddenly started handing out vast amounts of cash to a select group of people it would undermine belief in him (at least for those outside the group) and any faith in government fairness.
Ah I just can't come to a proper conclusion over this delusion of grandeur. Maybe someone else can explain it better than I.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cio88
Im pretty sure this thread is about blacks and false entitlement. Im not going to argue this with you .. read my sig

Wow.

and.... your signature, another wow.

I took the lady to mean she was hopeful things would get better with the economy because of Obama, not out of some false sense of entitlement, and certainly not because she's black.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join