It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Have Barack Obama...click.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Mynaeris

HI Mynaeris, I am poor and ignorant, but I aint stupid

when their lives in fact don't change after four years, and it only gets worse, will they re-elect him?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Hey stormdancer, having read some of your posts I can quite honestly say you are neither ignorant nor stupid, as for whether they will re-elect him, I can just point back to my post on my South Africa experience bit earlier in this thread.

In brief the expectations won't die just the object on who will deliver these. In South Africa the people are planning on electing Jacob Zuma a man who makes huge promises and has the following of the masses especially the youth, three concurrent wives, indicted for corruption and somehow escaped rape charges.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by Mynaeris]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mynaeris
reply to post by HunkaHunka

So technically you were willing to vote for anybody without experience but with foreign parents? Doesn't sound exactly like something I would be looking for in a President.

I never said that...

When the Hillary and the Republicans brought out the spectre of inexperience, I was happy to say that it was a plus for him given our situation.

Wow, I think you just read into things way too much.

BTW... this ain't South Africa. So it doesn't compare in the least.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Can you explain what makes South Africa different? I am assuming you know nothing about South Africa other than it's not a city in the USA. I remember some american "promoter" coming into my office and suggesting he was going to stage three concerts in South Africa, the first in Johannesburg, the second in Cape Town and the third in Cairo.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
reply to post by Mynaeris

As for his experience, that was a reason I voted for him. I didn't want anyone with "experience" at screwing things up. I wanted someone completely different from the Presidents I had seen in the past.

Specifically I was looking for the son of an immigrant. because I believe that the only hope for America is to be found in the Immigrants really see the value and promise of our great nation.

Many of us who were born here, simply take a lot of it for granted.

Did I miss something here? As I read it you wanted someone without any appropriate experience and who is the child of immigrants? Nice belated edit with the addition of "screwing things up".

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mynaeris
I understand you feel you have to defend the people you love, but maybe it's okay to understand that all communities have their ignorant and those who feel entitled. Your sample however is not very representative and as I stated earlier what is wrong with this thread is that it implies somehow with these samples that it is Obama has been caught out.

Judging by the people I know and observe in my multi-culti enclave in southern Connecticut, I think HunkaHunka's sample IS representative and it's the caller in the OP's link, and the lady in the video on page 1 (Patty Johnson, I believe), that are the exception.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Really that's kinda pathetic, that black people could think this one guy is going to change their world like that. Here's what happened in one black church just after the nomination:

Following his historic election as President of the United States it was not uncommon to witness his faithful followers in the throes of adoration fitting for a Messiah. The day after Barack Obama was elected president, Larry Younginer knelt in front of the congregants at his suburban Atlanta church and offered a prayer of thanks. "Lord, we have again come to you in prayer, and you have heard our cries from heaven, and you have sent us again from the state called Illinois, a man called Barack to heal our land."

They are comparing Obama to Abe Lincoln, both came from Illinois and a lot of them think that is relevant.

I have mixed feelings about Obama, however I don't think he is going to propose new and better ways for people to get something for nothing, we have enough of that already. I tend to think he is geared more towards offering a hand-up rather than a hand-out, but time will tell.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by Bombeni]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I think that you have made yourself very clear in what you are trying to say. The problem you have is that you are trying to talk to people that do not want to hear what you are saying if it does not blend perfectly with their way of thinking. Unless you just have the time and feel like fighting a losing battle I would humbly suggest that you let them enjoy what they think is the proof they want to support their negative beliefs about President Obama.
There are some people that have no interest in the truth and they will hold on tightly to any bit of drivel and fluff that comes their way to support their beliefs.

We have lost so much in America and we are feeling the pains and mourning the lost of a life and a lifestyle that used to hold joy, pride and promise. We are living in uncertainty and fear is our constant companion so we look for a reason and someone to blame. Unfortunately it is a wasted effort and a strategy that will bring certain defeat.

