It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli army masses along Lebanon border

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
This is fulfillment of bible prophesy coming true before our eyes.

Psalm 83 describes the formation and attack by the Arab confederacy. Ten nations in all. Israel defeats them.

Obama will have his hands full in less than 2 weeks.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabisquit
This is fulfillment of bible prophesy coming true before our eyes.

Psalm 83 describes the formation and attack by the Arab confederacy. Ten nations in all. Israel defeats them.

Obama will have his hands full in less than 2 weeks.

I don't know much about the Jewish religion but i just read the Psalm that you've referred to. It sounds like a prayer asking God to kill everyone. There's nothing in it about God telling Jewish people to kill everyone.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Israel is going to be at war with the whole middle east in the not to distant future and will lose all remaining popular support. The US will be derided for supporting such a beligerent state. Eventually their war machine will give out and become overwhelmed, especially if the US stops the military aid. They had to ship some a few days ago to keep their inventory up. This state is the greatest threat to world peace and must be stopped at all costs.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
It's not hard to pick up a 2000 year old book full of prophecies and find something that might be intepreted as relevant to the present.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

You just want Israel to invade Lebanon. You want Israel to go in there and tear the house down, but its got nothing to do with Israel defending itself or Israeli citizens. IMO, from what I have gotten from your posts over my time here, you don't give a damn what happens to the Israeli people or Israel. Israel's enemy just happens to be your enemy so you are rooting for Israel to stomp them out.

You don't care about the Israeli people that would die as a result, and definitely don't care about anyone on the other side, you just want them to fight your war.

That's even low for you. Quit calling for war, especially when you aren't the one that has to sacrifice because of it.

[edit on 15-1-2009 by grimreaper797]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Yeah, wooooh!

Let's cheer Israel on! Get us some more of them A-rab towelheads! We all know that Israel is our friend, and can't do wrong. Hell, even if they did do wrong, pointing out would make us anti-Semitic, so lets y'all keep our mouths shut.

With us, the US of ****ing A behind them Jews, we cayen't lose! Wooh, Nuke it all! Yeah! Let's get that little country I-ran, they sure do sound like that other country, the one we are still losing in. Oh well, we all have faith in our new God Emperor! He speaks so well, he must be infallible, just like Israel!

---------------------

That is pretty much the gist I got from a lot of posters in this thread. Mainly Americans. You wonder why the world hates you, looks down on you as a people, and wonders why in God's name did a country full of such heartless, warmongering idiots get to where they are today?

Maybe because the second a chance comes up for innocent Men, Women and Children (usually Arabic) to be killed by yourselves or an ally, you take it and talk about how much 'kicking ass' you are going to do or have done.

Wow, I truly hope one day you find yourselves getting your own ass kicked, huddled in a shaking, crumbling room and wonder 'what did I do to deserve this?'. What you did to deserve it is to either support, or sit back and allow, countries around the world, namely the USA and Israel at this time, to slaughter INNOCENT PEOPLE.

Who gives a flying **** if Hamas fired the first shot. Does that give Israel the right to liquidate an entire country? And what now looks like it may lead to the same fate for other neighbours?

What if the tables were turned? WHAT IF ISRAEL HAD BEEN FIRING ROCKETS AT HAMAS FOR 5 YEARS? WHAT IF HAMAS HAD RETALIATED? I bet you would all still be calling for Hamas to stop the 'war crimes' and 'racism'. Funny, when the shoe is on the other foot isn't it?

Yeah, I'm probably going to get a warn for this rant, but I don't care. I can't believe Americans, namely ones that are meant to be as 'clued up' as on ATS, can sit back and pat each other on the back for one country 'kicking the ass' of another. Haven't you learned anything since 2004? You've had 'your asses kicked' in Iraq enough to know the effect war can have.

Why wish it on anyone else?

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Been reading all the posts in this tread with a big smile on my face.
Sry for my bad english and incoming wall of text, but i cannot stop myself
to reply.

I can be called an Israel suporter (i am Romanian-its a country in Europe),
but i will try not to be so biased on this issue.

Current known facts : Israel IS a state founded in 1948, a state who fought
at least 4 wars (if we add small skirmishes like 2006, they fought 8).
After ALL those wars, Israel IS still here, and bigger than in '48.
From a logical point of view, Israel won.Egypt and Jordan, 2 former
enemyes of Israel are now having diplomatic ties with Israel.
This can be called another victory for Israel.
Regardless WHY Egypt and Jordan are having better ties with Israel than
they had in '48, or '54, or '67 or '73, its a know fact that they cannot
be called enemyes of Israel (like Syria or Iran).

