It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will We Have Another Civil War and/or A Racial War in American Under Obama?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by titorite
Now when times are tough why would I take up arms against my neighbor? The color of their skin did not ruin the economy. Their culture did not send troops to Iraq. Rap music is not responsible for violent crime.

Bad people are responsible for Bad choices.

Also my assumption are not as huge as you might think... I've seen Aryan nation folks decked out it runes... Part of that Nordic heritage Proud to be white BS....

So no... race is not gonna play any part in our next Civil war.

I hope you are right. But a simple look at demographics may (I said may) disagree.

When states have no funds for welfare, when the government has to cut or stop entitlement programs like food stamps. Which portions of the culture will be affected the hardest by these changes?

One look to California can answer that question.

When the poverty class is forced to go hungry and homeless, which demographics will it be made of?

When it becomes a war of the haves and have nots, people will band with other people that are #1 like them, and #2 of the same thinking as them.

for example, if the Hispanic population in California started to protest, are they going to band together with people who speak and think in the same language as them or are they going to reach out to the English speaking and thinking population to protest with them?

People will form groups defined by their own cultural roots. If one group gets help and another doesn't, those groups will attack each other to have what the other does.

It happens now in California - look at the political activism of the past.

It will only get worse when people are hungry, broke and homeless.

You can chose to believe that the human species has evolved far enough to look towards the good of all humans, but *I believe* that your faith would be misplaced in that respect.

**I've never met any Aryan Nation people afaik, so I wouldn't have a clue about them being decked out in runes - thanks for the info**

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by moonrat
All you gun nuts are the same.

The second amendment doesn't actually say that the individual has a right to bear arms.

What it says (or means) is that a 'militia' that might form in the defense of the USA, has the right to bear arms.

Very big difference.

Try reading the document.

YOU ARE WRONG!!! SO SAYETH THE SUPREME COURT!!!!

"the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

what part of "infringed" confuses you?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ScarletNyx

Originally posted by The Parallelogram

He is not a Baby Boomer, he is part of a generation who saw the same kind of corruption we are seeing first hand.

Sorry, but I had to correct you on this one. The baby boomers go until 1964. Which by the way I was born in, so I am the last year of the baby boomers, and Obama is older than I am.

[edit on 19-1-2009 by j2000]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by j2000

Originally posted by ScarletNyx

Originally posted by The Parallelogram

He is not a Baby Boomer, he is part of a generation who saw the same kind of corruption we are seeing first hand.

Sorry, but I had to correct you on this one. The baby boomers go until 1964. Which by the way I was born in, so I am the last year of the baby boomers.

Hes on the edge, called a "cusper", those who can remember Vietnam and all that good stuff. It still does not negate what I said - he remembers and lived through the corruption that led us here today. The fact that he is on the boundary of generations is actually better, and I do thank you for pointing up my slip of the keys

EDIT : Well, we were both half right. He's a young baby boomer, but half of the people he's appointed have been cuspers or whatnot. The micracles of Google! Sorry if there is a hyperlink feature, I'm new and I'm still fiddling with the buttons.
www.examiner.com...

[edit on 19-1-2009 by ScarletNyx]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Will We Have Another Civil War/Racial War in American Under Obama?

Who's we?, American? I suspect you are not American... there was never a racial war in America, nor was there a Civil/Racial war...

This sounds like titor-ism stuff to me, did you find any of those news articles at that titor site?

There will be no civil war in the USA, not now, not when we're actually IN the depression, and not after.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Razimus

Apparently I need to edit the title, as there are now 2 people who don't seem to understand the question presented.

I'll get right to that

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot
If black people knew what Abraham Lincoln had planned for them, they'd be celebrating "John Wilkes Boothe" day. *sigh*

No wonder history isn't taught in schools anymore.

Can you please elaborate I'm interested in what you know.
2 looiiiness

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I Am 18 years old, I am all for feedom and i see where our country has gone, once a great nation, now on its knees. I see what needs to be done but i'm verry unsure if right now is the right time. I have played enough video games to know that a nation is weak when it is in a war and right now we are in the middle east fighting. If we choose to start a war with ourselves we will hurt our chances of being free far more. During my video game sessions i have learned that it is real easy to whipe a country out when they are divided and they are in a war. In the wolrd today we can not afford to go through a civil war or revoloutionary war being the sittuation we are out now and seing russia and china needing more things it would be the worst idea that we could ever make and a verry stupid descision that hasn't been thought out well at all

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

Here in Texas the mexicans out number the white folk a few to 1. Almost same as California. Yet their is this cultural difference between the two states. Here in Texas we have a saying about remembering the Alamo. It goes like this:

You better remember it because your ancestors fought on both sides of it!

When Santa Ana was going nuts Texas wanted to be free. So poor mexicans reached out to people like David Crockett and together they had a revolution.

It had nothing to do with race and everything to do with bad government, in this case the government of Mexico.

So that is the historical precedent for how the lower and upper classes work together when times are tough.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by moonrat
All you gun nuts are the same.

The second amendment doesn't actually say that the individual has a right to bear arms.

What it says (or means) is that a 'militia' that might form in the defense of the USA, has the right to bear arms.

Very big difference.

Try reading the document.