We can not cry over spilled milk. We should be looking at what we can do to fix it. Not run from it. Not hide from it. Not fantasize about revolutions or messiahs. We need to look at a truly workable plan that will fix this mess and get up off our collective butts and just do it. We will either have to make sacrifices now of our choosing or the choices will be made for us.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

That's exactly the way that perceived this phone call. It sounded, to me anyway, that later on this year, all of her problems are going to be solved because he was in the catbird seat now.

Wouldn't it be nice if that were the truth.

Thanks for the reply.

SeeYa@!

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I can't stop f'n laughing at this. The whole web is abuzz with it too which makes it more great. Now we know what idiots think when they go to the polling booth, especially idiots in the inner cities. Look at an electoral map of US counties, lol it is all red except inner cities. All them poor Obamaites deifying their messiah with their own false hopes......or maybe just maybe perhaps vote recruiters were telling these poor inner city uneducated people the very things this woman said. Makes you wonder.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Originally posted by wolf241e

Sorry that you have to download this to hear it. I can't find it anywhere on the web that is not in download format.

What in the world is she thinking?? Does she really think that Mr. Obama is going to help her with her car?? Because we now have a black President and her life is going to suddenly get better overnight??

She never said Obama would help her with her car. Did you listen to the same thing I did?

No, at the end of the call, in which she was audibly frustrated, yet to her credit never really cursed etc, she exclaimed "We're not rich like y'all (Citibank)..."

And then she felt better about it because she realized that Obama was in office so it gave her a feeling of assuredness in her time of feeling completely inadequate.

So she then says "... but we will be soon! We have Barack Obama"

I'm very glad for Mr. Obama and all non-white people, that the glass ceiling has been broken. I think that is the way it's supposed to be.
But don't you think that the expectations game is being set so high for this guy that he'll never meet them, no matter how good of a job that he does??

Dude, (or dudette) I don't think you understand the frustration this lady feels. This wasn't anything about race. It was about feeling the strain of not being able to make ends meet.

Hey HH, We've been sparing over my last couple of posts now...good...I like a healthy debate.

You're right she never said President Obama would help her with her car...but she implied that help was coming to her because he was now in office. Come on bud, read between the lines, will ya?

It is "dude" btw and I do feel the frustration that she is going through, but I'm sure of one thing. She will have to fix her own life and keep Obama out of it. I'm still wondering why she brought his name into the phone call in the first place.
Clearly, she is in trouble with the car loan company and she's doing a dodge to keep the car. Then what...invoke President Obama's name and all of her ills will disappear??? What...thru white guilt?? It is no one's fault that she can't pay her bill but her own and you know it.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Captain Obvious

Hey there Cap!

Cool find. I never saw that one before.

I'm still surprised by this outlook of the woman in the vid. How much do you want to bet that at sometime in the near future, she will actually stop paying her bills while waiting for the Obama machine to rescue her.

Like I said, he is going to lose the expectation game real fast.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by pyrytyes

Hey P

I saw that about the "white construction workers" on here last night.

I was quite surprised at that one. The comparisons were a bit strange to me. Maybe that's because I'm a white guy, who knows?

Hey, before you go, pass the Kool-Aid!!

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Hey HH,

Don't you think that evidence that you talking about was in the phone call??

"Were not rich like y'all, but we will be". "We got Obama"

It sounds to me like she's got her hand out waiting for the magical cash to flow.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
So, the lady says she has $1000 to $2000 dollars payed on it but the car is at the shop, with a piece of the car at another shop??? What on earth did they do to the car? and if its in that bad of shape why not just give it back??

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni

Following his historic election as President of the United States it was not uncommon to witness his faithful followers in the throes of adoration fitting for a Messiah. The day after Barack Obama was elected president, Larry Younginer knelt in front of the congregants at his suburban Atlanta church and offered a prayer of thanks. "Lord, we have again come to you in prayer, and you have heard our cries from heaven, and you have sent us again from the state called Illinois, a man called Barack to heal our land."

[edit on 23-1-2009 by Bombeni]

Hey "B", great reply.

This is exactly what I was getting to in the first place.

This guy will never live up to the hype that now surrounds him.

