It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anybody else getting tired of looking at AVATARS on ATS that are Advertising evil?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Seeing as people are talking about avatars, I have noticed a couple in this thread that are to wide and some that are to long.

So just a reminder about the size of avatars, saves me having to remove them

If anyone needs a hand re-sizing U2U me

GIF and JPEG file formats only with a maximum dimension of 160 pixels wide, by 320 pixels tall. File sizes are not to exceed 75k, and animated GIF's are allowed. (physical size can extend up to 400 pixels tall for images under 50k in file size)

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
nevermind, misread

[edit on 17-1-2009 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ant4AU

You do realize that people are going to change their avatars just to piss you off even more now don't you.

Oh absolutely, im already working on my new EVIL avatar. Mind you i should, i have had this one for years. Love your EVIL clown. Super. Makes me feel really EVIL.

Think i shall go out and get me some EVIL kebab from my EVIL kebab man.

Yeah.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Dude... I had been drinking last night when I made this thread.

I was kinda trolling...

it happens.

I apologize to ATS, but there are still some people here that might want to change thee avatar... just a little opinion of mine... sorry.

I'm suprised that this thread got the amount of replies that it did.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

So you admit to "trolling brought on by drinking"... that's even worse. You just lost all credibility on these forums in my opinion, I am sure I am not alone.

You have no right or bearing to suggest people change a "picture" just because you do not agree with it. Would you also suggest burning books you do not agree with? Your line of thinking strays towards that direction.

Especially coming from someone with the name "Doomsday". For if you stay with your argument.. YOUR name is advertising evil. See, anybody can make generalizations about something/someone they know nothing about.

My last post on this thread, for you do not deserve any more attention.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I would say it depends on why the picture was used. Did the user just like it, did it strike a cord with them, is it something personal from their life?

You might think my image is evil as it is the eye of horus/ra. I can give you the very boring reasons behind it and i promise you it's nothing evil or sinister. It's actually rather innocent and even touching in a way.

I think judging people on their avatar is silly. Your avatar can say a lot about you but it can never tell the full story of your choice of it.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029

think twice about what image you want to display to other members of ATS... please?

[edit on 16-1-2009 by Doomsday 2029]

Take your own advice, bud.
Two lines.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

The darker the better IMO, said with tongue firmly in cheek.

The evil people should have cuddly ones and the cuddly people evil ones.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
If it really really bothers you Op, you can always do one thing..

Surf ATS with your eyes closed...

And if that to difficult a task, (which it already seems) stab yourself in the eye, that will most certainly work

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by PoisonousPoison
Can't anything be misconstrued as evil though? I know mine certainly can aside from the cigar and if one knows the person who is in my avatar (I won't say for that would take the fun and mystery out of it all
). Though really avatars? Why? some may be depressing, but perhaps the person is depressed and finds comfort in showing off an avatar like that.

I've braved the depths of /d/ a few times. I, unfortunately, know far more about your avatar than most here could even begin to comprehend.

reply to post by Ant4AU

Oh, what the hell man! Not cool. I have epilepsy and a terrible phobia of clowns you son of a ....!!!!!

[edit on 17-1-2009 by Lasheic]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Lasheic

Then simply hit the escape button and the animation will stop works with all avatars and all in thread posts. It's that simple then you want have to see the flashing evil clown just the evil clown, maybe this will get you over your fear.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Ant4AU

lets hope that he hasnt had a fit and needed to see a doc?

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal
Is my avatar evil? I'm not a Christian, so I guess I am evil. Oh noes!

If you are over the age of 17, then I don't think your avatar is evil.

Uh, what does my age have to do with it? I don't get it...

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Is my avatar evil? I'm not a Christian, so I guess I am evil. Oh noes!

If you are over the age of 17, then I don't think your avatar is evil.

Uh, what does my age have to do with it? I don't get it...

well... you look kinda atractive... I have to admit.

But only if you are over the age of 17...

(stupid joke)

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I think that any usurpers of liberty would find my avatar to be evil, don't you? Funny thing about evil that- so open to interpretation and perspective, isn't it?

Plus, I get to wear my avatar with me everywhere I go!

Take that usurpers!

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
My avatar represents Phoenix the roosters struggle for survival in the gaza cam thread.

Might be considered evil depending on your religion(or fear of roosters)

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Peoples choices of avatar are very revealing , they are an insight into the minds that lay behind them but they are not some insidious force harnessed to plot anyone's moral downfall.

Subtle forces act upon us every day often unbeknown to us but known to advertising agencies and just about every corporate interest trying to relieve you of your money, or shape public opinion.

An avatar is the least of our worries .

Its those wretched jingles that i can get out of my head .

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Good lord.
Haven't you people got anything better to complain about?

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Ant4AU

kinda off topic but that is a fine looking dog mate he/she yours?

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Neilc1972

yea he is a four year old american bulldog. Don't let his looks fool you he is a nothing more than a big puppy.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join