It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anybody else getting tired of looking at AVATARS on ATS that are Advertising evil?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
reply to post by bandaidctrl

I see no evil in that photo, just a good looking woman.

Anyway this avatar thing is silly and as the OP said he was drunk when he posted it i think we can all take it with a pinch of salt.

Hahaha yeah I noticed that when I started sifting through the pages, but I'd already replied by then so oh well!

and thanks for the compliment!

-JR

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I think people should be free to express who they are through pictures, even if I dont like their pictures.

Thats just me.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I dunno... I use the same excuse the OP used all the time. Why just last night I told the nice officer that I was driving because I was too drunk to walk straight!

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
my last avatar was of your mum....she wasn't keen

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I like my avatar.

Not one line.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

What you might consider evil based on your beliefs, others may not. So how do we decide what is evil and what isn't? Who's set of values and beliefs do we go by?

Just curious?

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
lol. How can you be afraid of an Avatar?

Is mine child-friendly enough for you? Don’t underestimate GinGin, he’s pretty evil.

Mikey

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Mikey84

Oh my god ! You have the scariest most evil avatar I've ever seen !!!!!

eeeeeeeeeeeeeckkk!!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Yeah!

And while we're at it, can we get rid of anyone that uses red in their avatar text? Red is the color of blood and anger and evil, and I just don't feel comfortable seeing it on here.

It's almost as bad as a girl in a bikini!

*shudders*

Horrible!

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

BTW, InterestedAlways is a friend of mine. Not too fond of your rude and snide comments about her avatar. If you knew the person, you would be blessed to know a wonderful person who is inquisitive, intelligent, and a valuable friend.

I've heard people say the same thing about George Bush.

If only I knew George Bush as a person.... give me a break.

Do you know InterestedAlways as a person or a internet buddy?

You know something, you really cant judge a person because they don't wish to present themselves as traditional fundamentalists, but prefer to show they are spiritually attuned and growing, and alternative, deep and thoughtful in their attitude. This is how InterestAlways is presenting herself, and I have always paid attention to her posts. They are very good. You just showed yourself as judging a package based on a preconception of the world, the paradigm around you. Her avatar shows the opposite, a willing to scratch far beneath the surface, someone who doesn't judge by surface features, someone who is deep, intelligent, alternative and very very cool. I'm happy we are friends on ATS. Wow, you need to do something alternative yourself, just to step out of the box you're in.

BTW, I don't like the black widow spider avatar either, however, I do see the challenge in it, and try to grow beyond my fear of spiders with it. So, Im not sure its all that negative. And there may be meaning behind it as well.

Avatars are not an important way to judge someone, although sometimes they can tell you a bit about the person inside.

Some of the alternative thinkers have the most alternative avatars, and their posts are always food for thought.

[edit on 18-1-2009 by mystiq]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
My avatar is totally evil MF..
It is not for the benefit of you or any other ATS member..
The message it conveys is to the Atonists and here is what it means..

I know you have your all seeing eye on me but be aware that I have both my eyes on you..

Now OP I would really appreciate it if you would concern your-self more with with real issues instead of this dribble you are consuming my bandwidth with..

thanks and peace all

daz__

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

We all like avatars.

Especially scary avatars.

Oooooh, scary avatars.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I guess my avatar IS advertising evil, as it is of TheAmazingAtheist
. I just looked at his face in one of his videos, laughed, and copied the screen.
My last avatar was of the Puscifer, so it had to be a little evil, I mean, Maynard James Keenan is in that band!

[edit on 18-1-2009 by flyindevil]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
my heart burns baleful light ash
The spirit of my head, adjacent to the Place
One example is all the fractal
My hands clear infusion
Timeless color faded deferred
When the time comes I will prepare
Leisure gesture of continuous measurement
The spirit of the time invested in
To be able to listen to
He said the secret frequency
Love to open the light
Dove flight
Some eyes are hidden
You can not. If you do not listen
This is the beauty of the world to wake up much about
Men like the rest of the creature must be trained to
Where do I stand here in this country
I was shocked by the cultural product documentation
Memorial for the past few days is the lack of canvas.
Tree leaves to weave a new fusion
I had a large spiral-shaped light the night sky fractal
It exploded in my spine from the center of the chakra
I imagine that is visible, and manifest catalyst
Intended to create and cement drown
This life lesson to learn and to move the following vector
The second phase consists of three phases in the fourth quarter horse
Announced a major reins of the man's son forceful tour
Alignment of the solar system, even though the assignment justice
Find dragged from the inside and crying brave
I've been in this location, remove the
Honest

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
This is probably the most useless thread ever created on here.

Why is this even starred?

Why is it up?

It's a website of conspiracy theories and you're worried and scared by avatars.

What

the

HELL

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

I think people should be free to express who they are through pictures, even if I dont like their pictures.

Thats just me.

Very true.
What bothers me is the common theme 90% of these avatars have. A picture is worth a 1000 words, they say. Most people require their avatars to be somewhat shocking. As if that would somehow underline and validate their comments...! What I mean by that is that they have little or no imagination due to an inherent need to rebel. But that is the exhuberant nature of the herd on their way of willingly being led to the slaughterhouse. Everybody wants to be first...
Where is there a difference between the horrid symbol of an African witch doctor, the human skull necklace of a New Guinea tribal warrior and some of these avatars? To me there's none. That slumbering primeval human primitivity equates horror with power and status. Cannibals ate their victims not for badly needed protein but to aquire their spirit and to humiliate the foe.
Seems nothing has changed over the eons. Civility is merely a thin facade.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
how is this even an issue? with everything going on in the world today...i suggest you get over your issue with avatars. That would also mean that you would need to take offense to commercials, movies, radio, pictures, websites, and anything else relating to advertising evil. Its very hypocritical to just put avatars in there.

just felt that this was a complete waste of time and its just taking the spotlight away from whats going on today.

disagree 150%

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfAces
how is this even an issue?... ...
just felt that this was a complete waste of time and its just taking the spotlight away from whats going on today.
disagree 150%

If it's a matter of SUCH unimportant trivial bearing in the overall scheme of things, presenting a mere waste of time to you, it does then pose the question as to why you've found it necessary to waste your time in acknowledging it at all.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I was in another thread and I finally noticed what I would consider to be an "evil" avatar.

I won't ID the culprit, but the background was pure white, obscuring the date they registered as a member on ATS.
I don't know about you folks, but I wholly base the credibility of a post based on this date.

I'm still shivering with fear and confusion at such an evil trick.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

See the film "Restoration," with Robert Downey Jr., which shows the mask you're looking at in the previous poster's avatar. Robert Downey Jr. wears it in the film, which is during the plague; filled with fragrant herbs and flowers, it had a dual prupose of A) supposedly filtering out the infectious plague germs, and B) keeping one from smelling the decaying bodies, which were so bountiful that they could hardly be rounded up in a timely fashion.

But yes, it is similar-looking to the venetian mask that was worn in Kubrick's Eyes Wide Shut.

"Bring out yer DEAD!"

As far as evil looking avatatars, don't we live in a supposedly free country (don't get my started with nuanced debate), whereupon every individual has the right to express his/herself within the limits of the law and moral bearing?

You have the right to have puppy dogs or rainbows and others have the right to have skulls satan.

To each his own.

One should be tolerant, because from the other perspectives your (or anyone's) avatar might be just as unsightly or offensive.

It's all about perspective.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join