I will not say that Israel ''kick ass'' some country or some organization,
b/c my view on ''kicking ass'' is a bit more complex than most think.
(if someone slaps me in the face and i beat him to death, that is what
i call ''kick ass'').

The only time when Israel ''kicked ass'' was the 6-day war.All other wars
can be qualified as ''tehnical KO's'' as best.

What is happening now in Gaza can be called a war.2005 was the year
when Israel forced all their settlers in Gaza to move out of ther.From
that point, Gaza (even if their air space, boudaries and sea water were
contrlod by Israel) becomed ruled by PALESTINIAN organizations, mainly
Fatah and Hamas.Fatah is the ''moderate'' palestinian org.
Hamas started slinging missiles / mortars in Israel...since 2001.Isreal
always retaliated with air strikes.Since mid 2005, Hamas launched
a number on missiles/mortar rounds (8000+) against Israel.

The number of casualties was far greater in the ranks of palestinians than
israelis.If this means ''disproportionate'', yes , it is.But only if u COUNT
the casualties (no matter if soldiers or civilians...the soldier is still a
HUMAN beign).
But how about this way : a crude kassam have no accuracy at all.Many
of them exploded closed to kindergartens in Israel, many of them hit
civilian buildings.Would a ''proportionate'' response, with crude manmade
kassams from Israel into Gaza's nurseryes or kindergates, more attractive
for all those muslim lovers here?

U know what have in common Darfur, Sry Lanka, Somalia, where are
FAR MORE victims for fightings? Two things : there are no Jews involved
and there is no world outcry.

If Lebanon will become a second front (which IT will very very fast), no
matter who starts, or how (false flag, Hizzbolah attacks, whatever), Israel
will be unleashed.
For those who do not know how Israel acts if IDF is on the loose (no more
crap political strings), try to find out what they have done in 6-day war,
when combined arabian armyes wanted to drove them on the sea.
The huge difference now from than: now Israel have NUKES.

If the things become really grim for Israel (like Obama declares and sus
pends US help for Israell), and Israel is attacked AGAIN by Hammas+
Hezzbollah+Syria+Iran+etc, make no mistake : Israel will USE nukes.

It really doesn't mater what will happend next.I just pray that the world
will NOT push the Israelis in the corner...because this will mean the END
of the world.USA would better be in the future the same staunch ally of
Israel, because the consequnces ot not be, will be far far far more worse.

As a conclusion, i hope the muslims better have a long break and think
what to do with Israel.Recognizing their RIGHT to exist will be the smart
choice.I am still lvling my warrior in world of warcraft, and i want to
enjoy this game for more years to come (along with other pleasures IRL),
and not to live in a cave because of nuclear fallout.

So, lets pray that muslims will never ever have nukes or REALLY REALLY
want to kill all jews (by starting a big war against them).

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I can't wait for one of the rockets from Hamas or Hezzbolah to slam into Al Aqsa mosque. Boy would their face be red...

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by CapsFan8

Well said CapsFan.

My thoughts exactly.

Israel and the U.S.' support of Israel are the two primary causes of most of the the turmoil that exists in today's world, at least that which the MSM tells us about and tries always to convince us is the other party's fault, though that seems to be changing and I give the MSM credit for that.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Obliterated

Well God has used His people and those that are not of Israel to carry out His will. Since God is soverign over all, He can use who or what He wants for His plan, just as Judas was used to betray Jesus Christ. King Cyrus was used, as was Alexander the Great.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by dubiousone

Human trafficking, slave labor, mass genocide in Burma, Africa, religious persecution in Communist and Islamic countries. People using their money to buy big homes, expensive cars and so on. I would say that these are the biggest terrors to mankind. Serving yourself, is the greatest problem in the world. Children are kidnapped in Thailand and put into a world of child sex trade.

A thing to realize is that there are none righteous. None of us are born war lords, dictators, murderers and so on. But we become this way through conditioning and ultimately selfish motive. I don't care what the excuse is a person might have for their actions.
We always know right from wrong and each one must be held accountable for their bad deeds. Just because a person is an ordinary civilian compared to a President or King, does not make the person any less responsible for their sins and the same for a King or President.

