It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anybody else getting tired of looking at AVATARS on ATS that are Advertising evil?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I had read the thread you linked to with the skull type avatar, and I didn't think twice about it.

Then, I was reading this thread and clicked the link.

As soon as I saw that again, in a new light,

Well, I just started cracking up.

Good point.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

if you can't find the beauty, passion or life in darkness and dark imagery, then you need to expand your mind.

Not everything can be daisies and rainbows... tho I have to admit, I liked plucky's previous avatar better

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I'm just going to be blunt, but please know that I am not trying to be rude. Get yourself firefox for a browser, right click on the image and ban that image, problem solved.

I mean really who gets to decide what is evil and not an appropriate avatar? You? Your standards may be much stricter than my own, maybe I should be the one to decide or maybe anyone of the other members here at ATS. I think that the people who made the site have guidelines for the avatars and if those people's avatar meet them then who is anyone to say otherwise. So what even if it is evil, dark or witchcraft. You don't have to approve, heck even I think some of these avatars are really creepy, but I don't have to like them or approve of them for someone else to have it. Block the picture and move on.

[edit on 17-1-2009 by MaMaa]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Seriously, getting upset about people choosing to show an "evil" avatar?

I suppose if you were really sensitive to things like that, then I could understand getting upset about it. But seriously, with all the options you have at your disposal, like a previous poster said about Firefox, there's really no reason to be complaining about it when it is a problem that is easily remedied.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Hello Doomsday,

If you are using Firefox browser then there is an add on that can be installed
it is called AdBlock Plus,you can Google it,it is on the Mozilla addons site,once installed all you have to do is right click on any image,select"AdBlock image"
and in the dialog box that pops up click"Add Filter",from then on that image will never appear again on that page,you can use it on a most images and GIF's and it is amazing how much more room there is on a page when images are
removed,

Hope that helps

BV.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I like skulls because it is a reminder of our physical mortality, but making the skull look 'alive' is representation that life goes on after death. Death brings life, which begets death, which brings about life again. How is that evil? Maybe you could consider the Bass evil, since it is not tuned to a Solfeggio scale?

On my side, I wanna ask What is up with all the people without avatars?!? Don't you know I log into ATS just to browse peoples' avatars, and here's your thread WITHOUT AN AVATAR?!? I'm highly offended! Are you some kind of non-conformist biggot who is prejudiced not only against what you deem as 'evil' avatars, but against all avatars in general? Should I write an entire thread about how I think EVERYONE should be required , or at least have the common decency to pretty-up their posts with an avatar? Naw... I'll just hijack a small section of yours to point out your intolerance in a sarcastic and amusing (at least to me) way.

BTW, if you feel that my avatar IS evil, you should see the ink on my back! I gots alot of evil there... Griffon and Gargoyle (classic 'guardians' always got my back!), tribals shaped like scythe (reap the grain... from death comes life), and my own representation of Yin/Yang.

Aww, heck... I'll just pop the picture up...

[edit on 18-1-2009 by Earthscum]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I enjoy the diversity of all the avatars, I am a bit distracted by the animated ones, but a lot of them are neat too. I like the one with a cat wearing headphones best! It makes me smile every time I see it. The av's give us a way to express ourselves, like mine, my fem soldier, I am not a soldier, but if I needed to be, this is the bad-**s way I would do it! It's just for fun, and recognizing each other. Without them the boards would look pretty dull.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   

...and your screen name is DOOMSDAY 2029

Does anyone else see the irony in this???

now I know what you're thinking, no they aren't evil torturous blue spikes on my avatar, it was a gel ball I edited in photoshop

just wanted to make that clear for you

you know what I'll go the way of earthscum and show you some evil on my back too!!!

OOooOOOOOOOoOOOoooOOOoOoOOOo

-JR

[edit on 18-1-2009 by bandaidctrl]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   

You should worry less about others' avatars and worry more about your own screen name. One's thoughts become creation. People like Nostradamus, and you, and anyone else prophesizing doom will bring about their own demise. If you have good, positive thoughts, you will create good, positive atmospheres and a peaceful world for yourself and others. Change starts with yourself.

[edit on 1/18/2009 by pjslug]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
not everything in the world is rainbows and kisses with sugar coated lemon drops OP. As much as most people would like to be ridden of "evil" and death and such, it is so impossible for such an event to happen that its practically irrelevant to ask of it or complain about it.

