It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anybody else getting tired of looking at AVATARS on ATS that are Advertising evil?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:
XL5

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
IMO, I like Ghost147's avatar, unlike other av's, its clear, clean and simple, yeah its odd but in a good way. I wonder if theres more of those, maybe a sexy gargoyle demon type lol. I get more offended that people would look past posts with NO avatar and or less points/coloured bar as though ATS is some sort of clique. I would have an avatar, but never saw a real need. Then again I never found a good pic of Kay-Em from Jason X or anything else I really liked.

Gamergirl's avatar a few days ago made me want to do "unholy" things lol, doesn't mean its evil. Try dark purple bobbed hair next, Gamergirl!

There just too many religious doo-gooders that don't have faith in free-will and freedom. Its ok if people get offended and frightened, they have the freedom to look away or ignore.

It would be fun to have a disturbing avatar contest.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Sorry Doomsday for bringing this thread back into the limelight,but I need
nine more posts to qualify for an avatar.

Eight now thanks.

Lewtra

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I was just wondering how many people would complain if somebody's avatar contained a swastika.
That's considered an evil sign as the Nazis used it during their campaigns etc. But it's also use as a good symbol in places such as Buddist and Hindu temples etc.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
YES

2nd line
line 3
4th line

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

Thats like saying, Is anybody else getting tired of looking at peoples profile names that are advertising evil??

*Cough* Doomsday *cough* *cough*

But of course, i wouldn't say that

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Im sick of the evil avatars, there should be certain bans on pentagrams and such. Go contaminate else where!

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I get involved in the mechanics of some of the better ones. The layers of concern for their reality.
Some would make great tshirts. If the user is the creator all the better.

Evil shmevil, it's stupidity and it's horde that tempers me.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I think that "evil" avatars are subjective. Its expression of oneself. Images we choose have different meanings to all of us. I may think a pentacle is a sign of the cycle of destruction and birth. (Japanese) and you may see it as a tool of Satan. Its all subjective...

The swastika was used by a group (can't remember right off hand) as a symbol of eternal life. It was also used (as I'm sure you know) by ANOTHER group that made it a symbol of fear and hate... take from that what you will.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Doomsday 2029....you are incredibly lame hahaha. I mean seriously, what is stuck up your ass? You are making a big deal over avatars?!?!? HAHAHAHA oh my god, this is just pathetic. Apparently you are not familiar with the Bill of Rights....get out of your basement and do something constructive.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by edgecrusher2199
Doomsday 2029....you are incredibly lame hahaha. I mean seriously, what is stuck up your ass? You are making a big deal over avatars?!?!? HAHAHAHA oh my god, this is just pathetic. Apparently you are not familiar with the Bill of Rights....get out of your basement and do something constructive.

I explained earlier in this thread that I had been drinking the night I made this thread... I just got tired of looking at All Seeing Eyes and Devils and evil pictures...

Sorry... just a thought.... I won't share my druken thoughts again on ATS.

And you should embrace my opinion if you want to mention the Bill of Rights.... idiot.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by Doomsday 2029]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029
I explained earlier in this thread that I had been drinking the night I made this thread...

Oh well then. You are totally off the hook. That explains it all.

Now in order for us to have some closure and asses proper blame, was it beer, wine or hard liquor? Then we can move on to brand.

Next time I read a silly thread, my first response will be: "Have you been drinking?"

If only life had an undo button.

regards...kk

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
One persons' evil avatar is another person's piece of art.
Unless there is something very violent (a noose, blood spurting)
I am all for letting people have whatever they want.
The 'in your face' ones are rather comical.

Edited to add - look at the one I have now. It isn't moving, but your eyes make you think that it's moving. Cool, eh???

[edit on 1/23/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ll__raine__ll

hey raine,i love your avatar

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I'm amused at the idea of "advertising evil" I mean, how does that even go?

"Feeling down lately? Unmotivated? Try Evil. Simply go be a dick to people, just to watch their reactions. After all, schadenfreude is something everyone can enjoy. Well, almost everyone."

Evil isn't about skulls or creepy eyes, or pentagrams. Evil is a product of the mind. Very few people are really, truly evil. Most people who do evil things are just working towards what they see as a noble goal. Few people are villains in their own minds.

Satanists aren't usually evil. It's just a silly modern constructed religion, like Wicca. Which is decidedly not evil, just a bit silly. Just a bunch of people who've found something they can believe in, and a community that accepts them.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by mdiinican

Satanists aren't usually evil. It's just a silly modern constructed religion, like Wicca. Which is decidedly not evil, just a bit silly. Just a bunch of people who've found something they can believe in, and a community that accepts them.

Wow... I can't believe I'm actually replying to such an ignorant comment.

Satanists aren't usually evil?

Wicca is just a bit silly?

I'll be sure to pass on this message to my children.

Fool.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029

Originally posted by mdiinican

Wow... I can't believe I'm actually replying to such an ignorant comment.

Satanists aren't usually evil?

Wicca is just a bit silly?

I'll be sure to pass on this message to my children.

Fool.

Ignorant? You're just some radical conservative hatin' on a bunch of generally worthless teenagers and 30-50 year old new age spiritualists.

Sure, preach the hate. Just what children need. More intolerance. I'm sure the world will be a better place because of it.

EDIT: Which is to say I'd be a bit more concerned with them if they weren't, on the whole, a bunch of foundering individuals stuck in crappy service industry jobs, with very likely a higher suicide rate (attempted, at least) and lower homicide rate when compared to the rest of the population.

[edit on 27-1-2009 by mdiinican]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Honestly who doesnt like a tentacle in a lovely womans mouth. dangit that didnt sound as sexually related in my head.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by mdiinican

I'm talking about wicca and witchcraft and satanic crap...

I have two kids...

I'll be teaching them one kind of evil... You drink beer instead of liquor.

I'll introduce them to the Bible, but I'll never force them to go to church... I'll let them figure that out on their own...

But the day my children talk about wicca, Satan and witch craft BS.... I'll kick their ***

I'll kick their *** so bad that they will be in military school before they even have a chance to talk about wicca.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

Hahah, oh wow.

It's your right, though, so, you know, whatever.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by mdiinican

wicca is silly?

Go check out an HBO documentary called Paradise Lost... it's old... but it opened my eyes up to the word "Wicca".

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join