If right and wrong is what you feel it is or is not, then where can the line be drawn? And how can it be drawn? Right and wrong is an absolute truth and only insane people would deny it.

'Remove the log from your own eye and you will see to remove the speck of dust from your brother's eye. '

[edit on 15-1-2009 by TruthSeeker8300]

[edit on 15-1-2009 by TruthSeeker8300]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthSeeker8300

Well God has used His people and those that are not of Israel to carry out His will.

I think that everyone has a choice to do or not to do. We all have the capacity to make moral decisions based on what is wrong and right (i hope). If anyone is acting in God's name, I think that God should come down from the sky and let us all know in advance.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
So does anyone actually have any more news on this topic, or has it pretty much died because PRESSTV is the only reporting this Israeli buildup? Please, someone provide more sources to this headline if possible. Its seems like this thread now has just spiraled into a pissing match about Israel and Hizbollah. Does anyone have any actual news? I think this buildup is BS and PRESSTV is VERY unreliable.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
So does anyone actually have any more news on this topic, or has it pretty much died because PRESSTV is the only reporting this Israeli buildup? Please, someone provide more sources to this headline if possible. Its seems like this thread now has just spiraled into a pissing match about Israel and Hizbollah. Does anyone have any actual news? I think this buildup is BS and PRESSTV is VERY unreliable.

I certainly agree with your understanding of presstv.

That said, Israel "IS" building up near the Lebanon border.

This is, of course, in responce to two seperate rocket attacks coming from Lebanon.

In fact, Israel has made it clear, that if this happens again, then the area where the attacks comes from will be bombed in "RESPONCE" to the attacks.
Naharnet

I don't know this source at all, but I find what it says a very reasonable reaction to two different attacks from Lebanon.

I will look for more sources to confirm.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Animal
reply to post by intrepid

Bottom lone is I really do hope Israel is not about to begin another war.

You make it sound as if Israel is always the instigator in war. I seem to remember it being attacked several times by its neighbors. I must be the only one on here that doesn't think either side is just. Killing is killing. There are so many reasons for killing and war, I wish there were just as many for peace.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I found some more news.

www.menewsline.com...

LONDON [MENL] -- The Iranian-sponsored Hizbullah has relocated its commandand control centers in what could signal preparations for another war withIsrael. Western intelligence sources said Hizbullah has intensified militarypreparations over the last few weeks amid the Hamas war with Israel. Thesources said Hizbullah was transferring command and control and logisticscenters from Beirut to southern Lebanon and the Bekaa Valley near the Syrianborder. "Hizbullah is reorganizing its military assets in a way that suggestspreparations for an escalation along the Israeli border," an intelligencesource said.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Obliterated

Yo Obliterated...

Maybe you've heard of this term... 'human shield'.

If memory serves, wasn't a lot of that going in Lebanon in 2006?

Ditto on the comments vis-a-vis PressTV.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Don't put your rocket launcher in a school, and then no one will target the school.

Either way they win. You target the school - people get mad. You don't target the school, and they kill you with impunity.

Why is this such a difficult concept to grasp?

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Black_Fox

Nazi Germany, too. Had Hitler been smart enough so as to avoid a confrontation with the Soviets, he would have wrung England's neck.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I would like to point out that moving troops to a border can also be a defensive measure. It would not be the first time Israel if they were attacked on multiple fronts.

I am no supporter of Israel, but I would like to see anyone from any country here supporting Hamas be so nice to any organisation that acts independant from a central government (Hamas is not a government, they were elected and refused to give up power and is holding the people of Gaza hostage) if that organisation was firing missles into their cities and then running and hiding in civilian populations.

A lot of people point out how the US propts up the government of Israel, but that government is democratically elected. Also they allow all faiths to come and worship at the many holy sites inside their national borders. I would like to see a group like Hamas let Christian's and Jew's come and worship at their holy sites without fear of being attacked.

Organisations like Hamas are bad for everyone, no organisation that can consider non-combatants as targets for violence should ever weild power and should be hunted down and destroyed at all costs.

If Al-aeda seized power in Pakistan I would imagine a many people here supporting Hamas would want someone to make the bad man go away because they could threaten their cities and their families. Remember that the rockets fired by Hamas target innocent people, if you were one of those innocent people Im sure you wouldnt reject military action or scream conspiracy if it made you and your families safer.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join