The new Savior, the new MLK, the Lord has sent him to us.

How can anyone live up to that??

These first 100 days should prove to be very interesting indeed.

SeeYa@!

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

I know some white people who got up in church to "testify" that God had sent us Ronald Reagan (that was some time ago). I was there. Nobody, of course, accused them of wanting a "handout"--they weren't African Americans.

I don't think the prayer posted by Bombeni was in any way out of order. Many people hope Obama will be as great as Abraham Lincoln or MLK. Those were both human beings--extraordinary human beings--but certainly not the Messiah. And I don't think anyone can seriously doubt that our land is in need of healing.

I myself am expecting better times as a result of the election. Better times, not perfect ones. And if the woman in the phone call found hope in the possibility that those who are losing their jobs and their homes will eventually be able to find work and pay their debts, more power to her.

IMO the woman was simply saying that for once those in power actually care about people like her.

Most of this thread is just attempts to reinforce all the tired old stereotypes of minorities and the poor.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

Nothing that you say or do is going to change these peoples mind. These are the same people that would feel insulted if you call them a racist or a bigot. Yet they harbor deep seated beliefs and ideas that belie the truth. If they see a white man dirty and disheveled and asking for a quarter for a cup of coffee; they see a poor soul down on his luck that has had a bad time of it. Take that same man and make him black then he is a lazy good for nothing dead beat daddy that is looking for his next hit. If they get mugged by a white guy then they may hate the guy and want to beat him up but they won’t want to beat up every white man that they see. Make that mugger black and then every black should be wiped from the face of the earth. The hatred runs so deep in their veins that they can’t even see it and nothing, nothing is ever going to change what they are. They will be spend the entire time of President Obama’s presidency watching his every move, his every nuance and will clip, twist and turn everything that he does or says into a weapon that they can use against him.

I was not an Obama supporter. I am a registered voter but I have no party affiliation. To be honest with you I see absolutely no difference between the Democratic Party and the Republican Party at all. I have no grand expectations of President Obama because I know that he can only do what he is told to do. He is grand window dressing and he is more effective in his position then TPTB could have ever hoped. I did not think that Americans could sink any lower or that they could become more divisive but I was wrong. I can only pray that God bless not only America but that he bless the world we sure are going to need it.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

I have mixed feelings about Obama, however I don't think he is going to propose new and better ways for people to get something for nothing, we have enough of that already.

I don't know anybody, who is a supporter of Barack Obama, who thinks they are going to get "something for nothing".

On the contrary, Obama calls on us to perform service in our community. As someone who signed up for his website what seems like eons ago, we were getting text messages on prior to MLK day exhorting us to help out in our community in some way. Spending time with the elderly, feeding the poor, volunteering someplace, all that mattered was that you took some time on the holiday, if you got one, and spend some of it with helping out your community.

Yeah... this isn't the something for nothing kinda crowd

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightSkyeB4Dawn

I think that you have made yourself very clear in what you are trying to say. The problem you have is that you are trying to talk to people that do not want to hear what you are saying if it does not blend perfectly with their way of thinking. Unless you just have the time and feel like fighting a losing battle I would humbly suggest that you let them enjoy what they think is the proof they want to support their negative beliefs about President Obama.
There are some people that have no interest in the truth and they will hold on tightly to any bit of drivel and fluff that comes their way to support their beliefs.

We have lost so much in America and we are feeling the pains and mourning the lost of a life and a lifestyle that used to hold joy, pride and promise. We are living in uncertainty and fear is our constant companion so we look for a reason and someone to blame. Unfortunately it is a wasted effort and a strategy that will bring certain defeat.

We can not cry over spilled milk. We should be looking at what we can do to fix it. Not run from it. Not hide from it. Not fantasize about revolutions or messiahs. We need to look at a truly workable plan that will fix this mess and get up off our collective butts and just do it. We will either have to make sacrifices now of our choosing or the choices will be made for us.

Star for you NightSkye.... you are so very correct.

I appreciate the check...

HunkaOUT

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join