It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anybody else getting tired of looking at AVATARS on ATS that are Advertising evil?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029
Change your avatar dude. Yea you... you know who you are.

some kind of evil alien?
What the hell?

think twice about what image you want to display to other members of ATS... please?

[edit on 16-1-2009 by Doomsday 2029]

My alien isn't evil. He's a good guy actually. He was kicked out by the other aliens because he preferred chocolate chip cookies to humans.
But I have to agree with you a bit because personally I am offended by the use of bananas in avatars and the over useage of the letter "Z" in posts. You'd think with the 26 letters in the english lanquage we could find other ways to express ourselves than the use of bananas and the letter "Z".

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Hi.

I quite enjoy looking at all the many different avatars on ATS,and often find that i can identify an indivdual member by their avatar rather than their member name!

It's all art isnt it? Individual expression and all that.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

does my avatar look evil? sheesh man..... I'm not pro evil, but gosh, people can make as many evil avatars as they want... I could care less, make a demon skull with a pentagram and 666 inside it for all I care... I'm christian, but that stuff doesn't bother me... it's all for show.

Since this topic is about avatars, and basically about nothing.....
I have a question about the word avatar in general...

Everyone knows that avatar is an eastern indian word meaning ascended being, but the modern day use of the word, means icon basically, does anyone know who coined the modern day use of the word avatar? I don't know... but if I had to guess.. and this may be incorrect, but the game Ultima came out in 1981 I believe, the hero of Ultima is called 'the avatar', the creator of the game is a fan of eastern indian beliefs I believe, anyway,
in the games Ultima 1 to Ultima VII, you choose what you want the face of your 'avatar' to be, 'the avatar' being the title of the hero, and I believe it's possible, the modern day use of the word avatar is directly related to the Ultima game... people not knowing what the word avatar meant, they saw 'choose your avatar' and saw icon faces to choose from and thus the modern day use of the word began, Richard Garriott being the creator of the Ultima series.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Is anybody else getting tired of looking at AVATARS on ATS that are Advertising evil?

No because I don't think that's what they are trying to do.
I think they are just trying to make some artistic pictures.
The ones you refer to, one looks like an xray of a skull.
The other has a hand with the eye of Horus.
That can mean many different things to many different people.
It doesn't just mean the Illuminati.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Is anybody else getting tired of listening to people whinge about trivial rubbish?

Thought so...

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

This thread is stupid, but at least I learned what a plague doctor was. Pretty cool piece of history

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   
OK
You got me.
The evil intent of my avatar is to lead all good avatars astray and into the depths of darkness despair and thorny underbrush.
The snow represents the coldness and ambivalance of my demented and unbalanced sociopathic mind and the total lack of warmth in my hollow tin chest. The dead trees represent the fact that I embrace the end of youth and vibrancy and enjoy the slow sad procession into death. The white blaze at the end of the path represents the empty mark of a tombstone that will signify the place where a once living creature became a worm feast in a fancy box. The dead leaves on the ground represent multitudes of lost possibilities and are a tribute to the triumph of evil avatars over good avatars (or completely boring ones that don't even have the personality to exist beyond white letters on a grey background).

Yep.
We're all Bad Bad Bad.

Gotta love it.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Well I would be personally offended if you don't like mine. It is a self-portrait.

By the way OP, I like your name:
" A doomsday event is a specific occurrence which has an exceptionally destructive effect on the human race. The final outcomes of doomsday events may range from a major disruption of human civilization, to the extinction of human life, to the destruction of the planet Earth, to the annihilation of the entire universe. "

Very cheery and uplifting. Please do keep up the good work.

And try changing your undies. You just might feel better about yourself.

regards...kk

[edit on 17-1-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

Seriously? Get a life dude. Go play somewhere else. Freedom of expression, heard of it?? As for saying you're opening another ats account - why bother?

I hope you're trollin'

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I wonder what I could be supporting by my current avatar or any of my other Norse influenced ones? This is a pretty weaksauce concept, SO used to feature the banhammer in his avatar, does that make him bad for seemingly flaunting that he has the power to remove anybody from the site at any time without recourse? No but I suspect the concept is a lost cause.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Can't anything be misconstrued as evil though? I know mine certainly can aside from the cigar and if one knows the person who is in my avatar (I won't say for that would take the fun and mystery out of it all
). Though really avatars? Why? some may be depressing, but perhaps the person is depressed and finds comfort in showing off an avatar like that.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
OOhhh.
PoisonPoison

Deliciously eeevilll.
And kinda naughty as well.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
[ill-mannered comments removed]

[edit on 17-1-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Maybe you should check out Sauron's avatar hahaha. And he is actually a mod

Second line

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Flighty, Miss Sile and Tadarida

Thanks for the compliments!

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Sometimes, my All Seeing Eye just wants to cry...

...if it only had tearducts.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

BTW, InterestedAlways is a friend of mine. Not too fond of your rude and snide comments about her avatar. If you knew the person, you would be blessed to know a wonderful person who is inquisitive, intelligent, and a valuable friend.

I've heard people say the same thing about George Bush.

If only I knew George Bush as a person.... give me a break.

Do you know InterestedAlways as a person or a internet buddy?

She and i are colleagues. Personally? No, but our interactions happen away from this site in a research group.

RE: George Bush. I live just outside Midland. I don't know him personally, but know many who do. He grew up in Midland as a drunk, a womanizer, and an egotistical jerk. The story I get about him is that he was a horrible person that was transformed into a decent man by his wife (whom he met in a backyard barbcue in Midland). It doesn't make him a good president, but I can provide you with plenty of information about him should you care to know more (including childhood photo's).

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

I beg to differ my avatar falls within the moral code of ethics of...someone's group and has been deemed suitable for all ages

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
My avatar has a present for you. Yes you.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Do you know InterestedAlways as a person or a internet buddy?

I do and she is ten times the person you seem to be. Heart compassion and non-judgmental.

Those that judge others are the evil ones my friend. Just because someone sports a cool avatar does not mean its what they believe in.

You put down what you call Witchcraft Avatars...what the heck is a Witchcraft avatar? Jesus Christ was crucified for being a Witch.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join