Yes but a militia does not provide weapons. When it was written everyone fought with the weapons that had bought and own , so yes you are correct but a militia is formed from regular citizens who own their own guns.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by titorite

I don't know how fitting your example is though. You speak of a time before Texas was even a US state. Texas Statehood didn't come until 1845. NINE years AFTER your example.

Also your example speaks of a time where we had smaller communities and everyone knew and helped each other.

That is not the case today. In fact, in MOST areas, people don't even know the names of all their neighbors, much less help them when they are having a hard time.

I do hope you are right. Tom Chittum's book, Civil War Two: The Coming Breakup of America, that I referenced in the OP wouldn't agree with you either.

But we can still hope, isn't that the theme for this new administration anyway?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure most Americans do not want to fight and kill eachother. Yes there are racist people who will jump at the opportunity to off someone of a different race.

I'd be willing to bet that most American's would not have a problem offing the elitists or fighting against them to protect our freedoms.

I don't see me and my neighbors killing each other, but finding a common ground to stand and fight together against the few that may oppress us in the future.

I can't see myself killing somebody because they are black or hispanic or arab or asain or just plain killing somebody in general.

As majority of us are not elite we will find no other option but to band together because we will see we are being treated the same.

just an opinion ....Have no idea if any of this will even happen.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
any "race" war that occurs will no doubt be started by someone who wishes to have an excuse to kill someone based on their skin color.
if you're citing the recent events in california as the beginning of have/have not war then, perhaps that's possible.
i find the idea of a race war the wishful thinking of deranged individuals.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I don't think a race war would even be possible in America. The racial cultures have become too intertwined to form battle lines. There are probably a few who would love that to happen, but I just don't see it. I can't see my group of peers, coworkers and friends going against each other after all these years.

A civil war, maybe. People are getting tired of taxation and repression, if we do have any type of internal war, it will be a class war. Yes, some could draw some racial lines in the sand regarding class, but to me those lines will be blurred. The war will be between the haves and have nots, the workers and the takers.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I believe that the USA is finished. I believe there will be a mass cull. I believe that the government will simply divide us by race, religion, sex, age and condition and let us tear each other up. If 25% of the US population were to work that would require 75,000,000 jobs and so on as the percentage rises. It is cheaper to let us kill each other while riding this out someplace like Dubai

Any fight between the population will still be over RESOURCES but excuses are formed so we don't have to look like we are fighting over a bucket of water!

[edit on 19-1-2009 by Alpha_Magnum]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I see a class war far more likely than a race war. People everywhere are aware that the different classes of society are not treated equally. The poor and middle class know full well that they won't be given special treatment at the airport, or anyplace else. We all know that when it comes to the people responsible for the current problems in the US that we're far more likely to be looking at someone in a suit and limo more than we'll be looking at the color of their skin.

The primary problems I see with the riots and the civil unrest I've experienced so far is that the average everyday person is the one that seems to take the brunt of it. Go ahead and YouTube the LA riots, or any other riot of your choosing. You notice that it's "ma & pa" shops that are being destroyed. You notice it's their own neighborhoods being destroyed. What you also notice is that these bands of people aren't assembling and pressing forward to confront the people responsible for any of the problems. You notice that the big skyscrapers remain just as they are. The businessmen/women are largely unaffected by the goings-on. You notice that the band of people don't march to their state government centers to act out their anger and frustration on politicians that caused the problems in the first place.

That's why the middle class doesn't stand a chance against the corporate elite and politicians. Those groups know full well that the middle class and poor will exert all of their energy fighting each other rather than cutting the head off the monster. I assure you that if the middle class and poor chose ONLY to target and defeat the corporate elite and politicians during their riots, uprisings, and revolutions, that we'd see things change extremely quickly. It's only when the middle class re-learns what the Founding Fathers already knew that we'll succeed in changing the disaster that has become the United States of America. The Founding Fathers knew that the average everyday people are a force unstoppable when they understand that the enemy isn't each other, but the corporate elite and politicians that cause all the problems.

IF something is to happen here in the US, I hope that all the people realize this fact and focus their attention where it needs to be focused on. I hope the middle class and poor will not attack one another as that will be antithetical to everything they desire.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by b3r6a8d8

This is not a Christian nation!!!!! We are a nation of many beliefs, though Christianity is most prominent, it is surely not the only one.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85
I'm pretty sure most Americans do not want to fight and kill eachother. Yes there are racist people who will jump at the opportunity to off someone of a different race.

I'd be willing to bet that most American's would not have a problem offing the elitists or fighting against them to protect our freedoms.

I don't see me and my neighbors killing each other, but finding a common ground to stand and fight together against the few that may oppress us in the future.

I can't see myself killing somebody because they are black or hispanic or arab or asain or just plain killing somebody in general.

As majority of us are not elite we will find no other option but to band together because we will see we are being treated the same.

just an opinion ....Have no idea if any of this will even happen.

Lucid, this is exactly what a revolution is. So much has been discussed from the perspective of a civil war which will not happen. Revolution is entirely possible though. Have any of you read up on the French Revolution lately? I have because I believe that that is what's going to happen. Many of the same causes of the French Revolution are occuring today. Maybe not with named Kings and Queens but certainly with the same attitudes.

Seriously, go read up on the French Revolution and tell me you think it's not possible now. Causes of the French Revolution

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join