It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anybody else getting tired of looking at AVATARS on ATS that are Advertising evil?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I would like to see more death and destruction in the avatars , and SEX and a little drug use to boot

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029
Change your avatar dude. Yea you... you know who you are.

It's sad to see that some members on ATS are defending the Illuminati.

[edit on 16-1-2009 by Doomsday 2029]

I AM EVIL!! as a testament to my evilness, I will now explain my Current AVATAR!!

never go *pop* like snot bubbles.....

Curses
He's truly the worsest
With enough rhymes to spread Throughout the boundless universes
Let the beat blast She told him wear the mask
He said you bet your sweet (butt)
Its made of fine chrome alloy
Find him on the grind He's the rhinestone
cowboy

[edit on 17-1-2009 by drsmooth23]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
yes and more boobies please......lots and lots of delicious healthy nutritious BOOBIES mmmmmmmm boobies

now can we get back to a serious thread please and leave this nonsense alone!

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
To solve this problem I think all should give me total control over all avatars and with my wisdom I can change everyone’s Avatar to one I deem correct.

I promise that I will not abuse this absolute power entrusted to me.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Is my avatar evil? I'm not a Christian, so I guess I am evil. Oh noes!

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

You do realize that people are going to change their avatars just to piss you off even more now don't you. They are not hard to ignore. I am sorry but you should put up a Hitler avatar because you sir are acting like a content Nazi.

edit to add EVIL CLOWN

HIT ESCAPE IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE ANIMATION

[edit on 17-1-2009 by Ant4AU]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Hmmm seeing as you are not an owner of the site... you don't get a vote as to what is offensive. If you have a problem with avatars here... disable them... problem solved. Other than that... build a bridge and get over yourself.

[edit on 17-1-2009 by Resinveins]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
THE MOST POPULAR WEBSITE FOR ALTERNATIVE TOPICS

This is what it says about this site right on the home page. Hmmm, that would lead to the obvious conclusion that many people here have a unique way of looking at the world, and expressing themselves. I thought this thread was a joke until I actually read it and saw that the OP was serious!

I am not much for dark art personally but I love to see the interesting avatars here, as opposed to the cutesy ones all over the net. With so much going on in the world, this is what a person with a name of Doomsday is complaining about??????

If you don't like them, don't look. There is never any reason for people who stand for the principles so valued here to judge something as benign as avatars. Really now.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I SECOND!

I love the independent thoughts and ideas of each and every individual member AND their avatars.

And I LOVE interestedalways's avie, it is soothing and reminds me of her, and she is anything but evil. Like you said she is a good friend and a very beautiful person.

The ones that DO Get to me are the ones that swirl around and hurt my eyes, but I happen to like the people who chose them so I would never want to deny them their personal choice. I simply move the screen shot over to read their posts... Shhh

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I like to look at all the avatars. There are some very interesting ones displayed. I wouldn't read too much into it. Mine for instance is just one of my paintings. Some may say it looks evil, I don't care. I like it.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
hmmm...i like the avatars.
i see no evil in them, just creativity.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

I don't think your avatar looks evil. I think it is interesting and beautiful. And you painted it yourself? I am impressed!

My avatar is made by greeneyedleo. She is a wonderful person, so of course she makes wonderful avatars too. I love the three she has made for me, and I alternate between them, Not too often though, I find it confusing when pople change their avatars every other day!
(Do you hear me, Nohup?)

[edit on 17/1/09 by ziggystar60]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Adding a little love between species -

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

Thank you! Yes I painted it myself, it is my interpretation of depression. Yours is quite lovely!!

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by asmeone2

It is a midieval plague doctor. They were usually trained only in the rudiments of medicine and were hired by plague victim's families to diagnose and treat as best they could the plague sufferers, as the real doctors usually fled.

The outfit served as a crude biohazard suit. The coat was waxed, and the bird mask had aromatic and mildly antibiotic herbs stored in the nose. This covered the mouth, nose, and eyes, helping to prevent infection. It was bird-shaped becaue of a variety of religious and superstitious beleifs of the time.

The image represents my interest in classic and herbal medicine.

Hope that satisfies you.

This is excellent. I had even tried to find out what your avatar was -
as I thought it was so interesting. Every time I saw it - I thought of the original Scrooge movie. Go figure. Very cool. Good history lesson.

[edit on 17-1-2009 by spinkyboo]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Coming in late, but I agree with those who feel anything within the T&C is a-okay.

What might scare or disgust one person (I knew a girl who was TERRIFIED of birds) is likely to be no issue to another (I love birds).

As for MY avatar... That is not the "Illuminati Eye..." That in MY eye staring right back, and I include in my background all others that might join with me in staring Them down.

[smile]

[edit on 1/17/2009 by Amaterasu]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I might get a little bashed myself now

but I agree with the OP that this particular avater is a wee bit scarey for me

Whenever I see that one I scroll down rather quickly and skip those posts, Im also very careful when my kids are around as a lot of avaters here are not meant to be seen by very young kids IMHO

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal

If you are over the age of 17, then I don't think your avatar is evil.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029

Originally posted by GamerGal

If you are over the age of 17, then I don't think your avatar is evil.

and this is the crux of it. What you "think". No one is required to consider what you think of their avatar or anything else, and it looks quite silly for you to sit and render judgment about it.

If we were in a work environment, then your "feelings" or "thoughts" about what others portray would be a consideration. No need to offend in the workplace, and there are laws about it.

However, in the rest of the world (at least, here in the US), there is a thing called "freedom of speech".

Perhaps being less judgemental would be helpful to you? Being Buddhist, I can say that you are causing your own suffering here by wanting something that just isn't going to happen.

Either that, or you are trying to up your point count with this thread, at the cost of your reputation in this community.

edit to add:

read the two following threads. They already covered your complaint. Like i said: search function...learn to use it. With 8k points you should be familiar enough with the site to know the search function. The first thread was started just a little over a month ago.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 17-1-2009 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by spinkyboo

Thanks, I had no idea so many people here liked it, although several people have U2Ued me asking what it was about!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join