As for Avatars like mine; Mine strikes fear in a lot of people, disturbance, and a somewhat haunting feeling to the majority of people. However, there are some gifted ones out there that see the artistic views behind it and see the curiosity, the concentration, and the beauty that art exposes.

Not all things evil looking mean that they necessarily are evil, nor does the User want to display his or her worships of that "evil".

Perhaps you should get down from your Golden "reality" of a perfectly harmless world and begin to look closer at what is all around you.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Symbolism exists in millions of forms, with a million more meanings to different cultures and individuals.

As an artist, I absolutely love some of the avatars here, including the ones you openly criticize.

My opinion? You need to get some perspective, and understand that creativity isn't as simple as you make out. If there is a symbol in an image that you associate with the Illuminati, chances are high it's you misunderstanding it, or an open play on the idea, rather than a person supporting it.

Imagery is supposed to send a message, not be agreeable to you specifically.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Why do you have to hate on other peoples avatars? I see nothing wrong with interestedalways' avatar. I also think the avatar in the OP of the thread you linked looked pretty cool. Why don't you turn on low bandwidth mode and spare us from this rant. This actually should be in the BTS Rant section IMO. If you're using Firefox I'd recommend downloading ad blocker plus and blocking the images that you feel are questionable. Better yet, why don't you take care of this via U2U with those members instead of publicly?

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Hold on, I'm getting out my Beatles records and start spinning them backwards.... Hmmm Paul is dead, Paul is dead. LOL

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Earthscum

Avatars are a means of expressing oneself. I feel that a lack of avatar is a good expression of myself.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029
Change your avatar dude. Yea you... you know who you are.
You want your avatar to be an all seeing eye? A skull? some kind of evil alien?
Some kind of witchcraft icon?
What the hell?
www.abovetopsecret.com...
I click on this thread and this is your avatar?

Your thread states avatars that are advertising evil.

I clicked on that link, and I saw a face that would be considered ugly by probably a lot of people around here.

So angry ugly people are evil, or what about the witchcraft icon?

Hmm. I think someone here should learn to accept and adapt.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I suppose it is good I am only half-evil. I can't be blamed for promoting malevolence and debauchery amongst the good people of this site.

What about having a sense of humour?

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by bandaidctrl

I see no evil in that photo, just a good looking woman.

Anyway this avatar thing is silly and as the OP said he was drunk when he posted it i think we can all take it with a pinch of salt.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I am not to keen on the animated avatars as they distract me also but each to there own, call it freedom of expression.

I remember the days when all i had was a red cross and i had a friend help me make mine and get it to display, i do love the avatar of BADGE01 to name one of many, yes very aesthetically pleasing.

I like to think you can get some insight into the mindset of the persons avatar myself, or maybe you cant and it's just a cool pic they like, my 2 cents worth.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Earthscum & bandaidctrl
N I C E I N K

I forwarded to the last page because the title & 1st post started out like a tabloid. Immaturity and lack of tolerance at it's finest.

Immature-- because the post is guided by emotion without reason. I did not see the avatar as evil. If you are a fan of horror flics like I am, then I saw a bad-mammy jammy zombie and you had better run! Your viewpoint may not be another persons reality.
You cannot judge a book because if I did then you are promoting doom. Stop it. Doom is evil!
Does this make sense to you?

Lack of tolerance -- You automatically judge and because someone does not think like you you condemn them as evil. That is a a scary personality and is prone to violence. It makes you sound like being a part of the Spanish Inquisition would have been KEWL.

For those two reasons alone, this thread should have been CLOSED long ago because it's not a conspiracy and it's intentionally argumentative and biased from the outset. i don't come to this website to read crap. I started coming here for content.

What makes me even more angry is that I've had little time this week to finish a discussion I'm in on another thread and I spent the time I wanted to spend there writing to you because you hurt my brain and it ripped a tortured out-cry from my fingers..

That ALSO makes you evil. That's double evil... wow.

Shouldn't evil & ignorant threads be denied in the form of closing them ?

mods ? for the love of satan!.. PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD

b

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Have enjoyed immensely reading this thread, due to the wonderfully diverse display of avatars. I don't normally look so closely at them, but will probably start doing so from now on. Thanks OP.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join